Create Pivotal Null
  • not work when rotate has animation
  • Hey, Mike!

This script was intended to be used before animation took place, when setting up a rig; let me look into this and get back to you!
  • Same issue as mike, creates the null but doesn't parent it when rotation is animated.  Can manually parent it, but defeats the purpose of having a script do it for you.  Works fine in every other situation I've used it though.
  • Hey Christopher!

As mentioned in the reply to Mike, this is known behaviour of the script-- it's not a bug, this is working just fine & as intended.

The current version was created for use while rigging, before animation. Getting it working with rotation is something on my list, though have been unsuccessful as of yet. If I manage to get it sorted, I'll send you a direct message and let you know!

Thanks,

Zack
  • sometimes very useful to create one Null for all layers, instead of for each
  • This looks great! 
    I was wondering if you had some sort of custom transparency grid or something in the background? The tiling hexagons?
  • This looks great! 
    I was wondering if you had some sort of custom transparency grid or something in the background? The tiling hexagons?
    See: https://aescripts.com/yy_hextex/
  • Works great for solid layers, but does not seem to work with shape layers?  Do you think its possible to find the Bounding Box min / max and create the null based on that?
  • Works great for solid layers, but does not seem to work with shape layers?  Do you think its possible to find the Bounding Box min / max and create the null based on that?
    Hey Brandon-- This should work fine for shape layers. What version of AE are you using, and have you done anything to the shape layer (animated it, offset it, etc)? If need be, submit a support ticket and attach an aep that I can check out.
  • Great concept but doesn't seem to work if I manually change the anchor point of a solid layer (to be in the center of the mask I created for example) it puts the null in the center of the composition instead of where the anchor point is. Any ideas? Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?
  • Great concept but doesn't seem to work if I manually change the anchor point of a solid layer (to be in the center of the mask I created for example) it puts the null in the center of the composition instead of where the anchor point is. Any ideas? Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?

Hey Lucas! Can you open a support ticket from your Orders page? And please include your AE version.

Thanks!
  • Hi, Zack!

The UI of the script is not showing.

AE 2021 Version 18.0

Thanks.

• The UI of the script is not showing. AE 2021 Version 18.0
    Can't reproduce. But, if you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.