Labels PPro 2
  • I seem to be having problems with the Labels PPro on 15.4.1. It won't change colors in the project panel or the sequence. Ran this on Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur
  • Same here, PR 15.4.1 too. I can add color labels to project folders, but I can't label an active project sequence. Help! MacOS 11.6, Big Sur.
  • I'm having the same issues running PR 15.4.1 and it's not labeling anything in the timeline.
  • I'm also having issues using this under PR 15.4.1 - I raised a ticket, got a response from the plugin author:

Must be that something changed, again, in PPro :(
    I'll look into it, but I cannot give the time estimate when it's gona happen.

So looks like this plugin is broken for the time being.
  • I'm also having issues in PPro 15.4.1.
    The plugin seems to label footage elements ok but it won't change the label color of text layers.
  • Adobe got rid of the "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" option in 15.4.1 so you not longer can change the color of the clips in the timeline. You can still right click and change it that way but it looks like the plugin is broken for the time being. 
  • UPDATE: For everyone having issues getting plugin to work, I found the solution. Adobe moved "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" to a different location and renamed it. 
    Link to Adobe's post on this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-new-way-to-control-how-label-colors-and-clip-names-are-displayed-in-the-timeline/m-p/11940375
    You can now find it in timeline display settings (wrench icon) and is now called "Show Source Clip Name and Label".image

If you enable that, the plugin will work again. Adobe did this to make it easier to enable/disable it without having to go to project settings. In fact, you can now assign a keybopard shortcut if you want for even faster workflow. 

I hope this helps. I will forward this information to plugin developer to see if they can update the documumentatin.
  • Is there any chance of it working in Premiere Pro 22.2? It just doesn't open the window with the script.
  • I installed the expension with the installer, after restarting premiere (15.4.1, PC) the window does not show up after selecting Window - Expensions - Label PPro.
    Is there any solution for that? Thanks a lot!
  • Thank you John for this finding. I've updated the documentation.
    UPDATE: For everyone having issues getting plugin to work, I found the solution. Adobe moved "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" to a different location and renamed it. 
  • Thank for tool, is very helpful. 
  • Hello, is there a way to give a name to the label so I can see which color I use for an item? Now I have to open settings to see which color for which item.
  • Hi, will you add compatibility to premiere cc 2024 ? thank you
    Somebody on Reddit found a workaround by opening ZXP installer, and in the settings window enable all "Enable debugging" checkboxes and restart Premiere.
    Somebody on Reddit found a workaround by opening ZXP installer, and in the settings window enable all "Enable debugging" checkboxes and restart Premiere.
    Or see this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/