• imageReTrack 2

It's a motion-tracking engine and editor. Use together all types of AE tracked data and re-track difficult shots precisely with selections. Rebuild partial tracked data. Adjust bad tracking by working above tracked keyframes.

https://aescripts.com/retrack/

• I purchased Retrack 1 three weeks ago without knowing the arrival of version two. Wouldn*t it be nice to upgrade the last buyers to version two for free? Or at least a little cheaper than 20 Bucks?
  • This script looks really nice and offers the much needed Uberkey functionality that is missing in AFX.
    Would it also be possible to add additional corner pin effects as an option? I really like the RG Corner Pin from Red Giant as it offers quite a few additional tweaking options. But there are a lot more out there like once from Boris or the Bezier Warp or Card Dance...
  • Marco Sanasi, I agree with Markus Freitag. No customer purchases products from this site knowing vendors will release the next version within a few weeks of the original product launch.

However, this matter isn't just about vendor's using better business etiquette with customers. Charging $20 (currently $26.00 AUD) for an upgrade so soon after the initial product release seems opportunistic. Vendor's such as Christopher Vranos understand the importance of customer loyalty. It's regretful that his encouragement of customers and lack of mean spirit isn't emulated by more vendors on this site.
  • Marco Sanasi, I agree with Markus Freitag. No customer purchases products from this site knowing vendors will release the next version within a few weeks of the original product launch.

However, this matter isn't just about vendor's using better business etiquette with customers. Charging $20 (currently $26.00 AUD) for an upgrade so soon after the initial product release seems opportunistic. Vendor's such as Christopher Vranos understand the importance of customer loyalty. It's regretful that his encouragement of customers and lack of mean spirit isn't emulated by more vendors on this site.
    v1 was released a year ago not last week and this new version is priced higher than v1 due to the much larger and improved feature set. The upgrade price is just the price difference so you are not losing anything from having just purchased v1 but since you are still within the refund window you can also open a support ticket and request a refund and then you can just buy v2 at the normal price. Up to you :)

I think the issue of buying something just before the 2nd version comes out is something that cant be avoided. Although it's in the hand of Marco on how this kind of things will be solved when customer makes a contact. 

As a tool ReTrack is something that has no comparison, a must have if you work with tracking, masks etc.

This is just my opinion, but I like when developers come up with new versions and have good pace. I'm going to upgrade to ReTrack 2 myself and I'm happy to support Marco by doing so. I also see your point in this and can understand the frustration. The reason why I commented here :) is to say that there are customers who are happy to see new versions arrive with a good pace! 
  • Morning, I just purchased the upgrade from V1 to V2 and added my license in. However, when I render, the corner pin comp that Retrack makes leaves a white stroked null looking object in the center of my screen when I render. Any idea why that would be?
  • Morning, I just purchased the upgrade from V1 to V2 and added my license in. However, when I render, the corner pin comp that Retrack makes leaves a white stroked null looking object in the center of my screen when I render. Any idea why that would be?
    Hi JD,
    I just checked, and the script does not generate any white null. Please open a support ticket if you are still in trouble. I'll look into it.

Cheers
  • Is there any chance that we might see an performance gain in Edit Track feature in future updates? The tool is such a great help, but when I use a mask with several vertices (50 +) on 300 keyframes it becomes unuasalby and locks up AE.
  • Is there any chance that we might see an performance gain in Edit Track feature in future updates? The tool is such a great help, but when I use a mask with several vertices (50 +) on 300 keyframes it becomes unuasalby and locks up AE.
    Hi Kevin,
    I already tried to optimize masks performance in the Edit tool v2. Unfortunatly there is not much more I can do. Suggestion:

- If it's roto work, try to draw more masks with less vertices rather than 1 mask with many vertices, when possible, 

- try not to draw masks with tangents, otherwise every time you click on the set button, the tracked data must be calculated and updated 3 times: 1 for the vertices, 1 for in tangents, 1 for the out tangents.

Cheers
  • Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind. 

Kevin
  • Hi!

Can this tool re-track 3D camera tracker from a wacky footage? Happens that I work a lot with that tool in GTA Gameplay and it gets really bad at the point where It doesn't even track. But there are some times where it tracks some frames, even when it's not shaky or anything, I don't know why, but it does that. So I was wondering If I could re-track it or something like that.

Thanks a lot in advance for replying
  • Hi!

Can this tool re-track 3D camera tracker from a wacky footage? Happens that I work a lot with that tool in GTA Gameplay and it gets really bad at the point where It doesn't even track. But there are some times where it tracks some frames, even when it's not shaky or anything, I don't know why, but it does that. So I was wondering If I could re-track it or something like that.

Thanks a lot in advance for replying
    Hi Franz
    the tool can re-track any data the 3D camera tracker can generate. You can try it yourself, here there is the 3D camera workflow https://youtu.be/-q-ZTnF1_ww?t=412

I suppose recording gta sessions? If the answer is yes, i also suppose the main character is always at the center of the screen. To get good 3D camera tracking data, you should mask the character out and precompose first, then apply the camera tracking effect. When it's done, enter the precomp, and delete the mask. Here the example: https://youtu.be/-q-ZTnF1_ww?t=1131

Cheers
    Marco

• What would be amazing would be if ReTrack could calculate camera solve based on 2D point clouds (perhaps so that the user would need to define which points form a singular plane/face). If ReTrack could calculate camera solve / 3D objects it would make this tool insane. If V3 would have something like this, it would be insane. Although as it is this is a must have tool IMO for anyone working with masks/tracking. The ability to create virtual keyframes on top of already animated mask is a a game changing feature when it comes to roto etc.
  • What would be amazing would be if ReTrack could calculate camera solve based on 2D point clouds (perhaps so that the user would need to define which points form a singular plane/face). If ReTrack could calculate camera solve / 3D objects it would make this tool insane. If V3 would have something like this, it would be insane. Although as it is this is a must have tool IMO for anyone working with masks/tracking. The ability to create virtual keyframes on top of already animated mask is a a game changing feature when it comes to roto etc.
    Now thats an interesting idea! being able too feed a camera solver the exact points you wanted it to see inside after effects would be very powerful and the OPPOSITE of what the AE camera tracker is like (Grabs a mass of tracking data both good and bad and wont let you purge all the bad stuff to focus on the good ones easily) I have no idea how complicated the code for a camera solver is but they have been around for a while so I can't imagine it's a huge undertaking to write/adapt one? happy to be wrong though. I have pondered buying synth eyes because I find the AE tracker so unreliable beyond really easy shots but to have a kind of hybrid solution like you describe utilising retrack could be very powerful and adaptable.