• HI, Green Screen in Adobe PR, WIN10, Last NVIDIA Studio Driver 460.89 RTX 2080. Where is point here? https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/167762/en-us

Thanks

• Could you please try to downgrade the driver to 457.51? Thank you.
    HI, Green Screen in Adobe PR, WIN10, Last NVIDIA Studio Driver 460.89 RTX 2080. Where is point here? https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/167762/en-us

Thanks

• Could you please try to downgrade the driver to 457.51? Thank you.
    HI, Green Screen in Adobe PR, WIN10, Last NVIDIA Studio Driver 460.89 RTX 2080. Where is point here? https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/167762/en-us

Thanks

• Hi, it's bad solution to download and install regular rtx driver, because studio drivers dedicated for many softwares which I use. Can you fix problem for studio drivers?
    Thanks a lot and thanks for this plugin
  • I could not reproduce this problem with the studio driver 460.89. Did you ever make this plugin work with the older driver version? Could you please open a support ticket with more details, and then I can further investigate into this problem?

Hi, it's bad solution to download and install regular rtx driver, because studio drivers dedicated for many softwares which I use. Can you fix problem for studio drivers?

• Dear author, with new nvidia studio driver 461.40 everything ok now :) Thanks

I could not reproduce this problem with the studio driver 460.89. Did you ever make this plugin work with the older driver version? Could you please open a support ticket with more details, and then I can further investigate into this problem?

Hi, it's bad solution to download and install regular rtx driver, because studio drivers dedicated for many softwares which I use. Can you fix problem for studio drivers?

• Dear author, with new nvidia studio driver 461.40 everything ok now :) Thanks
    I could not reproduce this problem with the studio driver 460.89. Did you ever make this plugin work with the older driver version? Could you please open a support ticket with more details, and then I can further investigate into this problem?

Glad to know the problem is solved. Thank you very much for the feedback. 
  • I am not getting the love with a Mac Pro 2019 with a AMB Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB GPU.  I get a green screen in "Advanced".  This is a very new and powerful card.  Shouldn't it be working?
  • I am not getting the love with a Mac Pro 2019 with a AMB Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB GPU.  I get a green screen in "Advanced".  This is a very new and powerful card.  Shouldn't it be working?
    It is supposed to work well. Could you please uninstall and reinstall using the aescripts + aeplugins manager app? If it still does not work, please open a ticket with more details, such as macOS version, AE or PR version?
  • Hi, I'm trying out Scale up using After Effects, but I'm not seeing much of an improvement when scaling from 720 to 1080.  I'm on a brand new iMac Pro running Catalina, and I'm not seeing the green screen you reference in your documentation, but I'm not seeing much of a difference between just scaling up the video size and when using ScaleUp.  

Could I be doing something wrong?  

I tried adjusting all the settings, and it definitely looks better using the Advanced mode than the other two options, but it's not a very noticeable improvement over using no plugin at all.  

I don't mean to sound as if I'm dissing your product, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong

Thanks!
  • Mike Fox said:
    Hi, I'm trying out Scale up using After Effects, but I'm not seeing much of an improvement when scaling from 720 to 1080.  I'm on a brand new iMac Pro running Catalina, and I'm not seeing the green screen you reference in your documentation, but I'm not seeing much of a difference between just scaling up the video size and when using ScaleUp.  

Could I be doing something wrong?  

I tried adjusting all the settings, and it definitely looks better using the Advanced mode than the other two options, but it's not a very noticeable improvement over using no plugin at all.  

I don't mean to sound as if I'm dissing your product, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong

Thanks!
    Thank you very much for the testing.
    It is supposed to obtain obviously better and sharper results than the build-in plugin, and how much the improvement also depends on the footage you are using, usually the effects are not so significant on the blur, or highly compressed footages. 
    And more obviously improvements can be found with larger scaling factor such as from 720 to 2160, or to 2880.
    Less 'Denoise' can make the results sharper, try to set it small or 0 if the footage is not with much noises.
    And drag 'Sharpen' slide to the right to add more sharpness.
    If you still can not see the expected results, please open a ticket with more details, and share us a single frame for investigation if possible.

Cheers.

• Hello. Great plugin but I have to report a big issue that makes it unusable for me:

Using it in the latest version of Premiere Pro to upscale a 1920x1080 footage to 4K. It makes the computer completely shut down with no blue screen or freezing after about a few seconds of use!

I tested it 3 times. Same result.

AMD 3960x
    RTX 3090
  • Hello. Great plugin but I have to report a big issue that makes it unusable for me:

Using it in the latest version of Premiere Pro to upscale a 1920x1080 footage to 4K. It makes the computer completely shut down with no blue screen or freezing after about a few seconds of use!

I tested it 3 times. Same result.

AMD 3960x
    RTX 3090
    Thank you for reporting the issue.
    Did you try on the lower resolution footage or on After Effects? Did it ever work in some cases?
    Could you please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1664 with more details (such as OS version, GPU driver version), and then I can further investigate into this problem?
  • The film I'm working on and needed this plugin for is being globally released in 2 days. So I'm slammed with work.

I will investigate more and create a support ticket later. I have another PC here with a 6900K (intel) CPU and a GTX 1080. I will test the exact same sequence on that PC too.

What I'm confused about is that I never thought a software issue can make the PC completely shut down without any freezing or blue screen!
  • Im actually having trouble installing it, i click in 'Try' and download it, and in the manual says to paste the unzipped file ‘ScaleUp.aex’to the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\, but i don't have that folder so i copy to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore but when i open the after effects it says 'The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:'. Then i tried copying to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)\Common and the same message appeared. After that i tried C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins, i opened the program, until then it's was fine but when i tried to use the effects another error: 'plug-in ScaleUp.aex could not be loaded (126) ( 48 :: 46)', if all these (two) errors wasnt enough there was also one saying 'invalid filter' i tried so many ways and none of them worked, if anyone can help pls
  • Im actually having trouble installing it, i click in 'Try' and download it, and in the manual says to paste the unzipped file ‘ScaleUp.aex’to the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\, but i don't have that folder so i copy to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore but when i open the after effects it says 'The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:'. Then i tried copying to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)\Common and the same message appeared. After that i tried C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins, i opened the program, until then it's was fine but when i tried to use the effects another error: 'plug-in ScaleUp.aex could not be loaded (126) ( 48 :: 46)', if all these (two) errors wasnt enough there was also one saying 'invalid filter' i tried so many ways and none of them worked, if anyone can help pls
    Hi Isabela, just try to manually make a 7.0 folder then the MediaCore folder, and paste the plugin there. Possibly, you need to upgrade the After Effects to the latest version, and update GPU driver.  If it does not work, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1664. Thank you.
  • Product untested I'm guessing "Scale UP" is a useful, cheaper version of Topaz Labs' "AI Video Enhance". The prime difference may be that Topaz' only offer varied models for up-scaling, de-interlacing and de-blocking? In any case, from experience I've found no up-scaling or re-sizing plugin works all the time, and none offer a complete range of useful modifiers such as a sliding scale to manually de-block; de-noise, reduce blurring, create edge blurring and fine to coarse sharpening.
  • I like this plugin a lot but it slows down my system. I have a 12 core processor and an NVIDIA Titan X graphics card. It doesn't seem like there's a way to find out what hardware is being used. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but IDK. Let me know if I'm missing something.
  • Steven Blest said: I like this plugin a lot but it slows down my system. I have a 12 core processor and an NVIDIA Titan X graphics card. It doesn't seem like there's a way to find out what hardware is being used. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but IDK. Let me know if I'm missing something.
    This plugin is GPU-accelerated, most of the heavy computation is taken on GPU card. And if the Titan X card is the only graphics card which will be used for display and computation, it is possible to slow down the system obviously. Please open a support ticket i
    f the render speed is extremely slow, i.e. less than 1fps for 2K image, or any other problems. Thank you.
  • I like this plugin a lot but it slows down my system. I have a 12 core processor and an NVIDIA Titan X graphics card. It doesn't seem like there's a way to find out what hardware is being used. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but IDK. Let me know if I'm missing something.
    This plugin is GPU-accelerated, most of the heavy computation is taken on GPU card. And if the Titan X card is the only graphics card which will be used for display and computation, it is possible to slow down the system obviously. Please open a support ticket if the render speed is extremely slow, i.e. less than 1fps for 2K image, or any other problems. Thank you. It's pretty slow. I can't even play it on my timeline when its set to 1920x1080 at 1/4 resolution. It slows down and then freezes.
  • Hi, I just get green.  Does this mean my GPU isn't supported? (ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB)  Many thanks.
  • Hi, I just get green.  Does this mean my GPU isn't supported? (ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB)  Many thanks.
    This GPU model is not supported. It is recommended to use GPU with 2GB or more memory. Sorry for this problem.
  • Hi, works but getting white grid on try out .

Is this to eb expected?

A.
  • Hi, works but getting white grid on try out .

Is this to eb expected?

A.
    It is expected. It means that the plugin is not licensed yet if you are seeing the white grid. Thank you.
  • Hey there -- I'm getting a crash too.

64gb ram
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6143MB
    4ghz 8 core processor
    High Sierra
    AE v. 17.6.0 Build 46

When I use it at all (even on an empty project applying it to a solid) the error is 
    "After Effects can't continue: ScaleUp plug-in generated an unexpected exception."

Then a crash.

Sadly, updating my After Effects and OS isn't an option, because I'm on a hackintosh. I assume that would solve my issues. But do you know any other workarounds?
  • Hey there -- I'm getting a crash too.

64gb ram
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6143MB
    4ghz 8 core processor
    High Sierra
    AE v. 17.6.0 Build 46

When I use it at all (even on an empty project applying it to a solid) the error is 
    "After Effects can't continue: ScaleUp plug-in generated an unexpected exception."

Then a crash.

Sadly, updating my After Effects and OS isn't an option, because I'm on a hackintosh. I assume that would solve my issues. But do you know any other workarounds?
    Hello, Thank you for reporting this issue.
    If it still crashes, could you pls open a support ticket and attach the crash log if posisble?
    Thank you.
  • Hello Vimager!

Is there a way I can contact you via Email at all? I'd love to talk to you about this plugin.

Thank you! 
  • Hello Vimager!

Is there a way I can contact you via Email at all? I'd love to talk to you about this plugin.

Thank you! 
    Hey David, 
    Thank you very much for your interests in this plugin. Could you please open a support ticket to discuss more?
    Thank you.

• Hello vimager
    I would to try your plugin before to buy it
    But when I try to instal it, it don't work, he don't find it in the panel effect
    And I have a message error when I double click on it 

I have a MacBook Pro M1 Max, with Premiere 2022
    They will have a fix ?

Thank you for your response

Tony
  • Hello vimager
    I would to try your plugin before to buy it
    But when I try to instal it, it don't work, he don't find it in the panel effect
    And I have a message error when I double click on it 

I have a MacBook Pro M1 Max, with Premiere 2022
    They will have a fix ?

Thank you for your response

Tony
    Hi Tony, 
    The current version does not support M1, we are working on it.
    And now we have a working build with some new features, if you are interested in it, could you please open a support ticket, then I can send you this new version for testing.
    Thank you.
  • I would like to know if it is possible to upscale from 8K to 16K with this PlugIn?
  • I would like to know if it is possible to upscale from 8K to 16K with this PlugIn?
    This plugin can upscale from 8K to 16K, need to set the scale ratio as 200%. 
    Please try the trial first to check if it works on your machine.
    Thank you.
  • Is there a secret to getting this to work in CC2018 either AE or PP? does not find the plugin when in the same place as 2021 of each version. On 2021 the plugin loads and can crashes premier, but will scale to frame size in AE. It will crash in both (literally kills the programs and shuts them  down if you choose custom scale which in my case is what I need and when needing 200%+. Really wanting this plugin to work and it is a need to scale clean. Also, I did try to work with clips on their own (not from a timeline, adobe PP sync with AE) so even if it struggles within a larger project, I would think it would work on a single clip when the clip is the only thing you have (dedicated project, no audio etc.) 
    graphics card when it shows in 2021 Windows 10 is Nvidia GTX series (2GB of Vram). intell I7 x series 6 core as the processor (8GB system ram). all SSD harddrives 
  • Is there a secret to getting this to work in CC2018 either AE or PP? does not find the plugin when in the same place as 2021 of each version. On 2021 the plugin loads and can crashes premier, but will scale to frame size in AE. It will crash in both (literally kills the programs and shuts them  down if you choose custom scale which in my case is what I need and when needing 200%+. Really wanting this plugin to work and it is a need to scale clean. Also, I did try to work with clips on their own (not from a timeline, adobe PP sync with AE) so even if it struggles within a larger project, I would think it would work on a single clip when the clip is the only thing you have (dedicated project, no audio etc.) 
    graphics card when it shows in 2021 Windows 10 is Nvidia GTX series (2GB of Vram). intell I7 x series 6 core as the processor (8GB system ram). all SSD harddrives 
    It is supposed to work in CC2018 directly, could you try to install it uisng manager app?  If it does not work for you, could you please open a suppport ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU configration?
    Usually, the 2GB memory of GPU is not enough for high reslution footage, please check the GPU requirements part in the manual. You can try from small footage size, if it still crashes and please open a support ticket.
    Thank you.
    It is supposed to work in CC2018 directly, could you try to install it uisng manager app?  If it does not work for you, could you please open a suppport ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU configration?
    Usually, the 2GB memory of GPU is not enough for high reslution footage, please check the GPU requirements part in the manual. You can try from small footage size, if it still crashes and please open a support ticket.
    Thank you.
    tried with manager app as I just dropped the plugin in common. footage is SD resizing to fit inside a 1920 x 816 frame, so not really enlarging HD footage to UHD or anything and trying in CC2021 and 2018 and same. Specs for my PC where for premier pro cc, build 14 windows 10. The 2018 is windows 7 and 16GB or ram and a built in video card that might not be even 1GB of ram, but seemed faster than windows 10 and an Nvidia card. The PC I want to use is the windows 10 with 40GB of ram (I just added 32). I would prob not be interested in using this on the 2018CC windows 7 as that is just an extra PC and was test. I will open a support ticket
  • Crashes immediately on an m1 max FYI
  • Crashes on an M1 Mac as well... instantly.  Will there be an update to fix this? Just downloaded the latest version 1.2.0. Release date 11-25-21
  • Crashes on an M1 Mac as well... instantly.  Will there be an update to fix this? Just downloaded the latest version 1.2.0. Release date 11-25-21
    The M1 chip is not fully supported yet. We are working on it, fix it soon. Thank you.
  • Can't render my project after update because scale is locked to 100% or less?

Premiere Cc2021
    AMD Ryzen 5900x
    RTX 3060
    And RTX 1070ti
  • Max HHH said:
    Can't render my project after update because scale is locked to 100% or less? Premiere Cc2021 AMD Ryzen 5900x RTX 3060 And RTX 1070ti
    Could you please try to remove the plugin and reapply it again? Please open a support ticket if it does not work. Thank you.

• Max HHH said:
    Can't render my project after update because scale is locked to 100% or less? Premiere Cc2021 AMD Ryzen 5900x RTX 3060 And RTX 1070ti
    Could you please try to remove the plugin and reapply it again? Please open a support ticket if it does not work. Thank you.
    I swear I had tried that but this time it worked. Thanks!
  • Max HHH said:

Max HHH said:
    I swear I had tried that but this time it worked. Thanks!
    Glad to know the prblem is solved. Thank you.
    The M1 chip is not fully supported yet. We are working on it, fix it soon. Thank you.
    Is there any news? Because we need this plugin working for our client projects! :(
    Is there any news? Because we need this plugin working for our client projects! :(
    Still working on it. Seems a little complicated, we will let you know and update the version once it is done. If your project is urgent, you may need to consider to use other machines. Sorry for this inconvience.
    The problem is fixed, could you please check the latest version? Please open a support ticket if it does not work for you. Thank you.
  • This plugin is incredible, and easily one of the most helpful and recommendable plugins I've come across (and I've doing this a while). The new version that is M1 compatible is really fast. Not-quite realtime fast, but the fact that I get playback at all is inside.

This plugin has saved my bacon a number of times when footage has come in at an insufficient res. 
  • This plugin is incredible, and easily one of the most helpful and recommendable plugins I've come across (and I've doing this a while). The new version that is M1 compatible is really fast. Not-quite realtime fast, but the fact that I get playback at all is inside.

This plugin has saved my bacon a number of times when footage has come in at an insufficient res. 
    Thank you very much. Glad to know you are satisfied with this plugin. Cheers.
  • Hi there,

I would like to try this plugin before buying and I'm having trouble actually applying it. My footage is 576p and I'm trying to upscale it to 1080p in after effects. I've installed the plugin and then dragged onto my footage in 1080p comp. I've selected fit to height 1080 or fit to width 1920 from the Output Size drop down- all I get are a series of yellow and red squares with a grid pattern. I think this might be something to do with the anchor point, as I can drag that around until the image appears, but I'm still not convinced the effect is actually doing anything. If you could please advise what I'm doing wrong, that would be great.

Thanks so much and best wishes,

Maja
  • Hi there,

I would like to try this plugin before buying and I'm having trouble actually applying it. My footage is 576p and I'm trying to upscale it to 1080p in after effects. I've installed the plugin and then dragged onto my footage in 1080p comp. I've selected fit to height 1080 or fit to width 1920 from the Output Size drop down- all I get are a series of yellow and red squares with a grid pattern. I think this might be something to do with the anchor point, as I can drag that around until the image appears, but I'm still not convinced the effect is actually doing anything. If you could please advise what I'm doing wrong, that would be great.

Maja
    The grid pattern is expected for non-registered version. Once the plugin is registered, the grid lines overlay will be removed. There should be someting wrong with the yellow and red squares, could you please open a ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU model, AE or PR version, and one screenshot if possible. Thank you.
  • Hi there,

Maja
    The grid pattern is expected for non-registered version. Once the plugin is registered, the grid lines overlay will be removed. There should be someting wrong with the yellow and red squares, could you please open a ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU model, AE or PR version, and one screenshot if possible. Thank you.
    Hi there,

I think the problem might be that I don't have a GPU? My desktop works with CPU only. If I select Bicubic or Nearest from the 'Type' drop down, then the footage appears and is resized correctly. If I switch back to Advanced, then the red and yellow squares appear. I'm guessing this plugin doesn't work with CPU?
    Thanks so much,
    Maja