• Excited to try this. But it gets blocked as highly suspicious by my virus scanner.
    Is there a version without the .exe? I see it tries to just open zxp installer anyway. 
  • installed it, but it doesn't launch in my after effects program.
  • installed it, but it doesn't launch in my after effects program.

Please open a support ticket and provide as many details including screenshots so we are able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1800
  • Excited to try this. But it gets blocked as highly suspicious by my virus scanner.
    Is there a version without the .exe? I see it tries to just open zxp installer anyway. 

Hmm, seems you need to allow it or re-configure your virus software ;) If you need further assistance please open a support ticket and provide as many details including screenshots so we are able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1800
  • Was messing around with this last night and I have to say this is definitely lightening fast and having previews for all the aep files is quite amazing.  I create a ton of templates for myself with small animations that I use in different projects.  Searching through those and opening each one to try and remember what I did was a hassle.  Having those preview in a window for easy selection is a game changer for myself.  Basically having a preview for all things we use in one panel is amazing.  

I know this might sound like a paid advertisement but I wanted to give credit where it's due :)  
  • Was messing around with this last night and I have to say this is definitely lightening fast and having previews for all the aep files is quite amazing.  I create a ton of templates for myself with small animations that I use in different projects.  Searching through those and opening each one to try and remember what I did was a hassle.  Having those preview in a window for easy selection is a game changer for myself.  Basically having a preview for all things we use in one panel is amazing.  

I know this might sound like a paid advertisement but I wanted to give credit where it's due :)  
    :love: :+1: Thanks Brandon! It's great getting the good feedback and not just the issues ;-)
  • installed it, But also doesn´t launch. AE is Updated
  • installed it, But also doesn´t launch. AE is Updated
    Please open a support ticket and provide as many details including screenshots so we are able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1800
  • Looks like fun! I've downloaded and run the installer (Win 10, CC21) - launch AE, go to extensions->aeviewer and... nothing happens.
    I'll open a support ticket but thought I should check first - am I doing it wrong?
  • Same issue as others have reported. Try ti run it from the extensions menu and nothing happens. I'll send a support ticket as well. I was actually testing this out before buying the Pro version so I'm hoping it's an easy fix.
  • Hi everyone,
    Please try re-downloading the new archive and installing the ZXP using the ZXP Installer.
  • I also am having the problem when I try to open it from the "window"-->"extensions" menu, nothing happens. I am also up-to-date with AE.
  • I also am having the problem when I try to open it from the "window"-->"extensions" menu, nothing happens. I am also up-to-date with AE.
    Please try re-downloading the new archive and installing the ZXP using the ZXP Installer.
    Please try re-downloading the new archive and installing the ZXP using the ZXP Installer.
  • I purchased AE Viewer BP from Videohive (no longer available on that site).  Is this better or different? Can I get the Pro Version at a discount. I am assuming it is the same product. Please advise and thank you for the free version
  • I purchased AE Viewer BP from Videohive (no longer available on that site).  Is this better or different? Can I get the Pro Version at a discount. I am assuming it is the same product. Please advise and thank you for the free version

It is totally different Aeviewer. The version you have is limited to work only with the Big Pack of Elements.
    Aeviewer from aescripts has lots of functions such as:
    1. Preview and import AEP, MOGRT, PRPROJ files
    2. Preview and import audio, video and images
    3. Preview and import PSD and vector files
    4. Run scripts
    And many more other features.
  • Great stuff - Installing via the aescripts app solved the non-launching problem for me.
    Very useful for previewing folders of footage, audio, stock clips etc much better than Adobe Bridge - and in AE of course.
    It struggles with image sequences though - froze for fairly long gaps when opening folders of image sequences, especially .exr sequences seemed to stall AE for 30s or so, weird as the result was just generic icons + prompt to buy the pro version. Would be really great if it could condense image sequences into single items not long lists of file names.
    Was looking for the cache file, as I can imagine this could get fairly massive, where is that stored?
  • Great stuff - Installing via the aescripts app solved the non-launching problem for me.
    Very useful for previewing folders of footage, audio, stock clips etc much better than Adobe Bridge - and in AE of course.
    It struggles with image sequences though - froze for fairly long gaps when opening folders of image sequences, especially .exr sequences seemed to stall AE for 30s or so, weird as the result was just generic icons + prompt to buy the pro version. Would be really great if it could condense image sequences into single items not long lists of file names.
    Was looking for the cache file, as I can imagine this could get fairly massive, where is that stored?
    Thank you for your feedback! We are working on image sequences feature already.
    The cache is stored under the user's folder and you can clean the cache via Aeviewer Settings -> General -> Clear media cache
  • Does it support ProRes?
  • Does it support ProRes?
    Yes, it does.
  • I installed the latest version of AEVIEWER. (aeviewer-2.0.1-free)
    When I open AEVIEWER, I get "Unable to execute script at line 202. CSXSEvent does not have a constructor" and "Unable to execute script at line 1.undefined is not an undefined is not an object" is displayed.
    When I close the dialog, the AEVIEWER displays "Update Aeviewer".
    After that, no matter what buttons I press, nothing works. I can only switch between tabs such as "Collections" and "Folders".

Do I need to use ZXP to install it? I have the ZXP installer, but where are the ZXP files?
  • I installed the latest version of AEVIEWER. (aeviewer-2.0.1-free)
    When I open AEVIEWER, I get "Unable to execute script at line 202. CSXSEvent does not have a constructor" and "Unable to execute script at line 1.undefined is not an undefined is not an object" is displayed.
    When I close the dialog, the AEVIEWER displays "Update Aeviewer".
    After that, no matter what buttons I press, nothing works. I can only switch between tabs such as "Collections" and "Folders".

Do I need to use ZXP to install it? I have the ZXP installer, but where are the ZXP files?
    Hi, go to After Effects Preferences and enable "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" checkbox.
  • If I author a package of MoGRTs for use in PPro and AE, will users on PPro have to purchase AeViewerPro to view the previews of the MoGRTs in PPro?

And what kind of support and documentation do you provide for your API?
  • If I author a package of MoGRTs for use in PPro and AE, will users on PPro have to purchase AeViewerPro to view the previews of the MoGRTs in PPro?

And what kind of support and documentation do you provide for your API?
    Currently, free version works only inside After Effects.
    We will release an API documentation this or next week.
  • Hi, I have an external hard drive that I am working from and all of my projects kept. If I want to go the Folders section to show the content of the drive I got an error message saying: TypeError: undefined is not an object Error at line: 213.

Any idea what should I do?

Thank you! 
  • Hi, I have an external hard drive that I am working from and all of my projects kept. If I want to go the Folders section to show the content of the drive I got an error message saying: TypeError: undefined is not an object Error at line: 213.

Any idea what should I do?

Thank you! 

Hi, please open a support ticket
  • hello!
    can this be used to preview items already in the project?
    that would be super helpful....
  • hello!
    can this be used to preview items already in the project?
    that would be super helpful....
    Hi, we will add this feature in future.
  • Hi - really love the viewer. Thanks so much for the free version.

I do have a bit of a gripe unfortunately I'm hoping is fixable. When I launch After Effects and go to extensions>AEMediaViewer the panel takes  a few seconds to initialize, I get a spinning wheel and if I try to click within the window it goes light grey/unresponsive. It does resolve but takes about 10 seconds.
    Is this normal? I guess not? I'm running AE 18.4 on a 5900x, 64GB DDR4, 2TB NVME, 3080ti with driver 471.68

Thanks
  • Thank you for your hard work on this great extension. 
    But as an early supporter of aeviewer, i feel we should get a better discount. Why do I have to pay a price similar to the one I already bought?I think it's unreasonable. You're not very considerate for early customers
  • Thank you for your hard work on this great extension. 
    But as an early supporter of aeviewer, i feel we should get a better discount. Why do I have to pay a price similar to the one I already bought?I think it's unreasonable. You're not very considerate for early customers
    Hi,
    We provide 30% discount for all V1 customers. There are no discounts for anyone else. Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/aeviewer-pro/#upgrade-notice
  • Aaron Lee said:
    Hi - really love the viewer. Thanks so much for the free version.

I do have a bit of a gripe unfortunately I'm hoping is fixable. When I launch After Effects and go to extensions>AEMediaViewer the panel takes  a few seconds to initialize, I get a spinning wheel and if I try to click within the window it goes light grey/unresponsive. It does resolve but takes about 10 seconds.
    Is this normal? I guess not? I'm running AE 18.4 on a 5900x, 64GB DDR4, 2TB NVME, 3080ti with driver 471.68

Thanks
    Hi, Please open a support ticket and provide the information if you have any other scripts\extensions opened. This issue could be because of the slow internet connection as well.
  • Hi. How to download the old version of Aeviewer? I don't like this free version, it's super laggy and useless.
  • Hi. How to download the old version of Aeviewer? I don't like this free version, it's super laggy and useless.
    Hi,
    You can find it under the My Downloads & Licenses.
    As for the issues you have, please let us know more via support ticket. We would like to fix any issue you had.
  • Hi, is it possible to scrub the thumbnails like you can in premiere bins? In AE, I can click on the playback bar to jump around, but I can't scrub (the minute I drag, I tried to drag the clip). It would be great if you could scrub if you are hovered over the blue playback bar. Also, I can't seem to jump or scrub an audio file at all?
  • Also, does AEviewer still lack the ability to view image sequences as one file?
  • Hi, is it possible to scrub the thumbnails like you can in premiere bins? In AE, I can click on the playback bar to jump around, but I can't scrub (the minute I drag, I tried to drag the clip). It would be great if you could scrub if you are hovered over the blue playback bar. Also, I can't seem to jump or scrub an audio file at all?
    Hi Chad,
    Currently we don't have any plans on scrubbing feature, but you should definitely be able to click through the audio files. If it doesn't work for you, please open a support ticket.

As for the image sequences, we will add this feature in the next update of the Pro version.
    This feature wouldn't be available in the free version.
  • Really good.. am trying it out with lots of stock footage flying around...

Couple of suggestions

1. Provide a thumbnail view for the clips already inside the AE project.

2. When browsing fooateg on disks, highlight if a clip has already exists somewhere in the  project  (a green frame?), and allwo clicking in that clip to locate it in the project.
  • Really good.. am trying it out with lots of stock footage flying around...

Couple of suggestions

1. Provide a thumbnail view for the clips already inside the AE project.

2. When browsing fooateg on disks, highlight if a clip has already exists somewhere in the  project  (a green frame?), and allwo clicking in that clip to locate it in the project.
    Hi Adam, thank you for your feedback. Can you open a support ticket where we will discuss the features? Thanks!

• Error image

JavaScript Alert - file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/Aeviewer/index.html

Please restart Extension

- Restarted extension > same problem

- Restarted app / computer > same problem 

Also a pop up saying new version is available - download from rom aescripts?  This appeases to be latest 2.02

Any ideas

Mac Pro

Vega Duo

MacOS 11.3.1

Thanks 

• Error image

JavaScript Alert - file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/Aeviewer/index.html

Please restart Extension

- Restarted extension > same problem

- Restarted app / computer > same problem 

Also a pop up saying new version is available - download from rom aescripts?  This appeases to be latest 2.02

Any ideas

Mac Pro

Vega Duo

MacOS 11.3.1

Thanks 

Hi Andrew,
    Please, make sure that you are using the latest update of Aeviewer. If you will continue having the same issue, please open a support ticket.
  • Forgive me if I missed something, but AEViewer doesn't actually preview comps and footage in the Project tab? 
    File browser plugin is great but I already have most of that functionality covered by Adobe Bridge and file browser, is there any way to make native Project tab more user-friendly?

thanks!
  • Forgive me if I missed something, but AEViewer doesn't actually preview comps and footage in the Project tab? 
    File browser plugin is great but I already have most of that functionality covered by Adobe Bridge and file browser, is there any way to make native Project tab more user-friendly?

thanks!

You can dock the AEVIEWER panel anywhere you like. We also feel it is a much better and faster browser than bridge and the file browser;)

thanks!
    Hi Katya, Adobe Bridge doesn't allow to import AEP\PPROJ projects and preview those.
    It lacks many of the features Aeviewer has, like running scripts, previewing and importing audio, import customization, fonts previews and many more.
    We are opened to all feature requests and constantly working on improvement so feel free to drop us a line about any feature that is missing and we will look in to it.

thanks!
    Hi Katya, Adobe Bridge doesn't allow to import AEP\PPROJ projects and preview those.
    It lacks many of the features Aeviewer has, like running scripts, previewing and importing audio, import customization, fonts previews and many more.
    We are opened to all feature requests and constantly working on improvement so feel free to drop us a line about any feature that is missing and we will look in to it.

Thank you for your reply!
    The feature I'm looking for is better preview inside of Project panel, preferably with an option for a custom thumbnail, that would save so much time and aggravation, especially in projects someone else started. AEViewer is definitely an improvement on import workflow but I wish it would also generate previews for already imported comps and assets. Thanks!
  • but I wish it would also generate previews for already imported comps and assets
    but it does! :)

thanks!

Thank you for your reply!
    The feature I'm looking for is better preview inside of Project panel, preferably with an option for a custom thumbnail, that would save so much time and aggravation, especially in projects someone else started. AEViewer is definitely an improvement on import workflow but I wish it would also generate previews for already imported comps and assets. Thanks!
    Could you please open a support ticket on this matter? I would like to discuss that with you internally. If you have any workflow on your mind, let's discuss that.
  • good evening why i cant preview mogrt files although i made mp4+png files with same name like mogrt and even when i try double click any mogrt file i see only ( successfully imported ) but nothing imported in fact and when try to drag and drop i got ( mogrt is not supported format ) ???? i hope this issues will be fixed soon i don't know why there is alot of issues ??
  • good evening why i cant preview mogrt files although i made mp4+png files with same name like mogrt and even when i try double click any mogrt file i see only ( successfully imported ) but nothing imported in fact and when try to drag and drop i got ( mogrt is not supported format ) ???? i hope this issues will be fixed soon i don't know why there is alot of issues ??
    Hi Mohammed,
    You can add preview to your MOGRT files using our new Aep To Mogrt tool:
    It's not clear what software you are using to import the file. Is it PPro or After Effects?
    Hi Mohammed,
    You can add preview to your MOGRT files using our new Aep To Mogrt tool:
    It's not clear what software you are using to import the file. Is it PPro or After Effects?
    thank you very much for quick respond yes the software is PPro and if you please make a long video tutorial to learn us how to make a preview with aeptomogrt and use it in aeviewer thnx in advance