• when this works, it's great.  Othewise. I spend my days and nights trying to figure out why it's rendering a white screen and/or why it chooses to not render some layers (it rendered previously). Then I spend my days and nights rebuilding it until it finally works - using the same elements.   So, clearly this plug-in is plagued by bugs that will have you pulling out your hair.  Be prepared.  
  • when this works, it's great.  Othewise. I spend my days and nights trying to figure out why it's rendering a white screen and/or why it chooses to not render some layers (it rendered previously). Then I spend my days and nights rebuilding it until it finally works - using the same elements.   So, clearly this plug-in is plagued by bugs that will have you pulling out your hair.  Be prepared.  
    hi Tara, sorry to hear that. If you have a problem with a project again would you mind sharing it?
  • Hi Hernan! May I know if the animation generated by Bodymovin is responsive? E.g. responsive HTML5 animated banners
  • Hello, Does Bodymovin support gradients?
    I'd like to create my art in Illustrator, import the assets to After Effects, and export final animation to SVG.
    Anyone have experience with gradients?
  • I do not know what happens that the same files as before if they worked when exporting it as a PNG sequence now they no longer work, it does not export the .json file well
    It does the whole process until it is "done" and when you want to view it, the container is empty
  • Don't hate me, but does this plugin exist in Apple Motion, or other non-Adobe software? Or some software / plugin to edit animations and export them in lottie?
    I can't believe this technology is only for AE
  • Something strange just happened. My Bodymovin doesn't see any compositions to render. I have tried reinstall the plugin and restart aftereffects many times. Allow scripts to access network is checked. What else can be a problem? image
  • Hey bodymovin Crowd & @HernanTorrisi,
    in case I missed it and the topic is old, but anybody could catch some experiences with this error code:

Error: <rect> attribute transform: Expected number, "matrix(NaN,NaN,NaN,NaN,…"

The browser console is generating this for me and producing for my clients plenty of issues. 
    I tried almost everything to clean up the project, but this was not the solution and the problem is still here.
    I will be very thankful for some ideas!
    cheers
  • i could fixed it! 
    Never use a mask on a shape layer
  • Hi there, 

When import JSON via Bodymovin it doing it once and after the IMPORT LOCAL FILE button doesn't work need to close and open the Bodymovin extension. 

Thank you
  • Hi Hernan, 

It seems that there is an issue on exporting to rive for resent versions, have to go back to 5.6.10 to be able to export to RIVE. When using the recent (or the latest) versions it show a warning that you need to check if Scripts are allowed even it is and it's failed, while version 5.6.10 works perfectly fine. Probably just a simple fix, but maybe not, have no clue :) 
  • Is there any way of batch exporting from Bodymovin without having to click to select all the comps one by one and click again to set the destination folder? I've enabled 'Use AE location' in project settings but that doesn't seem to help.
  • Hi everyone, had anyone had experience before using Bodymovin Lottie to export HTML5 animations for Google Ads? That are compatible with Google Ads specs. I've been using the software Google Web Designer, that looks like a limited After Effects, but I would like to try to solve all my Google Ads/banners animations inside AE using Bodymovin. Thanks.
  • I just installed the latest version and I am using AE 2020. All of the sudden nothing works. I can not render anything. No list of comps is showing up. What is going on?
  • Sonia San said:

I can't get it to work. It is version 5.7.1. I have managed to install it with the zxp but I get a large gray box. I need this plugin but I don't know what to try anymore.
    Any solution for that? Same happening here. After Effects CC2015. In theory it is compatilble.

• I am using After effects and bodymovin plugin to export my png sequences, plugin is working fine but when render is done. after that output is not showing up.

Kindly please help me.
  • Sonia San said:

I can't get it to work. It is version 5.7.1. I have managed to install it with the zxp but I get a large gray box. I need this plugin but I don't know what to try anymore.

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/
  • Hello! We've been submitting SVG animations to a client who recently began testing for Accessibility adherence. The testing service/process they use keeps flagging errors around the aria-label property.

Direct quote: "it should NOT use “aria-label” with <g> tag;  it needs to remove the aria-label attribute."

Is there a way to remove this from all future animation outputs via the bodymovin interface, or does this require manual deletion within the code for every single animation?

Thanks.
  • Hello! We've been submitting SVG animations to a client who recently began testing for Accessibility adherence. The testing service/process they use keeps flagging errors around the aria-label property.

Direct quote: "it should NOT use “aria-label” with <g> tag;  it needs to remove the aria-label attribute."

Is there a way to remove this from all future animation outputs via the bodymovin interface, or does this require manual deletion within the code for every single animation?

Thanks.
    Hi, I suppose you are using text layers. Unfortunately this is done automatically and can't be overwritten. I'll add support for it on an upcoming version.
    Do you know why it should not use aria-label on a g tag?
  • Special German AE Problem:
    In case you only get black and white gradients change the name of "Verlaufsfüllung" to something else without umlaut!! And don't forget to save before rendering to Lottie.

• Hi Herman,

Would it be possible for you to create a version of this that works with DaVinci Resolve/Fusion? Perhaps it can be done using Python or Lua:

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/UserManuals/Fusion8_Scripting_Guide.pdf

• I am facing this weird issue of blurred animation in google Chrome. Firefox and safari is showing super crisp vector animation but in chrome it looks blurry.
    I made a proper vector animations in AE and exported through Bodymovin's latest version. Not sure what the issue is. Could you guys please help me out?

• Does Bodymovin work on M1 Apple chips? Need to get a laptop but need Bodymovin for my workflow. Thanks!
  • Hi, I am having an issue where it's exporting the image with the wrong filename (some random numbers and underscores) when I try to use "Original Asset Names". What can be causing this?
  • Hey all, having a weird issue that has appeared with the latest version of Bodymovin while i try to export editable text that has the source text animated.

Currently the numbers are all stacking on top of one another, but previously this used to look as it should. Is this perhaps a known issue with a simple fix? Any extra info can be given if wanted.

Thank you so much for any help!
  • Hi, can i create 30 seconds or longer file animation json export using this plugin ? pls help
  • Hi, can i create 30 seconds or longer file animation json export using this plugin ? pls help
    Yes, you should be able to give it virtually any duration you want
  • G'day all, I'm using version 5.7.12 but when tested in the production environment, it does not render correctly. The developer wants it done in version 5.7.4 which has worked well in the past. Is it possible to download and use this older version?
  • Thank you so much for this extension! Most things are working well but I am having an issue with exporting lottie animations when there is one or more audio files in the composition. It will crash AE when it gets to the Exporting Images part of the export. I am using Bodymovin 5.9.6 and AE 2022 and have tried Mac and Windows computers and different animations and all have the same result. Every once-in-awhile it will start working for a little bit but then will start crashing again. Thanks again!
  • Thank you for this extension! life saver when delivery got changed from mp4 to html5.

Feature req: some way to save export settings or batch set export setting / location.

Edit- i see where you can remember settings and then apply them. Would still be hugely helpful when exporting many versions to be able to select all exports and apply with 1 click.
  • Version 5.9.6 do not show compositions on panel. My Ae Version is 22.6

• Feature Request:
    Are you planning to integrate Dotlottie File Format into the next version?
  • destination link is way too long and it's better to have enough room to see the composition's name rather than it's destination

Thanks 
  • Hi, I have some shape layers scaling proportionally, same valeu in X and Y but when I export them with Bodymovin they do not scale proportionally. Thanks
  • I keep getting
    • Source: CLICK_TAG_HARD_CODED found in lottie_svg.min.js: GET
    when I run it through the DoubleClick Manager HTML5 Validator. Anybody have a solution for this? Thank you.
  • anyone else having render problems using a Track Matte (alpha setting) with After Effects 2023? My animation doesn't start rendering and just hangs with no error message. When turning off the track matte it renders. 
  • Hey, does bodymovin is able to export png sequence into json files ? 
  • Would it be possible to update BodyMovin to work with the new AE2023 alpha matte system, where multiple layers can have a single alpha matte? I tested it today and it still only works with one matte per layer (and they do have to be above the layer still).

That would be super handy!

Thanks
  • I'm using the After Effects Tint and Gaussian Blur effects in my comp. When I preview it locally in the test html file the effects don't appear. When I upload my .json file to my account at app.lottiefiles.com, the file appears as it should with the effects working correctly. Is there something I'm missing here?
  • I keep getting
    • Source: CLICK_TAG_HARD_CODED found in lottie_svg.min.js: GET
    when I run it through the DoubleClick Manager HTML5 Validator. Anybody have a solution for this? Thank you.
    Just use the "cdnjs" option for "Lottie Library Orgin"
  • Is there support for gradients(linear/radial) in shape layer?
  • Latest version is not liking masks at all. Only renders correctly when no masks are being used & previewing the rendered file crashes the plugin.

Version 5.10 and After Effects 203.0.0 (Build 59)
  • the new track masks by layer index feature in version 5.10 didn't work,  I'm using the latest AE version
  • Hi! I was wondering if there is documentation for the plugin? I am trying to figure out the usage of all the options it offers but I can't find any explanations for for features such as annotation, metadata, custom properties... Please let me know!  

Additionally you mention that more and more expressions are supported, and if we have a problem with one to contact you - I was wandering if the linear expression can be made to work?

Thanks in advance!
  • the "NEW" features - offset paths and ZigZag - do not render using the new version - are there any special circumstances where it does work?
    Also the new track mattes in AE2023 is unusable... have no idea how to get it to work - and the when get a report I get a message that "hidden layers are not supported in IOS and Android" while prior version of bodymovin were exporting mattes that worked on IOS and Android...
  • Can anyone help me here. I have an export and demo that is working perfectly in the demo.html file: 
    Viewable here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6nmjo3l9ur84ql/AABzmZEQx6dyHndLmx3-KhwZa?dl=1

But when I add the player and json file to my dev site, I get nothing… 
    You'll see a "lottie" div in here if you inspect… https://staging--sl-cri-staging.netlify.app/bodymovin/

Been pulling my hair out on this one. Hopefully someone can help! 

• Dan Flynn said:
    Can anyone help me here. I have an export and demo that is working perfectly in the demo.html file: 
    Viewable here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6nmjo3l9ur84ql/AABzmZEQx6dyHndLmx3-KhwZa?dl=1

But when I add the player and json file to my dev site, I get nothing… 
    You'll see a "lottie" div in here if you inspect… https://staging--sl-cri-staging.netlify.app/bodymovin/

Been pulling my hair out on this one. Hopefully someone can help! 

Hi, can you share some more information? How are you loading the animation on your site?
  • Using Bodymovin for about 3+ years in my work, and just want to say thanks to Hernan Torrisi! You did a great job! 
  • How to change the password if the current one is written incorrectly?
  • I bought the plugin and can't install it because I don't remember my password. And to change it, you need to enter the current password that I forgot. I urgently need help!