• Hi there,
    Still love your plugin! Saves me hours of time.
    I just started using the 2.97 in AE 2021. I'm getting an issue where I scrub to a point in my video, say at 38 sec. I then click the plus icon to add a a new subtitle line. It puts the new subtitle at position 35 sec. instead of the position of 38 sec where the cursor is.
    Also I'm unable to go through and make markers for the whole video and then apply them to the timeline. If I do it starts at the beginning and puts each marker 1 sec ahead of the next so I have to go and manually move the markers down the timeline.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Hi there,
    Still love your plugin! Saves me hours of time.
    I just started using the 2.97 in AE 2021. I'm getting an issue where I scrub to a point in my video, say at 38 sec. I then click the plus icon to add a a new subtitle line. It puts the new subtitle at position 35 sec. instead of the position of 38 sec where the cursor is.
    Also I'm unable to go through and make markers for the whole video and then apply them to the timeline. If I do it starts at the beginning and puts each marker 1 sec ahead of the next so I have to go and manually move the markers down the timeline.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Steve,

I got it, We added a feature while ago that can really help you with this situation. In the left side of the table there is a sidebar menu, In the handy tools section there is an option named "Indicator time reader". You can set it on and whenever you add a new row(subtitle), subtitle pro reads the time indicator of your current comp and adds the sentence same time of indicator in the table.
     Hope it helps you :).

Regards,
    David
  • Ah! that's what I missed!!
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Your plugin is absolutely essential in my toolbox!

Steve
  • Something's up with the update, at least in Premiere Pro. The first subtitle lines up properly and the others start drifting and get cut short. It looks like the actual timestamps don't line up with the timestamp in the composition. After trying to edit them manually and reapplying the subtitles, it'll only generate two subtitles and the others are nowhere to be found.

Running Windows 10 and the latest version of Premiere.
  • Something's up with the update, at least in Premiere Pro. The first subtitle lines up properly and the others start drifting and get cut short. It looks like the actual timestamps don't line up with the timestamp in the composition. After trying to edit them manually and reapplying the subtitles, it'll only generate two subtitles and the others are nowhere to be found.

Running Windows 10 and the latest version of Premiere.
    Hi Omar,

Would you please open a support ticket and share the SRT file that with us? Then we can help you immediately.

Regards,
    David
  • Hi !
    I bought the fantastic plugin, but I have a little problem. Is it possible to have a fixed block height? It's a very bad aesthetic with different height sizes with "One things" and "One city". Thank you so much !

• Hi !
    I bought the fantastic plugin, but I have a little problem. Is it possible to have a fixed block height? It's a very bad aesthetic with different height sizes with "One things" and "One city". Thank you so much !
    Hi Mathias,

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Subtitle pro. They have the same height if you apply them on a template for example Classic 01. I just checked it and they both are the same in any font sizes. 

Regards,
    David
  • How can I sync subtitles to frame? 
  • How can I sync subtitles to frame? 
    Hi Kavern,

Its pretty simple. You can set the exact time in subtitle pro with this format (hh:mm:ss) and also you can add milli-seconds by adding a dot for example: 00:10:2.45 and then subtitle pro finds the exact frame and places your marker there. However after you clicked on apply button you can arrange each marker manually in aftereffects and then use the left side menu of subtitle pro to Sync Subtitles in plugin with your changes in aftereffects or wise versa. Please open a support ticket and let us know if you have any questions:).

Regards,
    David
  • Been using Subtitle Pro for several months now, and can confirm that it's a game changer. The controls are intuitive, it's easy to customize subtitle animation and appearance, and the process is much faster than manually using text. The plugin has easily saved me tens of hours—well worth the investment.
  • Been using Subtitle Pro for several months now, and can confirm that it's a game changer. The controls are intuitive, it's easy to customize subtitle animation and appearance, and the process is much faster than manually using text. The plugin has easily saved me tens of hours—well worth the investment.
    Thanks Cyan, You are awesome!
  • Can you highlight/bold single words within a sentence using this tool?
  • Can you highlight/bold single words within a sentence using this tool?
    Hi There,
    Since Subtitle pro works with marker you cant highlight single words.

Regards,
    David
  • Newbie to Subtitle Pro so I may be missing something obvious? So how do I get my subtitles back into Subtitle Pro window to re-edit them after closing the project? The Subtitle Pro window just shows the last subtitle text I did with Subtitle Pro? Thank you
  • Hello,
    I don't know why but this Plugin doesn't seems to work propery either with AE or Premiere Pro for me.
    In After Effects I can't use it in my existing file - I have to open the new file - empty, add my text and then it is kind of working, After that I have to import this new one file  to my final original file as an extra composition. Annoying but that's my way around it.

But now I tried in Premiere Pro - I click apply and nothing is happening. I tried the trick with the empty file and no luck at all. it only create .srt I double Clicked and new layer called Subtitles showed up at the top of all layers, but without markers and I can't apply any style like in After Effects. It is just simple text - it doesnt look like it should be (I watched tutorial online to see exactly what should be happening).

Both apps are up to date - 2021. I am on Mac OS 11.2.3
    I am adding my own text manually form word document and I am trying to match it to VO so I am not importing anything.
    Thank you!

• Newbie to Subtitle Pro so I may be missing something obvious? So how do I get my subtitles back into Subtitle Pro window to re-edit them after closing the project? The Subtitle Pro window just shows the last subtitle text I did with Subtitle Pro? Thank you
    Hi Richard,
    in the right side menu of subtitle pro there is an option called Sync, You can fetch all markers from AE to Subtitle pro or vise versa. Please open a support ticket if you need more help:)

Regards,
    David
  • Hello,
    I don't know why but this Plugin doesn't seems to work propery either with AE or Premiere Pro for me.
    In After Effects I can't use it in my existing file - I have to open the new file - empty, add my text and then it is kind of working, After that I have to import this new one file  to my final original file as an extra composition. Annoying but that's my way around it.

But now I tried in Premiere Pro - I click apply and nothing is happening. I tried the trick with the empty file and no luck at all. it only create .srt I double Clicked and new layer called Subtitles showed up at the top of all layers, but without markers and I can't apply any style like in After Effects. It is just simple text - it doesnt look like it should be (I watched tutorial online to see exactly what should be happening).

Both apps are up to date - 2021. I am on Mac OS 11.2.3
    I am adding my own text manually form word document and I am trying to match it to VO so I am not importing anything.
    Thank you!

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your feedback,
    First about AE version, Any time you update a subtitle in Subtitle pro or in aftereffects (edit a marker or add new one) you can use the SYNC feature instead of applying again. You can find the Sync button in Left side menu. 
    And about the premier version, if you are familiar with subtitles in premier pro, when subtitle pro imports the subtitle premier pro, you can simply just add that in a sequence and edit or add new markers. 
    Please open a support ticket if you need more clear help.

Regards,
    David
  • Just bought this, using it now and the plugin doesn't start a subtitle on the frame I tell it to, it always starts it about 11-12 frames before. I copy and paste the timecode from where I want to start into the plugin window and it never starts on the right frame but will always end on the correct frame. So for each subtitle I have to manually correct the start point of each one using the markers.

Also, every time I sync the subtitles it turns off my ability to use a key command (such as spacebar) to playback. I have to click the playback button to get it to preview and the only solution for this is to restart AE. 

It's easier and faster to manually make my own subtitles due to these issues.
  • Hi,

Please open a ticket and send your .srt file we can check it.
    Just bought this, using it now and the plugin doesn't start a subtitle on the frame I tell it to, it always starts it about 11-12 frames before. I copy and paste the timecode from where I want to start into the plugin window and it never starts on the right frame but will always end on the correct frame. So for each subtitle I have to manually correct the start point of each one using the markers.

Also, every time I sync the subtitles it turns off my ability to use a key command (such as spacebar) to playback. I have to click the playback button to get it to preview and the only solution for this is to restart AE. 

It's easier and faster to manually make my own subtitles due to these issues.

• Does this not work on macOS Monterey with Apple Silicon? Mine isn't opening. Just a black window. (p.s. I'm also using After Effects v22)
  • Hi, 

Please open a ticket for more detail. we can answer you ASAP
    Does this not work on macOS Monterey with Apple Silicon? Mine isn't opening. Just a black window. (p.s. I'm also using After Effects v22)

• Good day, 
    I have a couple of questions about your product, first I want to tell you that it looks wonderful. 
    Is it possible to change parts of the font color.
    How does it work with projects in 1080*1080 and 1080*1920 resolution.
    Thanks.
  • Hi,
    Thank you so much. It works on any size and resolutions. You can change the fonts and colors. but not parts of the text line.
    Good day, 
    I have a couple of questions about your product, first I want to tell you that it looks wonderful. 
    Is it possible to change parts of the font color.
    How does it work with projects in 1080*1080 and 1080*1920 resolution.
    Thanks.

• Hi Subtitle Pro team,

I've just purchased the license. I just want to know if the plugin could adjust the appearing duration for the Minimal 1 animation template or not. I want to adjust that to sync with the voice-over. Thank you!
  • Hi

can you please open a ticket and and give us more details? you can move the markers and synce them to your voice over or use the durations time in our extension. but please make a screen record and send ticket us. best regards david
    Quang Vu said:
    Hi Subtitle Pro team,

I've just purchased the license. I just want to know if the plugin could adjust the appearing duration for the Minimal 1 animation template or not. I want to adjust that to sync with the voice-over. Thank you!

• Is there a comprehensive guide on the text formatting?
    Such as adding superscript, supscript, italics, bolds etc?
  • Hi,

You can use the bold and italics mode, Also you have the free trial download. please download and work with it. if you had any qustion please send ticket to us,
    Best reagrds
    David

Bryan Lee said:
    Is there a comprehensive guide on the text formatting?
    Such as adding superscript, supscript, italics, bolds etc?

• Hi,

we have to create subtitles to a very weird corporate spec. Our one liners have to be centered in the middle of what a two liner would be.

Is this possible to do with Subtitles Pro? Using the trial I can´t seem to find a way to get it to do this. If I move the two liners to the correct position, the one liner will be too high or too low and there´s no option to align that one liner to the center (on the y axis)
  • Hi David. Like Stefan below, I would like it is this plugin had the ability to have Center y Axis for any amount of lines.
    In the past on a basic function when needed, I just used under Anchor point of text layer:
    s=sourceRectAtTime();[0,s.top+s.height/2]+value
    I believe incorporating this into your code would resolve the issue, and you could even add in a new checker in settings to have this on or off depending on people's needs.
  • Hi,

we have to create subtitles to a very weird corporate spec. Our one liners have to be centered in the middle of what a two liner would be.

Is this possible to do with Subtitles Pro? Using the trial I can´t seem to find a way to get it to do this. If I move the two liners to the correct position, the one liner will be too high or too low and there´s no option to align that one liner to the center (on the y axis)
    Hi Stefan,

Please open  a support ticket and show me some example, I will make a custom template for you that fits your need:)

Regards,
    David
  • Hi David. Like Stefan below, I would like it is this plugin had the ability to have Center y Axis for any amount of lines.
    In the past on a basic function when needed, I just used under Anchor point of text layer:
    s=sourceRectAtTime();[0,s.top+s.height/2]+value
    I believe incorporating this into your code would resolve the issue, and you could even add in a new checker in settings to have this on or off depending on people's needs.
    Hi Craig,

Actually, Anchor point of all subtitles are at the end of them vertically. Its still possible yo move the anchor point to the middle and let users decides what to do, But Most of common video players such as KMPlayer works just like subtitle pro.
    Please open a support ticket and i will help you to customize a template that works for you.

Regards,
    David
  • Hi, Is there any expression to bold inline text manually. I mean, if we set this expression "Cat is Jumping" in source text of the layer. Then what/who expression is used to bold one word or few words?
  • Hi, Is there any expression to bold inline text manually. I mean, if we set this expression "Cat is Jumping" in source text of the layer. Then what/who expression is used to bold one word or few words?
    Hi Azhar,
    I don't think so there is an easy way to do that. Please open a support ticket and let me know more, I can make a customized template if possible for you.

Regards,
    David
  • Hello.thank you for develop this plug-in,
    a little suggest.
    Could you develop a function for srt file to PR Essential Graphics and directly apply to timeline ?
    because now pr 2022 have a subtitle track ,but only one display the same time.

• Hey!!.. Thanks for the info. It was quite nice.

Useful would be to allow the anchor point of the captions to be centre aligned when switching between different rows number.

• How can I format text? Make some lines bold, some italic, etc?
  • How can I format text? Make some lines bold, some italic, etc?
    Hi Sasha,
    Yes you can, Some of templates support line customization, Please use classic 02. In the layer list you can see the different Text layers for each lane. You can simply change any line style.

Regards,
    David
  • Hello.thank you for develop this plug-in,
    a little suggest.
    Could you develop a function for srt file to PR Essential Graphics and directly apply to timeline ?
    because now pr 2022 have a subtitle track ,but only one display the same time.

Hi Latop,
    Its a nice idea, but as far as we know premiere has some limitation about the number of MOGRTs that we can use in each project. I will check it again.

Regards,
    David
  • Hi David,

Does this work in AE2022?

Thanks in advance.

- Jouri.
  • Hi Jouri,
    Yes it work
    Hi David,

Does this work in AE2022?

Thanks in advance.

- Jouri.

• Hadn't done some video editing in awhile and finally decided to install this today.

This seems like all the best features are for after effects and not Premiere. 
    Clicking "apply" also doesn't seem to add the caption track manually anymore in premiere 2022 like it did in the sample video. 

I also wish moving the subtitles manually by dragging in the timeline also corrected the captions timing in subtitle pro, but it doesn't seem to do that. Luckily premiere will update it, but that update doesn't feed back into subtitle pro it seems.

Pretty disappointed as it doesn't seem of much use to me for premiere pro. Everything I pretty much need is now in premiere pro for subtitles :/
  • Hadn't done some video editing in awhile and finally decided to install this today.

This seems like all the best features are for after effects and not Premiere. 
    Clicking "apply" also doesn't seem to add the caption track manually anymore in premiere 2022 like it did in the sample video. 

I also wish moving the subtitles manually by dragging in the timeline also corrected the captions timing in subtitle pro, but it doesn't seem to do that. Luckily premiere will update it, but that update doesn't feed back into subtitle pro it seems.

Pretty disappointed as it doesn't seem of much use to me for premiere pro. Everything I pretty much need is now in premiere pro for subtitles :/
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your review. I couldn't get you well. Do you mean subtitle pro doesnt work on premiere pro? If so please open a support ticket. 
    We have been working on an update that replaces captions with MOGRTs for premiere pro. There are some limitation in premiere pro. if we could solve them we will have an update soon.

Regards,
    David 
  • I used this app in Premiere Pro before, but this plugin no longer functions on 2022 versions of Adobe Premier Pro, personally. It would be great if it was made functional again, as I really enjoyed using it.
  • Hi David,
    the subtitle pro works on all premiere pro 2022 updates.
    please open a ticket we can check it for you
    I used this app in Premiere Pro before, but this plugin no longer functions on 2022 versions of Adobe Premier Pro, personally. It would be great if it was made functional again, as I really enjoyed using it.

• I love how fast and easy this plugin is to use, but I want to create my own animation template. The plugin says "or make your own animation style, it is simple and easy", which seems to say you can create your own template, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation about how to do this. I have a client who wants me to create subtitles which are left justified or right justified, but the existing templates are all center justified, and trying to change the paragraph settings after the subtitles are created doesn't change the text position.
  • I have created a support ticket for this.
  • Many thanks to David for his wonderful help. This is definitely one of the best plugins I've ever purchased. I am delighted with it.
  • Many thanks to David for his wonderful help. This is definitely one of the best plugins I've ever purchased. I am delighted with it.
    Your welcome Jonathan,
    Hope your client will be satisfied. In the future updates we will make template customization easier than before.

Regards,
    David
  • hi,
    seems that latest one does not working on
    AE 22.5.x
  • Hi,

I've used Subtitle Pro before and it was working well. But now it's not working. Is the issue with the latest AE version, the latest version of Subtitle Pro or a combination of both?

I'm using it as before, but after I hit the Apply button nothing happens.

Has anyone look into this issue? It would be great if there is a quick fix/workaround.

Many thanks,
    Oana