Isolate Tools for Cinema 4D
  • Why does this plugin have its own menu? It is two scripts. My menu bar is crowded enough without you guys doing free advertising, cheers.
  • Hello ! my version can"t work with third party plugin ( i'm using octane) any solution ? work with light from c4d but not octane !
  • Hello ! my version can"t work with third party plugin ( i'm using octane) any solution ? work with light from c4d but not octane !

Hi, i've also used with octane and have no issues. Can you please elaborate more so that i can help you out.
  • Why does this plugin have its own menu? It is two scripts. My menu bar is crowded enough without you guys doing free advertising, cheers.
    Yes, i can share you which will appear on extension menu or headless version if you want. Which means it would appear only through a search. But after you assign a shortcut or dock in the UI then that will save you from crowded,

Hi, i've also used with octane and have no issues. Can you please elaborate more so that i can help you out.
    yes ! in fact it work with octane light ! but i need to create a cinema4d light first to have the plugin working ! if i just create a octane light the plugin don"t work 

yes ! in fact it work with octane light ! but i need to create a cinema4d light first to have the plugin working ! if i just create a octane light the plugin don"t work 
    Can you please do a screen record or share me an image what type of octane light isn't working. Since octane area light is also just a c4d standard light with octane light tag in it. Also, you can open a support ticket

Hi, have you figure out your problem. Just wanted to let you know that if there is only one light in your scene. the plugin will not be able to active/execute it, since there is no point since there is no other light to hide. Please do let me know your problem. and we will try to find a solution.
  • Dude, this plugin is an incredible idea but it removes all the objects from existing layers

Please look at this GIF to show you what I mean: 

See how after clicking isolate object to bring back visibility, all my other objects that were in the other layer have been removed.

Complete deal breaker for me at the moment, it's like a better version of MAGIC SOLO plugin but that one returns objects back within their respective layers.

This is an example of MAGIC SOLO and the layers are returned within their respective layer:

• Dude, this plugin is an incredible idea but it removes all the objects from existing layers

See how after clicking isolate object to bring back visibility, all my other objects that were in the other layer have been removed.

Complete deal breaker for me at the moment, it's like a better version of MAGIC SOLO plugin but that one returns objects back within their respective layers.

This is an example of MAGIC SOLO and the layers are returned within their respective layer:

Hi Michael,
    I've currently work on this feature that you've point out along with some new features. Please stay tune for the update, i'll try my best to update as soon as possible. 

Here's a sneak peek for the remember layers state

Hi Michael,
    I've currently work on this feature that you've point out along with some new features. Please stay tune for the update, i'll try my best to update as soon as possible. 

Here's a sneak peek for the remember layers state
    OMG thank you, I can't wait to actually be able to use this plugin, it's going to replace magic solo for me when this is fixed

Any idea on the next version release?
  • This feel very cool & I'm going to replace the old and slow magic solo perhaps !  ...but is there a way to test it for few days?
    An important Q > Does it work with Redshift Environment & Redshift Sky too? I hope...
    Cheers. M

• This feel very cool & I'm going to replace the old and slow magic solo perhaps !  ...but is there a way to test it for few days?
    An important Q > Does it work with Redshift Environment & Redshift Sky too? I hope...
    Cheers. M

Hi Matthieu,
    Just update a quick fix for plugin and it got fixed 1.51a & 1.51
  • Just noticed you've updated this, looking forward to trying it out when I'm back :)
  • Can the plugin behavior simply hide every object, camera, mograph, etc., unless selected, whenever you choose to isolate? Many times I purely want to just solo the selected object(s), and nothing else in the hierarchy. Keeping the lights/cams is convenient but I'd prefer that to not always be the case.
  • Can the plugin behavior simply hide every object, camera, mograph, etc., unless selected, whenever you choose to isolate? Many times I purely want to just solo the selected object(s), and nothing else in the hierarchy. Keeping the lights/cams is convenient but I'd prefer that to not always be the case.
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the interest in the plugin. I think the functionality already exist in native(viewport solo) and Magic Solo from Nitro4D. The feature that you had request will defeat the main purpose of this plugin as Isolate tools is purely design for lighting and isolating an object without affecting lights and vice versa. Also, if you had download the latest 1.5 or 1.5a there is a function where you can deselect hierarchy on the object as well as light, this will isolate only selected object not the whole hierarchy. 
  • Hi I've just noticed another issue with coming out of the isolation mode. I hadn't noticed this before now but I'm working on a project with lots of materials. 

The materials do not get returned to the layers, same as my previous but the materials. 

Put some materials into some layers and you'll see after hitting isolate they are returned to 'NO LAYER' apart from the one on the object you isolated. 
  • Hi I've just noticed another issue with coming out of the isolation mode. I hadn't noticed this before now but I'm working on a project with lots of materials. 

The materials do not get returned to the layers, same as my previous but the materials. 

Put some materials into some layers and you'll see after hitting isolate they are returned to 'NO LAYER' apart from the one on the object you isolated. 
    Hi michael,
    sorry for the late reply. Yeah, this is very interesting features that will take a look into it. Will try to get it fix as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that the layer features are still in beta
  • Hello, it does not support C4D 2024?
  • Not working in 2024
  • Hi, your plugin not working in C4D 2024 and also has a bug in 2023 because when I have in scene shader with emission and try to isolate light I see the isolate light but also see the emission.Would be great to exclude the emission also.
  • Hi, your plugin not working in C4D 2024 and also has a bug in 2023 because when I have in scene shader with emission and try to isolate light I see the isolate light but also see the emission.Would be great to exclude the emission also.
    Download the updated version 2.0.1a for 2024. Shader with emmision material will not be isolated along with light as it was not a part of light object, It is not a feature implemented to it so it is not a bug. Anyway great idea.
  • Not working in 2024
    Download the updated version 2.0.1a for 2024.
  • Hello, it does not support C4D 2024?
    Download the updated version 2.0.1a for 2024.