• Hi there !

I don't have any access to the preferences panel.

Any solution?

Im' on the latest After Effects version and High Sierra. Macbook Pro 15" early 2013.

I've just noticed that it works on the After Effects CC2014 version.

Regards.
  • Hi Harlem Harl,
    sorry to hear that. Hm - strange. I am on the latest AE and a MacBook Pro late 2013, but I didn't "dare" to upgrade to High Sierra yet… Maybe there is a hick up. Please open a support ticket and let me know, if everything else works fine. Thanks!
    Cheers, Lars.
  • Hi Harlem Harl,
    sorry to hear that. Hm - strange. I am on the latest AE and a MacBook Pro late 2013, but I didn't "dare" to upgrade to High Sierra yet… Maybe there is a hick up. Please open a support ticket and let me know, if everything else works fine. Thanks!
    Cheers, Lars.
    I've just opened a support ticket ^^ Ah ah I shouldn't have done the update. That's the best way to get problems i know :/
  • Hi Harlem,

I might be missing something but what's with the S, C and I letters used in the tutorial?
  • Hi Harlem,

I might be missing something but what's with the S, C and I letters used in the tutorial?
    Hey David, you can use "Tokens" in the input fields. They are mentioned in the user guide, are listed in the info window via the preferences and can also be displayed via the tool tips. "s" stands for selected and will use the position value (x or y) of one ore multiple selected objects in the comp. "c" = center of comp. "l, r, t, b" = left, right, bottom, top which you can use for alignment. These will also be automatically inserted in the position fields, when you use the alt+drag+click to set the alignment in the preview window. There is also "g" which uses the grid spacing as value. You can combine these tokens with simple math like adding or multiplying some values as well. I hope this helps. Cheers, Lars.
  • Hi Harlem,

Hey David, you can use "Tokens" in the input fields. They are mentioned in the user guide, are listed in the info window via the preferences and can also be displayed via the tool tips. "s" stands for selected and will use the position value (x or y) of one ore multiple selected objects in the comp. "c" = center of comp. "l, r, t, b" = left, right, bottom, top which you can use for alignment. These will also be automatically inserted in the position fields, when you use the alt+drag+click to set the alignment in the preview window. There is also "g" which uses the grid spacing as value. You can combine these tokens with simple math like adding or multiplying some values as well. I hope this helps. Cheers, Lars.
    That makes a lot more sense to me now, thanks Lars!
  • Is there anyway to add a Trim paths to the shapes? 

• Is there anyway to add a Trim paths to the shapes? 
    Hi Gerald!
    Not within the "Shape Up" script, but like with any shape layer in After Effects, having the layer selected, you can simply add a trim path via the upper tool bar using the "Add" arrow: "Trim Paths" (works with multiple shape layers selected), or unfolding the layer and using the "Add" arrow next to the first entry "Contents".
    Thanks, Lars.
  • Can't comment on the Move in Time page at all, but I'd definitely love to post an idea/suggestion.  Should I contact you directly?
  • Sure thing Matthew - you got my contact?
    info [ AT ] larsjandel [ DOT ] de
  • Hello LJ,
    I can not get access to the settings of the ui ...
    Can you give some information?

CC2019
    OS Version: 10.13.6

Thank you so much,
    Vincent
  • Hello LJ,
    I can not get access to the settings of the ui ...
    Can you give some information?

CC2019
    OS Version: 10.13.6

Thank you so much,
    Vincent
    Hey Vincent,
    sorry for the inconvenience. I think I figured out, what is causing this: Shape Up's preferences use the label names and might have an issue with non latin characters. I will try to fix this to the end of the week. As a work around, if this is true for you, that your label names do utilize non standard latin characters (this could be accents / umlaute as well), please give it a try by renaming those within AE's preferences.
    Thanks for reporting this issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next days.
    Cheers, Lars. 

Update: Should be fixed now with v1.04 - Thanks!
  • Hi there! It will be greate to save default Fill checker, cause everytime i turn on script it has Stroke option, and i use it for filled circles)
  • Hi Datr!
    This is already possible: Just make your changes - activating the fill option - and open the preferences: There is the button "Save Current Input Values as Default" -> this will also save and remember the fill and/or stroke setting.
    Thanks!
  • I dont hear any audio at video of tutorial.
    Fix it please.
  • I dont hear any audio at video of tutorial.
    Fix it please.
    Sorry, the tutorial only has subtitles and indeed has no audio.
    I hope, reading the subtitles and following along will work for you.
    Thanks.
  • Does this work well with 2021 or 2022? 
    Yup, works fine in 2021, 2022 and Beta ;)
    Hm, on my end, in 2022, panel is often "blank" or missing buttons ... and I get all kinds of random script error popups ... thought can't say for certain where they're from.
    Hm, on my end, in 2022, panel is often "blank" or missing buttons ... and I get all kinds of random script error popups ... thought can't say for certain where they're from.
    Strange. Could you please open a support ticket, providing more infos regarding OS (e.g. Windows 10 / macOS Big Sur 11.6.2), the AE version again (e.g AE 2022: 22.1.1x74) and what the errors exactly say?
    Thanks!

...in case you are running macOS Monterey, there is this issue currently unfortunately:
    Scripts Crashing in macOS Monterey
  • Is there a way to add a shape to an existing layer? I don't want a new layer, I want to add shape to existing shape layer. Thanks
  • Ze'ev Gilad said: Is there a way to add a shape to an existing layer? I don't want a new layer, I want to add shape to existing shape layer. Thanks Sorry, Shape Up can't do that. You could use Explode Shape Layers to merge multiple shapes. Thanks