• How does this plugin compere with the latest version of ReVision FX’ Twixtor? Over the years I found Twixtor generally is only useful when single objects are moving within a composition, otherwise the pixels are torn. This can be quite ugly.

Also, do you see a use for your plugin to retime film that was shot and digitally scanned at 16 or 18 FPS, but needs to go in a 25 FPS timeline? P
  • show some tut how to work with
  • How does this plugin compere with the latest version of ReVision FX’ Twixtor? Over the years I found Twixtor generally is only useful when single objects are moving within a composition, otherwise the pixels are torn. This can be quite ugly.

Also, do you see a use for your plugin to retime film that was shot and digitally scanned at 16 or 18 FPS, but needs to go in a 25 FPS timeline? P
    From my testing, this plugin works obviously better in most of cases. The AI driven optical flow can estimate much more accurate motion than classic method, especially on the object boundary.
    And you can retime film footage from 16/18fps to 25fps, even much high frame rate, you can try try it first, please send a support ticket, if you find the results are not as expected.

• show some tut how to work with

There is a chapter in Manual named "Quick Start' described how to start to work with SpeedX quickly, including: 1. Make sequence longer; 2. Retiming; 3. Frame rate conversion. Please check it out.

Moreover, we will consider to add some tutorial videos.

Thank you very much.

• Do not know if this a trial-specific bug but if I am to apply the effect to a video, set speed to 50%(havent tried other %'s really), pre-compose and move all attributes, then add a freeze-frame at any time on the new precomped layer, AE will hard crash almost immediately 

From my testing, this plugin works obviously better in most of cases. The AI driven optical flow can estimate much more accurate motion than classic method, especially on the object boundary.
    And you can retime film footage from 16/18fps to 25fps, even much high frame rate, you can try try it first, please send a support ticket, if you find the results are not as expected.

Thank you I will give the plugin a try.
  • Do not know if this a trial-specific bug but if I am to apply the effect to a video, set speed to 50%(havent tried other %'s really), pre-compose and move all attributes, then add a freeze-frame at any time on the new precomped layer, AE will hard crash almost immediately 
    Thank you very much for reporting this issue.
    It is a real bug, not trial-specific. We are working to fix it, and will update it soon. 
    There is a workaround: render out the precomposed layer and add the freeze-frame.
  • Using the trial version.

It seems like this plugin has a memory leak. As I use it, the virtual memory for AE just keeps climbing. Even removing the effect doesn't seem to clear it. but each additional playback of the clip causes more and more memory to be allocated for AE. I'm on a mac, latest versions of os & ae.
  • Using the trial version.

It seems like this plugin has a memory leak. As I use it, the virtual memory for AE just keeps climbing. Even removing the effect doesn't seem to clear it. but each additional playback of the clip causes more and more memory to be allocated for AE. I'm on a mac, latest versions of os & ae.
    Thank you for testing and reporting this issue.
    Generally, this plugin comsums a big amount of memory by the deep neural network parameters and caches. After applying the plugin, these memory spaces are allocated, and it does not release automatically when this tool is removed for acceleration purpose in case the user may apply it on another sequence. From code, we do not find obviously memory leak yet, and we will check in-depth, and find a better memory managament mechanism.  Thanks.

• Does what it says but is to simplified, wish it had some more settings/improvements. For example the plugin is taking in the comp framerate not the actual frame rate of the layer that its applied on which means if you have a clip that is 60 fps in a 30 fps comp its not using the clips full 60 fps only sourcing the what is displayed in that comp.  

I think this is a bug, but something I do often is slow down my clip in a precomp with twixtor then in my main comp time remap to get a speeding up and slowing down effect, and speedx does not play nice with effects that alter time. a stuttering effect occurs when I try to do this and I tried a few effects/plugins that change playback speed and it always happened. 

Final thing please change max speed limit from 2000% to as high as possible. This tool does actually do a better job than your main competitor Twixtor at its raw value, but is just lacking the polish for me to make the switch yet. 
  • after eff said:
    Does what it says but is to simplified, wish it had some more settings/improvements. For example the plugin is taking in the comp framerate not the actual frame rate of the layer that its applied on which means if you have a clip that is 60 fps in a 30 fps comp its not using the clips full 60 fps only sourcing the what is displayed in that comp.  
    Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions and comments.
    For the case of mismatching between the frame rate of the footage and comp, we will consider to add controls to handle it better. A simple workaround is to change the footage to match comp frame rate before add the footage to timeline, please refer to  https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/interpret-footage-in-after-effects/ and https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/importing-interpreting-footage-items.html for more information. And also you can check the "frame rate conversion" part in the SpeedX manual to change footage frame rate and convert to desired frame rate.
    I think this is a bug, but something I do often is slow down my clip in a precomp with twixtor then in my main comp time remap to get a speeding up and slowing down effect, and speedx does not play nice with effects that alter time. a stuttering effect occurs when I try to do this and I tried a few effects/plugins that change playback speed and it always happened. 
    Not sure I understand correctly for this issue, you can open a support ticket with more details, then I can understand it and know the issue better. 
    The current SpeedX is computation cost and slow down the whole clip will take much time. You can try to use the frame number mode with keyframes to obtain variable speed change effects.
    Final thing please change max speed limit from 2000% to as high as possible.
    We will make the max speed limit to 100000%.

This tool does actually do a better job than your main competitor Twixtor at its raw value, but is just lacking the polish for me to make the switch yet. 
    Thank you. We will improve it to make it better.
  • trying to use the trial, and on the frames that are supposed to be created there's an X and black screen. how can I judge if this plugin works for me? 
    https://imgur.com/a/Zz3vjAzimage

https://imgur.com/a/Zz3vjAz
    AE 2021, computer with enough resources, 1500x1500 res comp. 
  • trying to use the trial, and on the frames that are supposed to be created there's an X and black screen. how can I judge if this plugin works for me? 

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Did you check the image with the blend mode, still a black frame? Could you please try the footage with lower resolution to check if you get the same results?
    Could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as OS version, GPU card?

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Did you check the image with the blend mode, still a black frame? Could you please try the footage with lower resolution to check if you get the same results?
    Could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as OS version, GPU card?
    thank you Vimager I am writing a support ticket. I thought this was the limitation of the trial - it's a black frame with a white grid. will send everything in a minute
  • Possible to release a CS6 compatible version?
  • Tim K K said:
    Possible to release a CS6 compatible version?
    Sorry, we do not have the plan to support CS6. However, you can try the current trial version, and if there are problems, you can open a support ticket with some information such as OS version, GPU card, and the problem description, we may try to fix it if it is not complicated. Thank you.
  • I have purchased the plugin, and each time I plug in my license code to Premiere Pro or After Effects the app crashes and does not register the product. When I open the application to try again it is still in Demo mode with a watermarked grid overtop of each fabricated frame. 

I installed the plugin via ZXP Installer.

Any thoughts on how I can prevent the app from crashing and register the product with my license code? 
  • I have purchased the plugin, and each time I plug in my license code to Premiere Pro or After Effects the app crashes and does not register the product. When I open the application to try again it is still in Demo mode with a watermarked grid overtop of each fabricated frame. 

I installed the plugin via ZXP Installer.

Any thoughts on how I can prevent the app from crashing and register the product with my license code? 
    We recommend to install using the manager app , please refer to the installation part in manual.
    If there are still problems, please open a support ticket, with some details such as: OS version, GPU card.
    Thank you.
  • hello, I wanted to report a bug that is happening to me, when I put the plugin in after effects it closes and a window appears asking me to report the bug (as if the bug was from after effects) I really want to know how to solve the problem to finally test the plugin, await reply
  • hello, I wanted to report a bug that is happening to me, when I put the plugin in after effects it closes ...

Hello Gabriel, Thank you for reporting this problem. Could you please open a support ticket with some details, such as OS version, GPU card, and AE version? 
  • Hello Vimager,
    Please provide more information of how to use "SpeedX". As it is, your six page PDF Manual goes nowhere near the detail end users need to work with your product. Moreover, ReVision Effects' celebrated Twixtor plugin has a lot more settings, but I nonetheless find it makes more sense than "SpeedX" stripped down UI.
  • Hello Vimager,
    Please provide more information of how to use "SpeedX". As it is, your six page PDF Manual goes nowhere near the detail end users need to work with your product. Moreover, ReVision Effects' celebrated Twixtor plugin has a lot more settings, but I nonetheless find it makes more sense than "SpeedX" stripped down UI.
    Thanks for your suggestions. We will add more information into the manual, maybe more detailed steps on some applications, such as variable speed change. 
    SpeedX is designed with simple UI settings, and and it is supposed to be easy to use. If you have any difficulties on any projects with SpeedX, could you please let us know, perhaps open a support ticket to help us better understand your suggestions and/or feature requests. 
    Thank you.
  • Hello, is it possible to use this tool to create interpolated frames without slowing the clip down? Like if I have 30fps video and want to change it to a 60fps video using the AI-driven interpolation, that would be really cool. but even trying to do half speed with speedx, then doubling the speed of that clip back to normal still doesn't actually give the video extra frames. Is this possible somehow?00
  • Hello, is it possible to use this tool to create interpolated frames without slowing the clip down? Like if I have 30fps video and want to change it to a 60fps video using the AI-driven interpolation, that would be really cool. but even trying to do half speed with speedx, then doubling the speed of that clip back to normal still doesn't actually give the video extra frames. Is this possible somehow?00
    For your case, you need to set "Conform To Frame Rate" in "Interpret Footage" to 60. And extend your sequence in timeline (x2 in length if you convert from 30 fps to 60 fps), and then you can apply SpeedX tool to interpolate frames.
    For more information, please refer to the manual : section "Frame rate conversion" in Page 6, "Make sequence longer" in Page 4.
    Please feel free let us know by opening a support ticket if it does not work or anything unclear.
    Thanks. 
  • Hi!
    I´m wondering if I install the plugin on a PC, will the license be locked to the PC ? or can I use the license on my Macbook also?

BR
    Daniel
  • Hi!
    I´m wondering if I install the plugin on a PC, will the license be locked to the PC ? or can I use the license on my Macbook also?

BR
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel,  You can use the license on Macbook also, you may need to first deactivate on PC via register dialog or manager app.
    Thanks.
  • How does this compare to optical flow in premiere? I do a lot of retiming and would gladly buy this if it can do a better job than optical flow

• How does this compare to optical flow in premiere? I do a lot of retiming and would gladly buy this if it can do a better job than optical flow
    Hello Michael, I think this plugin is obviously better, you can try the trial version (which is fully functional, but with grid line overlay) to check the quality and performance.

Hello Michael, I think this plugin is obviously better, you can try the trial version (which is fully functional, but with grid line overlay) to check the quality and performance.
    Oh yeah...it's amazing. I just tried it. I will be buying this plugin.

Great, thank you for checking it out.

The no answer and no example comparison of optical flow in the video pretty much indicates that this plug-in is a reworked concept of optical flow slapped with a fancy "AI" label.

To my eyes the interpolation blurring looks identical to that of optical flow. If it were true AI I feel like there would be a more controlled result. 

So everyone that bought this plugin basically wasted their money when they could have just used the stock Premiere/After Effects optical flow option and got the exact same result absolutely for free.  

The no answer and no example comparison of optical flow in the video pretty much indicates that this plug-in is a reworked concept of optical flow slapped with a fancy "AI" label.

To my eyes the interpolation blurring looks identical to that of optical flow. If it were true AI I feel like there would be a more controlled result. 

So everyone that bought this plugin basically wasted their money when they could have just used the stock Premiere/After Effects optical flow option and got the exact same result absolutely for free.  
    Thank you for testing it. 
    The quality is varied with the footage content, the plugin may not preceive the motion of object correctly in the cases of motion blur, reflection, transparent, which may cause the interpolation blurry.
    From our testing, it is obviously better then the built-in optical flow based method in most of cases.
    We strongly encourage users to try the plugin with their own footages before purchase.
    Cheers.
  • How does this compare to Twixtor? The price is better and I don't expect it to perform like Twixtor when you slow down footage to a crawl, but would be curious to know where's the spot for SpeedX between Timewarp & Twixtor.
  • How does this compare to Twixtor? The price is better and I don't expect it to perform like Twixtor when you slow down footage to a crawl, but would be curious to know where's the spot for SpeedX between Timewarp & Twixtor.
    From our testing, SpeedX can obtain obviously better quality than the traditonal methods in most of cases. 
    Compare with the traditonal methods, SpeedX is based on the advanced AI technology, and it can produce more natrual results with less artifacts.
    Please note the quality is varied with the footage content, a good way to evaluate it is to try with your own footages (trial version is fully functional, but with the overlay of grid lines) to check the quality and performance. 
    Thank you.

• Really slow in Premiere. Sometimes the playhead gets stuck and I can hear the audio and the picture is frozen.
  • Really slow in Premiere. Sometimes the playhead gets stuck and I can hear the audio and the picture is frozen.
    This plugin is with high computation cost on the GPU card. 
    Premiere Pro will try to render multiple frames once you adjust the parameters, which often makes the processing slow. In order to make the adjustment smooth, you can first set the interpolation mode as blend before making adjustment, once you are satisfied with the settings, then change back the interpolation mode.
  • Crashes immediately on an apple m1 max FYI
  • Dom Smith said:
    Crashes immediately on an apple m1 max FYI
    Did you see the panel of the plugin before crashing?
    Could you please open a ticket, then we can further investigate this problem?
    Thank you.
  • 16 inch macbook M1 Pro

i'm just trying it.

When i apply speedX effect in Premiere Pro 2022, low level exceptional error occur.
    -SpeedX (AEVideoFilter:14)

When i apply speedX effect in after effect 2022, just shutdown program.

• 16 inch macbook M1 Pro

i'm just trying it.

When i apply speedX effect in Premiere Pro 2022, low level exceptional error occur.
    -SpeedX (AEVideoFilter:14)

When i apply speedX effect in after effect 2022, just shutdown program.

The M1 chip is not fully supported yet. We will add the support soon. Thank you.
  • Hi,

First, congratulations, the quality of this plug is way better than twistor or anything I touched before.

Question:
    What is the maximum resolution that this plug-in can work in after effects, PC?
    Can I use s series of still images in tiff uncompressed, precomp it and apply the speedx?
    I'm testing it, but not sure if it's supported.
    Just as a humble suggestion, to avoid GPU compatibility issues, you could eventually develop a small checkbox, that disbales GPU processing, sending everything to CPU processing, like all realvisionfx plugs have.
    Is there any list of GPU that can support this plug?

Testing it here with three computers
    gtx 980ti 6gb, 8 cores/16 threads, 64gb.
    rtx 2080 super 8gb, 8 cores /16 threads, 128GB
    gtx 1080 ti 12gb, Threadriipper 24 cores / 48 theads 258GB memory
    win 10 pro, latest OS updates and gpu studio drivers.

Tested it with AE2020, 2021, 2022, latestest versions in all three PC's
    Using media encoder.

Selecting smooth or sharp interpolation; 8 bit composition
    When using MXF 4k file, I can render the output in full resolution with the grid lines superimposed on the video file, every two frames.

When Using MXF 8k file, it renders one frame and the next frame it's a black frame with the grid.
    Rendering his composition at half resolution, it can render all the frames with the grid on every 2 frames.

When using a series of 19k tiff uncompressed files, it it renders one frame and the next frame it's a black frame with the grid.
    However, if I set the rendering resolution to half, it can render the image with the grid, meaning that it's rendering at 9k.

The only smooth option that works in 8k or higher is the nearest or blend mode in full resolution, but they are aren't useful for me.

Any ideas?

I don't mind to buy the plug, I just wish that it can work in sharp or smooth interpolation.

thx
    pedro

• Hi,

First, congratulations, the quality of this plug is way better than twistor or anything I touched before.

Question:
    What is the maximum resolution that this plug-in can work in after effects, PC?
    Can I use s series of still images in tiff uncompressed, precomp it and apply the speedx?
    thx
    pedro

Thank you very much for the delicated testing.
    Generally, the max resolution processed is limited by the resources mainly on the GPU memory. From testing, 6K resolution footage can be processed with GPU memory of 12GB such as RTX 3060, Titan Xp; and if you want to process 8K, the GPU with more memory is required such as RTX3090.
    Still images (including tiff) are supported, you can try with them with small resolution size.
    The GPU cards which run vulkan are supported, there is a list (Windows and MacOS part). GPU with 4GB memory or more is recommended for processing footage with high resolution.
    Thank you.
  • OK,

From my part, buying an RTX 3090 or something similar is really expensive and at this time next to impossible to find.
    Where I live they are asking US 3.200 for one, and it will not solve my problem for my big compositions (12k up to 22k resolution).

If you could in a future version, just have an option to disable the GPU processing and send everything to the CPU cores, like revisionfx plugs have,then I would buy it.

thanks
    silvia

• OK,

From my part, buying an RTX 3090 or something similar is really expensive and at this time next to impossible to find.
    Where I live they are asking US 3.200 for one, and it will not solve my problem for my big compositions (12k up to 22k resolution).

If you could in a future version, just have an option to disable the GPU processing and send everything to the CPU cores, like revisionfx plugs have,then I would buy it.

thanks
    silvia

CPU version is not implemented, from the python code simulation the CPU version will be slower by around 40 times.
    We will consider to add the CPU version in tthe future, and will let you know once it is finished.
    Thank you.
  • We will consider to add the CPU version in tthe future, and will let you know once it is finished."

Thanks, even at 40 times slower, and using severall workstations, it would fix all GPU limitations.
  • Dom Smith said:
    Crashes immediately on an apple m1 max FYI
    Apple M1 silicon is supported now, could you please check the latest version? Please open a support ticket if it does not work for you. Thank you.
  • Hi there ! Thanks for this plug-in. I downloaded it for try it.

I have a little issue. When I want to slown down a 10 sec clip for example. When I apply a 50% speed ratio, my clip is still a 10 sec. That means that I have only half of my clip. And I can't lengthen my clip to have 20 sec video in this case.

Is that normal ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for the help.
  • Marc Alexandre said: Hi there ! Thanks for this plug-in. I downloaded it for try it.
    I have a little issue. When I want to slown down a 10 sec clip for example. When I apply a 50% speed ratio, my clip is still a 10 sec. That means that I have only half of my clip. And I can't lengthen my clip to have 20 sec video in this case.
    Thanks for the help. This plugin can not extend the video sequence automatically, you need to make the longer sequence manually if necessary
     before you apply the plugin. Could you please check the section "make sequence longer" in Page 5 of the manual? And there are some instructions on the applications of retiming and frame rate comversion. 
    Thank you.
  • Hi there ! Thanks for this plug-in. I downloaded it for try it.
    Thanks for the help.
    This plugin can not extend the video sequence automatically, you need to make the longer sequence manually if necessary before you apply the plugin. Could you please check the section "make sequence longer" in Page 5 of the manual? And there are some instructions on the applications of retiming and frame rate comversion. 
    Thank you.
    Thanks !!! My bad, I should have read the manual first. Thanks for the answer ! 
  • Is the length of clip this can operate on determined by VRAM on the GPU? I have a single video file I'm trying to apply a 50% or greater speed reduction to and every time I try and render it it eventually fails with memory errors or crashes AE. I have a 3080, 32gb of ram on an i7-8700k. The original video was 1080p 60 but i've even tried going down to 720p 30, and draft quality and the render starts out fine but then after about an hour will always crash. Is this just too long of a clip to try and slow down with 10gb of VRAM on a 3080? Do i need to chop up my video and slow it down in chunks? Any help would be appreciated. This is on AE, licensed version, usually the error code that comes up in the logging is Error code: -1609629695. 

edit: looking at posts elsewhere it might be just an AE2022 issue, seems like a lot of other people are reporting similar issues that i'm having (just reinstalled after 5 years or so, so i wasnt sure). I'll give it a shot rendering on 2021 first