• it should named No Tutorial Monkey
  • it should named No Tutorial Monkey

Good point, but we thought users might one day demand one, so we decided against it
  • Opted for the trial at first..I clicked for the plugin in the windows tab to activate trial..then typed text on the text pane..and clicked GO! nothing happened..made a text layer with the same words and pressed GO! still nothing happened..what did i do wrong?
  • Hey Lloyd- I’m assuming you installed the GoType folder into the scriptsuipanels panels folder as well? If so- just open a support ticket and we’ll figure it out- we haven’t heard any complaints like this yet so I’m going to assume it’s something on your end. -oz
  • To those that may find that the script isn't working, make sure to always have the "Pipe" symbol (|) included at the end, even if only using one line of text.
  • To those that may find that the script isn't working, make sure to always have the "Pipe" symbol (|) included at the end, even if only using one line of text.
    Thanks James - it might be only a trial mode thing...we're looking into it.
  • It would be highly appreciated if the instructions on "How to Install" matches the content you provide. In GoType folder when we unzip, it has Effects Control Folder in side it but when we try to run the script, it ask for GoType folder.

Strangely, GoType folder has jsx file in side it so the instruction must be "Cut  JSX file and paste it inside Script UI folder and then copy entire GoType folder to the same location.
  • This GoType thing does nothing at all in trial mode. Wonder why you are offering to run as a test? I wanted this tool so badly but have to wait until some real magic comes. Not worth to even take a look.
  • This GoType thing does nothing at all in trial mode. Wonder why you are offering to run as a test? I wanted this tool so badly but have to wait until some real magic comes. Not worth to even take a look.
    Hey Raju- The trial version had a bug that we fixed.. Apparently it only worked when a pipe key ( | ) was inserted into the text panel...try to download the new version.

Sorry about that...sometimes these things happen when you launch a new product.
  • It would be highly appreciated if the instructions on "How to Install" matches the content you provide. In GoType folder when we unzip, it has Effects Control Folder in side it but when we try to run the script, it ask for GoType folder.

Strangely, GoType folder has jsx file in side it so the instruction must be "Cut  JSX file and paste it inside Script UI folder and then copy entire GoType folder to the same location.

To install GoType as a dockable panel, drag the GoType.jsxbin file and the GoType folder into After Effects/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels (MAC) or After Effects/Support Files/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels (Windows) and restart After Effects.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 10.51.24 AM.png
    1000 x 246 - 78K
  • People are so quick to complain about free stuff when a solution is there if asked - new releases most always have small kinks to work out.  Also, Orrin releases some of the most heavy hitting tools out there and I feel at this point we just need to assume it's amazing when it comes from these guys.  Sorry for the small vent but wanted to throw some appreciation out there for what you do for everyone!  
  • People are so quick to complain about free stuff when a solution is there if asked - new releases most always have small kinks to work out.  Also, Orrin releases some of the most heavy hitting tools out there and I feel at this point we just need to assume it's amazing when it comes from these guys.  Sorry for the small vent but wanted to throw some appreciation out there for what you do for everyone!  
    Thanks Brandon...yeah, these things do happen. Dan and I totally appreciate your kind words.
    -oz
  • Purchased this. I can change WHEN an animation starts, but I can't change when it ends. What am I missing? 

I can see the little marker that let's me change when the text comes in, but I just paid $15 to waste 20 minutes looking for something I could have done by hand in 5 minutes. 
  • Purchased this. I can change WHEN an animation starts, but I can't change when it ends. What am I missing? 

I can see the little marker that let's me change when the text comes in, but I just paid $15 to waste 20 minutes looking for something I could have done by hand in 5 minutes. 
    Hey Eric-  The easiest way to change the timing is just to rebuild it and extend the Hold time...it should just take a couple seconds.

Hey Eric-  The easiest way to change the timing is just to rebuild it and extend the Hold time...it should just take a couple seconds.

i need it to last 10 seconds. I type in 10. 
    The timelength of the new layer is now a bit over one second.

I go back to try milliseconds maybe? Nope. The layer is too long.
    I try to time stretch the layer, but the animation is affected.

This didn't take a couple seconds.

I just DON'T understand why you made a script that is supposed to facilitate easy text animation and you leave out setting the duration of the time of text oncscreen.

i need it to last 10 seconds. I type in 10. 
    The timelength of the new layer is now a bit over one second.

I go back to try milliseconds maybe? Nope. The layer is too long.
    I try to time stretch the layer, but the animation is affected.

This didn't take a couple seconds.

I just DON'T understand why you made a script that is supposed to facilitate easy text animation and you leave out setting the duration of the time of text oncscreen.

Those are frames...try entering 300 (or 10x whatever your frame rate is).
  • BTW- feel free to open a support ticket and I'd be happy to answer specific questions.