Match Position
  • Pretty cool utility, works great!
    Thanks!
  • Pretty cool utility, works great!
    Thanks!

So glad to hear! Thanks for leaving a comment. Always open for suggestions for future versions. Thanks for spreading the word!
  • Might take a punt on this. For 15 dollars seems a bargain ;)

Hope u can work on ae lights next. If u could revamp the horrors of complex light setups.. i would defo buy.

Button for 3 point lighting etc
    Lights parented to 3d objects (element 3d)

After fx lights are the worst. (
  • Haha man that’s a great idea! Although E3D does have some preset “light setups” to optimize object lighting. But I agree they aren’t always optimal and you can’t really adjust them. Would be cool to have actual AE lights in the scene you can continue to adjust.
  • Is it possible to link 3D position to 2D position? Basically the Z depth would stay unaffected, but otherwise the 3D object would match the 2D position. 
  • Is it possible to link 3D position to 2D position? Basically the Z depth would stay unaffected, but otherwise the 3D object would match the 2D position. 
    I was thinking of the same feature, but I haven't found a way to do it reliably. A 3D coordinate has a clear 2D screen space location, but a 2D coordinate can be anywhere in 3D space. Also, as soon as you tumble your camera or your layer, what becomes your receding Z-Depth automatically changes. Your new "depth" vector may now be X and not Z. However, some advanced trig may be in order and nothing is impossible with some creative coding, so I'll keep thinking about it!
    I was thinking of the same feature, but I haven't found a way to do it reliably. A 3D coordinate has a clear 2D screen space location, but a 2D coordinate can be anywhere in 3D space. Also, as soon as you tumble your camera or your layer, what becomes your receding Z-Depth automatically changes. Your new "depth" vector may now be X and not Z. However, some advanced trig may be in order and nothing is impossible with some creative coding, so I'll keep thinking about it!
    Awesome! If you ever find a trick to do that, it would be awesome! I would not throw too much time at it, unless you feel like it's something you wanna get solved. Btw. now when you explained the issues, I realised that I hadn't really thought of it that much. Perhaps the only way would be something where the 3D position would be baked somehow... But now when I think of it, there seems to be more and more issues with this idea :D... 

Anycase a cool tool! 
  • I have a quick question regarding this as I do it a lot when I do interface stuff and bring renders in from C4D.

I use a simple expression on the 2D layer 

thisComp.layer("FOLLOW ME").toComp([0, 0, 0]);

This expression works well as it allows me to update the scene from C4D with changes and because it's based on the layer name I can make updates and reimport the object when changes are made...So long as the name stays the same of the object in cinema4D I pretty much have an automated process.

With this plugin would I have to manually reconfigure the new object or is it too based on layer name?
  • I have a quick question regarding this as I do it a lot when I do interface stuff and bring renders in from C4D.

This expression works well as it allows me to update the scene from C4D with changes and because it's based on the layer name I can make updates and reimport the object when changes are made...So long as the name stays the same of the object in cinema4D I pretty much have an automated process.

With this plugin would I have to manually reconfigure the new object or is it too based on layer name?
    Hi Michael: Yes it's layer name based so you'll be able to achieve the same behavior as your current workflow. The expression I implement is a bit more robust since it also accounts for any parented relationships accurately. Additionally, you can choose to link the 2D layer's scale to the 3D layer's depth in order to simulate and change in "distance" to camera.

Hi Michael: Yes it's layer name based so you'll be able to achieve the same behavior as your current workflow. The expression I implement is a bit more robust since it also accounts for any parented relationships accurately. Additionally, you can choose to link the 2D layer's scale to the 3D layer's depth in order to simulate and change in "distance" to camera.
    Amazing! I was expecting you to say I would have to relink, but that's the response I was after. Buying now! Thanks alot! :)
  • will this work across comps, so on layer from a comp, controling another layer or camera in a second comp.
  • Excited to use this in my workflow, been wanting something like this. Thanks!
  • Nice job!
    I bought the script, but i really want to use it with Kbar..any chance to share the arguments please??
  • Nice job!
    I bought the script, but i really want to use it with Kbar..any chance to share the arguments please??

Hey there Raphael. Thanks for purchasing! I haven’t implemented KBar yet for Match Position, but we just got a notice that we need to update the licensing framework so I’ll implement in the next release within the next couple of weeks. Thanks!
  • I've been using this for over a year and I gotta say, it became a staple tool for my 3D compositions. I can't imagine matching all the nulls when I got a big scene going.

Good job!
  • I've been using this for over a year and I gotta say, it became a staple tool for my 3D compositions. I can't imagine matching all the nulls when I got a big scene going.

Good job!
    Hello Seyfi, thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, much appreciated! If you're on Twitter and you get a chance to tweet about it, that would be great too haha! Best wishes on your projects.
  • Was this implemented already?
    Nice job!
    Hey there Raphael. Thanks for purchasing! I haven’t implemented KBar yet for Match Position, but we just got a notice that we need to update the licensing framework so I’ll implement in the next release within the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

• Was this implemented already?
    Nice job!

Hello Dani: I had to delay pushing an update due to some scheduling conflicts, but I agree that KBar arguments are needed. Thanks for the prompt!
  • Hi, how to install in C4D? Thanks
  • Great tool. I am using it every session.
    Is it possible to add one more feature?

Very needed — "Match position only", then parent to its target object  (for now, it is only the opposite). 
    For example, When I match the 3D Null/object "position only" to the Camera, I want to track (parent) the Camera to this object/Null (not the moved object to the Camera)

And — "Parent selection to newly created Null", but the Null must be created without rotation (only position)

Maybe I don't know how to do this, but I didn't find how.
    Thank you)