• asdf fdsa said:
    Waiting for the AE2021 version :)
    KeyFast should be working in AE 2021 :)
  • Max Allen said:
    This is probably a silly little thing, and I love the plugin, but is there any way to add a option so that the button menu is placed horizontally rather than vertically? Or run vertically in a single line? I know some plugins that scale or re-arrange the buttons based on where they are placed in your AE UI and was wondering if this functionality could be added?
    Hey Max,
    Definitely :)

There is a setting for that (if you click on the gear in the bottom right corner of KeyFast)
  • Feature request! I would pay good money to have the overshoot toggle be on the main UI. I often need to turn it on and off all the time. Putting it on the main UI or even a modifier button which would automatically add overshoot would be so handy (e.g. alt+ slide right to slide right with overshoot)

Ohh I like that! Thank you for the feature suggestion. 
  • Any chance of this being updated for V22?
  • Hovering over the Stagger Layers button, it shows that if you hold the Apple key while pressing that button, it will stagger the keyframes.  Is that correct?  I'm on Windows 10, and that functionality doesn't work.  I press the Windows key while pressing the Stagger Layers button with a single shape layer with multiple keyframed properties, and nothing happens.  How do you stagger keyframes, instead of whole layers?
  • I love this script so much it's my absolute favourite.

I've discovered that if you hold alt(option) you can adjust the amount of pixels to slide, degrees to rotate etc.

I love this feature, I wondered if you could add an alt function on the opacity fade that lets you specify the duration?

Thanks!
  • Any chance of this being updated for V22?
    Hi Adam, I haven’t tested KeyFast yet on 2022, but I don’t foresee any problems. 

Please let me know if you spot any AE 2022 bugs :)
  • Hovering over the Stagger Layers button, it shows that if you hold the Apple key while pressing that button, it will stagger the keyframes.  Is that correct?  I'm on Windows 10, and that functionality doesn't work.  I press the Windows key while pressing the Stagger Layers button with a single shape layer with multiple keyframed properties, and nothing happens.  How do you stagger keyframes, instead of whole layers?

Hi Samantha, I believe that pressing command (mac) or control (windows) should give you the result you’re looking for Thanks!
  • I love this script so much it's my absolute favourite.

I've discovered that if you hold alt(option) you can adjust the amount of pixels to slide, degrees to rotate etc.

I love this feature, I wondered if you could add an alt function on the opacity fade that lets you specify the duration?

Thanks!
    Woo! I’m so glad to hear it :)
    Thank you for the feature idea!
  • Hey, great job with the script. So much thanks to save so much hours. Two feature I wanna implement is 

1. Set the scale and opacity value just like we set for rotation and opacity. Currently it does 0 to 100 by default. And maybe clicking button with shift would do it twice.

2. For scale and opacity when zoom out or fade out to 0% , it would trim on that keyframe. Just like obsessive layers had that option. I think it could be handy to turn on/off in preferences.
  • To play the Devil's Advocate, I find the name of this plugin misleading. When I read "key" in a motion tool title I immediately think the use of the tool is for  chroma or luma keying, not key framing. Just a thought.
  • hello can i use in KBar?
  • Hello,

Great Idea for a script. I just downloaded a trial version of your script, and I can't seem to get my object to slide in from off screen left. You mentioned that if we press shift and the slide buttons that the script will slide objects in from off of the comp's frame. I did this a least ten times and can't seem to get it to work. Any time I press the shift and the slide buttons it deselects the layer. The version of the script that I downloaded shows mac commands when I hover over the buttons. I'm on a PC. Any help would help. Thanks in advance!

Steven
  • Hello. Will you add a 2023 support for the new released Adobe products?

Thank you.
  • Hey, great job with the script. So much thanks to save so much hours. Two feature I wanna implement is 

1. Set the scale and opacity value just like we set for rotation and opacity. Currently it does 0 to 100 by default. And maybe clicking button with shift would do it twice.

2. For scale and opacity when zoom out or fade out to 0% , it would trim on that keyframe. Just like obsessive layers had that option. I think it could be handy to turn on/off in preferences.
    Hello, I’m so glad to hear you like KeyFast & that it’s saved you time 

Thanks for the feature suggestion :)
  • To play the Devil's Advocate, I find the name of this plugin misleading. When I read "key" in a motion tool title I immediately think the use of the tool is for  chroma or luma keying, not key framing. Just a thought.

Hey Peter,
    I see what you’re saying. I didn’t consider that when I named KeyFast. 

Hopefully the logo throws off the keying idea.
  • hello can i use in KBar?

Hey there,
    It’s not currently built with kbar in mind, but it is something I’d like to work on in the future. 

Thanks
  • Hello,

Great Idea for a script. I just downloaded a trial version of your script, and I can't seem to get my object to slide in from off screen left. You mentioned that if we press shift and the slide buttons that the script will slide objects in from off of the comp's frame. I did this a least ten times and can't seem to get it to work. Any time I press the shift and the slide buttons it deselects the layer. The version of the script that I downloaded shows mac commands when I hover over the buttons. I'm on a PC. Any help would help. Thanks in advance!

Steven

Hello & thank you :)
    I’d recommend first making sure that you’ve enabled KeyFast to read and write files:

Next, try making a shape layer, selecting it, holding shift, and clicking one of KeyFast slide buttons (note: KeyFast slides behave differently if you already have keyframes on the layer)

Here’s a demo of me holding shift while chucking the slide buttons in KeyFast (on windows)

• Hello. Will you add a 2023 support for the new released Adobe products?

Thank you.
    Hello and yes,
    I’ve finished testing in AE 2023.
    You’re all set!

Hello, 
     The Windows equivalent is holding the “control” button :)
  • The most usfull part (copying keyframes from multiple layers) doesnt work with AE 2023!
  • can i hide vertain icons i hate scale and move icons to be visible all time ?
  • Awesome! I want to ask you to add two more checkboxes to the setting: "Enable Motion Blur" and "Anchor Point Slide"
    1. When 1st is checked, simply turn on motion blur on animated layers.
    2. When second is checked, the animation will take place not at the position parameter, but at the anchor point parameter. This will make it easier to move elements in the composition.
  • KeyFast v1.2 is not working.
    I get the error "Unable to execute script at line 48. null is not an object", 
    with After Effects 2022 & 2023, macOS Monterey, M1 Macbook pro.
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
  • Resolved.
    It seems that Dropbox Backup was getting in the way, and once I turned that feature off, KeyFast  worked fine.

• Love this tool. Suggestion: would also be great to be able to Scale Up and Down in one dimension only eg Shift Scale Up gives you a scale up in the x dimension and command Scale up gives you one on the y dimension.
  • Had an idea for a feature request today.
    It would be cool if there was a button that would place timemarkers on the selected layer where the first marker would be at the playhead and the next marker would be the 'animation length' parameter.
    This would be helpful to match the same animation length thats occurring when i press the plugin UI buttons with the keys i am manually placing.
  • The most usfull part (copying keyframes from multiple layers) doesnt work with AE 2023!
    Hi Dinci,
    It seems to be working on my end. Happy to troubleshoot if you find specific situations where the keys are not copying :)

Cheers,
    Breton
  • can i hide vertain icons i hate scale and move icons to be visible all time ?
    Hi Mohammed,
    Keyfast does not have a hide icon feature. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
    Breton
  • meh 21 said:
    Awesome! I want to ask you to add two more checkboxes to the setting: "Enable Motion Blur" and "Anchor Point Slide"
    1. When 1st is checked, simply turn on motion blur on animated layers.
    2. When second is checked, the animation will take place not at the position parameter, but at the anchor point parameter. This will make it easier to move elements in the composition.
    Thank you for the suggestions!
    Anchor point movement & motion blur are both great ideas.
  • Love this tool. Suggestion: would also be great to be able to Scale Up and Down in one dimension only eg Shift Scale Up gives you a scale up in the x dimension and command Scale up gives you one on the y dimension.
    Hey Tim,
    So glad you're liking KeyFast,
    and appreciate the suggestion!

Cheers,
    Breton
  • Had an idea for a feature request today.
    It would be cool if there was a button that would place timemarkers on the selected layer where the first marker would be at the playhead and the next marker would be the 'animation length' parameter.
    This would be helpful to match the same animation length thats occurring when i press the plugin UI buttons with the keys i am manually placing.
    Hi Zak,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion here!

Cheers,
    Breton
  • Feature request! I would pay good money to have the overshoot toggle be on the main UI. I often need to turn it on and off all the time. Putting it on the main UI or even a modifier button which would automatically add overshoot would be so handy (e.g. alt+ slide right to slide right with overshoot)

Ohh I like that! Thank you for the feature suggestion. 
    I would really like to have this feature too. Please, Breton? :)