• imageFX TextFlow

Make your After Effects text flow over multi-columns paragraph blocs, just like inside Indesign ! Fill them with "LoremIpsum...", "QuickBrownFox...", or even some procedural text instanciated with its powerful SampleText Generator, and auto-align them thanks to a useful Anchor Point feature !

https://aescripts.com/fx-textflow/

• No Trial available?
  • No Trial available?
    No, i don't offer any trial for any of my tools due to piracy, sorry.
    But if a product doesn't fit your needs you can always ask for a refund :)
  • Asadrun Media :

you are welcome and thanks for having cleared the thread :)
  • Any chance you will release a CS6 compatible version?
  • Tim K K said:
    Any chance you will release a CS6 compatible version?
    Unfortunately no !
    It won't be possible because the tool relies on the "text.style" expression property, that was first introduced in AE 17.0 (2020). And there is no way to reproduce it with another method as far as i know !
  • Hello, would this plugin allow you to animate the bounding box size and have the text reflow accordingly? I'm looking to animate something like a web browser window being resized with paragraph text inside it reflowing.
  • Hello, would this plugin allow you to animate the bounding box size and have the text reflow accordingly? I'm looking to animate something like a web browser window being resized with paragraph text inside it reflowing.
    Unfortunately, no, it will never be possible within After Effects real text, because its bounding box isn't animatable (you can change it over time manually, but it will just create some hold keyframes on the sourceText property). There is no way to create interpolation between these sourceTexte hold keyframes, so you would firstly have to block out a simple rectangle animation that would be animated in its dimensions, then you could create a bounded text layer (with my tool if you want to automatically populate it with sample text and still have the possibility to make it multi column ; or natively if you don't need these features), and just adapt it manually based on your blocked out animation, frame by frame.

Another approach could be to not even use text at all, and to fake some faux-text with some simple lines (more graphical and stylish in my opinion) ; there are plenty of methods to create then a animation of the box with flowing lines inside it in this case.
    I have managed to achieve a convincing result by just stacking a few effects ("Venetian blinds" to create the lines, "Block dissolve" to create the spacing between words, "CC Ball action" to make sure all the lines will remain the same height, and "Minimax" in order to give it a more rectangular look), on top of a simple rectangle animated in a shape layer :

If you like this technic, feel free to dive into my attached .aep :)  

aep
    aep
    animatedBoundedTextBoxWithFlowingLines.aep
  • aescripts manager does not install this in AE2022.  It lists it as compatible only with 2021.  
  • AE 2022 compatibility is listed on this page, but in AE 2022 the script has an expression error in Legacy mode.
    Please advise users to use the JavaScript expression engine.
  • Isa Alsup said:
    AE 2022 compatibility is listed on this page, but in AE 2022 the script has an expression error in Legacy mode.
    Please advise users to use the JavaScript expression engine.
    You are right, thanks for reporting this. I've updated the product's page with this info (see the "IMPORTANT" section in red at the very bottom of the page)
  • I've installed the script, and when I try to run it from File>Scripts>FX_textFlow.jsxbin, I get this error:

"Unable to execute script at line 926. Invalid image data"

Let me know what I need to do to get it working properly. Thanks. 

Are you sure you have correctly installed the product ?

How did you install it, with the manager or manually ?

Can you verify that both the "FX_textFlow.jsxbin" file AND the "FX_textFlowAssets" folder are located in your AfterEffects Script > ScriptUI Panel folder ?

Then restart AE and launch the product from the Window menu (do not run File > Run Script... command to launch it !)

• I am looking for a script that has a similar function to threading text boxes in InDesign.

Does this work for rows as well, there is only mention of columns? Or can I move the text boxes from outside the bounding box and stack / position them as I need?

Thanks
  • Kien Tan said:
    I am looking for a script that has a similar function to threading text boxes in InDesign.

Does this work for rows as well, there is only mention of columns? Or can I move the text boxes from outside the bounding box and stack / position them as I need?

Thanks
    The script will rather recreate multicolumn paragraph inside A SINGLE TEXT BOX, not several text boxes with threaded source text ; so you will never be able to move one or more columns seperately unfortunately, sorry
  • If I change the default text size values - specifically text size and leading the script doesn't work as expected.
  • If I change the default text size values - specifically text size and leading the script doesn't work as expected.
    I don't manage to reproduce this issue ;
    Could you open a support ticket instead please?
    And there in the ticket, please provide me the configuration info you have (which version of AE, which system etc...)
    Thanks in advance