Lockdown 2 for DaVinci Resolve
  • Is there a guide on how to install?
    I tried using the AEscripts + Aeplugins app but mentions there's 'No compatible application' despite  the fact I have DaVinci Resolve 17.2.2 installed on my PC. 
  • That's strange, but yes, you can install manually. Here are the instructions:

How do I manually install Lockdown 2.4 (Resolve)?

Go to aescripts.com/lockdown (Top of this page)
    Press the green "Try" button to access the downloads, and download/unzip.
    Enter the Windows folder for a Windows install, copy and paste the .ofx plugin file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\Vranos
    Enter the Mac folder for a Mac install, copy and paste the .ofx file here: /Library/OFX/Plugins/
    (Please note that the OFX plugins in the Windows folder and Mac folder are NOT interchangeable)
    Go to aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products and find your license code. It takes about 15 minutes to generate after purchasing.
    Copy your License Code.
    Apply Lockdown to an empty layer.
    Press "License" at the top of the plug-in.
    Paste in your license code.
    Press "activate"

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• That's strange, but yes, you can install manually. Here are the instructions:

How do I manually install Lockdown 2.4 (Resolve)?

Go to aescripts.com/lockdown (Top of this page)
    Press the green "Try" button to access the downloads, and download/unzip.
    Enter the Windows folder for a Windows install, copy and paste the .ofx plugin file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\Vranos
    Enter the Mac folder for a Mac install, copy and paste the .ofx file here: /Library/OFX/Plugins/
    (Please note that the OFX plugins in the Windows folder and Mac folder are NOT interchangeable)
    Go to aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products and find your license code. It takes about 15 minutes to generate after purchasing.
    Copy your License Code.
    Apply Lockdown to an empty layer.
    Press "License" at the top of the plug-in.
    Paste in your license code.
    Press "activate"

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Thanks for the prompt reply.
  • This always happens right after I forget how to fix this but what do you do when Ctl Click select isn't working in your plug-in? It's some stupid After Effects problem, like an enable, disable feature, but when I Ctl Click to make my selection it actually just moves my entire clip as if I'm just trying to change its position. Thanks
  • This happens if I have already used Lockdown in my project FYI. The first time works perfectly, but if I use Lockdown a second time in the project, Ctl Click no longer works and just moves the entire clip.
  • This always happens right after I forget how to fix this but what do you do when Ctl Click select isn't working in your plug-in? It's some stupid After Effects problem, like an enable, disable feature, but when I Ctl Click to make my selection it actually just moves my entire clip as if I'm just trying to change its position. Thanks
    There are two problems here, both are solvable. One, your UI layer is probably just off. This is a tutorial for another product, but it's the same issue, you just need to re-enable UI interactions:

However the bigger problem is that it sounds like you're using a very old version of Lockdown. Since 2.0, we have a new popout tracker in which you enter the popout, and do all the point creation and tracking in there. I'd definitely download that update, which is much faster and better in every way.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thank you so much Chris. I'll definitely upgrade, I'm just working with a team on this and they haven't upgraded yet so I've been on hold on that.
  • Hi Chris, 
    first of all, thank you for your very usefull fx ! 
    However I’ve got a problem, When I work with the plugin, DaVinci crash after few minutes. It can be at any time, after the tracking, when I add another effect, when I want to change something on it … It become too random and unsure to be use. Can you help me ? His there any solution ?  

( I work with Davinci Studio 17 on Mac )

Thank you for your return
  • Hi Chris, 
    However I’ve got a problem, When I work with the plugin, DaVinci crash after few minutes. It can be at any time, after the tracking, when I add another effect, when I want to change something on it … It become too random and unsure to be use. Can you help me ? His there any solution ?  

Can you please send in a  support ticket ? I have a pretty good idea of what might be causing it. If you're able to send us Lockdown logs, we could likely solve it quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris, 

Can you please send in a  support ticket ? I have a pretty good idea of what might be causing it. If you're able to send us Lockdown logs, we could likely solve it quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thank you for you answer, it's done ;) 
  • I have lockdown for AE. Do i need to purchase the davinci resolve version to run it in fusion studio ?
  • I have lockdown for AE. Do i need to purchase the davinci resolve version to run it in fusion studio ?
    Yes, they are two separate products, but there is a huge discount. Upgrade price is only $100, not the original $249. You have to be logged into your account with the After Effects license to see the discount, then head to this page.

https://aescripts.com/lockdown-for-davinci-resolve/

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • way to expensive.

• Any plans on supporting Linux?
  • Any plans to support Nuke on the horizon?
  • What is the difference between your solution and the one built in to DaVinci Studio V18?
  • Where's the instructions?
  • Where's the instructions?
    Everything is posted as video tutorials on aescripts.com/lockdown, there are very few differences between the Resolve and Ae versions, but those are outlined as needed in each video or section.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator