• Will we get a connection lines between particles fuction in the future? like plexus?
  • Hello,
    First of all, superior work on creating a stellar particle system plugin.  I was going to be ordering the plugin this week and was curious if StarDust has the capability to create fume fx much in the design of afterworks Fume FX for Cinema 4D?  I see the smoke style which is fantastic.  Just curious on more of a fume - possibly even fire style particle effects.  Thank you so much!
  • Hello,
    First of all, superior work on creating a stellar particle system plugin.  I was going to be ordering the plugin this week and was curious if StarDust has the capability to create fume fx much in the design of afterworks Fume FX for Cinema 4D?  I see the smoke style which is fantastic.  Just curious on more of a fume - possibly even fire style particle effects.  Thank you so much!
    With the latest 1.6 release you can now do Volume Rendering which means you can find any simulation as a VDB file and use in Stardust
  • Any tutorials on the the new volume rendering implementation coming up? I've loaded up my VDB and... nothing.

Also on the Mac version the all important readmefirst pdf is broken. 
  • Any tutorials on the the new volume rendering implementation coming up?

Yes of course! Stay tuned.
  • I have errors:
    internal verification failure, sorry! {effect cannot be NULL}
    (5027::57)
    and
    crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Stardust_Panel"
    (5027::139)
    internal verification failure, sorry! {layerHt cannot be NULL}
    (2017::134)

• I have errors:
    internal verification failure, sorry! {effect cannot be NULL}
    (5027::57)
    and
    crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Stardust_Panel"
    (5027::139)
    internal verification failure, sorry! {layerHt cannot be NULL}
    (2017::134)

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Have you considered adding an event system? I was hoping for Stardust to have this, since it's node-based it feels as a natural feature (and from testing the trial I could not find a way to do that). I mean, being able to make a new particles system emit from the location of particles death/birth/time (this is useful in so many instances)...Currently neither particular or Stardust have this feature and I think this would be more important than any new cool looking feature and would definitely get me to buy.   Just a suggestion ;)
  • How to remove the Stardust license from a machine? My license registered computer died and needs a new motherboard. Do I simply register it again? Couldn't see any option for removing the license. Thanks
  • How to remove the Stardust license from a machine? My license registered computer died and needs a new motherboard. Do I simply register it again? Couldn't see any option for removing the license. Thanks
    Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Hello! Is it possible to make the reflections (environment) in a 3d object more explicit (clear, sharp)? At this point, the reflection from the environment map is blurry. Where can this be regulated (if possible at all)? Didn't find this function. Thanks!
  • Hi there! How do I get the download for the latest update, 1.6.0?
  • Are you able to deform one object into particles, then form those particles into a different object with Stardust?
  • Hi I tryed Stardust with Mac with processor M1 and does'n work:(
  • Hi I tryed Stardust with Mac with processor M1 and does'n work:(

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Has anyone confirmed this is Big Sur compatible? Starting to do spot checks to see if plugins are getting updated or if they even need to be, before I upgrade from Catalina. Thanks!
  • I contacted directly Stardust stuff about some problems I have with Stardust. I didnt get any answer.

So I will try here.

I have about 2 months problems with my AE project files that included Stardust plugin. I cant open this files anymore. My Adobe AE crashes immediately. I cant fix that. I try new project with Stardust plugin, its everything ok. If I save and close this project and than open again, my AE crashes. I contacted Adobe about this and they say, that with my Computer and Adobe AE everything is OK.

Any help?

Kind regards

• I contacted directly Stardust stuff about some problems I have with Stardust. I didnt get any answer.

So I will try here.

I have about 2 months problems with my AE project files that included Stardust plugin. I cant open this files anymore. My Adobe AE crashes immediately. I cant fix that. I try new project with Stardust plugin, its everything ok. If I save and close this project and than open again, my AE crashes. I contacted Adobe about this and they say, that with my Computer and Adobe AE everything is OK.

Any help?

Kind regards

You will not received technical support here. Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Has anyone confirmed this is Big Sur compatible? Starting to do spot checks to see if plugins are getting updated or if they even need to be, before I upgrade from Catalina. Thanks!
    yes it is absolutely compatible!  

if you need technical assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • I cant find any info on how to upgrade to version 1.6.
    there are NO upgrade download links here.
    Can someone please help me with this issue, thank you
  • I cant find any info on how to upgrade to version 1.6.
    there are NO upgrade download links here.
    Can someone please help me with this issue, thank you

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-to-the-latest-version/
  • Anyone get Stardust working with the recently released AE 18 (2021)?  
  • Anyone get Stardust working with the recently released AE 18 (2021)?  
    You need to use the new installers that were posted after 2021 was released.
  • I can't download the 3D library in the presets:
    I tried once,  but then my computer went into sleep mode,  
    when I want to try again, my maximum limit of downloads is reached? 

if you need technical assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Why would I need this if I have Particular?

No particular reason, maybe to make some star dust?
    For me,
    1.I like the node based UI. It's easier to manage complicated particles groups.
    2. their Physical Particles, particles and models can interact, collide and affect each other is pretty amazing.
    3. no subscription pay model.

• Does stardust have a provision for render nodes? I have a small 5 node farm and would gladly move to stardust if there are render node licenses or if they're covered by the main license.
  • Does stardust have a provision for render nodes? I have a small 5 node farm and would gladly move to stardust if there are render node licenses or if they're covered by the main license.

Please open a support ticket here for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/

Please go here for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Is there any way to increase the UI size in the node panel? Everything is so small I can barely read it.
  • Any idea how to stop the particles from actually moving forward along the light path after they've been born? Basically I've created a bit of a "light road" with 40000 particles so it's nice and solid (and pretty quick). Speed is at 0 so I get a nice straight line. The issue is that the particles themselves are still moving so get a chatter effect along the edges. Particular has a way of freezing a particle as soon as it's born so I figure there HAS to be a way to this in Stardust.
  • Can you make glitter in SD?
  • I'm trying to activate the new version, but it's stuck on the Activate window, where I put my name, the license number but the "Activate" button is greyed out. there's a field called "Verification" where I don't know what to put. I just have the license number from the aescripts website :( 
    Can you please assist?

Thank you
  • I'm trying to activate the new version, but it's stuck on the Activate window, where I put my name, the license number but the "Activate" button is greyed out. there's a field called "Verification" where I don't know what to put. I just have the license number from the aescripts website :( 
    Can you please assist?

Thank you

Please see the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/
  • Works in AE 2022 ?
  • Works in AE 2022 ?
    Yes, you just need to download the latest version
  • Toolfarm have Stardust on their MFR compatibility list:-

But I'm getting this with the latest version (1.6.0b)

• Getting that as well on my end, really hoping for full MFR support soon. (and I have 1.6.0b installed)

Toolfarm have Stardust on their MFR compatibility list:-

But I'm getting this with the latest version (1.6.0b)

• Stardust is crashing AE 2022 (22.0.1 Build 2) immediately upon selecting the effect.

Running MBP 16", 2021 (M1 Max), OS 12.0.1

Anyone else out there getting this same crash?
  • Stardust is crashing AE 2022 (22.0.1 Build 2) immediately upon selecting the effect.

Please open a support ticket here for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=974&direct=1
  • Any luck using Stardust on m1 macbook pro max / monterey? I tried w ae 21 and 22 but it crashes straight away when applied.
    I wrote to superluminal but so far did not receive answer, i can’t downgrade to big sur so pretty much stuck. 
    Any Ideas?

Update: I just found response to my ticket, it was written 10 days ago:

Adobe just released a beta version for the After Effects on M1 .
    We are in the process of evaluating the work needed porting Stardust to Apple Silicon , and will update with more info soon.

Regards,

Aharon

• Any luck using Stardust on m1 macbook pro max / monterey? I tried w ae 21 and 22 but it crashes straight away when applied.
    I wrote to superluminal but so far did not receive answer, i can’t downgrade to big sur so pretty much stuck. 
    Any Ideas?

Update: I just found response to my ticket, it was written 10 days ago:

We are in the process of evaluating the work needed porting Stardust to Apple Silicon , and will update with more info soon.

Regards,

Aharon

I've got a similar message last week. It would have been nice if the incompatibility with M1 was mentioned somewhere. Would have saved me some re-installing headaches.
  • Can I use 1 license on my desktop and laptop (not simultaneously, just one machine at a time)? Both are working under my single Windows account.

Same for me. Same Hardware/Software :(
  • Jo Jacobs said:
    Stardust is crashing AE 2022 (22.0.1 Build 2) immediately upon selecting the effect.

Same for me. Same Hardware/Software :(
    This was the official response last week:

Regards,

Aharon

• Is MFR coming to Stardust?
  • This may have been asked before, or there may be documentation on it, but it there a way to use a custom PNG or other kind of flat image as the particle? For example, I want to emit a bunch of custom made starbursts from my own PNG with alpha