Batch process videos (or comps) with an overlay?
  • Does anyone know of a script (or even a stand-alone program) that will allow you to batch process hundreds of videos, adding a video/graphic overlay to all of them?

Thanks!
  • Tim K K said:
    Does anyone know of a script (or even a stand-alone program) that will allow you to batch process hundreds of videos, adding a video/graphic overlay to all of them?

Thanks!

We do! https://aescripts.com/after-effects/automation/versioning/
  • Thank you, Lloyd!  Going to check it now!  

All the best.
  • Hmmm, sorry, but unless I am just being a moron (which is certainly possible!), I don't see anything in that category that applies to what I am trying to do.
  • All of those tools will batch process videos, you simply need to create a template project with the overlays you want and feed it a list of videos (and any other customizations you want) via spreadsheet or database (depending on the tool).
  • Ok, thanks.  Any opinion on which would be the simplest to use? 
  • They are all pretty easy to use, just watch the tutorial video to see how they work. They also have free trials.
  • I've looked at them, and they don't seem to have what I need.  For example, MoDeck (first three) are for creating MOGRTS (which I can't use), True Comp Duplicator does not have anything close to that functionality, another is for importing spreadsheet data, the Templater items are subscriptions and seem way too complicated and overkill.

What am I missing?
  • I'm surprised Media Encoder doesn't have something simple like this, honestly.
  • Check out CompsFromSpreadsheet
  • Unfortunately I am on CS6, and it is not compatible.  Many of the others are CS6 compatible, but seem over-complicated for what I want to do.

How about this: Is there a script that will add a comp (or footage with alpha channel) as the top layer to ALL selected comps?

If so, I could simply import all my videos, drag them to the comp icon and automatically create comps for all videos, then select all the comps and run the script (if it exists).
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions