Clips Exporter
  • This is fantastic! My only suggestion is to add timecode or frame count to the filename. So if my clip is located at 00:00:24:17 on the timeline... the filename would be 00002417 or something like that.
  • This is fantastic! My only suggestion is to add timecode or frame count to the filename. So if my clip is located at 00:00:24:17 on the timeline... the filename would be 00002417 or something like that.
    Hi Peter

Thanks for the feedback.
    We are glad to hear you like the extension.

We will add both options you mentioned to our next release.
    So you will be able to either use:

Clip Start: Timecode Number - 00002417

Clip Start: Frames - 00000617 (as an example this would be the value in frames for a 25fps sequence)

As an extra we will also add:
    Clip Start: Timecode - 00-00-24-17

We aim to have the next release out next week.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Henrique \\ TMMW

• This looks great! Question: Does it export the effects assigned to each individual clips?

Thanks!
  • Ken Joy said:
    This looks great! Question: Does it export the effects assigned to each individual clips?

Thanks!

Hi Ken
    Yes. It exports the clips directly from the sequence with all effects and transformations applied.
    We hope you enjoy it!
    Henrique \\ TMMW
  • How is it working on OS X Big Sur?
  • How is it working on OS X Big Sur?
    Hi Glen

We did some early tests in Catalina and it was running properly.
    Unfortunately no tests in Big Sur yet.
    What I would suggest is that you download the trial and if you have 
    any issues you can let me know and we will look into them.
    The trial is a fully functional version.

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • This is such a killer plug in! My one request for a future update is to be able to export clips with handles (if that's even possible). Thank you!
  • I discovered a weird bug on my 119.88 fps sequence... if BOTH the start and end points of the clip you want to export ends with a frame number 0 or 5, then it'll export from the sequence at a different location than what you want.

For example...

If the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 164060-164225... then Clip Explorer will export at 16406-16422 (notice it basically drops the last digit)
    If the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 219695-220065... then Clip Explorer will export at 21969-22006.

A special case is if both the in-out points frame numbers end in 0... then it drops the last 2 digits from the in point and 1 digit from the out point.
    So in this case... if the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 218390-218520... then Clip Explorer will export at 02183-21852.

This doesn't seem to happen if my squence is 23.976 fps... only happens on 119.88 fps sequences (that I found so far)

Could you please fix this or give me your email so I can send you more information. Thanks.

• I discovered a weird bug... if BOTH the start and end points of the clip you want to export ends with a frame number 0 or 5, then it'll export from the sequence at a different location than what you want.

For example...

If the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 164060-164225... then Clip Explorer will export at 16406-16422 (notice it basically drops the last digit)
    If the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 219695-220065... then Clip Explorer will export at 21969-22006.

A special case is if both the in-out points frame numbers end in 0... then it drops the last 2 digits from the in point and 1 digit from the out point.
    So in this case... if the in-out point of the clip you want are at frames 218390-218520... then Clip Explorer will export at 02183-21852.

Could you please fix this or give me your email so I can send you more information. Thanks.

Hi Peter

I've tried quickly to reproduce the first case you mentioned, in-out 164060-164225 but got a proper export from Clips Exporter.
    Are you able to send us a simplified version of this project that we can use to reproduce the bug?
    If not, could you let us know the sequence frame rate and the clip frame rate so we try to narrow it down.

If you'd like to send something directly:
    themachinemustworkATgmailDOTcom

Many thanks for reporting it!

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • I discovered a weird bug on my 119.88 fps sequence... if BOTH the start and end points of the clip you want to export ends with a frame number 0 or 5, then it'll export from the sequence at a different location than what you want.

For example...

This doesn't seem to happen if my squence is 23.976 fps... only happens on 119.88 fps sequences (that I found so far)

Hi Peter

We have fixed the bug in the latest release v1.1.1.
    Thank you again for reporting and the additional information.

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • nothing works for me any help can be very much apreciated. doesnt apear on premiere (windows-extensions-????) even after installing it manually with proper proceedures from the included pdf.   Premiere pro cc 2019 win10
  • nothing works for me any help can be very much apreciated. doesnt apear on premiere (windows-extensions-????) even after installing it manually with proper proceedures from the included pdf.   Premiere pro cc 2019 win10
    Hi bhekumuzi joe Nkosil

Clips Exporter supports Premiere 2020 and 2021.
    That's the reason it's not showing up in 2019.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • how i can remove Clip exporter? 

• how i can remove Clip exporter? 

Hi Roberto

If you installed it via the zxp installer option you can click the "Uninstall" button in the zxp installer.
    If you installed it manually you can simply delete the Clips Exporter folder.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • It doesn't work at all for me. I've installed it and can access it but it doesn't render anything. It's pretty useless to be honest!
  • Drew Kirk said:
    It doesn't work at all for me. I've installed it and can access it but it doesn't render anything. It's pretty useless to be honest!
    Hi Drew

I'm glad this was sorted with a machine restart.
    Enjoy Clips Exporter!

Henrique \\ TMMWClips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro
  • Can I export the clips I want losslessly? Which enconding preset should I choose (I want to select clips through Clips Exporter without loss of image quality)
  • Hi Woody

Clips Exporter can use any encoding preset that your Premiere Pro version supports.
    Make sure you link to your Media Encoder folder to have the same presets available.

Exporting true lossless files will get you huge file sizes.

I would recommend you check the different types of ProRes available here:

Henrique \\ TMMW
    Text Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro
  • Since installing, it asked me to register the license and since then I can't access the quick setup options.  No where can I see where to access them now.  No menu, no buttons for it.  How do I access quick setup again?
  • Since installing, it asked me to register the license and since then I can't access the quick setup options.  No where can I see where to access them now.  No menu, no buttons for it.  How do I access quick setup again?
    Hi Mike

Sorry about that. Definitely an oversight on our end.

To see the quick setup again you need to go to the
    Clips Exporter preferences, then at the bottom
    in Manage Preferences you'll need to Reset.
    This will show the Quick Setup next time you start the extension.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Henrique \\ TMMW
    Text Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro
  • Noticed the plugin stopped working and fails to show up in Premiere after updating to Premiere 2022
    Any timetable when this could be fixed as due to Premiere bugs going back to the earlier version is not possible for me.
  • Noticed the plugin stopped working and fails to show up in Premiere after updating to Premiere 2022
    Any timetable when this could be fixed as due to Premiere bugs going back to the earlier version is not possible for me.
    Hi Mikael

You are correct. The current version of Clips Exporter should not be showing up.
    A new release that enables compatibility with Premiere 2022 will be out October 31st.
    If you need it before that please send me a support ticket and I'll get you an early version that works with 2022.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • hi sir ,
    i am happy to see extension doing something like that
    but the problem still as it 
    i tried the trial version .... but when i hit export button (active sequance or selected bin ) not works
    or show error or even show popup window that i've did something wrong 
    i hope if you understand me and  fix that 
    thank you
  • kin asus said:
    hi sir ,
    i am happy to see extension doing something like that
    but the problem still as it 
    i tried the trial version .... but when i hit export button (active sequance or selected bin ) not works
    or show error or even show popup window that i've did something wrong 
    i hope if you understand me and  fix that 
    thank you

Hi Kin

Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm happy to look you to what could be causing the issue for you.

It would be great if you can open a support ticket to discuss this further
    and exchange files if needed.

Looking forward to helping you out.

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • This is a fantastic extension, but I met a problem...How can I export clips with specific luts? I want to transfer the original log videos to proxy videos with my rec.709 lut, how can I solve this?
  • koyac yao said:
    This is a fantastic extension, but I met a problem...How can I export clips with specific luts? I want to transfer the original log videos to proxy videos with my rec.709 lut, how can I solve this?
    Hi koyac yao

Add all your clips to track V1.
    Add an adjustment layer with your LUT to track V2.
    Select to export only V1.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMWText Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro

• that works, thank you!
    koyac yao said:
    This is a fantastic extension, but I met a problem...How can I export clips with specific luts? I want to transfer the original log videos to proxy videos with my rec.709 lut, how can I solve this?
    Hi koyac yao

Add all your clips to track V1.
    Add an adjustment layer with your LUT to track V2.
    Select to export only V1.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMWText Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro

• Hello! Thanks for extension. Its really helpful, but what you can recommend for me:
    I need to render ONE video that consist from some clips that combine together (i shown it on screen)
    After this render, i need to render next another video with consist from another groups of clips
    How i can release this?
    It can make with creating NEST with each groups, but there can be 100 or more groups of clips - it spend a lot of time for me
    And it may help - between these groups of clips there will be empty space (like on screen)

• Alex Alex said:
    Hello! Thanks for extension. Its really helpful, but what you ca http:// ;n recommend for me:
    I need to render ONE video that consist from some clips that combine together (i shown it on screen)
    After this render, i need to render next another video with consist from another groups of clips
    How i can release this?
    It can make with creating NEST with each groups, but there can be 100 or more groups of clips - it spend a lot of time for me

Hi Alex Alex

Unfortunately the link did not come through.

But if I understood correctly you need to export multiple clips as a single clip
    and want to avoid nesting.

The way I'd suggest, and I use quite often, is to create a track just with dummy adjustment layers that extend across the clips you need. Then you use that track to export from.
    Make sure you keep "Solo Tracks" off.

I hope this answers it.
    If not please let me know and we can dig deeper.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Alex Alex said:
    Hello! Thanks for extension. Its really helpful, but what you ca http:// ;n recommend for me:
    How i can release this?

Hi Alex Alex

Unfortunately the link did not come through.

But if I understood correctly you need to export multiple clips as a single clip
    and want to avoid nesting.

The way I'd suggest, and I use quite often, is to create a track just with dummy adjustment layers that extend across the clips you need. Then you use that track to export from.
    Make sure you keep "Solo Tracks" off.

I hope this answers it.
    If not please let me know and we can dig deeper.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
    Hahaha. This is beautifull solution ))) Thanx!!
  • Been using this for 2 months now, and oh my word... My recommendation: BUY THIS NOW. I am in no way being paid to say this I really am passionate for this product and would love to see it get the recognition it deserves.

MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST EXTENSION IN MY PREMIERE TOOLKIT!!!! Necessary for people who want premiere to run as smoothly AND seamlessly as possible, which I had it 5 years ago would've saved me hours and HHOOURS... A+++ 
  • Hi, I have PC and Mac computer with one adobe account. I have purchase and use you're extension on MAC computer and I'm very happy with. Can I install on my secondary computer(PC) and use it, like adobe, use one instance on time? Or I must buy another license?
  • Hi, I have PC and Mac computer with one adobe account. I have purchase and use you're extension on MAC computer and I'm very happy with. Can I install on my secondary computer(PC) and use it, like adobe, use one instance on time? Or I must buy another license?
    Hi Stefan

You can install on a second machine too.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Hello! Tell me please about sending to export sequences at folder
    I press at Export - Selected Bin - but i have this error *No Sequences found it selected Folder* https://disk.yandex.ru/i/oaNrjonRu4fjDA ;  - check please this screen
    Thanx for reply
  • Alex Alex said:
    Hello! Tell me please about sending to export sequences at folder
    I press at Export - Selected Bin - but i have this error *No Sequences found it selected Folder* https://disk.yandex.ru/i/oaNrjonRu4fjDA ;  - check please this screen
    Thanx for reply
    Hi Alex

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.
    Could you please open a support ticket?

This way I can better assist you and we can exchange files if needed.

Many thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • This extension works flawlessly and has already saved me so much time. Amazing work! If you edit videos for a living, and need to export individual clips for whatever reason, BUY THIS RIGHT NOW. It is a life changer, my only complaint is that I didn't buy this extension earlier. Seriously, this is the shiznet!

UPDATE: Works perfectly in all versions of premiere from 2020-2023. Still working amazing, still saving me time, and money. Great stuff Henrique!

• I just started using the Clips Exporter yesterday. As someone who has had nothing but problems with Premiere's Project Manager, this extension is an absolute game-changer.

One question: Is there a limit to how many clips can realistically be exported in one batch? I have noticed that if I try to export a large sequence all at once, it does about 40-45 clips flawlessly, then the encode fails or just stops.

(My system specs: i9 9900 with 64GB memory and Nvidia RTX Quadro 4000 GPU, running Windows 10 Pro)

Also, I second the suggestion for a feature that allows the addition of extra-frame handles. This would be a godsend when exporting for VFX and Color.
  • I just started using the Clips Exporter yesterday. As someone who has had nothing but problems with Premiere's Project Manager, this extension is an absolute game-changer.

One question: Is there a limit to how many clips can realistically be exported in one batch? I have noticed that if I try to export a large sequence all at once, it does about 40-45 clips flawlessly, then the encode fails or just stops.

(My system specs: i9 9900 with 64GB memory and Nvidia RTX Quadro 4000 GPU, running Windows 10 Pro)

Also, I second the suggestion for a feature that allows the addition of extra-frame handles. This would be a godsend when exporting for VFX and Color.

Hi Leon

Henrique here from TMMW.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying Clips Exporter.

The feature for frame handles is already present but in Beta.
    You can go to your Preferences tab and toggle "Enable Beta Features",
    you'll then have the option to choose handles in the Export tab.

The 40-45 clips issue has not been reported.
    I'm running a test here and currently passed 150 clips mark.
    It would be great if you can open a support ticket for us to exchange files
    and make sure this gets fixed for you.
    I'm also happy to do a quick call with you and make sure the settings are also fine.

Talk soon

Henrique \\ TMMW

• Hi Henrique,

Thank you for the quick and informative responses.

Today I sat down and exported over 1,000 clips, all in ProRes 422 HQ at 16-bpc, with no software problems. This was all exported straight from Premiere, with the Media Encoder (AME) option turned off.

I have had other problems recently with regular project exports freezing, but only while using Media Encoder. So I suspect that for some reason my Premiere and Media Encoder aren't getting along well. I have reinstalled both (but am still running 2022 because I am in the middle of a massive feature project). In any case, it seems obvious now that Clips Exporter is not the culprit. Thanks again for such a useful and effective product.
  • Hi, when I load preset in Presets tab, clip filters stay untoched from previous settings in Export tab, loading preset does not effect them...It would be nice to have option for renaming presets in Presets tab...
  • Du Ka said:
    Hi, when I load preset in Presets tab, clip filters stay untoched from previous settings in Export tab, loading preset does not effect them...It would be nice to have option for renaming presets in Presets tab...
    Hi Du Ka

Henrique here from TMMW.

We've tried to reproduce the behaviour you have with clip filters but couldn't.
    It would be great if you can open a support ticket so we can further help you.

I've added "Renaming presets" to our list of feature requests.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Talk soon

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Du Ka said:
    Hi, when I load preset in Presets tab, clip filters stay untoched from previous settings in Export tab, loading preset does not effect them...It would be nice to have option for renaming presets in Presets tab...
    Hi Du Ka

Henrique here from TMMW.

We've tried to reproduce the behaviour you have with clip filters but couldn't.
    It would be great if you can open a support ticket so we can further help you.

I've added "Renaming presets" to our list of feature requests.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Talk soon

Henrique \\ TMMW
    Ok, thanks
  • Hi, I have another feature request maybe...I have multiple versions of Premiere and presets created in one version do not show in another...Is there file with presets settings, that can I copy beetwen Premiere installation files?
  • Hey Henrique, 
    Thank you for Clips exporter, it's a real time saver, it's awesome!!

Will you add the possibility to export to a new custom folder? : 
    For example : c:/export/"sequence name"/
  • Trying out the trial. Does not work on premiere 2023.

The encoding presents do not show up.
  • Trying out the trial. Does not work on premiere 2023.

The encoding presents do not show up.
    Hi Rob

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
    It's likely just a setup issue or you could have found a bug.

Could you please open a support ticket so I can help you further?

Many thanks

Talk soon

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • I'm a massive fan of you bro! I absolutely love every plugin you've made WITHOUT FAIL, and would love to see a few things added to this app:

I would love to see the notification of selected clips separate from the buttons at the bottom of the plugin, as often times I'm finding myself needing to wait for it to disappear as it blocks the buttons that I love to use so much!

Would be great to see a new settings panel that shows all hotkeys for the program, like deleting presets [OR] an "X" button at the top right of each preset to delete them! - Also having an exportable / importable preferences file just like the greatest app ever (also made by you), CLIPS EXPORTER! [IT REALLY ROCKS, GREAT WORK!] - Having an exportable prefs file would make life so much easier in this app!

+ A TOOLTIPS OPTION IN THE ABOVE SUGGESTED "SETTINGS" WINDOW, for somewhat in-depth explanations of what each button does in Selector.

The "PRESET / LIVE PRESET" buttons are VERY VERY confusing, everytime I use the app I seem to forget which button I need to use for which use case, maybe change the wording, or have some subtext explaining the two options!

Hopefully an invert selection function, that doesn't default to invert only clips you have in your main timeline, as opposed to being able to invert project items in the project panel, if it would be possible!
  • Ok everyone, I've been troubleshooting this amazing program for an hour now.  Turns out you have to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR in order to get the ENCODING PRESETS menu to show up.  
  • A mac studio based on M2 processing. I encountered a bug when using the Clips Exporter plug-in. Every time I processed it, the slice transcoding of the clip was not triggered, no matter whether I used the built-in coding template of the plug-in or myself The defined epr template does not work.
  • Hi, can you link me version 1.6.0? I used to use this extension 1 year ago and the newer version does not work for me. I would like to try it with 1.6.0. Thank you!