• Hi ! Thank you for your reply, multimachine is indeed really powerful for some renders, we've never tried that before !

Currently trying to render 7sec animation of our 96 pages FlipBook, "CINEMA 4D" settings, on 6 instances of AECC2019, on a 56 cores workstation (E5-2683v3 @ 2.0Ghz), 32gb DDRAM3.
    Eventhough it seems 2 times faster, for 7sec of animation, we have an estimation of 1h of render time...
    The project has a resolution of 2742x1200 @ 25fps, each page is 2398x2965
    For a 3min clip (our goal) it's simply too much.

Any thoughts ?
    Best regards,
    Anthony
  • The script itself simply creates book rigs and does not affect the render time.

The render time is affected by the settings of the  "CINEMA 4D" Renderer, the presence of DOF at the camera and the Motion Blur in the composition.
    I think you can run more instances on your computer (~10-20). Probably for this you need to increase the amount of memory. Start a new instance and look in the Task Manager.

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hi, Christina.

1. Select "Pages" folder
    2. Activate "MAIN COMP"
    3. Press "Make 3D Flip Book" button

See video for more help.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Thank you for taking the time to answer my previous question. Apologies for not having read the instructions properly.

I have a shot where I need to show the book with the camera at somewhere between 70-90 degree angle. Unfortunately, at this angle the cover ends up looking very thin and page-like. Is there anything you would recommend doing to make the the cover look thicker? Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Hi, CJ.

You can duplicate cover layers.
    1. Set the time on the open book.
    2. Duplicate the cover layer and link it to the original.
    3. Set Z-position to -2 for front cover and +2 for back cover.
    4. Disable Y Rotation expression, set value to +90 for front cover and -90 for back cover.

You can make multiple duplicates with different Z-position offsets.

Thin cover.jpg
    1233 x 1028 - 538K
  • こんにちは!とてもいいスクリプトをありがとう

ひとつ質問なのですが、ページを任意の順番にしたいのですが、うまくいきません。
    どのようにどのようにすれば希望の順番通りになりますか?

• Hi.
    The script does not sort pages in the folder, it takes them in the order in which they are provided AE.
    Add a numeric prefix in the page names. (001_page, 002_page, ...)

Thanks
    Andrew

• 質問です!
    ここのページに動画を埋め込むことは可能でしょうか?
  • Yes you can.
  • Please include page curvature in your next update. Thx
  • Curvature at 100% is not enough can you please increase no limitation it hardly shows theirs curvature. when doing a magazine style booklet it would be great to have more control on this aspect as well as maybe adding extra corner curvature option
  • An increase in curvature will lead to the intersection of pages in 3D space.
    It is not possible to bend a corner of a page with a script.
    The built-in plugin "CC Page Turn" only works with 2D.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi there - loving 3D flip book. Is there a way to control one page at a time so that one page turns and holds for a while then another turns and holds so I can choose when each page turns. I can kind of do it with time remapping but wondered if I am missing something obvious? Many thanks
  • Hi, Neil.

You need to add the key (Pages Turn) when you want to hold the page and duplicate this key when you can continue turn pages.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi
    I’m a little confused, if we buy this, will it already be made and we just add in our own stuff or is this a tutorial on how to do it? Also how would can I change the color of the book
  • Hi I’m a little confused, if we buy this, will it already be made and we just add in our own stuff or is this a tutorial on how to do it? Also how would can I change the color of the book
    This is a tutorial for a quick introduction to the script.
    It is understood that you yourself will create the pages, put them in a folder and click create a book.
  • it works with AE 2021?

• The script in version AE 2021 has not been tested. We are waiting for the final version.
    You can download a trial version of the script and check its functionality.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Any suggestions on how to use 3D Flip Book to create a 3D newspaper?

Would that be achievable with effects like Page Turn, CC Bender, CC Bend It, Turbulent Displace?

Thanks for any help.
  • The script creates only Rig for the Book or Magazine.
    You can apply these plugins on the book pages, but you will manage them manually.
    Download the trial version of the script and try.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Is there a way to embed video in any of the pages used in the flip book or are you limited to pngs or other still formats? 
  • Each page in the book will be a composition to which you can insert any content.
  • Hi, I downloaded the trial version to try it.
    I've followed the instructions and copied js file at correct location in Mac. However, after opening the sample project in AE, I can't see the "Make 3D Flip Book" button for completing Step 3.
    How can I get it?

Thank you!
    I've followed the instructions and copied js file at correct location in Mac. However, after opening the sample project in AE, I can't see the "Make 3D Flip Book" button for completing Step 3.
    How can I get it?

Thank you!
    Scripts without a UI are installed in the Scripts folder and run from the File->Scripts menu.
    How can I get it?

Thank you!
    Scripts without a UI are installed in the Scripts folder and run from the File->Scripts menu.
    That worked like a charm! Than you for quick response. Testing now, will buy thereafter.
  • Hi, I have another question. Can a book be created in landscape mode if my photos are in landscape mode (including covers pages and spine)?
  • Hi, I have another question. Can a book be created in landscape mode if my photos are in landscape mode (including covers pages and spine)?
    What is the size of the pages and the cover of this size and the book.
    The script simply collects a book from ready-made pages and adds expressions to turn pages.
    zip
    zip
    Sample project landscape.zip
  • Amazing! The example you've given in the attached sample file answers my question perfectly.
    No more doubts, I've purchased the license.

Your support level makes this marvellous product shine out, thanks guys!!
  • Compatibility problem with Windows 11?
    Cinema 4D renderer gave me a message error...
  • Compatibility problem with Windows 11?
    Cinema 4D renderer gave me a message error...
    Hi, Andre.
    Attach the screenshot of the error.
    Without a script 4D Renderer works fine on your system?
  • It works without the Cinema 4D Renderer, just not as nice.
    Here are the message error I get.

• Not sure if you can see the screen grabs...
  • After Effects error: Cinema 4D: Render Failed

(5070::0)
  • Thanks.
    I have no opportunity to check on Windows 11.
    Perhaps this is a problem with video card drivers.
  • Perhaps this video will be useful.
  • Could be the lates tversion of After Effects?
  • There's some mistakes in the Classic 3D Renderer...
  • In Persian or Arabic, sentences are written from right to left and numbers from left to right, so the book opens from the right. Is there any possibility for these languages in your plugin?
  • Hi, Ali.
    The script creates a book from left to right, but you can open and flip the book from any side. To change the order of pages when creating a book, you need to rename them so that they go in the reverse order.

For the opening a book from left to right you need to change the animation settings to the opposite.
    open from left to right: Open: 100 -> 50
    pages turn left to right: Pages Turn: 100 -> 0

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Confirmed ! The problem comes with the latest version of After Effects...
    Cinema 4D renderer won't work properly... Stay in 2021.
  • Hi, I can't see the page blend. It could be the AE version?
    many thanks
    Best
  • Hi, I can't see the page blend. It could be the AE version?
    many thanks
    Best
    Hi, what do you mean by "page blend"?
    Thanks
    Andrew
  • One of the worst script I have ever noticed on AESCRIPTS portal. I tried many ways and many times but it just dont work and on top of it, author does not believe in providing detail step by step tutorials so totally worthless. Wait till someone clever person comes up with more reliable script.
  • Hi, Raju.
    Thanks for your feedback it is very important to me.
    You may have trouble working with the script because it has only One button.
    Before you click on the button you need to make two simple actions:
    • Select the Folder containing the Pages (minimum 6 pages)
    • Activate a Composition for new Book
    This is written in the description to the script and shown in the video.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi Froggy Team,

I am having an issue with this plugin. I've followed the instructions, but when I click on the button it only puts the controls into the comp. There is no book or page compositions. I'm unfotunately unable to attach a screen shot. But my composition has only 3 control layers after going through the correct process:

Book_001
    [Book_001_3]
    [Book_001_2]

Thanks!