Blace - AI Face Detection Plugin for After Effects and Premiere Pro
  • Hi there - it´s a great tool, but I urgently need this to run on a mac - pleeease:-)
    Best regards, H. B.
  • Hi there - it´s a great tool, but I urgently need this to run on a mac - pleeease:-)
    Best regards, H. B.
    Hey Holger,
    thanks for your feedback! We are working on a mac implementation. It's a bit complicated since our framework relies on CUDA, which is not supported by Apple atm. Please follow this page to get notified about updates :)
  • Hello.
    I used the Trial version.

I want to apply the blur style only to the eyes.
    Will it be such a specification in the future?

And if I check "Effect on transparent", nothing changes.

Is this because it's a Trial version?
  • Hey, you can (1.) switch the mode from "Face" to "Eyes" and scale the detections a bit, this will draw a blurred circle on the eyes. Since its a circle it will cover a bit more area than just the eyes. If you need a blurred rectangle, you could use (2.) Style "Rectangle", "Draw effect on transparent" and drive an Camera Blur effect with its output. Effect on transparent is indeed not possible in trial mode and therefore solution 2. only possible with a valid key.
  • Please make a version that Auto-Blurs License Plates!!!! That would be incredibly handy! ...Thank you for making awesome software!

• The trial goes in and out of green and red and when it turns green, it looses the tracking

• The trial goes in and out of green and red and when it turns green, it looses the tracking
    This is a limitation of the trial mode and gone once you have a valid license.
  • Hi
    Is it possible to get a null or x/y coords from the plugin, so I can track something onto it?
  • Hi
    Is it possible to get a null or x/y coords from the plugin, so I can track something onto it?
    At the moment the positions are not exposed, but you can use a custom layer to apply your own footage onto the tracked faces.
  • Can you use this to blur out, or pixelate license plates as well?
  • Hello. Thank you for providing useful plugins.
    And like Ric Albert, I would really like to be able to output null and x/y coordinates from the plugin.
     It would be an update that would require a new expense. I hope you will consider it.
  • Very cool plugin!
    Is there an option to smoothen the keyframes? It looks very "jumpy" at the moment.

• What is the best computer set up to use this plugin? I currently this plugin makes my computer redline when applied in premiere pro making playback impossible and edit next to impossible. What is necessary for this plugin to run smooth? Rendering is also slowed to insane level suggesting it would take 23 hours to render a 3 min clip with this effect  on, often crashing after an hour. 
  • I think this plugin is very nice!
    However, I am having a great deal of trouble right now and would appreciate an answer from the developer.

The problem is that when I change the resolution in Premiere or MediaEncorder, the effect of the plugin is not reflected in the output.
    For example, when I change the resolution of a 5760x5760px video to 3840x3840.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

• I think this plugin is very nice!
    However, I am having a great deal of trouble right now and would appreciate an answer from the developer.

The problem is that when I change the resolution in Premiere or MediaEncorder, the effect of the plugin is not reflected in the output.
    For example, when I change the resolution of a 5760x5760px video to 3840x3840.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Best regards, H. B.
    Hey Holger,
    we just released a new version with mac support!
  • I am trying to use the trial to see if this is a viable tool for some projects. But. When I download and follow the instructions on installation I am given an error of "Blace.plugin" is damaged and can't be opened. I have re-downloaded and still get the same error. Even downloaded off of toolfarm and still get the same thing. I am on Mac. AE is updated, and current OS is Catalina.
  • Hi,

- does this work with premiere/after-effects 2022?
    - In the trial I don't see anything for premiere, only after-effects, how do I install the trial for premiere pro? (windows)
    - will this work on older macbooks, too? Or only M1?
    - is there any edu discount available (for a research/university project)?

Best,
    Peter
  • I am testing the trial version for a time sensitive assignment. It worked a couple days ago however now I am trying to open the project and am receiving an error. I also receive an error when attempting to add the Blace effect to a new project. "After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for Blace-1-4-1.aex (48 :: 72). Please advise ASAP. Thank you!
  • After installing the trial version v1.4.1 (as described here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/installation.html#macos), I get this error message when opening Premiere:

"Blace.plugin" is damaged and can't be opened.

Only after I have deleted the plugin, I can start PP.
    I have re-downloaded several times and tried different file extractors.

macOS Big Sur v11.6
    Premiere Pro 2021 Version 15.4.2 (Build 3)

• Blace Not working with Premiere Pro 2022. 

I have been having all kinds of problem with Blace and Premiere Pro 2022 I cant seem to find any resolution. one of the biggest issues I have been having is slow render speeds. and extreme lagging. 
  • Hi,
    I followed the tutorial on the aescripts's youtube channel to blur crowds, which is perfect for my use. But, i need to exclude some people for which we have agreement, so i want to use the exclude mask/track.
    Problem is, once i've done my tracking, manually or with ae tools, it works, but when i turn the effect to "use on transparency", the exclude mask doesn't work anymore.

Am I missing something/it's not supposed to be used like that ?

I'm on the last version of After Effects. Blace V.1.4.1 with licence
    - Buffer size high
    - Face mode
    I've tested with other values but it seems to be the same.
  • After installing the trial version v1.4.1 (as described here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/installation.html#macos), I get this error message when opening Premiere:

"Blace.plugin" is damaged and can't be opened.

Only after I have deleted the plugin, I can start PP.
    I have re-downloaded several times and tried different file extractors.

macOS Big Sur v11.6
    Premiere Pro 2021 Version 15.4.2 (Build 3)

Same issue using Monterey 12.2.1 and Pr 22.2 or Pr 15.4.2 

Any update on this?
  • Same goes for Ae 22.2.1 and 18.4.2
  • This plug-in seems to still not work with MacOs. Having the same problem and message as users before me, telling me that the plug-in is damaged and can't be opened. MacOs 12.1, AE and PP 22.2

• Silly question: Is there a way to detect people's faces, and then de-blur them? Perhaps if the face-detection algorithm of this plugin were paired up with Neural Enhancement Suite's debluring algorithm?

There are a number of situations where enhancing the detail of someone's face / having it pop out could be useful / important.
  • I tried "trial version" on Mac 12.5 (macbook Air M2 2022) After Effect 2022

It says constantly "error"

• Great plugin! On this basis, do the recognition of license plates in cars and logos. This will make erasing much easier for graphic artists.
  • Jiup Lee said:
    I tried "trial version" on Mac 12.5 (macbook Air M2 2022) After Effect 2022

It says constantly "error"

Can you please try again. It should work now!
  • The installer now works on MacOS.
    The plug-in is great! 
    (I tested in PP 2023)
  • If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket
  • Did you think about detect and blur car register license plates options?
  • Hexe Lexe said:
    Did you think about detect and blur car register license plates options?
    Hey Hexe,
    unfortunately this is not on our immediate roadmap.
  • Version 1.4.2 does not appear in the list of effects in Premiere 2023 23.4, but it does work in  After Effect 2023 23.4. and Premiere Pro 2023 23.2.
    a low-level exception occured in blace (aevideofliter:1)

• Version 1.4.2 does not appear in the list of effects in Premiere 2023 23.4, but it does work in  After Effect 2023 23.4. and Premiere Pro 2023 23.2.
    a low-level exception occured in blace (aevideofliter:1)

Hey Peter, 23.4 seems to be pretty buggy, it does not even start in my case. Have already filled a ticket with Adobe. For now I recommend sticking to 23.3 if possible.
  • Just downloaded Trial for Mac and it's not even appearing in my plugin list. 
  • Just downloaded Trial for Mac and it's not even appearing in my plugin list. 
    Make sure you installed it in the same version of After Effects that you are using and restart after installing it. You will find it under the Effect -> Blace Plugins menu.

If you still need assistance, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Dear Blace Plugins,

I just bought the Blace Ai Face Detection and Blurring Plugin and I love it - the ai detection and auto blur is crazy but the one Usage and why I bought the plugin is not explained anywhere. I need to overlay faces with an image throughout a video like the image on the productpage showes (attached below) I dont find any explanation on how to do it. 

Any help appreciated, Best Bilal

• Dear Blace Plugins,

I just bought the Blace Ai Face Detection and Blurring Plugin and I love it - the ai detection and auto blur is crazy but the one Usage and why I bought the plugin is not explained anywhere. I need to overlay faces with an image throughout a video like the image on the productpage showes (attached below) I dont find any explanation on how to do it. 

Any help appreciated, Best Bilal

You set "Style" to "Custom" and then choose a layer in the field below.
  • Dear Blace Plugins,

Love your work on this plugin! I followed your tutorial and it seems to me that excluding faces doesn't work. I am on a M1 Ultra Mac and using vesion AE 23.6.

Let me know if you can help with this. 

Thank you! 
  • Honestly, the work is gorgeous. But on a 87%. I adjust the mask, everything is perfect, the scene where I'm talking to a girl in the dark, there are people walking around, and after a while the mask starts to fly off, the girl's face becomes visible for a split second, and people can see it - it's a joint. Still would like to customize 1 time, and that the binding of the mask to the face was constant, without interruptions. And also annoying that other masks are found in the environment anywhere. Then on the car, then on trees. And in the end the whole scene turns into a flashing something. I didn't like that. I still expected better stability from this plugin for 60 dollars. I would like to see improvements in this direction, thank you.
    oh, and this -  I'd also like to click on a face, and have it only have a mask on it, not the entire environment. I shoot content where I meet girls, and I really lack such a plugin.

• Honestly, the work is gorgeous. But on a 87%. I adjust the mask, everything is perfect, the scene where I'm talking to a girl in the dark, there are people walking around, and after a while the mask starts to fly off, the girl's face becomes visible for a split second, and people can see it - it's a joint. Still would like to customize 1 time, and that the binding of the mask to the face was constant, without interruptions. And also annoying that other masks are found in the environment anywhere. Then on the car, then on trees. And in the end the whole scene turns into a flashing something. I didn't like that. I still expected better stability from this plugin for 60 dollars. I would like to see improvements in this direction, thank you.
    oh, and this -  I'd also like to click on a face, and have it only have a mask on it, not the entire environment. I shoot content where I meet girls, and I really lack such a plugin.

Hey Vlad, please open a ticket so we can discuss this specific case. There are several settings which can improve performance: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/blace.html#buffer-size
  • Are new versions expected? Maybe a more accurate job? For me, a 3 hour video takes about 2 days to render. Maybe there will be optimization? Or a more accurate detection of faces or can make it so that by clicking you can select a specific face so that only it is blurry? When the video quality is poor and it’s twilight, the mask is detected all over the screen, even with a well-configured application it sometimes flies off the face, and often flashes across the entire screen anywhere. Tell me, will there be any fixes or maybe improvements to the system?

• Are new versions expected? Maybe a more accurate job? For me, a 3 hour video takes about 2 days to render. Maybe there will be optimization? Or a more accurate detection of faces or can make it so that by clicking you can select a specific face so that only it is blurry? When the video quality is poor and it’s twilight, the mask is detected all over the screen, even with a well-configured application it sometimes flies off the face, and often flashes across the entire screen anywhere. Tell me, will there be any fixes or maybe improvements to the system?

Hey Vlad,
    at the moment, no bigger improvements are planned. You can open a support ticket and send us some examples of your footage, maybe we can improve the results together: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1672
  • Will this at any point be available for Final Cut Pro or Davinci? 

If so what would the best best way to use it if I don’t work with premiere or AE? 
  • Hey, unfortunately no support is planned at the moment for other hosts.
  • Version 1.4.2 does not appear in the list of effects in Premiere 2023 23.2 Mac... why?
  • Version 1.4.2 does not appear in the list of effects in Premiere 2023 23.2 Mac... why?
    Hey, please open a ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/