Projection 3D v3
  • We love your script and I have just bought the new version and it is really the only and the best 3D projection script for A/E on the market and

we hopping to publish more tutorials in Youtube for everyone special the beginners.

Thank you again.

Mick Moghni

• DediPath offers quickly deployed hybrid and dedicated servers. Our servers feature enterprise hardware, 99.99% uptime SLA, 1Gbps network port speed, and 20Gbps enterprise DDoS protection.  UNMETERED DDOS PROTECTED JACKSONVILLE DEDICATED SERVERS
  • Hi, is there now a way to replicate the function of the now defunct Projection script to simply create plate layers off AE's 3D Camera Tracker?

Thx!
  • Hi Mick

Thanks for the good reviews, of course we will record new tutorials.
    I wish you many successful projects with the new version.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Misha

Yes there is, but a tutorial is needed, we will record a new tutorial on this topic later.
    If you need to quickly understand how it works please please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Is this working with vector illustration?
  • Hi maciej Szarejko

Yes of course

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • I watched your tutorial "Create a 3D projected gloomy town" thanks it's very helplful. However, I'm just wondering what images did you repleace Projection secne1-3 in timeline 53min38sec?
    They seem same images "Gloomy town 1 to 3. 

------------------------
    Thank you!  Downloaded the project file and now, I totally understand.
  • Hi Yossan hasegawa

No, they are not the same. They are processed in Photoshop, something is removed, something is added. You can find and download Project file and assets at the link in the descriptions on youtube.

Cheers
    Nataworkstudio
  • i am slowly getting to understand this tool - very handy!
    BUT I have one question, is it possible to work with shadows? what I tried so far is interfering with the lights from the projection light - which of course in itself makes total sense but I was thinking if there is a workaround with shadows.
    for example: in the very simple tutorial with the woman on the path in the forest, is there a way to make her have a shadow on the floor generated by a light? if I introduce a light for a shadow and activate the shadows on the woman layer, she obviously has two shadows - one from the projector and one from the additional light...
  • Let me just scrap my jaw off the floor.

Christmas came early this year! Thanks Taron!! I will add that I am a beginner and I am totally dependent on your tutorials to make this work! 

Katahrine
  • Hi Katharine

Thank you too. Wish you a lot of useful work)

Regards
    Taron
  • Hi Kaspar Kilchenmann

1.You cannot use light casts shadows in Projection Scene, but if you are working with images/footages(in your case woman) you can disable projector(light) and create your own light with casts shadows.
    But remember that you cannot project anything in this scene.
    2. You can draw a shadow yourself.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • I just bought it and still no idea how to use it. But as soon as i open the panel it asked me to allow the script to write and network access. I do understand that script need to access to server to confirm the serial no to verify the purchase. 
    My question is why does the script need to connect network constantly ? 
    What information do you take and how do you process with the Data ? 
    How can I know whether the script is trying to receive data to my computer without my knowledge ? 
    What is your website and where can I read the your privacy policy ? 
    Is this made by AESCRIPT ?
    Is the privacy AESCRIPT.COM include this script ? 
    The above questions might seem silly or not important to you but for me it is important. I have never used any pirated applications but still I do concern about my privacy . You can also see how newbie I am base of the questions and I still learning how to use AE. Sorry for the bunch of questions and I would really appreciate if you answer. 

Regards

Zay
  • Hi, is there now a way to replicate the function of the now defunct Projection script to simply create plate layers off AE's 3D Camera Tracker?

Thx!
    Any updates to a tutorial for this? I need to use the similar features of Ben's old Projection script in order to do roto/paint removals on live footage using projected clean plates!
  • Hi, after the last update of Projection3D (v 3.02), on first start of AfterFX  it creates project every time...
    Is there a way do remove or disable this feature?!?!
    Best regards!
  • Hello Nataworkstudio,

I just purchased V3 for my updated AE CC2020 (v17.5.0) and I cannot figure out how to use it with the "what's new" video or other videos associated with the older v2. Camera tool is different / commands are different (unified camera tool is gone). I am wondering if you have a "new user tutorial" for the newest AE / Projection3D v3 on another website with more straight forward instruction? I am excited to put this new tool to work, but I cannot get past "Match Camera" even with fSpy. I have an image I am trying to use...would love to send to you for advice on how to set it up? 

I am sure once I get past the first project that it will all click and make sense. 

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to breaking that bubble on the first project!

Joey
  • Hi Mel Matsuoka

Please open a support ticket

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Ivan

I will try to solve this problem as soon as possible

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio

• Hi Joey

Please open a support ticket

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hello, This is amazing! Can you please tell me if I can use the new ROTO2 brush in the newest After Effects? Iam trying but does not seem to work in the 3d Camera projection. Would be amazing if it would work. Please let me know. Thank You very much
  • Hi Frank

Can you clarify what you are talking about?
    It will be better if you show with an example.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hallo Taron,
    there will be new tutorials about v.3 because there are very new great features in the last version!
    Also, for the beginner like me who is starting from scratch, it would be great to know if the previous tuts (ver.1 and ver. 2.) are still valid..., otherwise would be great a new learning path (from base to advanced) specific for version 3. 
    Am I wrong? 

• Hi
    Is it possible for this to work with the HandyCam plugin? I tried the demo but failed this way. P3D is amazing tool, but I would not like to give up HandyCam, or possibly another cam rig.
  • Any answers...?
  • Hi Simone 

Yes of course we will create new tutorials, 
    and you can use the old tutorials.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Maciej Szarejko

I'm not familiar with the HandyCam plugin, but you can try it, I think if you use the correct camera scale it might work.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Taron. 

Unfortunately HandyCam doesn't work.
    Good camera rig is game changer in 3d environment, so maybe is topic for You for next P3D update.

cheers
    MS

• Hi!

I'm looking for specs on this software but cannot find. Will this work in 4000 x 4000 px 4K frame size?

Thanks
  • Hi Michael

Yes, of course.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hello, I have v2 - is there any way to upgrade or is this a repurchase? Thanks!
  • Hi Nicolas

You can upgrade from Protection 3D v1 for $35 or from v2 for $25. Please make sure you are logged in to the same account and you will see the discount pricing automatically.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Simone 

Yes of course we will create new tutorials, 

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
    Great, because I noticed that the UI is little changed from the first tutorials.
    And seeing the 3D projection tv2 as starting point, isn't able to comment because it was uploaded in the AE Script official YouTube Channel instead your YouTube Channel...

• Hey, would be amazing to see how i could create plates into already tracked camera please tutorail:)
  • Hello, 
    I can't find a manual. Is there anyone?

Regardless,
    a nice peace of plugin you developed there...

Best,
    Christian 
  • Hello again,
    what's the max OBJ size allowed? 
    I'm keep getting an error message that says "OBJ size to large"...

Element 3D however has no problem with importing the OBJ file...

Best,
    Christian

• Yes of course we will create new tutorials, 

With latest new features in V3, it is now quite complicated to relate work flow back to V2 tutorials. Can I suggest that you create some new tutorials for beginners who are starting from scratch, with no prior knowledge, featuring the latest V3 version?

Many thanks

Mick

• Does this work with Videos? Like can I 3d track a video of walking through a room, and then create surfaces?
  • Hi Stephen

Yes of course the plugin works with video

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • The new tutorial is ready and you can watch it here
  • Hi Christian

You can import only low-poly models. The number of polygons should not exceed 1500.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Currently using this for several projects but im curious to know how you did the ones with faces using .obj files? You should do a tutorial showing how you created those and hwo you created the low poly models..... how would you go about doing a complex face for example?....would you build the entire thing in your software or did you start there then take it into a 3d modeller for enhancement?..... really curious as to how you integrate .obj files?
  • Hi everyone,

I am using V3.05 and I am on a Mac. I find that when I rotate the camera either horizontally or vertically the planes "break" and are misaligned. I saw elsewhere that some people were having breaking planes and wondering if others using Macs are having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Katharine
    STEP 5.png
    1526 x 1096 - 564K
  • Hi, how can we remove multiple objects, when the camera pans or dolly from left to right and objects that needs to be removed is not visible in one single frame?
    Like in this below picture camera slides from right to left and if i have to remove camera lense cap first then when camera pans to the left, remove candle holder. Do we have to split the clips and do it seperately or is it achievable in one single clip?
    1.JPG
    1920 x 1079 - 125K
    2.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 107K
  • It is just awesome !
    It saves so many time. I have learned basic projection without this plugin to understand it, after that I finally used it and it is way more easy to create projection.

I can go mroe deeper in this now. Thanks you
  • Yeah I can't seem to find much documentation... So does it work with 3D lights? Because the building of 3D environment is great!!! But if you could have some minimal reactive light and atmosphere...

Also can particle systems like Particular work with solids as colliders? So particles could bounce off surfaces? Rain...

• The new tutorial is ready and you can watch it here
    Hi Taron, 
    in your firs example maybe it would be better to make not only a BG clean plate, but also the selection of the object in foreground because Photoshop is much more accurate than AE and you can make great object selections and import those instead of making a rough mask in AE. Do you agree? Anyway I tried to make the first example (Lake BG and a little Easel in Foreground) selecting the Easel in Photoshop but something is wrong when I have to combine the both Projection Scene (1 and 2) in the Main comp. I.e. the Camera doesn't move... So, again, because making selection of a foreground object(s) can be done absolutely better in Photoshop, it would be really great if you could do a Camera projection tutorial with a Clean Plate BG to a foreground Object (photoshop selection with alpha channel) in order to avoid rough masking in AE.
  • Hi Taron, there are a lot of unanswered questions ..., don't you think a little more interaction and communication with your customers would be better? Because only in this way can we understand how to best use your plugin and at the same time you can improve it according to the real needs of customers ... So please show up every now and then ...

Thanks
  • Hi Simone
    Sorry for delay

I don't quite understand the essence of your question,
    please open a support ticket  for a better understanding and it would be better if you record your workflow

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Simone
    Sorry for delay

I don't quite understand the essence of your question,
    please open a support ticket  for a better understanding and it would be better if you record your workflow

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
    Okay Taron, I opened a ticket, but anyway the question is pretty simple: in your v3 trailer there are many example to project image and environment using Selection in photoshop, right?
    But in your provided tutorials about the same version v3 ((1) Projection 3D for Beginners - YouTube), instead avoiding creating boring masks in AE, as aspected (and as said in the v.3 trailer), there are no one tutorial talking about how to make projection using Selection did in Photoshop...! 
    Instead, all tuts continuing to use Mask in After Effects...
    So, again, can you provide to make some tuts about maybe the most important feature, aka CLEAN EDGES and INDIPENDENT OBJECTS, if am I right,  (use Photoshop Selections to avoid masking in AE) you can see exactly here in the Projection 3D v.3 ((1) Projection 3D v3 for After Effects - YouTube)?

Thanks!