Pseudo Effect Maker 3
  • The replace function is amazing time saver and was the biggest issue for me in the past while using this plugin. Thank you so much for solving it!!
  • I wonder if there's a way to import an already applied custom effect panel into an empty Pseudo Effect Maker window?

For example I created a custom effect, applied it to a null layer and then quit After Effects. Later I turned AE back on and wanted to continue customizing my applied effect, but couldn't do it as the read function would not read the custom effect..  And obviously I forgot to save my effect preset in the Pseudo Effect Maker so I lost all my work and had to re-do it, which was super frustrating. 
  • Also there seems to be a bug when you enter a negative default value like "-200" - in the applied controller it shows up as "200", so it seems it's impossible to have a negative defaul value. Unless I'm missing something.
  • Does anyone know the point of making a control invisible? I've a feeling it'd be really useful for something, but I can't figure out what.
  • Hi...We make templates.Does this effect give customers an missing error?
  • Hi, awesome extesion !!!  just notice something. I was testing it and created a group of let's say 10 angle controls.
    And notice that it doesn't let me input parameters to all 10 angle controls at the same time, I can only change parameters going one by one in the controls.
    am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to change parameters by groups? Or let's say you select 3 or 4 angle controls to change them to the same parameter, is it possible? 

cheers!
  • I wonder if there's a way to import an already applied custom effect panel into an empty Pseudo Effect Maker window?

For example I created a custom effect, applied it to a null layer and then quit After Effects. Later I turned AE back on and wanted to continue customizing my applied effect, but couldn't do it as the read function would not read the custom effect..  And obviously I forgot to save my effect preset in the Pseudo Effect Maker so I lost all my work and had to re-do it, which was super frustrating. 
    I am also curious about this and would like such functionality
  • Can the Dropdown Menu be used in a pseudo effect?
  • Hello, I am a Chinese user, I like this plug-in very much, but I cannot output Chinese, whenever output Chinese will be garbled, I hope that can be solved, looking forward to your reply!
  • So I bought Pseudo Effect Maker 2 on Feb 8th 2021. According to the documentation it should be compatible with AE2022+
    But when tying to install, ZXP Installer show that it is not compatible with After effects 2021?

• So I bought Pseudo Effect Maker 2 on Feb 8th 2021. According to the documentation it should be compatible with AE2022+
    But when tying to install, ZXP Installer show that it is not compatible with After effects 2021?

open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello!
    How to fix "Error auto-saving"? 
    AE CC 2021 18.4.1, Pseudo 3.0.2
  • Hello!
    How to fix "Error auto-saving"? 
    AE CC 2021 18.4.1, Pseudo 3.0.2
    Please open a support ticket for help:  https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• Good afternoon.
    I use pseudo-effects in the script, using ffx as presets.
    Question next. Is it possible to make pseudo-effects form inside the script? That is, depending on the selected options, controls were added or removed inside the pseudo-effect.
    Thank you.

• Chinese.
    Can you support Chinese? When the effect name is Chinese, it will become garbled.
  • Hello!
    How to fix "unable to execute script at line 9100. uncaught JavaScript exeception: JSON.parse"?

AE CC 2021 18.2.1 (Build 8)
  • If I already used a bunch of expression controls in an adjustment layer - can I create a pseudo effect of the already existing effects? Replace function seems to only allow me to replace one effect - not match multiple existing effects to my new one. Also it's possible i dont know how to use it. Any help would be great thanks!
  • Really Amazing and Time Saver , i really liked it .
  • The link for manual install leads to an empty/old webpage.

Can you please provide manual install instructions?

Thanks.
  • Wanted to ask about release of new adobe 2023 compatibile version. So far I'm forced to use my old v2.2.21 pseudo maker, because sadly the newest version 3.0.2 throws a compatibility error when I try to install it for my AE 2023. 

I love pseudo effect maker, so would be really glad to see an update about the compatibility issue.

Thanks!
  • Brilliant. Would be great to be able to combine installed effects but still great.
  • I had a problem using the combine, it didn't work. please give me answers. thanks
  • I use Pseudo Effect Maker ALL the time and absolutely love it. I just had an idea for a feature that I think could potentially be a big time saver if it's possible. 

I often create a Pseudo Effect to drive specific properties from an effects stack. This way I don't have to dig through the effects to find the specific properties I want to control. Currently I have to build those controls manually in PEM, manually matching the property control type and its limits. Would it be possible to implement a feature that allowed you to create a controller in PEM based on a selected property? Automatically filling in the property default value, min and max values, and labeling it with the same name.

For example: if I want to control the Size property of the Turbulent Displace Effect, PEM would create a slider control with the name "Size", set it's slider/valid min and max values to 2, 1000, with a precision of 1.

That's my feature request :)
  • I really like it.
  • Hi, I want to thank you for this wonderful tool. Thank you!

It would be cool in one of the future updates to be able to add expressions to controllers right at the creation stage
  • Hello,
    PEM is a great tool.
    I have a request for something new. It looks like Jake's and also Solomon's. And maybe others.
    I add expression effects (slider, box, etc...) in the effect window, which can contain expressions.

I would like a button that recognizes the selected effects and adds them to PEM with the expressions. Then it would only be necessary to refine the details to apply the new pseudo effect.
    Is this possible?
    I hope there is not already this option somewhere and I did not see it, otherwise sorry.
    Thanks
  • How to disable some properties depending on other's input like this?image
  • The author doesn't replay to comments, turned off YT comments, no email on the website! I watched 5 videos on YT of this tool and still no guide on how to apply to a property. !!!
  • Waleed Kh said:
    The author doesn't replay to comments, turned off YT comments, no email on the website! I watched 5 videos on YT of this tool and still no guide on how to apply to a property. !!!

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket 

• It's Super Effective Tools.
    However, an error occurs if the text of a country other than English is included.
    Can you fix it so that it can work normally even if it contains other characters?
  • I've just got a feature request. Can we get functionality to read controls from Text and Shape Layers? Right now I have a workaround copying and pasting to a null layer. But it would save me a little bit extra time. Thanks. I use this so much

I am also curious about this and would like such functionality
    I love Pseudo Effect Maker and use it all the time, but don't necessarily save the effects as separate files as it seems a bit unnecessary when they're specific to a layer I've already applied them to. It's a bit annoying having to completely recreate the effect when I need to amend these, and would love it if this feature existed.
  • EDIT: I found this, I request an append controls feature. It's called "Combine" and it is there already. I don't know how i missed that but there you go. 

I have another feature request. Just putting them out there. Option to append a preset to existing controls. we could make sets of presets that we use frequently. For example I often add a font colour, size stroke, stroke width controls be nice to add that set into a set I am creating. And another is auto maker. Select a property with an expression in it. Then hit a button, creates sliders for all the declared variables written into the expression. Could use a fuzzy logic to guess what type of control else default to slider. Thanks.
  • How does one paste XML or JSON controls in? I tried using the menu option and got the warning to use the shortcut. I used the shortcut and it just changed focus to the Effect Controls panel, but nothing was pasted in anywhere. I've tried this feature many times in the past and have never been able to get it to work.