BeatEdit 2 for Premiere Pro
  • I have to pay to upgrade? I just bought the previous version not too long ago lol....
  • If you purchased BeatEdit for Premiere Pro v1 after Sept 1, 2019, you can upgrade for free, otherwise, the upgrade is $20. To upgrade simply login to the same account.

I have to pay to upgrade? I just bought the previous version not too long ago lol....

• I got a popup message talking about New World Scripting Engine.
    Im afraid to to go back to old engine and not be able to revert back to new engine. Is there a way to revert to new engine? 

on Jan 27, 2020 adobe said "We've fixed all known New World-related issues, for our forthcoming release."

Does this mean BeatEdit works fast with new engine?
  • Is there a way to upgrade to the BeatEdit Bundle 2? I see the option to upgrade to BeatEdit 2 for Premiere Pro, but not a discount for the bundle.
  • Hi Kenneth,

that's a very good point. We just added an upgrade path from BeatEdit V1 for Premiere Pro to the V2 Bundle. When you are logged in with the customer account you used to purchase BeatEdit for Pr V1, you should see a special discount price now on the bundle page:

• Thanks Mohl! I went to check the bundle and there was no upgrade price. Did I need to upgrade to BeatEdit V2 for Premiere Pro first to see the bundle upgrade price?

Hi Kenneth,

that's a very good point. We just added an upgrade path from BeatEdit V1 for Premiere Pro to the V2 Bundle. When you are logged in with the customer account you used to purchase BeatEdit for Pr V1, you should see a special discount price now on the bundle page:

• Hi Kenneth,

please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Then the admins can check why you don't see the upgrade pricing.

Thanks Mohl! I went to check the bundle and there was no upgrade price. Did I need to upgrade to BeatEdit V2 for Premiere Pro first to see the bundle upgrade price?

Hi Kenneth,

• I got a popup message talking about New World Scripting Engine.
    Im afraid to to go back to old engine and not be able to revert back to new engine. Is there a way to revert to new engine? 

on Jan 27, 2020 adobe said "We've fixed all known New World-related issues, for our forthcoming release."

Does this mean BeatEdit works fast with new engine?
    Hi Liam, I can't answer the second part of your question regarding whether BeatEdit now works fast with the new engine - but I had the same concern about not being able to easily revert, and in fact ended up breaking a lot of my Excalibur custom commands once I clicked ok to the BeatEdit dialog box to turn off New World Scripting engine. After some frantic googling I discovered I could actually turn it back on easily via the Premiere console window, by checking the box for "ScriptLayerPProEnableNewWorld" and rebooting Premiere - thus restoring my Excalibur customizations (whew). If BeatEdit does in fact act sluggish (haven't had time to test) then I can toggle it back off as needed. Hope this helps
  • Hi. Problem with last Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 (v15) and ZXP (1.5.204)
  • Hi Rustam,
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    and include a screenshot of the error message you get from ZXP installer.

Hi. Problem with last Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 (v15) and ZXP (1.5.204)

• I just wanted to say the new quantization feature makes this plugin so much more accurate, so thank you for adding that!
  • You are welcome and thank you for the feedback, Rhys :-)

I just wanted to say the new quantization feature makes this plugin so much more accurate, so thank you for adding that!

• i just updated to 2.1004 then stoped working showing an error message.any help will be very much apreciated. this is a very good tool i would reccomend to anyone. win10 premiere pro
  • Hi bhekumuzi,

thank you for your feedback. Please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1472
    and include a screenshot of the error message you get. The more details we know, the quicker and better we are able to help.
  • I've updated to the latest premiere 2022 and Beat edit does not launch.  I see it in the extensions but when I click on it nothing happens.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no joy.  All my other extensions are working fine.  Is the current premiere simply not supported yet or is this a bug?
  • Hi Shawn,
    on my test systems, BeatEdit works without issues on CC 2022. We have a hand full of customers having installation issues (with all kinds of extensions), but for the majority it seems to work. What you describe sounds exactly like those installation issues. Please open a support ticket at:
    Then I can assign the ticket to the developer of our installer who will be able to help you.

I've updated to the latest premiere 2022 and Beat edit does not launch.  I see it in the extensions but when I click on it nothing happens.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no joy.  All my other extensions are working fine.  Is the current premiere simply not supported yet or is this a bug?

• Hi! I'm having the exact same issue as Shawn! I'll open a support ticket as well. Thanks.
  • Ok, Steven, I just assigned your ticket to Kevin, who is developing our installer and will get back to you soon.

Hi! I'm having the exact same issue as Shawn! I'll open a support ticket as well. Thanks.

• Same problem here mamoworld I'm having the same issue. Opening a support ticket
  • Yes, no need to comment here - just open a ticket and we will help you asap :-)
    We know that a few machines are affected by this issue, although it works on most machines. The installation of extensions is controlled by Adobe and is not reliable on a few machines, unfortunately. Our installer tries to work around most of these issues, but on a few machines a manual fix is necessary.
    Same problem here mamoworld I'm having the same issue. Opening a support ticket

• Will apple M1 chip work
  • Yes, it should work on the M1 chip. I recommend to install the trial version before you buy to make sure it meets all your expectations.
    Will apple M1 chip work

• Hey guys, Just a quick one. I purchased the previous verison of beat edit a few years back, all had been fine but now its in trial mode saying license infos: "license check seems to have problems" any suggestion on sorting it? running premiere V22. Thanks in advance.

Edit:  just read below.... Which i perhaps should have done first, my bad. Experiencing similar issues as some users. Thanks again

• Hi Luke,

the license check of the old BeatEdit is not compatible with newer versions of Mac OS anymore, unfortunately. Also, BeatEdit V1 itself is not compatible to newer Pr versions anymore due to many changes in the Pr API.

BeatEdit V2 does not have these issues. It also comes with other great new features like move marker tools, work area support, beat subdivision and a beat info panel showing the number of selected beats and the bpm. If you purchased V1, the upgrade to V2 just costs $20. See section "Upgrade Notice" on the product page.

Cheers,
    Mathias

Hey guys, Just a quick one. I purchased the previous verison of beat edit a few years back, all had been fine but now its in trial mode saying license infos: "license check seems to have problems" any suggestion on sorting it? running premiere V22. Thanks in advance.

Edit:  just read below.... Which i perhaps should have done first, my bad. Experiencing similar issues as some users. Thanks again

• BeatEdit is no longer compatible with the new 2022 Adobe Premiere Pro. They need to fix it!
  • BeatEdit is no longer compatible with the new 2022 Adobe Premiere Pro. They need to fix it!
    BeatEdit is fully compatible with CC 2022. If it does not run on your machine, you are most likely facing an issue with the CEP extension  installation mechanism of Adobe. See here for a description of the issue and a fix:
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/
  • This saved my day! Thanks, mamoworld Möhl 
  • Hi Mathias,

Is there any chance that you will also create Beat Edit for DaVinci Resolve?

Thanks,

Theo
  • Hi,
    Beat Edit 2 in Premiere Pro is not working properly when using wav. files. Whenever I try to "Load Music" the program only displays the name of the file but nothing is loading. Please let me know how to fix it.

• Thank you for your request, Theo!
    We have no plans for this at the moment, but the more requests we get, the more likely we will consider this in the future. :-) Definitely not this year.

Hi Mathias,

Is there any chance that you will also create Beat Edit for DaVinci Resolve?

Thanks,

Theo

• Hi Anka,

and include as much detail as possible. In particular:
    - are you using Mac or Win
    - does it work if you drag & drop the wav file from Mac OS Finder or Win Explorer onto the panel?
    - does it show info like "Beat Detection Step 1/5" in the BeatEdit panel?
    Best include a screenshot how the UI looks after you clicked the load button.
    The more details I know, the quicker and better I am able to help.

Hi,
    Beat Edit 2 in Premiere Pro is not working properly when using wav. files. Whenever I try to "Load Music" the program only displays the name of the file but nothing is loading. Please let me know how to fix it.

• I'm using Premiere 2023, but Beatedit2 doesn't open.
  • Hi Tommy,

this will fix your issue:

I'm using Premiere 2023, but Beatedit2 doesn't open.

• Thank you! It works !!
  • Thank you! It works !!
    Thank you for your feedback :-)
  • Hello, after selecting a song and clicking on load music, I am faced with this message: Please select exactly one audio file in the active sequence.
     where is the problem?
  • Hi Ghafour,

this is usually one of two things:
    (A) make sure to really select the audio file in the active sequence (and not in the project panel or a bin of the project)

(B) Make sure to select an audio file (like wav or mp3), not a video file.
    Unfortunately BeatEdit only supports audio files but not loading audio data directly from video files. If your music is part of a video file, what you can do is 
    1. export a wav file from your video file (Export it with Premiere Pro or Media Encoder and choose “Waveform” as format)
    2. import the wav file in your Premiere Pro project
    3. load the wav file in BeatEdit

Hello, after selecting a song and clicking on load music, I am faced with this message: Please select exactly one audio file in the active sequence.
     where is the problem?

• Thanks, the problem was with the music format.
  • Is it possible to use this to edit to a voice over, so it transitions at sentence breaks?
  • Hi Stefan,

no, BeatEdit's algorithm is designed to detect beats in the music and is not able to detect sentence breaks. If you have silence between sencentes, maybe Silence Remover could be helpful to isolate individual sentences automatically? 

Is it possible to use this to edit to a voice over, so it transitions at sentence breaks?

• Hi Mamoworld,

I just bought BeatEdit 2 for premeire pro. I installed vc_redist.x86 and did everything in HOW_TO_INSTALL pdf, but it's not working. I also faced an issue in ZXP installer with this plugin it says Error: Extention Manager init Failed, status = -193!. I fixed this zxp and changed it to zip I put a folder in Common files/CEP. Both ways didn't work and my BeatEdit plugin is not working. It doesn't show up in my Adobe Premiere 2023.

Oh yeah I just downloaded aescripts + aeplugins desktop apps (setup) and it says setup failed error 0x80070490 element not found.

So can I get a refund?
  • Hi Ahmad,
    I am sorry to hear that you have such an issue. You can fix it most likely as described here:

If you still have issues, please open a support ticket here and describe the issue as detailed as possible (best attach some screenshots):

If we also cannot solve your issue there, we can also give you a refund.

Hi Mamoworld,

I just bought BeatEdit 2 for premeire pro. I installed vc_redist.x86 and did everything in HOW_TO_INSTALL pdf, but it's not working. I also faced an issue in ZXP installer with this plugin it says Error: Extention Manager init Failed, status = -193!. I fixed this zxp and changed it to zip I put a folder in Common files/CEP. Both ways didn't work and my BeatEdit plugin is not working. It doesn't show up in my Adobe Premiere 2023.

Oh yeah I just downloaded aescripts + aeplugins desktop apps (setup) and it says setup failed error 0x80070490 element not found.

So can I get a refund?

• Beat Edit is great. It's just selecting the up beat and not downbeat. For example, it's choosing the snare and not the kick drum. It's creating markers on the 2 and 4 of a 4/4. Is there an easier way to detect the 1 and 3 of a bar? 
  • Hi Gabriel,

when you click the "select" buttton, BeatEdit selects the beats such that the beat closest to the playhead is included. I.e. if you select every second beat and the playhead is nearby 2 or 4, it will select 2 and 4. If it is nearby 1 or 3 it will select 1 and 3. You can also click the select button while the music is playing. So just click the button during a beat, which you want to select.
    See this tutorial

Beat Edit is great. It's just selecting the up beat and not downbeat. For example, it's choosing the snare and not the kick drum. It's creating markers on the 2 and 4 of a 4/4. Is there an easier way to detect the 1 and 3 of a bar? 

• Hi everyone, does anyone know what is the maximum audio file length accepted by BeatEdit ? from al the tuto i have seen on youtube, everyone is using a radio edit song (3/4mn). when applying a 2h audio it dosent load the audio at all, I left it over night to see but nothing happen...
  • Hi everyone, does anyone know what is the maximum audio file length accepted by BeatEdit ? from al the tuto i have seen on youtube, everyone is using a radio edit song (3/4mn). when applying a 2h audio it dosent load the audio at all, I left it over night to see but nothing happen...
    Hi Amine,

BeatEdit is designed to load individual songs. How much it can process exactly depends on your machine. The beat detection process needs to load the full, uncompressed audio data into memory. So the more memory you have, the longer music files you can process. But I would not recommend to use it on songs much longer than 5 minutes. We have an entry on our feature request list to add support for much longer audio files. So it might very well be that we can support this in the future.

• Hey my friend, thank you for your answer, here are my 2 configurations:

MACBOOK PRO:
    CPU: M1 MAX
    RAM: 64GO

PC:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz
    RAM: 64GO
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000
  • Hey everyone!

Been using BeatEdit for a few years and it's great. Not sure if it was the new update or the new update to Premiere, but now BeatEdit is being very glitchy. It will not fully mark out a song anymore. It will miss big sections of a song randomly no matter how many times I try. I uninstalled and that didn't work. Any help?
  • Hi Wade,
    I am not aware of such an issue. Do you have the problem with clip markers or sequence markers or both? Are only the markers missing or are the beats also not visible and audible in the BeatEdit user interface? Best open a support ticket and include as many details as possible:

Cheers,
    Mathias

• Hello
    I would like to know if Beat Edit v2 is it available for the last version of Premiere Pro 23.6 ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Tom