• imageSF Caddy

SF-Caddy is an after-effects tool that will help you with replacements item for your character. Simply select the item that you want to replace, then, click "LOAD ITEMS". Each click on an item in the panel will switch to the selected item and add a keyframe on the timeline.

https://aescripts.com/sf-caddy/

• Instead of each frame being a still image, would be great if each frame could be a precomp, wherein an animation could play within that precomp until the next item is loaded in.  If that doesn't make sense, here's what I just tried...  I created 5 precomps (each precomp housing a 20sec animation).  When I dropped my SFCaddy comp (containing 5 frames for those 5 precomps) into a main timeline and then clicked Load Items... it successfully changes the precomp whenever I click on each precomp button (in the sf caddy panel), but it doesn't play any of the animation contained within each precomp.  Is this possible??  If so, please advise how this can be accomplished.  If not possible, please consider adding this functionality in a future update, thanks! 
  • Great thinking, what you suggest will be added in the next coming update.
    It is currently in the bata phase.
  • Great time saver! Really easy to use and super usefule for mouths!
  • Thanks a lot :)
  • Hello Script Fighter, I downloaded the trial version and found that this is v1.1. not v2 
  • Unfortunately v2.0 will not be available in the trial version right now.
  • Hello!
    Thank you very much for the update!
    Its a great tool!!!
    But how is the workflow for animated Images within the Pre-Comp!
    Can I have different lengths for the layers? Not just one Frame?
    Can you make a tutorial to show how it works? I don‘t get it :-)))
    Greetings!
  • Hello! Thank you very much for the update! Its a great tool!!! But how is the workflow for animated Images within the Pre-Comp! Can I have different lengths for the layers? Not just one Frame? Can you make a tutorial to show how it works? I don‘t get it :-))) Greetings!
    Now you can watch the tutorial :)
  • great tool!

the "Load items" Button is way too big. 
    I have lots of lots of buttons in After Effects.
    I don`t need a big black thing, that wastes my precious screen space.

besides that i am currently working on some projects with SF-Caddy and it is a big help!
    Keep up the good work.  
  • Is it possible to make a looping animation using sf caddy? For example, I was thinking of placing a full walk cycle of a character in the SF Caddy comp. There will also be other animations in the layer comp as well. I think it would be easier to animate characters with a lot of pre-made animations using SF Caddy.
  • I'm using this plugin for lip syncing and I'm having lots of issues. For some reason, it will completely disregard certain layers in my Mouth Shape pre-comp. Consonants will be replaced by A shapes, Ooh shapes will replace O shapes, etc. Sometimes I can get it to look right in the timeline but when I render out the sequence as PNGs...again, half of my layers are altered. It also doesn't seem to like when I put a keyframe on each frame. I seemingly can only lip sync when I'm using one keyframe for every two frames, which is most frustrating. 

Do you have any advice? 
  • I'm using this plugin for lip syncing and I'm having lots of issues. For some reason, it will completely disregard certain layers in my Mouth Shape pre-comp. Consonants will be replaced by A shapes, Ooh shapes will replace O shapes, etc. Sometimes I can get it to look right in the timeline but when I render out the sequence as PNGs...again, half of my layers are altered. It also doesn't seem to like when I put a keyframe on each frame. I seemingly can only lip sync when I'm using one keyframe for every two frames, which is most frustrating. 

Do you have any advice? 

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Do you have any advice? 
    As Lioyd said, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Please also check that the frame rate of your composition and of the Replacement Comp is synchronized.

Do you have any advice? 
    I appear to have just found a solution (albeit a bit of an obnoxious one). I basically had to go back and delete and replace each keyframe and replace it. It wound up rendering fine right after that.

EDIT: Whoops. It turned out to be a very temporary fix.
  • Hi, is it possible to have several instances of SF Caddy working at the same time? For example, one for mouths, another for hands, etc?

Thanks!
  • Yes of course, as you can see in the the tool Trailer:

• Awesome, thanks. One more: Can I control a nested comp from the main timeline?
  • I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can always download a trial and try it for yourself:
  • OK thanks! Well I mean the following: I have a character comp named "character". Inside it I have a precomp named "head" where I have (among other things) my mouth shapes. I understand it is possible to use SFCaddy to change the mouth shapes if I am inside the "head" precomp. But if I am in the main  "Character" comp, can I use SFC to change the mouths inside the "head" precomp?

Hope it's clear now, sorry for the hassle :)
  • Just bought it BTW :)
  • Hi there! I upgraded to After Effects 2021 by accident, then realized SF Caddy didn't support it. After I downgraded back to AE 2020, SF Caddy constantly crashes upon launch. Please help!
  • Hi there! I upgraded to After Effects 2021 by accident, then realized SF Caddy didn't support it. After I downgraded back to AE 2020, SF Caddy constantly crashes upon launch. Please help!
    Please open a support ticket and we will help you :
  • Trial is v2.8.2, not v2.8.4
  • Trial is v2.8.2, not v2.8.4
    Fixed now :)
  • Hi , is it possible to be able to use in a precomp ?is there a work around ? I have my mouth shapes in a precomp that is in my Head Comp and my head comp is in main comp with the body. I can only control SF Caddy if i m at the lowest precomp. But I would prefer to have the controls set in my main comp and not 3 comps lower.. if that makes any sence.

Thx
  • Hey! So I've been using SF caddy for some time now. 

All of the sudden, it stopped working. 

The UI panel doesnt show the layers of my precomps. Everytime I click on load, it just remains blank. Is there any way to fix this? I tried re installing SF caddy, but it didn't work. I'm trying to work around this without reinstalling after effects since it would be a pain in the a** to reinstall all plugins... 

Any suggestions of what could be happening?

I'm using version 2.8.4 and after effects 2022 version 22.5.0
    Captura de pantalla 2022-07-14 101046.png
    1536 x 831 - 152K
  • Can you please send us the After Effects project (or part of it) where you are experiencing this issue so we will be able to check why it happens?

You can send it via our email [email protected]

Hey! So I've been using SF caddy for some time now. 

The UI panel doesnt show the layers of my precomps. Everytime I click on load, it just remains blank. Is there any way to fix this? I tried re installing SF caddy, but it didn't work. I'm trying to work around this without reinstalling after effects since it would be a pain in the a** to reinstall all plugins... 

• Hey! So I've been using SF caddy for some time now. 

I have the same problem, have you found a way to solve this problem?
    Thank you
  • Hello. Will you add a 2023 support for the new released Adobe products?

Thank you.
  • Done
    Hello. Will you add a 2023 support for the new released Adobe products?

Thank you.

• Done
    Hello. Will you add a 2023 support for the new released Adobe products?

Thank you.
  • It is still not working with the newly released After Effects 2023. I think you need to update the plugin. 
  • It is still not working with the newly released After Effects 2023. I think you need to update the plugin. 
    It works great on our side.
    Please open a support ticket:
  • This does not work ........ the "load items function is missing when used in my 2023 after effects version. Is sf caddy just a faulty software? or is it not compatible with the latest version of after effects. I created a support ticket but have received no response yet I wish I could recommend this product to my friends.....
  • Hello! I would like to buy this script. Please confirm that it's working it AE 2023

Thank you!
  • Yes, and you can test it in After Effects 2023 using the trial version.
    Hello! I would like to buy this script. Please confirm that it's working it AE 2023

Thank you!

• It works great with After Effects 2023 and we responded right away via support.

Hello! I would like to buy this script. Please confirm that it's working it AE 2023

Thank you!

• Hello, 

Just got this plugin. Is it possible to control, lets say, 2 diferent precomps? One with the Mouths and the other with the eyes?

thank you
  • Hello, 

Just got this plugin. Is it possible to control, lets say, 2 diferent precomps? One with the Mouths and the other with the eyes?

thank you

Great idea, maybe we will add it in the future to the tool
  • It's a very cool and useful plugin. Sadly very often when I render, it alters the frames or disregard some of the keyframes. I think it might be After Effects being bad at handling a one frame change between time remapping - so some times it works and some times not. I did not send this as a ticket, because I expect it is an after effects problem. But nonetheless it makes it difficult to trust this way of handling frames in an animation. 

Do you have any advice? 
    I assume you have not found a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem. 
  • It's a very cool and useful plugin. Sadly very often when I render, it alters the frames or disregard some of the keyframes. I think it might be After Effects being bad at handling a one frame change between time remapping - so some times it works and some times not. I did not send this as a ticket, because I expect it is an after effects problem. But nonetheless it makes it difficult to trust this way of handling frames in an animation. 

Hello,

We appreciate you using our tool.

It's an After Effects bug, you're right

There are two solutions you can try to resolve that issue:

1. In After Effects, purge and clean the cache and memory.

2. Make sure the main composition and the replacement composition have the same frame rate.

Hello,

We appreciate you using our tool.

It's an After Effects bug, you're right

There are two solutions you can try to resolve that issue:

1. In After Effects, purge and clean the cache and memory.

2. Make sure the main composition and the replacement composition have the same frame rate.

Thanks. Sadly that doesn't fix it. Just some times. :(
  • Broken for me too... I hit the load button and the script partially works but items do not load in the bin. I've Purged all and even wiped my Ae preferences.

[EDITED] - My IT department was able to find that SF Caddy works in After Effects 22.6.0, but breaks in 22.6.4. Reverting back fixed the issue. Also, using  Ae 2023 worked but the project required me to stay in 22. All good now.
  • Hi admin this is really important for me. In the earlier versions I could turn the holdframes into linear ones. Now this no longer exists, how do I turn the hold keyframes into linear again please?

Update: Okay wheew I have found it in settings never mind! I'm so happy.
  • Hi admin this is really important for me. In the earlier versions I could turn the holdframes into linear ones. Now this no longer exists, how do I turn the hold keyframes into linear again please?

Update: Okay wheew I have found it in settings never mind! I'm so happy.
    Yes, you can do it in the tool settings.
  • Does this only work with the parent comp, or can it be used another level up? For example, if my comp hierarchy is like this:

-Main Comp
       -Character Comp
          - Mouth Comp

Is there a way to use SF Caddy in the Main Comp to control the mouth poses?

Thank you!
  • I clicked on the Load Items button, but the buttons aren't visible.

Is that normal?
  • I clicked on the Load Items button, but the buttons aren't visible.

Is that normal?
    No, Please open a Support Ticket or you could send us an email
    I was having the exact same issue, looked fine in preview but weird errors when I rendered out.  However, thanks to this reddit thread, I found two answers!  The first worked for me, if it doesn't for you, try the second:

1) Turn on "collapse transformations" for all of your character comps (any comp you're using SF-caddy with).  It's the little star icon checkbox next to the shy layer icon.

2) On your character comps, go to Composition Settings > Advanced > Preserve frame rate when nested.  This shouldn't really be an issue since everything should be the same frame rate, but it might work.