• Hi 
    I like this Script and I have a Question

Do keyframes linked (Synced ) to marker ?

Thanks
  • Hi 
    I like this Script and I have a Question

Do keyframes linked (Synced ) to marker ?

Thanks

Hi Momen, I’m glad you like TimeMarker. Markers are not synced to keyframes and will not automatically update for modified keyframes. You’d need to delete the existing marker and add a new marker. Cheers, Ryan
  • This is surprisingly good tool! Has been really helpful to me. I've used AE for 10+ years professionally and never seen any use for markers (other than some specific occasions or while using a tool that requires/utilizes markers), but after purchasing TimeMarker I've started to find many ways to use markers. For an example TimeMarker enables me to make quick notes, highlight certain area, highlight certain keyframes etc... This is like having post-it notes within your AE. Obviously the notes should probably be kept simple, but you get the idea! Obviously that is only one way to use this and there are more. Obviously you can create markers without TimeMarker, but TM makes it so simple and applying markers to gazillion layers is a breeze!

I'd say this tool is good as it is, but if you ever plan to release TimeMarker2, here are few ideas:
    -Copy/paste, from layer to layer(s), from layer to comp, from comp to layer(s) and from comp to comp.
    -Remove all markers from selection.
    -Perhaps simple copy / paste / del buttons could do the trick. When only comp is selected, the target would be the composition itself.

• This is surprisingly good tool! Has been really helpful to me. I've used AE for 10+ years professionally and never seen any use for markers (other than some specific occasions or while using a tool that requires/utilizes markers), but after purchasing TimeMarker I've started to find many ways to use markers. For an example TimeMarker enables me to make quick notes, highlight certain area, highlight certain keyframes etc... This is like having post-it notes within your AE. Obviously the notes should probably be kept simple, but you get the idea! Obviously that is only one way to use this and there are more. Obviously you can create markers without TimeMarker, but TM makes it so simple and applying markers to gazillion layers is a breeze!

I'd say this tool is good as it is, but if you ever plan to release TimeMarker2, here are few ideas:
    -Copy/paste, from layer to layer(s), from layer to comp, from comp to layer(s) and from comp to comp.
    -Perhaps simple copy / paste / del buttons could do the trick. When only comp is selected, the target would be the composition itself.
    Hi Miika! I'm glad you have found TimeMarker helpful! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I think you have some solid ideas there and will definitely take them into consideration for the future :
  • Ryan West said:
    This is surprisingly good tool! Has been really helpful to me. I've used AE for 10+ years professionally and never seen any use for markers (other than some specific occasions or while using a tool that requires/utilizes markers), but after purchasing TimeMarker I've started to find many ways to use markers. For an example TimeMarker enables me to make quick notes, highlight certain area, highlight certain keyframes etc... This is like having post-it notes within your AE. Obviously the notes should probably be kept simple, but you get the idea! Obviously that is only one way to use this and there are more. Obviously you can create markers without TimeMarker, but TM makes it so simple and applying markers to gazillion layers is a breeze!

Hi Miika! I'm glad you have found TimeMarker helpful! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I think you have some solid ideas there and will definitely take them into consideration for the future :
    Awesome! Btw. as an additional idea, it would be cool if you could change the color of existing markers with TimeMarker. Perhaps with an option to change all markers on the selceted layer/comp to specific color or within work area. Anycase really helpful tool!
  • Hey!
    I was wondering if this script could have an option for automatically numbering each new marker in sequence? (First marker will be 1, next one- 2, etc..)
  • It would be perfect if I have a marker with text already on my project, and wanna change only the color of it, that this script recognize the marker and the text and when I click to other color, it keep the text of if.
  • Hi I believe TimeMarker will become an essential tool for my workflow. I bought it today and installed it on an M1 Mac Mini with Monterrey and AE 2022. Unfortunately, AE crashes (beach ball) as soon as I select TimeMarker from the drop down menu. Could you please help?
  • Hi Ryan, thanks for your help, but the workaround didn't work either. Please see my reply on the ticket board.

Hi Eduardo, please continue to communicate about technical or customer support issues via the ticket. I’m alerted automatically when you update the ticket. Thanks!
  • Hello, I just wanted to give Ryan big thanks for the incredible customer support he provided regarding TimeMarker. Honest and dedicated developers like himself are what makes of aescripts the one-stop-shop to get all your ae scripts and plugins. It took a while to figure out why ae kept crashing whenever I tried to opened TimeMarker, but through Ryan's thorough and friendly guidance we were able to figure it out. I couldn't recommend more TimeMarker as a useful tool for all your ae projects. Buy it with confidence, knowing that you're in excellent hands if you happen to need technical assistance like I did. BTW, if any other user runs into the same issue I did, either with TimeMarker, or any other aescripts' script please find a temporary solution/workaround here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/scripts-crashing-in-macos-monterey/ 
  • Hello, I just wanted to give Ryan big thanks for the incredible customer support he provided regarding TimeMarker. Honest and dedicated developers like himself are what makes of aescripts the one-stop-shop to get all your ae scripts and plugins. It took a while to figure out why ae kept crashing whenever I tried to opened TimeMarker, but through Ryan's thorough and friendly guidance we were able to figure it out. I couldn't recommend more TimeMarker as a useful tool for all your ae projects. Buy it with confidence, knowing that you're in excellent hands if you happen to need technical assistance like I did. BTW, if any other user runs into the same issue I did, either with TimeMarker, or any other aescripts' script please find a temporary solution/workaround here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/scripts-crashing-in-macos-monterey/ 
    Thank you Eduardo for the kind words :)
    Your patience and willingness to help troubleshoot was incredible helpful. I'm glad we were able to get you up and running with TimeMarker.

Take care,
    Ryan
  • elad bari said:
    Hey!
    I was wondering if this script could have an option for automatically numbering each new marker in sequence? (First marker will be 1, next one- 2, etc..)
    That could be an option. Thanks for the suggestion :) 
  • It would be perfect if I have a marker with text already on my project, and wanna change only the color of it, that this script recognize the marker and the text and when I click to other color, it keep the text of if.
    Thanks for the feedback Rafael :)  Definitely something for me to consider.
  • Hello
    I love your plugin.
    Therefore, I purchased it after the trial period ended.

After effects crashed, so after restarting, when I enter the license code, the following error appears and it does not start.
    (Before the crash, the plugin was running.)
    unable to execute sript at line 970 is out of range
    I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to deal with it.

The actions I have taken are as follows.
    Reinstall after effects
    Reinstall the plugin as well
    Both are the latest versions.

My environment is
    windows10 64 bit.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me to use this wonderful plugin.
  • Hi Hikaru, 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Hello
    I love your plugin.
    Therefore, I purchased it after the trial period ended.

After effects crashed, so after restarting, when I enter the license code, the following error appears and it does not start.
    (Before the crash, the plugin was running.)
    unable to execute sript at line 970 is out of range
    I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to deal with it.

The actions I have taken are as follows.
    Reinstall after effects
    Reinstall the plugin as well
    Both are the latest versions.

My environment is
    windows10 64 bit.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me to use this wonderful plugin.

• Does the project file I worked with TimeMarker work normally in the another AE which doesn't have TimeMarker installed ?

• Yes it will!

Does the project file I worked with TimeMarker work normally in the another AE which doesn't have TimeMarker installed ?

• Hi Ryan!

Time marker is not working on the latest AE 24. Are you updating the plugin?
  • Hi Ryan!

Time marker is not working on the latest AE 24. Are you updating the plugin?
    Hi Jonathan, 

The current version supports AE24. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

Thanks,
    Ryan