• hi, when I want to set up a Grid, I selected a precomp, and click "Rig row ", and then I also try the shape , I still get the error:" After effect error: attempt to get a value from a time stream with no key values". Could you please tell me , Did I miss something? T_T
  • Mint Shel said:
    hi, when I want to set up a Grid, I selected a precomp, and click "Rig row ", and then I also try the shape , I still get the error:" After effect error: attempt to get a value from a time stream with no key values". Could you please tell me , Did I miss something? T_T

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• After Effect CC2020 crash when i open the script.
    I placed the script in the correct folder, and restart but don't work :(
  • After Effect CC2020 crash when i open the script.
    I placed the script in the correct folder, and restart but don't work :(

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• hi there, this asked me which expression engine I wanted to use, Javascript or the legacy extendscript, which one should I be using?
  • hi there, this asked me which expression engine I wanted to use, Javascript or the legacy extendscript, which one should I be using?
    As the message says, the new engine will run faster! I'd suggest switching to it.
  • Any way tog et this working on CS6? Thanks
    Hi Chris! Absolutely not. CC 2014 (which is already 7 years old at the time of this comment) is the oldest version we'll support.
  • I'm trying out the trial version using AE CC 2019. After I click rig row, nothing happens? I followed the tutorial and I can't any changes.

• I'm trying out the trial version using AE CC 2019. After I click rig row, nothing happens? I followed the tutorial and I can't any changes.

Hi Chris! Absolutely not. CC 2014 (which is already 7 years old at the time of this comment) is the oldest version we'll support.
    No trouble at all. I use a few of your other tools which work on CS6 so thought you may be able to keep supporting back like a few other devs. Out of curiosity is it a technical limitation? Or just having a cut off? I mean if I was released as likly working but unsupported with CS6 i think a few could live with that as an option just made clear etc. If you did ever want to support CS6 I Beta for a few other teams that continue to support CS6 so would be happy to help. Thanks
  • Hi, the Create Matte button and what it does is not making clear sense what it is doing. I am trying to have image and videos use the flex layers as track mattes, but it is making a locked flex matte layer that I don't know how to use. Would I just manually do the track mattes, instead of using this button?
    Hi! The situation you've described is exactly what the mattes are for.

The locked matte shape layers are used as track mattes for the layers you're rigging. Change the Flex Method of your rigged layers, and you should see some success.
  • No trouble at all. I use a few of your other tools which work on CS6 so thought you may be able to keep supporting back like a few other devs. Out of curiosity is it a technical limitation? Or just having a cut off? I mean if I was released as likly working but unsupported with CS6 i think a few could live with that as an option just made clear etc. If you did ever want to support CS6 I Beta for a few other teams that continue to support CS6 so would be happy to help. Thanks
    Same here.  Would be more than happy to beta if it would help to get a CS6 version.
  • Tim K K said:
    Same here.  Would be more than happy to beta if it would help to get a CS6 version.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm! As mentioned, this will never happen.
  • Really love the script, thank you, a real time saver!

One question though; How do I go about with columns that I want to rig that are a little rotated. I tried a couple of things but can't get it to work. 

• One question though; How do I go about with columns that I want to rig that are a little rotated. I tried a couple of things but can't get it to work. 

Right now grid rotation isn't officially supported, so I'd suggest you precomp and rotate the comp for simplicity. There are workarounds but it gets weird.
  • Hi Zack!
    I love the script. I only have a problem, when I do a manual rig on the object the expressions in scale and position are not created, only the flex fx is created. To solve it I had to copy the expressions of these properties from other rigs.
    But I think this is not the most efficient, because all expressions should be created when clicking the manual rig button

• I only have a problem, when I do a manual rig on the object the expressions in scale and position are not created, only the flex fx is created.
    Sounds like something's broken. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Anyone else having problems when using it in After Effects 2021?
    I have allowed scripts to write files but still getting "Access is denied"
  • Anyone else having problems when using it in After Effects 2021?
    I have allowed scripts to write files but still getting "Access is denied"
    Hi Ricardo! Like every third comment here says:

• Will it work in CS6?
  • Will it work in CS6?
    No, and it never will.
  • Would it be possible to have different alignments in the line rig (top/center/bottom).  Cool tool!

• Would it be possible to have different alignments in the line rig (top/center/bottom).  Cool tool!
    Great suggestion! This has come up before and it's on my wishlist of features to add at some point.

Great suggestion! This has come up before and it's on my wishlist of features to add at some point.

Awesome! If it were based on some value that you could animate, it would make the line rig go ka-boom in a good way. Imagine how flexible there line rig would become. Pun intended.
  • Hi - love the tool. Is there a way to customise the layer stacking order, or is it generated automatically every time? I'd like to create a pretty specific line of shapes.
  • Hi - love the tool. Is there a way to customise the layer stacking order, or is it generated automatically every time? I'd like to create a pretty specific line of shapes.
    Flex uses the order of the layers, so you can just rearrange them before rigging.
  • doesn't work on CC19.... the part with "grid" option doesn't work the expression has an error and doesn't apply how i do to have back my money pfff. Doesn't work on CC20 rig line doesn't appear in this mode... you cannot download previous version... that's a **** plugin 
  • Doesn't work on CC 21 too..... the rig line option doesn't appear well done to have done a ***** plugin like this... i will ask a refund
  • Doesn't work on CC 21 too..... the rig line option doesn't appear well done to have done a ***** plugin like this... i will ask a refund
    Hi Kenan! Thanks for your input!

This works perfectly well on CC19 and CC21. The interface changed a little bit, as mentioned in the docs and changelog– though you could always just try using it and see this yourself :)

If you're having a technical or customer support ticket,please open a support ticket instead and we can try to help.
  • love this plugin! i've been animating manually since forever.

right now, it's perfect for sharp corners. i'm curious in future updates if it's possible to have consistent rounded corners? maybe i overlooked the tutorials but i can't figure this out. though i'm animating some track mattes as a workaround but it still saves me some time :)
  • love this plugin! i've been animating manually since forever.

right now, it's perfect for sharp corners. i'm curious in future updates if it's possible to have consistent rounded corners? maybe i overlooked the tutorials but i can't figure this out. though i'm animating some track mattes as a workaround but it still saves me some time :)
    Hi Christina, thanks for the kind words!

After the tutorials were recorded, I added a feature to give round corners when you've built your rig with mattes enabled. That'll be in v1.1.0, released Aug 19, 2021.

Create your rig with mattes enabled, and then you can adjust the corner radius of those mattes from the central controller. If this isn't doing the trick, please open a support ticket and I can see about other workflows!
  • Hello. Thank you for an amazing tool.
    It seems that there is a bug when I'm trying to switch expression language back to Legacy ExtendScript. Even if I do it manually in the AE settings, Flex creates new layers with JavaScript. It also won't stop notifying me about the importance of changing the expression language back to JavaScript everytime I do something with it. Currently i'm not able to create backwards compatible projects because of this problem, I hope a fix is possible. Thank you! 

Also,
    I've tried to delete the script to reset settings but this didn't help.  
    Using AE 2020 17.1.0
  • Hello. Thank you for an amazing tool.
    It seems that there is a bug when I'm trying to switch expression language back to Legacy ExtendScript.

• Hi, I downloaded the trial  before buying it and I get an error when I try to rig a column: exprression disabled. error line 1 property position of layer 4 in comp effect layer parameter is set to none, can't it use it.
    I really want to buy and use this script, but I don't know how to solve this problem.
    Thanks! :)
  • Hello
    does Flex work on the French version of AE ?
    Thanks
  • Phil Phil said:
    Hello
    does Flex work on the French version of AE ?
    Thanks
    Flex doesn't discriminate between languages. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hello, will Flex be updated to work on M1 macs (AE beta?) Thanks!
  • Hello, will Flex be updated to work on M1 macs (AE beta?) Thanks!
    I'd assume it should work out of the box, but if you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hey Zack! Is there any way to decouple/delink the stroke thickness of a shape layer from the actual stretching/scaling in Flex? Trying to maintain the same stroke thickness while having the 'Method' set to 'Stretch'. There's one way I found to be working: by using a Stroke via Layer Styles… but I thought there might be a cleaner/nicer way to handle this.
  • Hey Zack! Is there any way to decouple/delink the stroke thickness of a shape layer from the actual stretching/scaling in Flex? Trying to maintain the same stroke thickness while having the 'Method' set to 'Stretch'. There's one way I found to be working: by using a Stroke via Layer Styles… but I thought there might be a cleaner/nicer way to handle this.
    No, because strokes are a single value and scale operates in X and Y– until we get to a point in which you can have separate horizontal and vertical strokes, this won't be feasible.

An alternative workaround may be to copy and paste the Flex expressions into a shape group's internal scale and apply the stroke afterward, though this may mess with other Flex operations.
  • Hello Zack! Really love this tool!
    Im working with type layers in a project and certain words are rotated 90 degrees. Im trying to stretch does word with the column controllers but
    it seems to mix up the x/y scaling. Is there a work around to fix this without needing to precompose those layers?

Thanks!
  • LWZ Gesbr said:
    Im working with type layers in a project and certain words are rotated 90 degrees. Im trying to stretch does word with the column controllers but
    it seems to mix up the x/y scaling. Is there a work around to fix this without needing to precompose those layers?
    Not doable at the moment, unfortunately! But will make a note to look into this more.
  • I don't think it is possible to have evenly rounded corners (keeping 1:1 aspect ratio of the corners) of a rectangle shape that stretches. But an option to have flex setting size of rectangle instead of layer scale would be nice. Also, the stroke wouldn't be scaling when stretching.
  • I don't think it is possible to have evenly rounded corners (keeping 1:1 aspect ratio of the corners) of a rectangle shape that stretches. But an option to have flex setting size of rectangle instead of layer scale would be nice. Also, the stroke wouldn't be scaling when stretching.
    Enable matting mode, then just use the mattes instead of your layers. Perfectly round corners, strokes work evenly, etc.
  • Love this plugin!

Would it be possible to add drop shadows to the grid items (when there's a gutter between them)?

Also, would it be possible to do a manual position pixel adjustment of the grid items so you can move them around if they're not quite displaying the way you want?

Thanks,
    Cyan
  • Would it be possible to add drop shadows to the grid items (when there's a gutter between them)?

Also, would it be possible to do a manual position pixel adjustment of the grid items so you can move them around if they're not quite displaying the way you want?
    Sure, you can certainly add a drop shadow to your layers.
    & you can also move the grid controllers to adjust the position of the layers.
  • Cool tool! Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow aligning the layer to one of the edges. Now layers aligned to the center, which is what you would most possibly want. But being able to use "fit width" and at the same time align it to top for an example would be cool.
  • Hi are you able to have rounded corners in grid mode with margins? Thanks

• Cool tool! Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow aligning the layer to one of the edges. Now layers aligned to the center, which is what you would most possibly want. But being able to use "fit width" and at the same time align it to top for an example would be cool.
    Handy idea, thanks!