• Hey! Thanks for a great plugin! 

I'm having some troubles clearing the scripts from layers. Sometimes the clear button works, but most of the times, its greyed out, and I really dont find the logic behind it.

If I want to clear all overlaps from a series of layers, how do I do? 
  • Hey! Thanks for a great plugin! 
    I'm having some troubles clearing the scripts from layers. Sometimes the clear button works, but most of the times, its greyed out, and I really dont find the logic behind it.
    If I want to clear all overlaps from a series of layers, how do I do? 
    Hi Linus,
    Thank you for using Overlap. 

About the Clear Button
    When you run Overlap, you can undo it with Cmd/Ctrl+Z like most commands.

If you do some other actions and decide you want to remove the Overlap, the Clear button will remove the expressions added by the last Overlap that was run. This is from the Help documentation (the ? button):

You may also delete the last Overlap that was run by clicking the Clear icon (which appears after clicking the 'OK' button in the Overlap Shared Properties window). If you hover over the Clear Icon, you will get a Help Tip that will remind you of your last Overlap.

If you want to remove the expressions from just a few of the Driven layers, you can do the following (from Creative Cow):
    1. Select all layers
    2. Type "ee" to expose expressions only
    3. Select all the expressions, by pulling a rectangle selection down, starting just under the layer "twirly" (to the left of the stopwatch)then pulling that rectangular selection all the way down from the top layer to the bottom layer.
    4. Animation > Remove expression (Alt + Shift + =)
    I hope this answered your question. Thanks again.
  • Where are the updates?

What about a simple function of randomness to the script? Random offset, random... simple but needed. 

Hopefully this is not Bro edition ;)
  • Where are the updates?

What about a simple function of randomness to the script? Random offset, random... simple but needed. 

Hopefully this is not Bro edition ;)
    Hi Miika,

Thank you for your enthusiasm about the Overlap script. I think your
    ideas are great and they would make it better. As I mentioned, I have put them on a
    feature request list for the next version. While I'd like to get
    updates out there quickly, sometimes it doesn't happen that way because of limited free time. I
    hope you understand.

And this always goes without saying but if you or anyone else are not satisfied with Overlap, we will refund your purchase. Just open a support ticket and we will do it right away. Thank you.
  • Hi,
    I've downloaded the trial version of this script, it's really awesome.
    Can you add an option to repeat the selected layer by it self ?
    what I mean if select a shape layer just I want an option to write the number of copies and then click on repeat and the script will do the rest .. etc
    Is that possible to add in next update ?
  • Hi! I love your script and wonder if there is going to be any Cyber monday sort of discount? 
  • Hi! I love your script and wonder if there is going to be any Cyber monday sort of discount? 
    Hi Jeejung. Thanks a lot. Yes, there will be a discount! Check out the details here.
  • Definitely I will buy it today :)
  • Just bought it, it's really useful.
    I have one problem , I work on two screen , always when I press on "Overlap" button , the Overlap property window always appear behind after effects window !
    So every time I want to use overlap property I have to minimize the window of after effects!
    This is a picture about what I mean

Can you fix this issue in the next update ?
    I really like the script it's really useful and true time saver.
  • Just bought it, it's really useful.
    I have one problem , I work on two screen , always when I press on "Overlap" button , the Overlap property window always appear behind after effects window !
    So every time I want to use overlap property I have to minimize the window of after effects!
    This is a picture about what I mean

Can you fix this issue in the next update ?
    I really like the script it's really useful and true time saver.
    Hi Basem,
    Thank you for your purchase and kind words. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Overlap appearing behind After Effects. I have uploaded an update (1.0.3) that I believe will fix this issue. Thank you.
  • Hi Kevin, 

Thank you so much for you response.

No, I don't want to refund, Overlap is worth every penny. it's really handy tool.

I Highly recommended for ever one.

Take your time, I'm not hurry.

Hope you the best in your work and your study.

• Hello. I would like to share a possible option that could exist in the script.
    And if the objects that follow to reach its final position had a bounce?
    Take a look at the zip.

• Overlap is very handy script! If you are ever planning to develop 1.x or even 2.0 version out of this script. Here's few ideas.
    -Random values. It would be really helpful if you could randomize the delay, offset & factor. To continue the way Overlap is built this could be something that you would could enable in the initial settings.
    -Maintain the original value. Not sure if I'm explaining this clear enough, but lets try :) In many cases the way the Overlap works now is what you are looking for. The script makes the value to offset same for every layer. So for an example if I want to Overlap position, the script makes the position of every layer the same. So if you had 5 objects in different positions on the composition and you make Overlap to overlap the value... all the objects will be cascaded into same position. This is what I'm looking for most often. But wouldnt it be handy if there would be an option for Overlap to maintain the original value and make the overlap/offset from that value. This way objects would keep their original position and the overlap would be done on that value. This same principle would be useful with almost any value you can overlap. For an example if you would want to play with opacity of an layer, but would want to some of the layers have 50% opacity and some 100% and make them overlap/offset with the script it would start from the individual value per layer. This obviously should also be a function that you could enable/disable.

Thanks anycase for a good script!
  • Hello,
    is it possible to use standard licence of "Overlap" for two different machines? 

Thanks!
    Jan
  • Hi,

I have purchased this tool on 30.5.2015. I am unable to distribute layers.
    Where can I get the current version?  

"1.0.3  (Current version)  -  Feb 14, 2016

Fixed bug where Shared Properties Window was appearing behind After Effects"

Perhaps you could help about this. Tks
  • Hello,
    is it possible to use standard licence of "Overlap" for two different machines? 

Thanks!
    Jan
    Hi Jan,
    I'm not sure if I responded to you directly or not, but yes: all aescripts plugins (to my knowledge) will work across computers with a standard license.
  • Hi,

I have purchased this tool on 30.5.2015. I am unable to distribute layers.
    Where can I get the current version?  

"1.0.3  (Current version)  -  Feb 14, 2016

Fixed bug where Shared Properties Window was appearing behind After Effects"

Perhaps you could help about this. Tks
    Hi Natalia,
    Thank you for purchasing Overlap. I'm sorry you're having trouble. I will also respond to your questions in the Bug Report you filed. You can download the latest version by:
    1. Going to your aescripts account (click your name at the top right by 'Welcome')
    2. Click on "My Downloads & Licenses"
    3. Find Overlap in the list and click on Download.
    4. Then click the Overlap link under Latest Version (1.0.3).
    Here is a video showing how to distribute with Overlap.

• Hi Kevin

It is working just fine. Thank very much for your support also for this amazing script.
    Appreciated the video by the way,
    Tks;)

• When using shape layers, I am noticing that some parameters are not responding to Overlap, despite Overlap allowing me to go through the motions of setting them up and it all appearing to work on the surface. Ultimately, the shapes will not respond to the overlap controls. My specific example is trim paths. Is this a case of having the trim paths modifier in the correct order in the shape layer stack? Or does overlap not work with some parameters?

All the shapes have the trim paths modifier applied, and in the same order for each shape. I'm also using AE 2014 in this case.

I'm also having problems with shape layers just not working at all. I can get so far in setting up the groups, but when I try and press OK I get this message:

Error at line 13 in property 'Opacity' of layer 3 (xoxo) in comp 'xoxo '
    Unterminated string constant

I've had this on several shape layer / multi group setups. Any pointers would be welcome.
  • Hi

I purchased Overlap, it works great!

Thanks

Chris

• Hey.

I am trying to recreate the springy motion of the antenna in your „overlap essentials“ intro (at 0:01), but I don`t get it to work. How can I make the top of the antenna spring more than its driver? Or is this not done with overlap? Is it possible you make a tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

• Hey.

I am trying to recreate the springy motion of the antenna in your „overlap essentials“ intro (at 0:01), but I don`t get it to work. How can I make the top of the antenna spring more than its driver? Or is this not done with overlap? Is it possible you make a tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

Hi Markus,
    Thanks for using Overlap! :) 

I thought the best way to show you how this is done would be by giving you an After Effects project:

It's all done through parenting and Overlap. The antenna is being driven by the keyframes on a link (parenting a chain) which is parented to the body. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks again!
  • Hey Kevin.

Thanks so much for this! Great support!

Cheers!

Markus

• Hello,Sir 

I have  installed overlap in after effect cc, but i am not getting the button of 'Overlap' in after effect.
    Please tell me the path.
     Thanks
  • Hello,Sir 

I have  installed overlap in after effect cc, but i am not getting the button of 'Overlap' in after effect.
    Please tell me the path.
     Thanks
    Hi Satendra,
    Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean by the path, but here's how you install Overlap (there is also a file in the Overlap .zip called Overlap_Quick_Start.pdf with these instructions):

1. Put Overlap.jsxbin into one of these folders:
    • (Windows) Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects ***\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels 
    • (Mac OS) Applications/Adobe After Effects ***/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    2. Open your Preferences & check "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" in this location:
    • (Windows) Edit > Preferences > General
    • (Mac OS) After Effects > Preferences > General
    3. To launch Overlap, go to the Window menu in the After Effects menu and navigate to the bottom of the list. Your installed scripts will appear here (which should now include Overlap).

If you have any more trouble, please feel free to open a support ticket and I'll help you more from there.
    png
    png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 1.45.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 1.41.27 PM.png
    367 x 650 - 111K
  • Hey,
    I try to reproduce the part of the lesson at 15:45 essentials, but it does not offer me the parameters that you show ...
    Can you enlighten me?
    Huge thanks,
    Vincent
    Ae version: 16.1.2
    macOS: 10.14.6

ok, thanks for all the info. It was once again the language of after that does not like the " ' ". French language :-(
    Problem fixed ;-)
    Thanks for your quick answer! top
  • Hey,
    I try to reproduce the part of the lesson at 15:45 essentials, but it does not offer me the parameters that you show ...
    Can you enlighten me?
    Huge thanks,
    Vincent
    Ae version: 16.1.2
    macOS: 10.14.6
    Hi Vincent, first, thank you for using Overlap!

Sorry, I'm not sure which parameters you mean. Do you mean the ones under "Contents " the Shared Properties window?

If so, to get these to appear, you must place keyframes on all of the Shape's contents (Ellipse 1 > Size, Transform: Ellipse 1 > Anchor Point, ). Also, make sure the contents are named similarly: in this example, all of the ellipse paths being Overlapped for Size were called "Ellipse Path 1." The Transforms will be recognized regardless. The script is trying to determine which properties are shared, so do the most you can to get the Shapes you want to Overlap named & structured similarly. Finally, make sure your shapes are in the right order and that you select them all: the top Shape will be the Driver (with Layers, it's determined by selection order).

If not, do you mean the parameters in the Effect Controls for the Shape Layer? To get those to appear, you must have these Settings checked:

These will not be available if your script is in Trial mode.

I've attached a copy of an example file with the setup working. You can select the shapes yourself and run Overlap to see the properties appear in the Shared Properties window. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks again!
    zip
    zip
    Dial.zip
  • I must have installed this a while ago, opened once then forgot to test by getting tied up. 

I'm on CS6 so need to test it really before buying to be sure it works. Is there any way i can re-start the trial for a test? or a demo key limited functionality or anything? Thanks
  • I must have installed this a while ago, opened once then forgot to test by getting tied up. 

I'm on CS6 so need to test it really before buying to be sure it works. Is there any way i can re-start the trial for a test? or a demo key limited functionality or anything? Thanks
    Hi Chris,
    Thank you for your interest in Overlap. This would require assistance from AEScripts. You can open a support ticket here.
  • Hi Kevin,

Regarding "Maintain Original", I have a cluster of layer shapes that I'd like to move across a map in a fluid motion (using easy ease keyframes) where they reach their destinations one after the other. Would Overlap allow me to do this?
  • Hi Kevin,

Regarding "Maintain Original", I have a cluster of layer shapes that I'd like to move across a map in a fluid motion (using easy ease keyframes) where they reach their destinations one after the other. Would Overlap allow me to do this?

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for your question. Yes! To use 'Maintain Original', you will want to:
    1. Place the layer shapes on their destinations
    2. Create a start and end keyframes for your driver layer
    3. Move all of your layers together to the start position at the start keyframe (so that they are moving the same amount)

An After Effects scene file is attached.

zip
    zip
    Map Pins.zip