• I get a window that states "No fonts found in AE Proj." and I know for a fact that I'm using fonts.
  • Hi Rob,

Thank you for letting me know about this. Please let me assist you with this.

For the "Please save this file to continue" popup, it seems this part of the script was checking prematurely and will be fixed in the next small release update. However, your .aep file do need to be saved in order for Font Collect to work.

Could you try closing the Font collect window UI and opening it again after your file has been fully loaded and let me if it works?
  • **Update**
    2 found bugs have been resolved!

1. Script asking file to be saved upon AE launch
    This has been corrected and will only detect unsaved files when the Font Collect button is pressed and if the file is unsaved.

2. No fonts found in AE Proj
    This has been corrected and will detect newly added fonts in the project.

I hope this helps!
  • I am trialing this script before purchasing and I too am getting an error that says " No fonts found in AE Proj." I am running 1.1 and tried closing the window and reopening it. This is in AE 2022 using the Font Collect trial on Windows 10, my ae project is saved.
  • i download the trial to try it before buy it, but dosnt works on after effects or i dont know how works, i made a composition on after effects, type 2 layers text and save it nothing else, then i click on FONT COLLECT and the pop up appeare, said trial version is limited to 2 comps and 5 layers, ok my projects i make 1 comps and 2 layers but nothing happen. please make a tutorial or fix the problem or tell me please how it works. thanks.
  • I am trialing this script before purchasing and I too am getting an error that says " No fonts found in AE Proj." I am running 1.1 and tried closing the window and reopening it. This is in AE 2022 using the Font Collect trial on Windows 10, my ae project is saved.
    i download the trial to try it before buy it, but dosnt works on after effects or i dont know how works, i made a composition on after effects, type 2 layers text and save it nothing else, then i click on FONT COLLECT and the pop up appeare, said trial version is limited to 2 comps and 5 layers, ok my projects i make 1 comps and 2 layers but nothing happen. please make a tutorial or fix the problem or tell me please how it works. thanks.
    Hi Chris and Fernando,

Thank you for letting me know about the problems you have faced. I've recorded a demo and I hope it helps you both.

Please take note that this script only collects non-Adobe fonts.
    Please let me know if you need any more assistance!

• **Update**

Some of you have requested for a demo video. Apologies for not providing this sooner. But I hear you! I've uploaded a demo video on the main page. I hope this helps to clarify some questions! 
  • Thanks for the response Meng. Even with system fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri) I get the error "No fonts found in AE Proj.".
  • Hi Chris Voelz,

I can't thank you enough for getting back to me. It took me a long while to figure what was going on and it was getting on my nerves. Because I wasn't getting the problem you were facing. But I finally found out what was the problem! Due to the limit of 5 layers in the trial version, any layer numbers lower than 5 causes a problem. Could you try with more layers for the moment?
  • I tried adding more layers including font, shape, and solid layers. There are 11 layers with 6 of them being text with a mix of system and adobe fonts. When clicking "Font Collect" I still get the same error.
  • Hi Chris Voelz,

There was a 2 Compositions and 5 Layers restriction imposed incorrectly. So if the number of compositions did not hit 2, the script wasn't executing properly for the trial.
    I've uploaded a new version v1.2 with trial. This should solve the trial limit error. I hope this helps. Once again, I can't thank you enough.
    i download the trial to try it before buy it, but dosnt works on after effects or i dont know how works, i made a composition on after effects, type 2 layers text and save it nothing else, then i click on FONT COLLECT and the pop up appeare, said trial version is limited to 2 comps and 5 layers, ok my projects i make 1 comps and 2 layers but nothing happen. please make a tutorial or fix the problem or tell me please how it works. thanks.
    Hi Chris and Fernando,

Thank you for letting me know about the problems you have faced. I've recorded a demo and I hope it helps you both.

Please take note that this script only collects non-Adobe fonts.
    Please let me know if you need any more assistance!

Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why. Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.
  • Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why. Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Seriously, thank you for the interest in my product. I will get to the problem of this!
    Firstly, may I check that you have the latest trial version? The latest version is v1.3.
  • Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why.
    Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Seriously, thank you for the interest in my product. I will get to the problem of this!
    Firstly, may I check that you have the latest trial version? The latest version is v1.3.

Yes meng, you are welcom. Its a great aescritp. Very usefull yes I download yesterday your aescript. Today I travell for a week. If you updated the aescritp I will try at return. I'm using cc2019 on a mac.
  • Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why. Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Yes meng, you are welcom. Its a great aescritp. Very usefull yes I download yesterday your aescript. Today I travell for a week. If you updated the aescritp I will try at return. I'm using cc2019 on a mac.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Wow! That's fast! v1.3 was only released 12 hours ago! If you are using the latest trial script, may I check with you that under your Security and Privacy settings for your mac, you have Files and Folders enabled for After Effects and Indesign?

Also, safe travels!

• Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why.
    Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Wow! That's fast! v1.3 was only released 12 hours ago! If you are using the latest trial script, may I check with you that under your Security and Privacy settings for your mac, you have Files and Folders enabled for After Effects and Indesign?

Also, safe travels!

Maybe I have the previously version I dont know. The first comment I post here is the only version I install. Maybe you update. I will check when I'm return. Thanks Meng. Still in touch. Thanks again.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Also, safe travels!

Maybe I have the previously version I dont know. The first comment I post here is the only version I install. Maybe you update. I will check when I'm return. Thanks Meng. Still in touch. Thanks again.
    Sure thing Fernando. See you in a week and safe travels!
  • Hi Meng, I've tried the most recent version 1.3 and am still getting the same error, "No fonts in AE Proj." I have multiple pre-comps and layer and fonts.

Windows 10
    AE 2022
  • Hi Meng, I've tried the most recent version 1.3 and am still getting the same error, "No fonts in AE Proj." I have multiple pre-comps and layer and fonts.

Windows 10
    AE 2022
    Hi Chris, I have a few questions.

1. Would you be able to let me know if your user account is managed by your organization or you are working on your home computer? Do you have administrative rights? Can you try running after effects as administrator?

2. Although the script already has a network check, just to err on the side of caution, could you also make sure that your "
    Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network settings" in the AE preferences is checked?

3. Is your After Effects installed with English as the language?

4. Does the path that you work from or saved the file at contains any special characters like " or '?
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Also, safe travels!

hello again, I couldn't wait, install after effects on a computer here in the hotel haha active Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network settings "in the AE preferences is checked, install a font like fredoka one font, but the font collect doesn't It recognizes it, I chose another font like the gillsans and if it recognizes it. fredoka one it is not an adobe font, its a google font.
    Thanks for answering my question but all my fonts are installed on my machine. I dont have Adobe font. I try a lot of fonts and the script not collect it. I dont know why. Its an excellent aescript invention and I want to buy it but still not working. All my fonts are installed on my local machine.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Also, safe travels!

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Also, safe travels!

hello again, I couldn't wait, install after effects on a computer here in the hotel haha active Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network settings "in the AE preferences is checked, install a font like fredoka one font, but the font collect doesn't It recognizes it, I chose another font like the gillsans and if it recognizes it. fredoka one it is not an adobe font, its a google font.
    Hi Fernando Nardone,

Hi Fernando Nardone,

Also, safe travels!

I hope the hotel has a great view Fernando! haha. Would you be able to give me your email address? I would like to send you a license to have a try at the main product. This back and forth is also killing me and I would just like to know, once and for all, if the trial version is the main culprit of the problems we are facing. I hope you have full administrator rights of the computer in the hotel though!
  • I've sent you a mail Fernando!
    :)
  • As a Motion Artist juggling with so many fonts for all our projects,
    nothing beats having a hassle free plugin to enhance our workflow. 
    This is just simply awesome,
    a simple and intuitive plugin that allows us to compile and collect our fonts into a designated folder with literally just a simple click.
    Thank you ! 
  • As a Motion Artist juggling with so many fonts for all our projects,
    nothing beats having a hassle free plugin to enhance our workflow. 
    This is just simply awesome,
    a simple and intuitive plugin that allows us to compile and collect our fonts into a designated folder with literally just a simple click.
    Thank you ! 
    You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much Martin.
  • Hi Fernando Nardone and Chris Voelz,

I've created a debug mode for Font Collect v1.4. This debug mode is also in the trial, so you can have a go with it if you are interested.
    To run the script with debug mode, hold shift and click the Font Collect button. This will generate a FontCollect_v##_Debug.txt file on your desktop.
    And hopefully with this file, we can know better why this script isn't working on your end.
    You can send the txt file to me at [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you!
  • Wow, this script has saved me a lot of time!
    I used to work for a media agency and also had my fair share of experience as a freelancer,
    so it was always necessary for me to manually collect related fonts and include them in the source files for my clients.
    But now with this, this process can now be performed with a single click!

That's amazing, thanks! Good stuff!
  • Wow, this script has saved me a lot of time!
    I used to work for a media agency and also had my fair share of experience as a freelancer,
    so it was always necessary for me to manually collect related fonts and include them in the source files for my clients.
    But now with this, this process can now be performed with a single click!

That's amazing, thanks! Good stuff!
    I'm so touched by this comment Jason. Thank you so much for this and for purchasing my script.
  • Thank you very much Meng for creating this spectacular script !! works perfect, thank you very much.
  • First, thanks for creating such a (potentially) useful script! I just purchased and installed to Ae 2022, Windows 11, via the aescripts manager. I'm assuming this script only searches the installed system fonts? We use a font manager, fontbase, which does not install fonts to the system. I've ran the script on a few of my recent projects, and created a new ae proj with a comp with 4 different fonts, resulting in "No fonts found and collected (4) out of (4) Fonts not found"
    Would it be possible in a future update to add additional search paths?

Thanks!
  • First, thanks for creating such a (potentially) useful script! I just purchased and installed to Ae 2022, Windows 11, via the aescripts manager. I'm assuming this script only searches the installed system fonts? We use a font manager, fontbase, which does not install fonts to the system. I've ran the script on a few of my recent projects, and created a new ae proj with a comp with 4 different fonts, resulting in "No fonts found and collected (4) out of (4) Fonts not found"

Would it be possible in a future update to add additional search paths?

Thanks!
    Hi Rik Bogusz, thank you for leaving this comment. Font Collect does only collect system fonts at the moment. However, Fontbase does sound like a very good way to work with. So this is definitely worth looking into for future updates. Thank you for this suggestion!
  • Thank you very much Meng for creating this spectacular script !! works perfect, thank you very much.

Thank you so much for leaving this kind comment Fernando! It means a lot to me. Happy Holidays!!
  • I find it spectacular that the fonts it collects are saved in the same folder where the after effects project is. Thanks for that!
  • How your license works on a enterprise environment with several video designers? Thank you :)
  • Hi Christian, for your situation, a floating license server would be ideal. You will need to download the AEScripts floating license server. https://aescripts.com/floating-license-server/

The licenses are managed by AEScripts. For more information on AEscripts license differences, you can read it here.

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-type-faq/

I hope this helps!

• Hi Meng,

Running OS Big Sur with AE CC 2023 (latest version). Fonts are all in my system. I get the error "No fonts in AE Proj.". 
    Do you know if the script is compatible with the latest version? thanks
  • Hi Marco Libretti,

The script is running fine on OS Big Sur with AE V23.2.1. May I know if your fonts are local fonts? FontCollect doesn't collect Adobe fonts and fonts installed from a third party.
    You could try holding shift and pressing the collect button to generate a Log file that will be in your desktop. You can send that to me at [email protected].

Hope to hear from you again.