• Hello.
    This is a great script!
    Do you have any plans for Japanese language support?
    There are many Japanese users, so I am very excited.
  • Hello.
    This is a great script!
    Do you have any plans for Japanese language support?
    There are many Japanese users, so I am very excited.
    Hi Kento,

QM should work fine on a AE japanese installation! if not please open a support ticket. I guess you refer to Menu Commands feature, if you want to use this feature you will have to translate all menu commands to the japanese language or at least the ones you use most often, you can do so in the Menu Commands Editor in the Settings Window. If you need more help with that just me know in a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar

• HI, for some reason while QM finds the scripts installed in the the in the "window" menu, but all the scripts that come up in the Window>extensions are not found... is this normal? should I add some sort of opttion for that to work?

• HI, for some reason while QM finds the scripts installed in the the in the "window" menu, but all the scripts that come up in the Window>extensions are not found... is this normal? should I add some sort of opttion for that to work?

Hi Llya,

Yes, that's how it should be and unfortunately there 's no option to force QM load them automatically. If you want to run Extensions with QM you should add them manually. it's pretty straight forward though. Please open a support ticket if you need more help with that.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I bought this and love it. I'll get set on fire by true motion designers for saying this, but I have zero interest in figuring out how to navigate the native AE landscape, I just want to use AE when I need it and not remember where everything is. Need a drop shadow? Quick Menu. Need a layer style? Quick Menu. Need to render? QM. 

This also saves me a ton of time because I can use it to do things that historically required clicking on menus. Being able to pre-render with a few keystrokes will probably add weeks to my life.

Thanks y'all, this plugin is dope.
  • Can this launch zxp installed plugins like Overlord?
  • Can this launch zxp installed plugins like Overlord?
    Hi Gavin,

If it appears under the Extensions submenu the answear is YES!!! IT CAN. Just make sure you add the Extension command name in the QM settings. If you need help with that just let me know but please open a support ticket and we'll follow up there.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • User Guide link in README is out of date
  • I've been getting the following error every time I start up since I got a new PC with CC2020, how can I fix it?

ERROR:@id_x00
    Line: 442
    TypeError:undefined is not an object

• I've been getting the following error every time I start up since I got a new PC with CC2020, how can I fix it?

ERROR:@id_x00
    Line: 442
    TypeError:undefined is not an object
    Sorry for the issue you are having with QM can you please open a support ticket and we'll follow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • I much prefer FXConsole. This one loads slowly and the UI is unattractive. It looks nothing like the Promo video.
    Functionally, it gives you access to way more. But practically I find it much clunkier to use.
  • How do I get it to stop showing "New versions disabled" when I hit the keystroke?
  • How do I get it to stop showing "New versions disabled" when I hit the keystroke?
    Hi Kes,

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open support ticket a ?

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • I have flow and motion bro extensions installed. Can I call flow from quick menu 2?
  • I have flow and motion bro extensions installed. Can I call flow from quick menu 2?
    Hi Avinash,

Yes, you can. Just make sure you add the extension command name in the QM settings. If you need help with that just let me know in a support ticket and we'll follow up there.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi, this is an honest question...
    If you'r on a mac, what difference does it makes to use this method?
    • Hit Command+Shift+/ to immediately open the Help menu, with the focus on the search box
    Thank you

• Hi, this is an honest question...
    If you'r on a mac, what difference does it makes to use this method?
    • Hit Command+Shift+/ to immediately open the Help menu, with the focus on the search box
    Thank you
    Hi Diego,

Sorry for the delay in answearing your question. Unfortunately I don't have a MAC so I don't know how that relates or compares to QM. But you can download and try QM to see if it helps in your AE workflow.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi, I just bought Quick Menu thinking it would be working with AE 2021 but apparently it's not.
    Is it scheduled ?

Thanks !

Clément
  • Hi, I just bought Quick Menu thinking it would be working with AE 2021 but apparently it's not.
    Is it scheduled ?

Thanks !

Clément
    Hi Clément,

Sorry for any issue you might be having with QM. Can you please open support ticket the more details the better I'd be able to help.

Thanks,
    Edgar
    Is it scheduled ?

Thanks !

Clément
    Hi Clément,

Sorry for any issue you might be having with QM. Can you please open support ticket the more details the better I'd be able to help.

Thanks,
    Edgar
    Thanks for your anwser.
    I found out that I didn't understand how the aescript app is working. I thought it was installing the script but then I installed "quick menu" manually (I don't understand this workflow but anyway ...) and now it works perfectly. Thanks.
  • Hi. This script looks awesome!

I have used FX Console regularly, but now I am taking a look at the Trial version of Quick Menu and I realize this can do way more.

Im really considering buying the script. I would like to know if QM will be able to run Presets from Animation Composer (A third party Plugin by MrHorse)... maybe through expressions? (I havent had the time to read all the QM User Guide yet...) This would be a game changer to my Workflow. What I would like to do is to be able to run these Presets throught shortcuts with the help of QM, then asign those shortcuts to a Stream Deck key.

It would be nice if you coud throw some light in order for this to works.

• Edgar Huanca thanks for making this great tool, can you please add a feature to a single click to apply, instead of having to hit enter key every time, just like in FX Console 
  • Edgar Huanca thanks for making this great tool, can you please add a feature to a single click to apply, instead of having to hit enter key every time, just like in FX Console 
    Hi Rafi,

I'll try to implement your request for the next mayor update which is coming out soon.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi, when I use the command to make a solid with QM2, it makes the layer in the project window, and not in the comp that's active. Is there a way to run the command so it makes the new solid in the comp like it does when I use layer>new solid?
  • Hi, when I use the command to make a solid with QM2, it makes the layer in the project window, and not in the comp that's active. Is there a way to run the command so it makes the new solid in the comp like it does when I use layer>new solid?
    Hi Chad,

Due to AE's scripting limitations some commands are not available, unfortunately the "Solid..." command is one of them but there's another command called "Solid.jsxbin" that does excatly the same as the default one.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Thanks Edgar! That worked!
    Hi, when I use the command to make a solid with QM2, it makes the layer in the project window, and not in the comp that's active. Is there a way to run the command so it makes the new solid in the comp like it does when I use layer>new solid?
    Hi Chad,

Due to AE's scripting limitations some commands are not available, unfortunately the "Solid..." command is one of them but there's another command called "Solid.jsxbin" that does excatly the same as the default one.

Cheers,
    Edgar

• does it work in AE 22?
  • does it work in AE 22?
    Hi Tasick,

Yes, it does. If you're having any issues with it. Please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Does this have a way to quickly export PNG/JPG of current frame? Like Video Copilot FX console.
  • Does this have a way to quickly export PNG/JPG of current frame? Like Video Copilot FX console.

Hi Ze'ev,

Unfortunately, it currentlydoes not. I'll put it in my "Feature Requests" list though  Maybe in a future version.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • i love it but, does it work with newer versions like 2022?
  • i love it but, does it work with newer versions like 2022?
    Hi Masoud,

Yes, it does. If you want, you can downlaod the trial version to test it and if you have any issue in Ae 2022 please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar