Depth Scanner
  • Will there be another sale when the Mac version is released? And do you have a rough ETA on that?
  • Will there be another sale when the Mac version is released? And do you have a rough ETA on that?
    I second the above!  
  • I will also pay through the nose for an OSX version...
  • Put me down for a Mac version, too!
  • Does this work on still images or only video? 
  • Is it possible to see examples of the temporal coherence on a video clip with subjects in motion?
  • + 1 Mac version ASAP.
  • Mac version! Stat! Take my money!! Please! If I buy the Windoz version now while the sale is on can I swap it to the Mac version later?
  • Mac version! Stat! Take my money!! Please! If I buy the Windoz version now while the sale is on can I swap it to the Mac version later?
    Yes if you buy now you will be able to use the same license on mac when it is available.

• Is it possible to see examples of the temporal coherence on a video clip with subjects in motion?

You can download the free trial and try it on your own footage.
  • Please, with Mac ! :-)
  • What is the ETA for the Mac version? Need it now!!
  • I am getting an entry point error when I try to open AE with this plugin installed into mediacore. Has anyone here had this problem and fixed it? 

Yes I already opened a support ticket. I am just here to ask the community for support as I am in a time crunch and haven't gotten a response on my support ticket. Thanks
  • I am getting an entry point error when I try to open AE with this plugin installed into mediacore. Has anyone here had this problem and fixed it? 

Yes I already opened a support ticket. I am just here to ask the community for support as I am in a time crunch and haven't gotten a response on my support ticket. Thanks
    I'm afraid I don't have a solution but just wanted to highlight the same issue. It was working fine, then with no changes to my system I suddenly get this error

I have actually found a fix. I moved the Depthscanner folder from mediacore to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2022\Support Files\Plug-ins\Format\

and now it works
  • Why is there no uninstaller? This install is pretty large and after the trial I had to manually find these folders to delete. 
  • Hello!  MAC VERSION!! 
  • Hi all, we are working on a new release, which will tackle both the missing uninstaller as well as the other errors you mentioned here!
  • when downloading trial it seems there are two versions, 1 for GPU and 1 for windows (which I assume runs with no GPU support or if you only have samller 1 or  2GB Nvidia cards? or will it work even with that? Why two version? any reason to choose one over the other?
  • Works great. The install through AEScripts manager wasn't working though, "no compatible version" message, but i do have AE22 installed. Had to do a manual install.

thanks this plugin is super cool
  • +1 Mac Version too pls
  • Hi just downloaded to test , getting an error :

"internal verification failure, sorry {bad compute receipt or not checked out}"

If I lower my resolution to half it renders OK.  is that related to it being trial? or might be something else?, if the problems is only for being trial, I buy it immediately.
  • friends all work on WIndows if you copy the "data"* folder to C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and the plugin itself to the plugin folder in AE. That's it. it works!
  • friends all work on WIndows if you copy the "data"* folder to C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and the plugin itself to the plugin folder in AE. That's it. it works!
    Nope did that and it don't work still can't find main entry point for the plugin.
  • So! apparently you still didn't understand. Again. See the path carefully, or copy it better.

We copy here from an incorrectly installed path - it does not fall into the "data" folder during installation - you need to transfer it. The right path.
    1. - folder contents - "data" > > C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats
    2. -The .aex * plugin itself needs to be thrown here.
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\Format

friends all work on WIndows if you copy the "data"* folder to C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and the plugin itself to the plugin folder in AE. That's it. it works!
    Nope did that and it don't work still can't find main entry point for the plugin.

• So! apparently you still didn't understand. Again. See the path carefully, or copy it better.

We copy here from an incorrectly installed path - it does not fall into the "data" folder during installation - you need to transfer it. The right path.
    1. - folder contents - "data" > > C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats
    2. -The .aex * plugin itself needs to be thrown here.
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\Format

friends all work on WIndows if you copy the "data"* folder to C :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and the plugin itself to the plugin folder in AE. That's it. it works!

Like I said the first time, for me your way did not work no matter how you try to tell it! But I did find that copying the data folder to the adobe plugins folder along with the Depth Scanner plugin does work. 
  • There seems to be real issues with this right now, so I will wait for a re-release of a version that installs correctly and easily. Also - please give us some tutorials! Thanks :)
  • Gary Bird said:
    There seems to be real issues with this right now, so I will wait for a re-release of a version that installs correctly and easily. Also - please give us some tutorials! Thanks :)
    We have released version 1.1.0 which includes an updated installer as well as several stability fixes!
  • We have released version 1.1.0 which includes an updated installer as well as several stability fixes!

Hi! any changes on the last version in quality or is just stability and installer?

• We have released version 1.1.0 which includes an updated installer as well as several stability fixes!

Hi! any changes on the last version in quality or is just stability and installer?

UPDATE:

Installed new version, getting a ton random unprocessed frames, will uninstall and get back to the previous one until I know what the problem might be.

• Having a lot of problems, the plugin is a great one, but needs a lot of improvement, and asking such a high price when it needs so much improvement is not sitting very well with me.

UPDATE:

Installed new version, getting a ton random unprocessed frames, will uninstall and get back to the previous one until I know what the problem might be.

Hey Antonio, can you please open a support ticket describing the problem: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
  • Hey Kevin,

what problems do you have? Can you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
    Having a lot of problems, the plugin is a great one, but needs a lot of improvement, and asking such a high price when it needs so much improvement is not sitting very well with me.

UPDATE:

Hey Antonio, can you please open a support ticket describing the problem: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
      Done.
  • Any idea when there might be a Mac version? Thanks.
  • If I purchse now will I get the mac version when it comes out/
  • When will the Mac version come out? 
  • why is it trying to reboot my computer on install?
  • Since the 3D part of life is still gone to windows it would be great to you see the many motion-lovers and AE users working on macOS systems out there... this plugin looks so amazing, i hope it will come out soon for macOS. Keep up that fancy work! Thanks!
    I would like to understand this as well.  
    I would like to understand this as well.  
    The installer installs visual studio runtime dependencies. It's setup asks for a restart in some cases. Can't prevented, but we'll document this behaviour!
  • Just another +1 for the Mac version. :) thank you!
  • Is a Resolve or Fusion version on the roadmap?
  • Just tried the upgrade for this plugin 1.1.1, I hope you mean compatibility with AE 2022? Any  way tried it out and had a hard crash, it shut down AE and even windows explorer had to be restarted. So had to reboot.
  • Hi,

Any tutorial on how to achieve the Slicing and Grading effect as shown in the promo video?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

Any tutorial on how to achieve the Slicing and Grading effect as shown in the promo video?

Thanks!
    1. Apply the Depth Scanner effect, let it calculate the depth, change the mode from Depth Map to Slicing.
    2. Then you can make the maximum value dependent on the minimum value with a fancy expression like "effect("Depth Scanner")(14)+10".
    3. You can then animate the minimum value.
    4. Add the desired effects to the layer.
    5. Duplicate the layer as desired and adjust everything.
    6. Done.

Edit: You could also dissable the normalize property and animate the absolute depth instead the max and min values like kim jongyoung shows in the video. Different way, same result.
  • Could you let us know if a Mac version is even being planned? It'd be great to know an estimate even if it's just the potential year it might be released.
  • I'd like to second John Donne's comment - would love to know when the Mac Version is being planned. At the very least - wanted to help support the idea that there is market demand for it :D
  • In theory a great plugin. In practice (demo version) it demands a enormous need for massive GPU RAM. Its not working with a 2080ti properly even in lower resolutions like 1080p. The CPU version is extremly slow and not useable in practice. Running on a 10 core, 4.9 GHZ Intel machine with 64 GB RAM and a 2080ti