• Being able to keyframe 0-100% fill might be nice, but I have no idea how difficult that might be to program.

Although the main reason I came to comment is because on the AEscripts Description page...
    the video right next to:

"Unlimited Usage Possibilities"

Is currently cut a little short, like it was rendered to 8 seconds but the actual video is 10 seconds long...

I wanted to see those... "Sexy Icons"
  • Trying the TRY Version but to no avail. Applying Autofill throws up an error message "After Effects error: invalid filter ( 25 ::3 ).
    Any idea(s) how to get around this issue?

Also, importing the CS6 AEP/Preset results in an error message  pertaining to File Corruption. Only a few Comps load.
    Then, importing the CS2019 AEP/Preset results in nothing appearing in the Project Panel AND there is no error message.
  • The PDF in the file is broken. There are no instructions on how to install this plugin. I've already tried all of the normal ways in installing it (throwing it in the scripts UI folder or Extensions folder) none of them have worked. From the other comments I'm reading this plugin is a broken mess. 
  • So I have tried to install and re-install this plugin a few times, and it just crashes out my AE every time I load it. Could do with an emergency update.
  • Paul Novo said:
    So I have tried to install and re-install this plugin a few times, and it just crashes out my AE every time I load it. Could do with an emergency update.
    Hi Paul

I apologise for this. Could you please open a support ticket so I can assist and try to find a solution?
  • The PDF in the file is broken. There are no instructions on how to install this plugin. I've already tried all of the normal ways in installing it (throwing it in the scripts UI folder or Extensions folder) none of them have worked. From the other comments I'm reading this plugin is a broken mess. 
    Hi Zachary

The .pdf mentions install locations for the plugin:
    Windows
    Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects <version>\Support Files\Plug-ins\
    Mac
    Applications/Adobe After Effects <version>/Plug-ins/

Are you seeing something different or having trouble with the installation?
  • Trying the TRY Version but to no avail. Applying Autofill throws up an error message "After Effects error: invalid filter ( 25 ::3 ).
    Any idea(s) how to get around this issue?

Also, importing the CS6 AEP/Preset results in an error message  pertaining to File Corruption. Only a few Comps load.
    Then, importing the CS2019 AEP/Preset results in nothing appearing in the Project Panel AND there is no error message.
    Hi Roland

We've released an update that should address this. If you're still having issues could you please open a support ticket so we can find a resolution.
  • Being able to keyframe 0-100% fill might be nice, but I have no idea how difficult that might be to program.

Although the main reason I came to comment is because on the AEscripts Description page...
    the video right next to:

"Unlimited Usage Possibilities"

Is currently cut a little short, like it was rendered to 8 seconds but the actual video is 10 seconds long...

I wanted to see those... "Sexy Icons"
    Good catch, thanks Steven. 
    Keyframing 0 to 100% is only possible with noise since at 100% the whole frame is full. It's not possible to know when the fill will be complete on other modes as it varies due to user params and the supplied layers.
  • Hi, I was using this for a big project and the autofill layers that were perfect have all now do not grow at all. What would be causing this?
  • When attempting to install the trial version with the AE Scripts manager, I get an error claiming there is no trial version available. Was able to install manually.
  • Hi there - is there any love for those of us who purchased the original version?
    I know it wasn't being sold here, but it's not so great to have bought the original version and not be eligible for some sort of upgrade pricing.

Thanks for all the hard work that has been put into this.
  • Problema resolvido, o suporte técnico me ajudou.

I have the same problem. How you did it.

• Hi there - is there any love for those of us who purchased the original version?
    I know it wasn't being sold here, but it's not so great to have bought the original version and not be eligible for some sort of upgrade pricing.

Thanks for all the hard work that has been put into this.
    Hey Sam

The upgrade is completely free for all users. Perhaps this wasn't indicated clearly enough, as a few customers have mentioned this.
  • When attempting to install the trial version with the AE Scripts manager, I get an error claiming there is no trial version available. Was able to install manually.
    Thanks for letting us know Bryce. 
  • Drew Kirk said:
    Hi, I was using this for a big project and the autofill layers that were perfect have all now do not grow at all. What would be causing this?
    Hi Drew, could you please submit a support ticket with some extra info like which version and which growth mode is being used? 
  • Hi James, I'm getting an assertion failure error every time I open After Effects 2020 with Autofill 1.1. 

Please see imgur link below:
  • Frank Li said:
    Hi James, I'm getting an assertion failure error every time I open After Effects 2020 with Autofill 1.1. 

Hi Frank

Thanks for sending through the screenshot. Could you please open a support ticket with your AE version, OS version and GPU hardware and driver? The one thing I can suggest without knowing any other info is to ensure your GPU drivers are updated to the latest version. 
  • Frank Li said:
    Hi James, I'm getting an assertion failure error every time I open After Effects 2020 with Autofill 1.1. 

Also could you please try updating to AutoFill v1.1.1? Not sure if it will help but would be good to ensure you're on the latest version. 
  • Frank Li said:

Also could you please try updating to AutoFill v1.1.1? Not sure if it will help but would be good to ensure you're on the latest version. 
    Thank you, will update and if error persists I'll open a support ticket. 

Great plugin :)
  • hi,i have 1.1 version proper install, on AE 2021 and 2020 autoFill with crossed lines.Every preset with crossed lines. Without preset crossed lines.Help.
  • hi,i have 1.1 version proper install, on AE 2021 and 2020 autoFill with crossed lines.Every preset with crossed lines. Without preset crossed lines.Help.
    Hi Milen
    This sounds like a registration issue, I've just replied to your support ticket. 
  • Did any one test autofill together with bodymovin/lottie so far? Would love to know if there is a way to combine those two! 
  • Did any one test autofill together with bodymovin/lottie so far? Would love to know if there is a way to combine those two! 
    Hi Koene
    AutoFill generates a raster image so I don't think it would be possible :(
  • If I download TRY version, it will not appear in aescript manager app and i can not install it. But if I buy Single license, can I install it then?
  • I'm not finding the presets. Can someone direct me to them?
    Found them. It would be helpful if there was a note mentioning that (as far as I can tell) the only way to get the presets is to download from the aescripts.com site. You cannot access them through the aescripts installer.

Great tool!
  • With the last update to AE 18.2.0 this plugin doesn't work well anymore. There are scattered pixels that fill the layer badly. Could you please solve as soon as possible? Thank you!
  • With the last update to AE 18.2.0 this plugin doesn't work well anymore. There are scattered pixels that fill the layer badly. Could you please solve as soon as possible? Thank you!
    Same problem here!
    Hi Marco
    Apologies for this. We've just released a fix though if you could please update.
    Same problem here!
    Hi Javier
    Apologies for this. We've just released a fix though if you could please update.
  • Hey 
    I'm getting weird black and white pixel dots ahead of the actual auto fill (seems everyone else is)  It's only happening one part of the whole animation which is using autofill a lot, at the beginning of the composition.  I've updated uninstalled reinstalled, updated AE too but it's still there. 
  • Hey 
    I'm getting weird black and white pixel dots ahead of the actual auto fill (seems everyone else is)  It's only happening one part of the whole animation which is using autofill a lot, at the beginning of the composition.  I've updated uninstalled reinstalled, updated AE too but it's still there. 
    Hi Hugo
    Have responded via your ticket. 
  • Can we please get an offset for multiple points? (So multiple points start X frames after each other)
  • Can we please get an offset for multiple points? (So multiple points start X frames after each other)
    Hi Lachlan

Thanks for your suggestion. I think that would be handy so we'll look into it in a future update.
  • Hi! Nice plug!

But sometimes it flickering and make strobe glitch.

What is it can be?

I really need this plugin, but glitches make it pointless.
    Can you tell me when you fix it?

Thank you

AE 2021, Mac OS
  • Alex Kov said:
    Hi! Nice plug!

But sometimes it flickering and make strobe glitch.

What is it can be?

I really need this plugin, but glitches make it pointless.
    Can you tell me when you fix it?

Thank you

AE 2021, Mac OS
    Hi Alex

We released an update to fix strobing in the latest version (18.2.0) if you could please try this version. If you have any trouble with the trial or the full version please open a support ticket so we can assist as soon as possible.
  • Why doesn't the whole logo fill in? PNG or Shape Layers, if I don't have a growth source on each letter they won't fill in.
  • Why doesn't the whole logo fill in? PNG or Shape Layers, if I don't have a growth source on each letter they won't fill in.
    Hi Curt

I suspect this is due to gaps in the layer (between each letter for example). We have a parameter called "Border Strength" for this case. When set to 100%, the growth will not be able to cross transparent areas. Lowering this setting will allow the fill to cross gaps. It's recommended to set this value low enough to cross the gaps, but high enough to still maintain the effect of growing. You'll notice if border strength is 0%, the filling effect is lost. 

We have this topic covered in our FAQ section if you'd like some more detailed information, or just let me know if you have any further queries. 

Regards,
    James
  • Hi! After updating, I can't render the composition. I tried different options, uninstalled and re-installed AutoFill, but I can't render. It gives an error like this. Please help solve this problem.
  • Hi! After updating, I can't render the composition. I tried different options, uninstalled and re-installed AutoFill, but I can't render. It gives an error like this. Please help solve this problem.
    Hi Igor

Sorry I can't get that link to load, but I suspect the issue was introduced by the AE 18.2.0 update. We have released an update to address this issue if you could please download and install AutoFill v1.1.2 everything should be back to normal. Please let me know if the issue is not resolved by this update.
    I got the link to load and can see that it's not the issue I'm talking about as you're on AE 2020. Could you please open a support ticket so I can take a closer look?
  • Привет! После обновления не могу визуализировать композицию. Я пробовал разные варианты, удалил и переустановил автозаполнение, но не могу выполнить рендеринг. Выдает такую ​​ошибку. Помогите пожалуйста решить эту проблему.
    Я получил ссылку для подключения и вижу, что я говорю не об этом, поскольку вы находитесь на AE 2020.
    Done
  • Hello James,
    Am I blind, or have I completely overlooked simple instructions here on your product page; the AutoFill downloads folder (or tutorials by the Asian gentleman who covers East European and North American customer demographics), to install AutoFill's Presets and Assets?
  • Hello James,
    Am I blind, or have I completely overlooked simple instructions here on your product page; the AutoFill downloads folder (or tutorials by the Asian gentleman who covers East European and North American customer demographics), to install AutoFill's Presets and Assets?
    Hi Peter

The documentation on that is actually on the AutoFill wiki FAQ, but I think it might be better inside the readme:

The presets are bundled into the AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep inside the download. There's also a CS6 project file for those using older versions of AE.

Initially the presets were going to be .ffx, but they became too complex so we opted for a project file instead. In the future we will be looking to see if they can be adequately ported to the .ffx format.

• I've used Autofill before with great success. But not the latest version. I just laid up all my graphics in Illustrator - breaking things out into different layers. I bring them into AE. All is good. I go to apply Autofill to a layer. A blur striped bar appears. The composition window goes black and does not return. My info panel says "locking frames". That goes away. I can't preview. I can't do anything. So I try and quit and it won't let me. I force quit. Open the project and reapply the effect. Same thing. I've restarted, purged cache, checked for updates, reinstalled the plugin. No difference. Help?
  • Hello James,
    With respect, I'm still all at sea. Yes, I understand the asset files are bundled with the latest update, but I'm not sure where they automatically go on my HD, or where I need to manually store them for later use in the current version of AE. I agree, stating this much in the ReadMe file would help. For the moment, the previous version of this plugin seemed more simple to use. Regards, P

James Whiffin -
    The documentation on that is actually on the AutoFill wiki FAQ, but I think it might be better inside the readme:

The presets are bundled into the AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep inside the download. There's also a CS6 project file for those using older versions of AE.

Initially the presets were going to be .ffx, but they became too complex so we opted for a project file instead. In the future we will be looking to see if they can be adequately ported to the .ffx format.

• Hello James,
    With respect, I'm still all at sea. Yes, I understand the asset files are bundled with the latest update, but I'm not sure where they automatically go on my HD, or where I need to manually store them for later use in the current version of AE. I agree, stating this much in the ReadMe file would help. For the moment, the previous version of this plugin seemed more simple to use. Regards, P

James Whiffin -

Hi Peter
    Is this regarding the installation via the aescripts manager app? I hadn't considered that so will put it in the docs on the next update.
  • Hello I'm a user for about 5 months now. Never encountered a problem with the product, until recently. There seems to be a bug whenever I apply the effect on my layers. Instead of doing the usual auto-fill effect, it shows black strips over the layer. Would greatly appreciate an update on this, or an instruction on how to solve this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Hello I'm a user for about 5 months now. Never encountered a problem with the product, until recently. There seems to be a bug whenever I apply the effect on my layers. Instead of doing the usual auto-fill effect, it shows black strips over the layer. Would greatly appreciate an update on this, or an instruction on how to solve this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Hi Wendell. This sounds like the issue introduced in the AE v18.2.0 update. If you could please update AutoFill to the latest version it should be resolved. If it is not resolved, please submit a support ticket so we can diagnose further.
  • Hi, a have a little problem, can you help me please? i recently i bought Autofill plug! 
    but When i try to apply auto fill to the patth, after effects close it. 

Check this out: 

• Hi, when I preview in half or quarter resolution I get different results concerning timing. In full resolution the animation takes longer (duration/frames) to finish. Is there a solution for that? All my animation timings are fine in half resolution, but as soon as I switch to quarter it animates faster and and in full it goes slower. I do not mean the render time, I really mean the animation speed. Any ideas?