• Sure.  Was hoping this would have been simple.
  • Hi,
    I have a popup which says : Can't find preset file 'Easy Flip.xml'
    When i click on the preset menu. Did I not instal properly editmonkey ?
  • Hi,
    I have a popup which says : Can't find preset file 'Easy Flip.xml'
    When i click on the preset menu. Did I not instal properly editmonkey ?
    Forget my message, I didn't read properly the instructions.
  • Is there a scroll on the Panel? On a laptop, without making it be half the screen, I need to tuck the panel with the other panels to see my comp window and I can't seem to be able to see the options to change things? Am I just missing it? Is there a "light" version where the "Edit Monkey" image isn't so dominant to take up 1/3 of the Panel?
  • Is there a scroll on the Panel? On a laptop, without making it be half the screen, I need to tuck the panel with the other panels to see my comp window and I can't seem to be able to see the options to change things? Am I just missing it? Is there a "light" version where the "Edit Monkey" image isn't so dominant to take up 1/3 of the Panel?
    hey Jay- There is a headless version for cases like this- unfortunately as scroll bar is not technically possible. Open a support ticket and I'll hook you up
  • Hi, i can't figure out how to disable "motion out". I'd like to use juste "motion in" and then everything just stays in place. Any clue for me ? thx !
  • Hi, i can't figure out how to disable "motion out". I'd like to use juste "motion in" and then everything just stays in place. Any clue for me ? thx !
    Hey Fred- 
    Theres a preset called In Only - that should help-
    or you can just blow out the hold amount (any number past the length of your comp. If you have multiple pages then make sure your sequencer if off, otherwise it'll place each page end to end, so they'll extend well past the endpoint of your comp.

...or just use the preset.

:-)
  • In every Monkey tools that I have, using windows, why is it so clunky to select colors?   What am I doing wrong?  

The desired behavior would include at least a eyedropper feature...  At best it would be able to leverage the color libraries...

I am curious to know what other people are doing to make this go smoother...

Also, Let's say I have my desired colors selected, can I save this preset somewhere?
  • In every Monkey tools that I have, using windows, why is it so clunky to select colors?   What am I doing wrong?  

The desired behavior would include at least a eyedropper feature...  At best it would be able to leverage the color libraries...

I am curious to know what other people are doing to make this go smoother...

Also, Let's say I have my desired colors selected, can I save this preset somewhere?
    Hey Luc- we couldn’t agree more....we hear that pretty often. Sadly it’s not under our control, it’s an Adobe thing.

As far as saving color palettes, depending on the monkey you’re using, when you save the UI setting the color will be saved with it.

For a while Kuler allowed the export of .ase palletes, which we built into some monkey- but that’s been discontinued for some reason.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.
  • I am not a super user when it comes to Ae and this is my first monkey so it is possible there is a solution for this that I am unaware of so far but a feature that seems like it would nice to have with this plugin would be to see the 'in' and 'out' markers (or keyframes) for when the transition is going into effect. I want to re-time bits of the animation the plugin has produced but so far I am having to guess at when these in/outs are occurring. Overall, I think its a great plugin and a good introduction (in my case) to the product line!
  • I am not a super user when it comes to Ae and this is my first monkey so it is possible there is a solution for this that I am unaware of so far but a feature that seems like it would nice to have with this plugin would be to see the 'in' and 'out' markers (or keyframes) for when the transition is going into effect. I want to re-time bits of the animation the plugin has produced but so far I am having to guess at when these in/outs are occurring. Overall, I think its a great plugin and a good introduction (in my case) to the product line!

Hey Zak- thanks for the note.
    The problem with that approach is that it would make the marker layer really confusing - and probably mess up the marker sync feature (which,if you haven’t played with yet you really should- it’s great...and might be the thing you need to get the exact timings you’re looking for).
    If you need help, open a support ticket and I’ll help you out.
  • Quite simply one of the most fantastic, amazing scripts out there!  It is a must have!
    Thanks Duane! You've been quoted!!
  • I recently moved from a MacBook pro to a SurfaceBook Pro and I am having troubles launching Edit Monkey. I was able to register my copy of Shape Monkey and Motion Monkey. Is there a step that I am missing? Here are the errors I receive:

Script Alert - TypeError: undefined is not an object

Unable to execute script at line 1. undefined is not an object

Thanks,
    Ken
  • I recently moved from a MacBook pro to a SurfaceBook Pro and I am having troubles launching Edit Monkey. I was able to register my copy of Shape Monkey and Motion Monkey. Is there a step that I am missing? Here are the errors I receive:

Thanks,
    Ken
    Hey Ken- did you try deleting it and just doing a clean install from a new download? Make sure you copy the whole folder with the psi”uedo effects too...they have to keep the same file structure.
    Hope that helps

Thanks,
    Ken
    Hey Ken- did you try deleting it and just doing a clean install from a new download? Make sure you copy the whole folder with the psi”uedo effects too...they have to keep the same file structure. Hope that helps
    THAT DID IT!! I thought the replace option when dragging over would do it, but maybe it had to do something with the pseudo folder. Thanks again
  • Hi - Does Edit Monkey include similar functionality to the TextExploder Script from MamoWorld?
  • Hi - Does Edit Monkey include similar functionality to the TextExploder Script from MamoWorld?

Hi Robert-I’m not all that familiar with text exploder, but if your asking if it splits text into letters, words and lines, yes it does...download a free trial and check it out
  • Any way to undo back to the original layers after you've done several things after the "do it" button?
  • Unlike other Monkey plugins, Edit Monkey does not have an Undo It button... need it.
  • Tom Van said:

Unlike other Monkey plugins, Edit Monkey does not have an Undo It button... need it.

Hey Tim- try downloading the layer cleaner on the faq page- let me know if that works for you
  • Unlike other Monkey plugins, Edit Monkey does not have an Undo It button... need it.
    Hey Tim- try downloading the layer cleaner on the faq page- let me know if that works for you
    Perfect!  Thanks Orrin.  Any reason why this wasn't built in like the rest of your scripts?
  • Tom Van said:
    Unlike other Monkey plugins, Edit Monkey does not have an Undo It button... need it.
    Perfect!  Thanks Orrin.  Any reason why this wasn't built in like the rest of your scripts?
    Theres a few reasons -  since EditMonkey works with many other sources (text, etc), restoring layers isn't  a universal issue, so we thought it might be confusing to only have it work in specific instances...also we were cramming for space...and... we didnt really think of it till after it came out ;-)
  • OK, so I'm using the 'In Only' preset, but I want the in for each layer staggered, so its a sequential build. So that would mean using the sequencer? But then the layers come in way too late. What am I missing? I just want a sequential build and then everything stays in place, like Fred below was asking for. Every time I try to make a build using the sequencer the first layers on disappear before the build is finished (motion out is off)... this can't be right?
  • OK, so I'm using the 'In Only' preset, but I want the in for each layer staggered, so its a sequential build. So that would mean using the sequencer? But then the layers come in way too late. What am I missing? I just want a sequential build and then everything stays in place, like Fred below was asking for. Every time I try to make a build using the sequencer the first layers on disappear before the build is finished (motion out is off)... this can't be right?
    Hey Shannon- Could you open a support ticket and send me a frame grab of your screen...it'll make it a bit more concrete for me...gotta see what you're looking at. I'm a visual guy.

thx. -oz
    Hey Shannon- Could you open a support ticket and send me a frame grab of your screen...it'll make it a bit more concrete for me...gotta see what you're looking at. I'm a visual guy.

thx. -oz
    BTW- if I were to guess without seeing your set up, I'd suggest keeping the Sequencer Off and adjusting the Layer Offset.
  • In the demo videos I see the use of AI files.  Will PSD files work as well?
  • In the demo videos I see the use of AI files.  Will PSD files work as well?

Yup!
  • Any suggestions about how to use Edit Monkey with textsyncr 2 for creating a lyric video?

Textsyncr has successfully laid down markers for each word in a 30 second clip.
    But if I paste that into text monkey's text box and check off Marker Sync, instead of filling the 30 seconds, the words animate on over the first few seconds.

It looks like everything that's not separated by two Carriage Returns (a line plus a space) is treated as a single unit (or page), so if you have 200 words broken into 20 sentences, but you only have a double carriage return after every four sentences, that's getting treated as only 4 pages - thus those 200 words get aligned to the first 4 markers (which correspond to the first 4 words in textsyncr).

Do I have that right?
    And if so, can you suggest a good workflow?
    I guess one is to place two carriage returns after every single word if I really want those synced to the original soundtrack.

Another might be to break these into logical 'pages' of one or two sentences each and then manually remove all of the markers except the ones that correspond to the first word of each sentence (which is then set off by two carriage returns).

Both of those methods will add a lot of tedium to my project, so was hoping there's a simpler way that I just missed. Would appreciate any help / suggestions.

Thanks.

• Any suggestions about how to use Edit Monkey with textsyncr 2 for creating a lyric video?

But if I paste that into text monkey's text box and check off Marker Sync, instead of filling the 30 seconds, the words animate on over the first few seconds.

It looks like everything that's not separated by two Carriage Returns (a line plus a space) is treated as a single unit (or page), so if you have 200 words broken into 20 sentences, but you only have a double carriage return after every four sentences, that's getting treated as only 4 pages - thus those 200 words get aligned to the first 4 markers (which correspond to the first 4 words in textsyncr).

Do I have that right?
    I guess one is to place two carriage returns after every single word if I really want those synced to the original soundtrack.

Another might be to break these into logical 'pages' of one or two sentences each and then manually remove all of the markers except the ones that correspond to the first word of each sentence (which is then set off by two carriage returns).

Both of those methods will add a lot of tedium to my project, so was hoping there's a simpler way that I just missed. Would appreciate any help / suggestions.

Thanks.

Hey Robert- Could you open a support ticket and send me what you're looking at...or the project and a xml of the saved UI..it'll make more sense to me once I see it.
    Thanks
    -oz
  • Thanks Orrin. I submitted a ticket with the After Effects file along with text, audio, some screenshots, and descriptions of what I'm seeing.  Appreciate any guidance you can offer here or via email / ticket.
  • Just started using Edit monkey - love it.

support ticket coming for some advise.
  • Is EditMonkey able to do most or all of what the new MonkeyWords scripts does? If not, can you explain the added functionality / use cases where Monkey Words would offer an advantage? (already own Edit Monkey)  - Thank you for your great scripts!   
  • 1. Is EditMonkey like a mix between MonkeyWords & MotionMonkey? I'm trying to figure out which Monkeys to select for my bundle...

2. I would like to hear the answer to Robert's question. :) I need to make a lyric video in the next couple weeks.

Any suggestions about how to use Edit Monkey with textsyncr 2 for creating a lyric video?

Do I have that right?

Thanks.

Hey Robert- Could you open a support ticket and send me what you're looking at...or the project and a xml of the saved UI..it'll make more sense to me once I see it.
    Thanks
    -oz

• AE 2022 compatible? 
  • AE 2022 compatible? 

Yes sir!
  • Hi gents, I've  been testing EditMonkey along with a few of your other scripts and are looking to purchase as a bundle, plethora of project uses. 
    Quick tutorial question- EditMonkey Tutorial 2 demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxR_XL1PdzU) is great, but a little light on explanation. Are there tutorial files or any deeper explanation as to how you set up the incoming layers? 
    Thanks in advance! --rob