• Having an issue with stills proxy. They are not importing because numbers are being added after the extension. eg proxy.png001.
  • Hi Darrel,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll be in touch via PM to see if we can figure this out.

Christian
  • Having an issue with stills proxy. They are not importing because numbers are being added after the extension. eg proxy.png001.
    I'm having the exact same problem with some of my still images. Some others simply don't render proxies at all, and before the DOS window closes I can see the error "No comp was found with the given name". None of my still images render as proxies via the script. I've seen some users on here having difficulties with Korean characters. Mine has some Norwegian ones, it that's a hint to someting. 

Otherwise, thanks for a great script, a real time saver!
  • Hi Tore,

Unfortunately there appears to be an issue with non-English characters, and the command-line renderer, which is a bug with After Effects rather than my script. Can you try turning off "Render in the background" in preferences for these, to see if that helps with your still renders?

Thanks, Christian
  • Any update on this?

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll be in touch via PM to see if we can figure this out.

Christian

Hi Darrel,

Christian

Hi Darrel,

Christian

Hi Darrel,

Christian

Hi Darrel,

Christian

• Hi Darrel,

I've sent you another direct message to have you get in touch. Please check your messages and send me your email address. Then I can look into the issue in detail off site.

Thanks, Christian
  • On After Effects 2017, I select a Comp and click the "Make" proxy button and nothing happens. I've also tried deselecting the Background Render option but it's the same thing there.
  • Hi Dustin, thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it. Can you please open a new ticket with this issue?
  • On After Effects 2017, I select a Comp and click the "Make" proxy button and nothing happens. I've also tried deselecting the Background Render option but it's the same thing there.
    Same here
  • Hi Dustin and Nuwan,

What OS are you running? It's working fine for me in CC2017. Is it responding to any other buttons (e.g. prefs)?

Thanks.
  • One thing that may have happened is your render settings and output module presets may not have been migrated when you upgraded AE to 2017. I just got a debug error complaining that an output module preset wasn't valid - and it turns out that my presets hadn't migrated across from 2015. Unfortunately you may have to recreate them, or reinstall the basic presets from the preferences dialog.
  • A general note - AE2017 looks VERY BUGGY when it comes to proxies. There have been some big changes under the hood to do with playback and it looks like it has broken proxy use somewhat. This is an AE bug, not a ProxyMan bug.
  • Exist script(freeware), its called just "CreateProxies", and this one work just fine with AE_CC2017...
  • I'm trying to test the trial, but when I run the script on AE2017, nothing happens.
  • Hi Benjamin,

Are you attempting to run the script from the File menu, or activate the panel from the Window menu? This is a ScriptUI panel and as such must be installed in the scripts->ScriptUIPanels folder, and accessed via the Window menu (it will appear at the bottom).

Christian
  • I just purchased qp_ProxyMan, and the script always crashes when trying to remove proxies (on AE CC 2017 14.2.1 on macOS 10.12.6). This is a typical crash alert:

Any ideas what's going on with this?
  • Hi Mel. I've not come across a hard crash of AE before using ProxyMan. When you say remove proxies, are you trying to remove a single proxy or multiple, or trying to clear all at once?
  • Hi, I'm trying the script on AE CC 15.1.1 but when I hit "Make" nothing happens. Is it compatible with CC 15.1.1? I've installed the script in the ScriptUiPanels folder and open it through the window menu. Looks like a very useful script! Cheers!
  • Hi, I'm trying the script on AE CC 15.1.1 but when I hit "Make" nothing happens. Is it compatible with CC 15.1.1? I've installed the script in the ScriptUiPanels folder and open it through the window menu. Looks like a very useful script! Cheers!
    Hi Anton,

Please open a support ticket so I can look into this for you.

Thanks, Christian
  • It is sad to see this super helpful script discontinued.

AE does need a proxy manager.