• I'm intrigued but wouldn't spend money based on a hype video. How about a walkthrough?
  • I downloaded for free and started messing around inside using the user guide on the website .  It seems quite robust for sure and the possibilities go deep.  Not sure if I was supposed to get it for free or not?  I'm a bit confused as well since this has obviously taken a ton of work to create and it's free?  Again, I've literally spent about 20 minutes playing around with the models and procedural options and blown away so far.  I'm just caught off guard with a tool like this dropping in my lap.  

• Is it Apple M1 compatible?
  • I'm intrigued but wouldn't spend money based on a hype video. How about a walkthrough?
    We will have more videos coming but in the meantime, it is designed to be super easy to use, try the free trial and see for yourself :)
  • I downloaded for free and started messing around inside using the user guide on the website .  It seems quite robust for sure and the possibilities go deep.  Not sure if I was supposed to get it for free or not?  I'm a bit confused as well since this has obviously taken a ton of work to create and it's free?  Again, I've literally spent about 20 minutes playing around with the models and procedural options and blown away so far.  I'm just caught off guard with a tool like this dropping in my lap.  

It has a free trial but the license is $99 per year.
  • Is it Apple M1 compatible?
    We do not officially support Helium under Rosetta, It should work, but its not fully tested yet. We will Support Helium on Apple silicon once After Effects will run native on it. 
    There's a fee trial , we would love feedback. Tutorials are on the way.

It has a free trial but the license is $99 per year.
    Oh, yeah - I just overlooked the dropdown completely.  haha.    But to be honest, this is an amazing tool and the value for the price is amazing!  
  • Ehh, $99 yearly license? Going to pass.
  • Ehh, $99 yearly license? Going to pass.
    I have no affiliation with this tool but have you tested this out?  Seriously?  I think coming up with $8.25/month for something like this makes more than enough sense.  Sacrifice one or two coffees a month and you're good.  Perspective is everything.   
  • With 3D options already at my disposal such as Element, Stardust, C4D, and now even Blender, its just not a rational choice for me to spend $99 a year, especially when most of these competing products don't have annual licensing commitments. I'd rather buy it once and support the developer with incremental updates based on how they improve their products. Otherwise, I am paying them $99 year regardless of how they improve their products. 
    Ehh, $99 yearly license? Going to pass.
    I have no affiliation with this tool but have you tested this out?  Seriously?  I think coming up with $8.25/month for something like this makes more than enough sense.  Sacrifice one or two coffees a month and you're good.  Perspective is everything.   

• With 3D options already at my disposal such as Element, Stardust, C4D, and now even Blender, its just not a rational choice for me to spend $99 a year, especially when most of these competing products don't have annual licensing commitments. I'd rather buy it once and support the developer with incremental updates based on how they improve their products. Otherwise, I am paying them $99 year regardless of how they improve their products. 

I totally get it and I work with all those as well.  But this product helps workflow for projects needing specific elements that might take more time elsewhere.  Plus, having the ability to quickly build inside current comps with no downtime or having to leave AE helps a ton.  Also, the options and capabilities that are associated with this skips a lot of steps with no fallout of quality.  I think we all have been waiting for an Element update but not sure that's coming and Helium might just be the next gen for that tool.  Anyway, we all have different methods and just feel this can be a solution to a lot of situations.   As far as price per year - I personally don't care how much a product costs just as long as it adds value and saves time and makes me $$.  I think this product will easily do all that, especially over a course of one year. 
  • Glad to hear that this product is helping you! With that said, I LOVE to spend money on this site. But my love has its limits :) Personally, this developer has no track record to justify why I should give them $99 each year. For all I know, I am just going to buy the same product each year, and the updates are just fixing compatibility issues with future AE builds. So a solid no for me.
    With 3D options already at my disposal such as Element, Stardust, C4D, and now even Blender, its just not a rational choice for me to spend $99 a year, especially when most of these competing products don't have annual licensing commitments. I'd rather buy it once and support the developer with incremental updates based on how they improve their products. Otherwise, I am paying them $99 year regardless of how they improve their products. 

I totally get it and I work with all those as well.  But this product helps workflow for projects needing specific elements that might take more time elsewhere.  Plus, having the ability to quickly build inside current comps with no downtime or having to leave AE helps a ton.  Also, the options and capabilities that are associated with this skips a lot of steps with no fallout of quality.  I think we all have been waiting for an Element update but not sure that's coming and Helium might just be the next gen for that tool.  Anyway, we all have different methods and just feel this can be a solution to a lot of situations.   As far as price per year - I personally don't care how much a product costs just as long as it adds value and saves time and makes me $$.  I think this product will easily do all that, especially over a course of one year. 

• Glad to hear that this product is helping you! With that said, I LOVE to spend money on this site. But my love has its limits :) Personally, this developer has no track record to justify why I should give them $99 each year. For all I know, I am just going to buy the same product each year, and the updates are just fixing compatibility issues with future AE builds. So a solid no for me.
    With 3D options already at my disposal such as Element, Stardust, C4D, and now even Blender, its just not a rational choice for me to spend $99 a year, especially when most of these competing products don't have annual licensing commitments. I'd rather buy it once and support the developer with incremental updates based on how they improve their products. Otherwise, I am paying them $99 year regardless of how they improve their products. 

Fair enough!  And you're totally right with track record, who knows?  But one year for $99 is a small price to pay for the return.  :)  
    We will have more videos coming but in the meantime, it is designed to be super easy to use, try the free trial and see for yourself :)
    Once a Windows version comes out I will
    There's a fee trial , we would love feedback. Tutorials are on the way.
    Happy to once a Windows version is availabe!
  • What type of 3D object files does it allow you to import?
  • What type of 3D object files does it allow you to import?
    OBJ files, with PBR materials. many game assets such as Quixel Megascans, will auto load including the textures, ready to use in your comp. 

• I will have to pass, because an annual license is not justified. And yes, I know how to calculate return on investment, but I for one am not going to support the trend of everything going subscription-based. The trend is killing the business model for the generalist who will only occasionally use a particular plug-in and very seldom needs upgrades. I'm on C4D R21, my Trapcode plug-ins are from 2016 - I haven't had any need for the various upgrades during the years, so I've paid for what value I've actually used, and not a bunch of upgrades I've had no need for.
  • I will have to pass, because an annual license is not justified. And yes, I know how to calculate return on investment, but I for one am not going to support the trend of everything going subscription-based. The trend is killing the business model for the generalist who will only occasionally use a particular plug-in and very seldom needs upgrades. I'm on C4D R21, my Trapcode plug-ins are from 2016 - I haven't had any need for the various upgrades during the years, so I've paid for what value I've actually used, and not a bunch of upgrades I've had no need for.
    Agree. I generally don't have an issue with annual licensing based on some bundled type products such as Adobe Creative Suite, as I know they will push out multiple developments across all their solutions, as there is a proven track record. Besides, I don't see products similar to Helium pushing annual licenses (Stardust, Element, etc etc). Hard pass.
    https://heliumx.tv/user-guide/
    We will have more tutorials in the upcoming days.
  • I guess it just comes down to what type of projects we all do and how often we need this type of tool.  I agree that annual licensing is a tough pill to swallow but as you know Element doesn't do a ton of upgrades and they charge for all the add-ons (which is a ton).  Stardust is amazing and I use that quite often and they upgrade regularly - hard to beat that!  But it seems most of the one time charge products comes with additional charges for all the add-ons while the annual products come with free upgrades and/or add-ons.  But with Helium here, I do feel it has TONS of value and it's a type of tool that I will use regularly so it fits the need.  For others, it might not.  But in the end, it's about the quality of the product and I feel Helium is a damn good one right now with endless potential.  
  • I am definitely going to get this - briefly tested the demo/trial and seems pretty awesome.... just wondering if you are / would consider adding support for GLTF and / or USDZ files? ... I use sketchfab quite a bit to source models for use and the standardization of these formats makes things pretty straightforward w/ texture issues esp...   very cool plugin excited about it
  • I am definitely going to get this - briefly tested the demo/trial and seems pretty awesome.... just wondering if you are / would consider adding support for GLTF and / or USDZ files? ... I use sketchfab quite a bit to source models for use and the standardization of these formats makes things pretty straightforward w/ texture issues esp...   very cool plugin excited about it
    Thank you for the kind words. We will support more formats going forward.For now,  textures with common names auto load when placed in the same folder as the OBJ, please see our user  guide for more info. http://heliumX.tv
  • Followed the tutorial but trial version does nothing on Solid layer. One can read DEMO text as effects.
  • Followed the tutorial but trial version does nothing on Solid layer. One can read DEMO text as effects.
    Please open a support ticket with any question or issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1861&direct=1
  • Would love to pick this up, but with a subscription? SUPER hard pass. Terrible trend that I hope stops for these small publishers. You really should re-think this. Just look at the comments below and average that out over how many sales you are losing. Seems like a no-brainer.
  • It sounds like a really interesting product, but I'm going to echo many others when I say I won't let myself get locked into a subscription-only product. $99 a year seems reasonable, but once customers are locked into using the product (especially for making changes to older projects) then what's to stop the makers from doubling subscription costs (or more) down the line?  I've already been burned by that with Maxon/Red Giant.
  • subscription? really? I am disapointed.. it looks cool, but no way with prepaid time.. I never know when I will need it and how much time I will use it.. So I do not want to pay every year, just to get familiar with the plugin. 
    One subscription to adobe is really enough.
    It is what bear studio did before and I was pushed to stop use their products..

• Would love to pick this up, but with a subscription? SUPER hard pass. Terrible trend that I hope stops for these small publishers. You really should re-think this. Just look at the comments below and average that out over how many sales you are losing. Seems like a no-brainer.

Helium is a set of easy to use tools for Adobe After Effects, it includes 3D Models, Primitives, Spline, Terrain, Scroll , Mirror, Cloners, Volumetric and more at an affordable annual price. In our view, Helium gives great value in a more manageable price, it keeps the users always up to date with the latest updates, it removes uncertainty on  when is the right time to purchase, and it gives us the developers a clear view on maintaining and updating the software, as technology moves fast and the underlying systems are changing and evolving fast. e.g. migrating to Apple Silicon.

We encourage you to try it, we believe it gives great value for the price.

• is this something that could be used say with still images within a house. to create a 3D model, similar to what can be done with those Matterport cameras? But those are like $3-4K.... if it's a YES... then a subscription would be worth it, for me at least.

or am I just dumber than a bag of hammers? (likely)

Thank you.
  • Will this have a physics engine? If so, then I’d definitely consider getting a subscription.
  • I agree with almost everyone else. The subscription is a deal-breaker. Too bad. I was very excited when I saw the promo and read the features. It just doesn't offer enough over other options to justify a subscription in my opinion.
  • I agree with almost everyone else. The subscription is a deal-breaker. Too bad. I was very excited when I saw the promo and read the features. It just doesn't offer enough over other options to justify a subscription in my opinion.
    We encourage you to try it, we believe it gives great value for the price. Packing 3D Models, Primitives, Spline, Terrain, Scroll , Mirror, Cloners,  Volumetric Effects and more. These are everyday 3D tools, that should be useful across many projects, very easy to use and there is no need to learn a new software. Just apply an effect and use it. For less than 9$ a month(paid annually) you get access to over a dozen tools and hundreds of presets.

• Having dived in and spent a few hours testing Helium, there do seem to be some issues with it:
    Strike 1: it will not import and correctly display quite a few OBJs that Element 3D has no problem importing (even though they meet Helium's criteria re: normals, etc.)...
    Strike 2: there does not appear to be an easy way to adjust opacity - of anything - in Helium...
    Strike 3: the elephant in the room - namely the really unpopular subscription model. At least offer a choice of perpetual or subscription, please. Which would surely increase your reach and sales of what could be an excellent product.
    And - please - more in-depth explanatory tutorials, and soon.
    First quick test: ArtStation - MESH, Gary Bird
  • Gary Bird said:
    Having dived in and spent a few hours testing Helium, there do seem to be some issues with it:
    Strike 1: it will not import and correctly display quite a few OBJs that Element 3D has no problem importing (even though they meet Helium's criteria re: normals, etc.)...
    Strike 2: there does not appear to be an easy way to adjust opacity - of anything - in Helium...
    Strike 3: the elephant in the room - namely the really unpopular subscription model. At least offer a choice of perpetual or subscription, please. Which would surely increase your reach and sales of what could be an excellent product.
    And - please - more in-depth explanatory tutorials, and soon.
    First quick test: ArtStation - MESH, Gary Bird
    With any technical issue, please open a support ticket. Helium will auto load many game ready OBJ's with PBR materials in Metallic / Roughness workflow,  as for the materials, Helium supports opaque materials and additive materials.  
  • Thank you Aharon for your reply - the second and third points I made are not strictly technical issues.
    It would be helpful to see a tutorial on how to adjust the opacity of objects, models, materials, etc. in Helium. 
    More tutorials would be welcome.
    As would consideration of the third point I made re: subscription and perpetual licences both being offered?
    Thanks again.
  • Gary Bird said:
    Thank you Aharon for your reply - the second and third points I made are not strictly technical issues.
    It would be helpful to see a tutorial on how to adjust the opacity of objects, models, materials, etc. in Helium. 
    More tutorials would be welcome.
    As would consideration of the third point I made re: subscription and perpetual licences both being offered?
    Thanks again.

Thank you Gary for your comments. Helium set of tools objective is to easily place and animate (position , scale, rotation) 3D models inside After Effects, whether its an external 3D model, or one that was created using the various tools, 3D text, Primitives, Splines, Terrain, Scroll and more. To simplify the process you don’t have much control over the settings of the imported Models, these should be compatible with the specs that Helium supports, but these specs are very common , and there are many large libraries such as Quixel Megascans assets that you can import in a single click with the materials. Helium is a different tool then Element 3D, which is a great tool, and we see it for different purposes.

Materials - Helium uses a very common Metal / Roughness PBR workflow, while I believe that  Element uses a different one (please refer to their documents) so the same materials can not be applied ,  you can read about the different PBR worflows here : 

https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials/courses/the-pbr-guide-part-2

Opacity in ‘Near Real Time’ renderers is very limited, due to technical limitations, Helium has additive materials, and will have more options going forward.

Tutorials are in the making, and with any question please send us an email.

Helium has everyday 3D tools, that should be useful across many projects, very easy to use and there is no need to learn a new software. Just apply an effect and use it. For less than 9$ a month(paid annually) you get access to over  a dozen tools and hundreds of presets. we believe it gives great value for the price.

Please open a support ticket so we can look into specific models etc that doesn't work. Or other technical issues. Aharon

• I agree with most comments here that a subscription (even as great a value you believe it to be) is a hard pill to swallow when there are already several alternative tools that offer similar if not identical functionality without a subscription cost (Element 3D, Stardust, C4D Lite). If you can show where this tool is actually going to be better, easier & faster then those alternatives then I can understand your pricing model but based on what is shown currently it doesn't appear to be far enough along in development to justify the cost yet.
  • I agree with most comments here that a subscription (even as great a value you believe it to be) is a hard pill to swallow when there are already several alternative tools that offer similar if not identical functionality without a subscription cost (Element 3D, Stardust, C4D Lite). If you can show where this tool is actually going to be better, easier & faster then those alternatives then I can understand your pricing model but based on what is shown currently it doesn't appear to be far enough along in development to justify the cost yet.
    And I agree with this agreement! : ) You folks keep giving the same replies, that YOU think the subscription is justified/a good value. Perhaps read the room a bit better?

• I've been waiting all along to read more comments...I'll probably compulsively break down and buy your license, knowing that I'll use your tool 3 or 4 times in the year (it will worth it, I dunno). But I think in the end - and haters gonna hate-, whatever the business model is (when the price isn't too high and it is the case), we need to support third-party developers.
  • But I think in the end - and haters gonna hate-, whatever the business model is (when the price isn't too high and it is the case), we need to support third-party developers.

And I agree with this agreement! : ) You folks keep giving the same replies, that YOU think the subscription is justified/a good value. Perhaps read the room a bit better?

If I spent my life reading rooms and following the popular vote I wouldn't be myself and definitely wouldn't push boundaries.  I find that we all make decisions that we feel will better who we are as individuals.  It's his product and he can model it however he likes - we also don't know ALL the people that have bought the product & as you know not everyone comments.  All we see is people complaining, not the whole picture.  Maybe if you were to see the whole picture from above, the room you want to read might have a different story than you think.  Again, to each their own and if the product works for the person then it's a win.  If not, then stay away.  Choice is a great thing!
  • Hey guys:

Looks like a very interesting tool. Does it work with vector files? (.esp or .ai)

Thanks!

• Hey guys:

Looks like a very interesting tool. Does it work with vector files? (.esp or .ai)

Thanks!

You can extrude Text Layers and Masks on Solids. 
  • Honestly, anyone considering buying this should just learn a real 3d program and save yourself the headache of pretending you can reasonably make 3d graphics in After Effects. Especially if somebody is trying to charge you $100 a year for a plugin. Pass.
  • Honestly, anyone considering buying this should just learn a real 3d program and save yourself the headache of pretending you can reasonably make 3d graphics in After Effects. Especially if somebody is trying to charge you $100 a year for a plugin. Pass.
    Hi Keenan , thank you for your comment , Any 3D plugin does not replace a dedicated 3D package, Helium purpose is to easily apply 3D effects without learning a new 3D software, when you just need to place a 3D model ,  animated 3D text, 3D Spline etc', this saves time, for artists who don't have the capacity of learning a new software only for extruding some shapes or just want to apply something quickly.  
    What I would like to know is if you tried Helium and have a critique on the features and performance or are you just giving it a pass because of the $99 subscription fee?
  • Does it work with the latest MacBook Pro's Max using the M1 chip? 
  • Interested in having a look at this.
    Spent some time looking at your videos and reading the user guide but I am still unsure if it is of any use or offers anything I don't already have, you haven't sold me on needing this plugin or even if I should spend the time downloading the trial.
    It may be worth your while making some tutorials or a few more demo videos. I would like to see some examples of how your plugin is a better alternative to E3D or Stardust and the features it has that they lack? The only one I can see from the user guide is 'Fill Cloner – Clone using non overlapping circles, enable you to scatter non overlapping objects'. That does sound useful. Does it have any other features that they don't?
    Will download the trial and give it a go.
    To be honest I would be happy to buy it now without even trialing it for a one off fee of $99.. Will have to be 'amazing' for me to want pay that every year even if I can claim it as a tax deduction.
    Can't be easy making a plugin like this, getting one off sales would have better returns then the few repeat yearly customers + if you can get the plugin out there and used then others will make tutorials, reviews etc that is great promotion for any plugin.