Project Notes
  • Seemed to install fine but nothing happens when I hit either File or CMD menu button. The button itself hilites but nothing comes up. It works fine on another system though. Could it be something to do with Maverick?

AE CS6
    Mac 10.9.2
  • The button itself hilites but nothing comes up. If this is CMD button only, please check setting. (? -> Advance)
    1. Please check  "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" option. It option must ON.
    2. If it's ON and don't work, Please rename(Save the original file) or delete your preference files. (ex: Adobe After Effects 11.0-x64 Prefs)
    And restart AE.
    If Project Notes don't work, please tell me again and show me your screenshot.
    Thank you for reporting!
  • Thanks for getting back so quickly. Oddly enough it started working after a second restart of AE. I restarted AE again and then it didn't work. I realized that the issue is that it doesn't work if you just open AE. You need something in the project window for it to work.

The script is great. The only thing I would say is that it would be even better if the notes moved with the project (as the name infers) instead of AE itself. Currently it isn't "project notes" as much as its a notepad for AE. We work off of a central server and got excited thinking that if designer A opens an AE project and enters notes, designer B would see the notes when he opened the job at his workstation but that isn't the case. It would be great if there was an option to have it "listen" for a note file that existed in the root of the project file you are opening. 
  • I realized that the issue is that it doesn't work if you just open AE.
    This problem is Mac 10.9.2 CS6 only, OK? If your CS6 is not the latest version(11.0.x), please update.
    I will investigate and fix it. Please wait for update.

And I think the concept is similar to your idea. 
    In future updates, read and write to aep xmp metadata.

Thank you.
  • Thanks for getting back so quickly. Oddly enough it started working after a second restart of AE. I restarted AE again and then it didn't work. I realized that the issue is that it doesn't work if you just open AE. You need something in the project window for it to work.
    We are not seeing this behavior here. Can you open a support ticket and upload a screencast showing this problem? You can use this free tool to make the screencast.
  • don't work in after effects cs5.5 when hit enter key, don't let write again, please fix it,I just bought it
  • don't work in after effects cs5.5 when hit enter key, don't let write again, please fix it,I just bought it
    Hi, What is your OS? 
  • Hi guys. I realized that I never got back to you. I'm not sure what's different now but the behaviour seems to have gone away.
  • Windows 7 
    I check it, if you want to return CS5/CS5.5, you hit Ctrl + Enter.
    CS5 and CS5.5's UI have any problems, this problem is one of them.

Thank you.
  • when i load the notes the all disappear except for the default one.
    Thank you for your report. I am looking for a bug.

1. Your say's load is "File -> Load" is OK?
    2. Does save, import, export, work?

Thank you.

• Sometimes it works, but not always. Save, import and export work. I mean File > Load deletes all the notes except the default one.
    Edit: With CMD options ON the load function deletes all the notes except the default one, if it's off everything works
    Thank you. Please wait for fixs.
  • On AE CS6, Mavericks - text in the note cannot be copied to the clipboard. You can paste text into the note but then if you want to use this for, say, text layers, you have to just look at the note and write the text manually.  Serious shortcoming and slightly misleading if this is by design - demo video shows pasting so I assumed copying would also function as normal.

Disappointing
  • Hi, 

Is it reproduce, even after you restart?
    I check and currect.
    Thank you for your report.
  • It seems to be a bug. I've restarted and now the behaviour is that I can copy text but it only copies to the system clipboard.  If I switch to a text editor app and hit paste, I get my correctly copied text, and I can then switch back to AE and also correctly paste. However, if I copy and paste directly into a text layer without leaving AE, I get the last item that was in the clipboard.

Thanks for responding quickly
  • Any progress on this bug?
  • Sorry for the delay. CS6's copy bug is After Effects CS6's bug. So I can't fix it.
    However, Next 3.2.0 update add "copy" command. Copy command can copy all text to clipbord.(It can't copy selected text)
    And also add new features some. Please wait update.
    It will be published during this month.
    Thank you.
  • Great, thanks!
    I can't seem to get the 'Save in Project' to function with AE CS6 - is that a CC only feature?
  • Save in Project is supported all version.
    Do you select File -> "Write (XMP)"? (NOT "Save (XML)")
    If next update it is not working, please write here.
    Thank you.
  • Hi,

Update 3.2.0
    Show Date modified(XML).
    Add "Copy Text" Command.
    Low listitems height.
    Fixed UI.
    Optimization at After Effects CC 2014.1.
    Add shortcut.
    ("Save to XML" button)
    Ctrl(Command)+Click save note to XML.
    Shift+Click delete note to XML.
    ("Save in Project" button)
    Ctrl(Command)+Click save current note to XMP.
    Shift+Click delete current note to XMP.
    (XML & XMP list)
    Ctrl(Command)+DoubleClick save selected note to XMP.
    Shift+DoubleClick delete selected note to XMP.

Read pdf file include zip.
    Thank you.
  • Hi, 

Just installed version 3.2, however, I seem to be missing the '?' icon that you show in the Demo video.  As such, I cannot access the Project Notes Preferences. Can you please advise? 
  • Nevermind, my mistake!  I see that it has moved to the lower right corner. 
  • is it compatible with cc 2019 ?
  • Project Note> I cannot turn it off. clicking (x) is useless: error after opening it with run script. After effect 2020
  • Hello: I want to write Vietnamese with special characters: for example, "chúc bạn buổi sáng tốt lành". I think that, if adding the code encoding: UTF-8, it will work
  • Can you elaborate on how the "Save in Project" feature is suppose to work. I have not been able to find any information on it in the accompanied plug-in document. I assume it is suppose to write the note to the AE file, under the project panel?

I want to only see the notes for the AE file, not all of the notes across multiple files. 

Thank you!
  • Joe Burke said:
    Can you elaborate on how the "Save in Project" feature is suppose to work. I have not been able to find any information on it in the accompanied plug-in document. I assume it is suppose to write the note to the AE file, under the project panel?

I want to only see the notes for the AE file, not all of the notes across multiple files. 

Thank you!
    Wow! This is SUPER important. As you should be able to access notes regarding Expressions within every AE project. Some notes are specific to only certain projects and should be saved and appear accordingly. So, this issue is not addressed it? Then when will it be fixed?
  • Joe Burke said:
    Can you elaborate on how the "Save in Project" feature is suppose to work. I have not been able to find any information on it in the accompanied plug-in document. I assume it is suppose to write the note to the AE file, under the project panel?

Thank you!
    Hey! It's in the PDF, but not overly obvious. I was looking for the same solution. So, here it is:

To save in the project file instead of XML, use the File -> Write to XMP function list. It's at the bottom of the list! There's Write/Delete/Load. Similar to XML, but XMP will embed it in the AEP file. 

Hope that helps!
  • Hello there, I'm interested in buying this preset.
    Is there any possibility of creating sub-notes under the notes ? (like for example folders and subfolders)