• an excellent plugin!
  • Can and will there be a AE version of Plumepack in the near future?
  • Can and will there be a AE version of Plumepack in the near future?
    Hello ! We are currently working on an AE version of PlumePack in parallel of PrPro improvements. However we don't know yet how much time it will need to finish a first version. Maybe for the end of 2021 but nothing is sure for now !
  • How well does this tool work with the Productions feature in Premiere Pro 14 and above?
  • How well does this tool work with the Productions feature in Premiere Pro 14 and above?
    Hello, we are currently working on some new features to better handle the Productions feature in PlumePack. For now it works in some ways but it is not really suited for. Please contact us directly by mail so we could understand your workflow with Productions, and so we could implement those new features to suit your needs if possible.

Best, Nicolas from Autokroma
  • Hi, so how exactly does PlumePack work functionally speaking?
    I tried using it, and it works fine for a few basic edits, but it doesn't work properly if an actually production long video being made with multiple edits, even if it's the same video file.

For example; I have several long videos, each one is 1 hour long at around 6MB CBR (2.6GB).

Cut several Copy-Samples from each video using Avidemux, 10 minutes, 20 minutes and in random places. Stitch them all together, and you have about 2.6GB for every hour of video (880MB for 20 minutes).
    So far so Good.

Use PlumePack, same method and get almost the same results (2.6GB per 1 Hour or 880MB per 20 minutes).
    So far excellent.

I did the same Test with Video 1 stitched with samples from Video 2. Also did Video 1 samples stitched with other Video 1 samples. Same results every time.
    So far super.

However, as soon as I do multiple splits it balloons the size to ridiculous numbers. If I have a 20 minutes video with about 50 cuts, it's about 9GB instead of the intended 2.6GB.
    A final fully worked on project of 1 hour and 20 minutes becomes an outstanding 32GB when the original work file was 38GB at worst.

If I do simple cuts, eventually it catches up. A 2 hour video with about the same number of cuts balloons too 10GB instead of 5, almost doubling in size.

Please note this is without anything, just the video cuts themselves, I didn't even try to use effects, duration or other attribute changing modifiers.

Even Project Managers Re-encoding (which I wanted to avoid) is usually 2GB less on average. In a fully working video, the difference is huge (32GB vs 17GB, almost half).

I know PlumePack is supposed to the be the "Copy Trim" function that many other programs have but Premiere is lacking, but it doesn't seem to be the case so far, so does it have another intended use?
  • Hi, so how exactly does PlumePack work functionally speaking?
    I tried using it, and it works fine for a few basic edits, but it doesn't work properly if an actually production long video being made with multiple edits, even if it's the same video file.

For example; I have several long videos, each one is 1 hour long at around 6MB CBR (2.6GB).

Cut several Copy-Samples from each video using Avidemux, 10 minutes, 20 minutes and in random places. Stitch them all together, and you have about 2.6GB for every hour of video (880MB for 20 minutes).
    So far so Good.

Use PlumePack, same method and get almost the same results (2.6GB per 1 Hour or 880MB per 20 minutes).
    So far excellent.

I did the same Test with Video 1 stitched with samples from Video 2. Also did Video 1 samples stitched with other Video 1 samples. Same results every time.
    So far super.

However, as soon as I do multiple splits it balloons the size to ridiculous numbers. If I have a 20 minutes video with about 50 cuts, it's about 9GB instead of the intended 2.6GB.
    A final fully worked on project of 1 hour and 20 minutes becomes an outstanding 32GB when the original work file was 38GB at worst.

If I do simple cuts, eventually it catches up. A 2 hour video with about the same number of cuts balloons too 10GB instead of 5, almost doubling in size.

Please note this is without anything, just the video cuts themselves, I didn't even try to use effects, duration or other attribute changing modifiers.

Even Project Managers Re-encoding (which I wanted to avoid) is usually 2GB less on average. In a fully working video, the difference is huge (32GB vs 17GB, almost half).

I know PlumePack is supposed to the be the "Copy Trim" function that many other programs have but Premiere is lacking, but it doesn't seem to be the case so far, so does it have another intended use?

Hello Louis, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Indeed if the result of multiple cuts makes the whole size bigger than the initial size, it seems that there is something wrong in PlumePack and we should fix it OR you used some parameters which could explain this behavior. 

In our tests and from the users who contacted us, we didn't see such behavior. When using the appropriate parameters, the final project size should be always smaller or equal than the original size. 

One parameter which can involve a bigger size is the "One Output File for Each Timeline Clip" which is aimed for a special workflow when the user wants that each clip in timeline refers to a unique file (so if you are using multiple cuts, that could make the final project to be bigger than the first one). So you should keep this parameter disabled. 

Also, "Force One Output Per Input File" will give a project with a smaller size than the original BUT a bigger size than if this option was not used. Same here, if you want the smallest final project (in terms of disk space), you should let this disabled.

More infos about the PlumePack parameters in this article

We would like to check your project to see what's going on and if there is an issue in PlumePack. Could you contact us at [email protected] with the logs of a consolidation process which makes the size to be bigger ? Here is an article about how to report a bug.

Best, Nicolas from Autokroma
  • Looking forward to your AE version!  Please add me to your subscriber list:  greg  -at-  antifreezedesign.com
  • Looking forward to your AE version!   x2 

been waiting for it for a while. As soon as it's out, I'll buy it instantly!
  • Is it possible to give us access to ver 2.07?  I have a Mac system I wish to leave on Mojave.  I tried 2.1.1 and it errored out immediately.  I assume the issue is OS compatibility.  I only need the free version.

Thanks,
    Jef
  • Jef Huey said:
    Is it possible to give us access to ver 2.07?  I have a Mac system I wish to leave on Mojave.  I tried 2.1.1 and it errored out immediately.  I assume the issue is OS compatibility.  I only need the free version.

Thanks,
    Jef
    Hello jeff,

Yes please open a support ticket and we will give you a link to an old version supporting Mojave. 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma
  • This looks good but I have a question.

One of the most aggravating things about PR Project Manager is the way it does not retain or respect original folder structures for collected assets, and just dumps everything into a single folder. This really grates for me. I spend time organising assets so that I can find them or  navigate to them quickly if I need to.

Can Plume Pack collect projects and retain the folder structures of the original assets folder?

Thanks.
  • This looks good but I have a question.

One of the most aggravating things about PR Project Manager is the way it does not retain or respect original folder structures for collected assets, and just dumps everything into a single folder. This really grates for me. I spend time organising assets so that I can find them or  navigate to them quickly if I need to.

Can Plume Pack collect projects and retain the folder structures of the original assets folder?

Thanks.
    Hello Sean,

Yes ! There are actually two different options available in PlumePack :
    • Use the Premiere Pro Project Bins Structure
    • Use the Original Media Structure On Disk with an intelligent algorithm (Only with PlumePack Premium)
    You can find details about all available PlumePack options in this article.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma
  • I downloaded the free version to give it a try. It works ok but there's a major irritation. Everything is named PlumePack. The assets folder is named PlumePack Media, and even the project file is renamed to include '_PlumePack'. Can this be disabled on either this or the full version?
  • I downloaded the free version to give it a try. It works ok but there's a major irritation. Everything is named PlumePack. The assets folder is named PlumePack Media, and even the project file is renamed to include '_PlumePack'. Can this be disabled on either this or the full version?
    Hi Sean,

For the project file name with "_plumepack" at the end you can change it when you click on "PlumePack It!" it opens a File Explorer and you can choose the name of the output project file there.

For the assets folder name yes this is a limitation of the Free version of PlumePack.
    With the premium version you can choose the name of the assets folder in the "Advanced Transform Settings" with the option called "Media Root SubFolder Name" (when this is configured it is registered and will be used for future PlumePack process also).

You can also choose not to have a subfolder with all media inside by unchecking the advanced option called "Place All Media Into Root Subfolder".

Best,

Marion from Autokroma