• Since Pastiche doesn't analyze the Pastiche layers, I would say that the layer's type doesn't not affect execution time.
  • hello, 

every time I want to generate an animation on 130 layers,  It takes a lot of time, and Extendscript toolkit opens, which says there is an error in the script, 
    and the animation won't be initiated

how do I resolve this problem? regards

• Hi Hans,

Could you please open a support ticket and send us a minimal version of your aep?
    Cheers.

Val.

• Can Pastiche support 3D layers in AE ? I've tried using 3D layers, but I can't seem to get them to work. At the :30 mark on the video it looks like the movie poster composition is using z space to animate each poster into the frame, but I can't seem to get objects to zoom in while using the z axis... Can we use 3D controls ?
  • Hi Steve,

Pastiche only works in 2D, but you can turn your layers in 3D after applying Pastiche!
    So for that particular scene, I've create the pastiche, then animate my layers in 3D.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Val.
  • Thanks Val,

Yes, I see I can animate the layers in 3D after I apply my Pastiche. Thanks! Pastiche is awesome!! Trying to apply the z-axis to hundreds of layers is proving to be time consuming. Maybe in the future Pastiche can support 3D axis ? Do you happen to know of a script that will add a random z depth to many layers ?
  • In the "MOVIE" composition, I've applied Pastiche, selected all my layers, turned 3D on, added a position keyframe at t=50, went to t=0, moved all the layers on Z (so AE added a keyframe in position) and used the wonderful script RIFT to randomize the time of the layers.

• Hi - when I click 'create' the results run off the composition window. I do have the preview settings at full, as recommended, but it still happens.
  • Hi Peter,
    Please open a support ticket and include a minimal version of your scene.

Cheers.
    Val
  • RESOLVED: Converting the Vector to a PNG seemed to solve my issue. It still seems like the Vector should technically work just fine, but it wasn't working on our end. 

We have a copy of this plugin at my work and I absolutley adore it.

Although when creating a project with a resolution of 8100 x 1080 with several hundred photos, I'm running into a similar issue as stated below.

Using render settings at full resolution, I'm populating a vector image with the photos. It works, but they populate out of the composition window, at about 200% the size of the vector image. 

Any ideas as to why this may happen at this resolution, and if there is a workaround? 

Thanks so much!
  • Hi, are there any plans to update this?

• Hi, are there any plans to update this?
    What kind of update? :)
  • How does Pistache determine text layer boundaries? It seems to overlap all my text layers. I was also curious how the grid system works and if there are any plans on implementing a user definable grid (ie 10px, 100px, etc)
  • Don't know about all that but in the meantime you might wish to take a peak at this lttle gem:

• Hi, 

I have just downloaded the trial version of Pastiche, and just would like to ask if it really has the limitation of handling only 25 layers? Is there any other limitation too? (I was expecting some watermark or something like this)

The problem is that I cannot really try it out with only 25 layers, so I hope there will be no problem if I buy the plugin, but I would like to be as sure as possible. :-)

Thank you for the answer in advance.
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,

There's no other limitation. :)

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hi, i saw

"You need to register the plug-in to be able to use it."

messege.

Where do I enter my code?
  • Hi, i saw

"You need to register the plug-in to be able to use it."

messege.

Where do I enter my code?
    Use the Register button to get access to the Registration dialog.
  • Can I do this with Pastiche? https://youtu.be/DyGktkaXMFY
  • Rich Lo said:
    Can I do this with Pastiche? https://youtu.be/DyGktkaXMFY
    Cannot play the video (unavailable)! :(
  • Bonjour,
    I'm wondering if this is a feature or a bug. I blurred slightly the source text. Under "Transform" I set the opacity to react to "From Alpha". I clicked "Create" and it worked fine. The instances near the edge of the source text were different levels of transparency. I then set the opacity to "Ignore" and clicked "Create" with the check box on for "Remove Existing Keys". The instances that were previously semi-transparent, were still semi-transparent.

Shouldn't the "Remove Existing Keys" also reset the opacity? As it is, the opacity level isn't keyframed, but is set as the original default value on the layer.
    The work around by selecting all layers and resetting the opacity value to 100%, is an extra step. In my mind the "Remove Existing Keys" should also return the opacity value to 100%. As the various levels of opacity were originally generated by the plug-in.

with kind regards,
    Douglas
  • Hi Douglas,

"Remove Existing Keys" only removes keyframe. It does not reset the original value.
    You can also (re)set the value that you want by using for example "from alpha" and set min and max value to the one you want.
    Hope this helps!

Cheers.
    Val.
  • simple question. I noticed you had an info window on the right that told you how many unfilled spots you had on your letters, I don’t have that in my info window, how do I get that info, thanks.
    -Steve.
  • simple question. I noticed you had an info window on the right that told you how many unfilled spots you had on your letters, I don’t have that in my info window, how do I get that info, thanks.
    -Steve.
    That's the info window of After Effects (top menu / Window / Info) :)

• Just bought today. Every-time I try to follow a tutorial it it crashes AE. My computer specs should be no problem. I'm just trying to do simple things like in the tutorial and it crashes.

What gives?

It seems to not like when I have over 100 layers, Also these layers are being brought over from AE with Overlord plugin I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It can handle simple things like 50 circles to text. But once I bring over say a bunch of different sizes of circles from Illlustrator by overlord in random positions it can't handle it.
  • Just bought today. Every-time I try to follow a tutorial it it crashes AE. My computer specs should be no problem. I'm just trying to do simple things like in the tutorial and it crashes.

What gives?

It seems to not like when I have over 100 layers, Also these layers are being brought over from AE with Overlord plugin I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It can handle simple things like 50 circles to text. But once I bring over say a bunch of different sizes of circles from Illlustrator by overlord in random positions it can't handle it.
    Hi Parker,
    Please open a support ticket and join a minimal version of your aep.
    Thank you!
    Cheers.
    Val.
  • How's this work with footage? 
  • How's this work with footage? 
    You can put any image you want. Everything depend on the transparency/luminance of you source and the shape of your elements.

Cheers.
    Val.

• Hi,

I just bought your product and I am having an issue - it is most likely something simple but I can't, for the life of me, figure it out...

When I create the pastiche the "collage" is NOT created over the source layer but at the bottom.... and I can't get it to work properly....

please help

• Hi,

I just bought your product and I am having an issue - it is most likely something simple but I can't, for the life of me, figure it out...

When I create the pastiche the "collage" is NOT created over the source layer but at the bottom.... and I can't get it to work properly....

please help

Hi Ilya,
    Try to set the comp resolution to Full (100%) before executing Pastiche.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi,

please help

Hi Ilya,
    Try to set the comp resolution to Full (100%) before executing Pastiche.
    Cheers,
    Charles
    Charles, thanks for getting back to me... I have it set to 100% that doesn't change anything...

here is a link to a screen recording
  • Charles, thanks for getting back to me... I have it set to 100% that doesn't change anything...

You need to precompose the source layer.
  • Charles, thanks for getting back to me... I have it set to 100% that doesn't change anything...

You need to precompose the source layer.
    Perfect! Thank you so much - working perfectly now!
  • Hi, I'm trying out something in one of your tutorial videos, and I keep on running into an issue. I have a grid of balls/cirlces that I want to change into a number. When I press "Create" the grid of balls suddenly changes into a completely new grid before the animation.

Here is a link to to the screen recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWEG500IDDQ&feature=youtu.be

Can you help me out....PLLLLLEASE!
  • Most of the time, the issue is that you are not working in full resolution in the preview window.
    (can't see your video it's in private).

Cheers.
    Val
    Hi, I'm trying out something in one of your tutorial videos, and I keep on running into an issue. I have a grid of balls/cirlces that I want to change into a number. When I press "Create" the grid of balls suddenly changes into a completely new grid before the animation.

Here is a link to to the screen recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWEG500IDDQ&feature=youtu.be

Can you help me out....PLLLLLEASE!

• Hi Motion Boutique.  In your video you show the movie posters zooming into for up the word' MOVIE'.
    However you don't show how to do this.  How do you keyframe your sprites/icons to go outside of the source text?

I can't figure it out, and I'm up against the clock on a project.  Please help!

Many thanks

Paul
  • In the "MOVIE" composition, I've applied Pastiche, selected all my layers, turned 3D on, added a position keyframe at t=50, went to t=0, moved all the layers on Z (so AE added a keyframe in position) and used the wonderful script RIFT to randomize the time of the layers (you can also do this by hand).

Hi Motion Boutique.  In your video you show the movie posters zooming into for up the word' MOVIE'.
    However you don't show how to do this.  How do you keyframe your sprites/icons to go outside of the source text?

I can't figure it out, and I'm up against the clock on a project.  Please help!

Many thanks

Paul

• I get this error...

After Effects error: Internal verification failure, sorry! {Invalid index is indexed group}

Any ideas?
  • Hi,

Can the animation image (final result) be sent to illustrator?
    I have a project in which I might want to create a poster to go with the video. Could I export the pastiche animation as an illustrator file.

Thanks,
    Bre
  • Hmmm maybe with Overlord if you are working with shape layers...

Bre Nope said:
    Hi,

Can the animation image (final result) be sent to illustrator?
    I have a project in which I might want to create a poster to go with the video. Could I export the pastiche animation as an illustrator file.

Thanks,
    Bre

• Thanks for the suggestion.
  • How do I access the trial version?
    Does the 25 layers mean that I could use 25 items in the composition and pastiche would use them for a sample collage?
  • Just download it from the product page (click the Trial button).

Trial version of Pastiche is limited to 25 layers. This means that you can create a collage with 25 layers with the trial version. If you have more than 25 layers, Pastiche will ignore the other.

• Just downloaded Pastiche 2 for After Effects v18.2.1 (2021). Trying to simply add a bunch of videos and just pull back from one video to reveal a full screen grid (or maybe floating a bit more randomly) of 80 or so other videos, etc. Every time I set up the move and start rendering, Ae crashes. Attached my computer specs, which should be more than ample to pull this off. Thoughts?
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.43.57 AM.png
    698 x 463 - 149K
  • Hi Jeremy,
    Please open a support ticket and include your aep so we can take a look. Or send us a screencast. aescripts.com/contact/
    Cheers
    Val
    Just downloaded Pastiche 2 for After Effects v18.2.1 (2021). Trying to simply add a bunch of videos and just pull back from one video to reveal a full screen grid (or maybe floating a bit more randomly) of 80 or so other videos, etc. Every time I set up the move and start rendering, Ae crashes. Attached my computer specs, which should be more than ample to pull this off. Thoughts?

• Hi I am making a simple animation with pastiche. every time i add my animation (numbers counting) and generate the pastiche it comes out enlarged and off to the bottom right. I have attached a screenshot. Im sure im doing something silly. Can you help.
    Using after effects 2021 and pastiche 1.3
    Thanks
    Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 16.04.22.png
    2033 x 1223 - 453K

• Hi I am making a simple animation with pastiche. every time i add my animation (numbers counting) and generate the pastiche it comes out enlarged and off to the bottom right. I have attached a screenshot. Im sure im doing something silly. Can you help.
    Using after effects 2021 and pastiche 1.3
    Thanks
    Hi Matt,
    Try setting the comp resolution to Full before executing Pastiche. This should fix your issue.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi Charles thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately even when full resolution it does the same. Any other ideas?
    Thanks
    Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 08.34.20.png
    2039 x 1081 - 356K