• The plugin looks great! 

--> Is a native plugin? Any speed claims? GPU acceleration or multiprocessor? Thanks!
  • The plugin looks great! 

--> Is a native plugin? Any speed claims? GPU acceleration or multiprocessor? Thanks!
    Thank! 
    --> Yes, it is native. It works fast. 

You can push "Try" button, download plugin and check speed on your PC.
  • I like this emulation approach. It feels pretty realistic, IMO.
    It might take a bit of experimentation/animation to get the right look, but that also encourages unique results. 
  • A pretty plugin. Some comments:

1. Seems to render slowly on my Mac 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB RAM, AE 17.5.1
    2. A pity there is no option to reduce the strength to 0, so signal strength is 1, but the effect is still there. A philosophy, but this avoids to make glitches spontaneously. So if I would like only use TV Distortion without the topper settings. So only with adjustment layer possible.
    3. A pity it crashes to often on the mentioned system…

Any changes planned to 2+3?

Nevertheless, congrats! Better then other known simulations and glitches, IMHO.
  • A pretty plugin. Some comments:

1. Seems to render slowly on my Mac 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB RAM, AE 17.5.1
    2. A pity there is no option to reduce the strength to 0, so signal strength is 1, but the effect is still there. A philosophy, but this avoids to make glitches spontaneously. So if I would like only use TV Distortion without the topper settings. So only with adjustment layer possible.
    3. A pity it crashes to often on the mentioned system…

Any changes planned to 2+3?

Nevertheless, congrats! Better then other known simulations and glitches, IMHO.
    Hello Krystyna!
    2) We cant use 0 in parameter, because it will lead to dividing by 0 in our code. So 1 is lowest point in signal strength. 
    I think there are many ways to make same effect as TV distortion without our plugin, so we didnt think about using it without other parameters.

3) Some of users faced same problem, and now we are trying to figure out how to recreate this bug, so we can fix it. 

Thank you for using and for kind words! 
  • What camera was used to record the footage in the video. Also was the footage 4k or 1080p or 480?

thanks
  • What camera was used to record the footage in the video. Also was the footage 4k or 1080p or 480?

thanks
    iPhone 8-10 cameras. Resolution varied from vertical 720p (croped to horizontal) to horizontal 720p
  • Nice plugin! It only crashes AE all the time. (macOS 11.2, AE 17.7.0) 
    Are you guys planning an update soon?
  • Ver. 1.0.1 works fine now on my: Mac 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB RAM, AE 17.5.1
    I love this plugin!
  • Nice plugin! It only crashes AE all the time. (macOS 11.2, AE 17.7.0) 
    Are you guys planning an update soon?
    Thanks!
    Already updated it yesterday :) Download version 1.0.1
  • 1.1.9  (Current version)  -  Mar 22, 2021 ???

Fix it on 1.1.0

• 1.1.9  (Current version)  -  Mar 22, 2021 ???

Fix it on 1.1.0

oh you are right! Thanks!
  • Hello. Amazingly cool plugin. Is there any way to add control for the amount of blur that's applied by the plugin? In some cases I'd like to reduce the amount of blur, and I'm finding that this plugin makes everything quite fuzzy, even with all the other parameters down or off.
  • ive just purchased this plugin on my mac and love it ! i just have one question; how do you remove the red 'X' that stretches across the screen? cant seem to remove it from the display when i have this effect open.

thanks !
  • Hey! What are the settings to get the distortions for black text on white background as you see in the intro video? I can't quite replicate the effect:)
  • Great plugin -- any chance it'll be GPU accelerated in the future? :) Rendering this out can add quite a bit of time currently
  • ive just purchased this plugin on my mac and love it ! i just have one question; how do you remove the red 'X' that stretches across the screen? cant seem to remove it from the display when i have this effect open.

thanks !
    I'm having the same issue! Even after exporting footage. have you solved it yet?
  • lore suto said:
    Hello. Amazingly cool plugin. Is there any way to add control for the amount of blur that's applied by the plugin? In some cases I'd like to reduce the amount of blur, and I'm finding that this plugin makes everything quite fuzzy, even with all the other parameters down or off.
    Hey! Sorry for a late answer. There is sub menu called "Experimental parameters", where you can find Scanline blur parameter. Turn it to 0. 
    Also thanks for using our tool!

thanks !

ive just purchased this plugin on my mac and love it ! i just have one question; how do you remove the red 'X' that stretches across the screen? cant seem to remove it from the display when i have this effect open.

thanks !
    I'm having the same issue! Even after exporting footage. have you solved it yet?
    Hello guys! You need to register your plugin in After Effects. Push "register" button in plugin menu in After Effects and paste your license code! Good luck!
  • Great plugin -- any chance it'll be GPU accelerated in the future? :) Rendering this out can add quite a bit of time currently
    Hello Joey! Looks like we do not plan to add GPU accelerating now. But who knows, everything is possible! We just don't have enough time to do that.
  • Hey! What are the settings to get the distortions for black text on white background as you see in the intro video? I can't quite replicate the effect:)
    Hey Marcus! Sorry, but i do not remember parameters)) Just make signal strengh low, and move text in frame! Good luck!
  • I bought this.
    Manual installation is complete.
    But it is on the screen, a red 'X' appears,
    i want to delete this But I don't know where to find the license code. Where is the license code?
  • I bought this.
    Manual installation is complete.
    But it is on the screen, a red 'X' appears,
    i want to delete this But I don't know where to find the license code. Where is the license code?
    I found the license code.
    I will use the program well. It's such a good program.
    I am a painter living in Korea.
    @dacsurlap I will use this program on YouTube.
  • I can’t get it to install on Premiere Pro manually or through the manager. Not sure what I can do, I’ve tried everything.
  • Compatibility for 2022 AE version?
  • I can’t get it to install on Premiere Pro manually or through the manager. Not sure what I can do, I’ve tried everything.
    I have the exact same problem. It does show up in After Effects but I can't see it in the effects panel of Premiere Pro 2021. Does it has something to do with the fact dat I have an M1 Mac Mini? Although it's still a bit weird that it does work in After Effects.
  • It's a good plugin but it's missing some kind of "Head Switching Noise" emulation. VHS videos always have that line near the bottom of the picture which sort of looks like the picture has been shifted over by several pixels on a couple of rows. I'm not convinced by the "tape errors" function either which i think look fake. 
    Hello Matsu! Thanks for feedback. I understand what are you talking about, but it is a problem to make really good and true emulation of VHS tape. Signal plugin is about emulation analog signal, and your suggestion is about emulation of physical objects interracting with magnetic field, which cause some cool analog glitch effects. Now it looks like really hard to make mathematical model of that thing, so we didn't do that. If you will see some good science paper about this, lets us know, we really appreciate this! Thanks for using Signal!
    I have the exact same problem. It does show up in After Effects but I can't see it in the effects panel of Premiere Pro 2021. Does it has something to do with the fact dat I have an M1 Mac Mini? Although it's still a bit weird that it does work in After Effects.
    Hello! Actually we didn't test Signal on M1 Macs. But i advice you to clean "plugin cache" in Premiere Pro. Just press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.
    Also remember to look "Signal_Installation.txt" in plugin archieve. There you can find installation guide.
  • Hey Team, when applying plugin to layer in AE 2021 (OSX Mojave) fails to launch and shows error.(Couldnt find main entry point for signal.plugin (48::72) and (invalid filter(25::3)  Any help on this?
  • Hello.

Thanks for having developed such a great plugin; I was wondering if there were any plans to make the plugin compatible with the After Effects Apple Silicon Beta, therefore making it compatible with the Apple Silicon Architecture.

Thank you very much.
  • Hey Team, when applying plugin to layer in AE 2021 (OSX Mojave) fails to launch and shows error.(Couldnt find main entry point for signal.plugin (48::72) and (invalid filter(25::3)  Any help on this?
    Same it's happening to me.
    Same it's happening to me.
    Hello Paul and Jorge! Try to download Signal ver. 1.1.0 from your account menu. It is same version of plugin, but with older license framework. 
  • Hello.

Thanks for having developed such a great plugin; I was wondering if there were any plans to make the plugin compatible with the After Effects Apple Silicon Beta, therefore making it compatible with the Apple Silicon Architecture.

Thank you very much.
    Hey Filippo! I think it works already. If you have apple silicon, then you can download (by pushing "TRY" button on signal store page) and test Signal plugin on your PC. Let us know if everything ok!
  • Hello, I am trying to install the signal effect to Premiere Pro 2022 and it does not work. I tried using the manager app and I followed all the steps required to importing it into Premiere Pro but I still do not have any luck. Can you help me with this? This is the most amazing plugin I have ever seen and I really would like to test it out, thank you! :)
  • Hello, I am trying to install the signal effect to Premiere Pro 2022 and it does not work. I tried using the manager app and I followed all the steps required to importing it into Premiere Pro but I still do not have any luck. Can you help me with this? This is the most amazing plugin I have ever seen and I really would like to test it out, thank you! :)

open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi, 
    I just bought signal and modulation, modulation works fine, signal doesn't – I installed both trough the aescripts plug in app.
    When I try to apply the effect through effects -> zaebects -> signal it says: invalid filter (25::3)
    I have a MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 with High Sierra installed and After Effects 2020. I tried deinstalling it and reinstalling it again, makes no difference.
    I couldn't find any solution here in the forums... one answer said: try it with an olde version/license from signal but I wouldn't know where I can download an older one. 
    Please help me out! 
    Thank you guys
  • Hi, 
    I just bought signal and modulation, modulation works fine, signal doesn't – I installed both trough the aescripts plug in app.
    When I try to apply the effect through effects -> zaebects -> signal it says: invalid filter (25::3)
    I have a MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 with High Sierra installed and After Effects 2020. I tried deinstalling it and reinstalling it again, makes no difference.
    I couldn't find any solution here in the forums... one answer said: try it with an olde version/license from signal but I wouldn't know where I can download an older one. 
    Please help me out! 
    Thank you guys
    I'm having the exact same issue. Has anyone had any luck solving this issue?
  • Hi, 
    Please help me out! 
    Thank you guys
    I'm having the exact same issue. Has anyone had any luck solving this issue?

• Signal is no longer working for me. I keep getting an error when trying to use it on AE and it doesn't even appear on PR anymore. Any solutions?
  • Signal is no longer working for me. I keep getting an error when trying to use it on AE and it doesn't even appear on PR anymore. Any solutions?
    Please open support ticket, where we can ask you for additional information!
  • Would love if you endeavored in adding GPU acceleration at some point! 
  • I’m getting a pink line at the top of the clip with the default signal settings. Can’t figure out how to get rid of it with the parameters. Happens in both after effects and premiere. Any tips ?
  • John Rav said:
    I’m getting a pink line at the top of the clip with the default signal settings. Can’t figure out how to get rid of it with the parameters. Happens in both after effects and premiere. Any tips ?

• Is there a way to turn off the baseline blur that is on when the effect is added?  This is separate from the sharpness parameter 
  • before buying I'd like to know if this effect going to be updated for multi frame rendering? because I get a warning from AE that it doesn't support it and can slow down previews and rendering.
  • before buying I'd like to know if this effect going to be updated for multi frame rendering? because I get a warning from AE that it doesn't support it and can slow down previews and rendering.
    Hello! No, we do not plan to make multi frame rendering. Signal plugin works fast without it.
  • Is there a way to turn off the baseline blur that is on when the effect is added?  This is separate from the sharpness parameter 
    Hi! Yes, you can go to "Experimental parameters" menu and turn Scanlines blur to 0. Default value is 1.5.
  • I keep getting this error when trying to import the preset in PP,  anyone know whats going on? 
    "The requested files) could not be imported."
  • Any chance of a MFR update? Please? :D
  • Hey! Does this work with Apple Silicon (m1)? Thank you!