• Interested in having a look at this.
    Spent some time looking at your videos and reading the user guide but I am still unsure if it is of any use or offers anything I don't already have, you haven't sold me on needing this plugin or even if I should spend the time downloading the trial.
    It may be worth your while making some tutorials or a few more demo videos. I would like to see some examples of how your plugin is a better alternative to E3D or Stardust and the features it has that they lack? The only one I can see from the user guide is 'Fill Cloner – Clone using non overlapping circles, enable you to scatter non overlapping objects'. That does sound useful. Does it have any other features that they don't?
    Will download the trial and give it a go.
    To be honest I would be happy to buy it now without even trialing it for a one off fee of $99.. Will have to be 'amazing' for me to want pay that every year even if I can claim it as a tax deduction.
    Can't be easy making a plugin like this, getting one off sales would have better returns then the few repeat yearly customers + if you can get the plugin out there and used then others will make tutorials, reviews etc that is great promotion for any plugin.

Hi, We are producing some longer tutorials, that should be available soon. 
    Some of the feature that are unique to Helium includes easy 3d workflow, the ability to PreComp 3D setups, a unique and easy to use Preset system , some of the Cloners and it works on almost any modern machine, with very minimal requirements. With any question ,please send us an email, and there is a free trial, so please try it first.
  • Does it work with the latest MacBook Pro's Max using the M1 chip? 
    We do not officially support Helium under Rosetta , It should work, but it is not fully tested yet. We will Support Helium on Apple Silicon once Adobe After Effects will run native on it. There is a free trial, please try it first.
  • Is there/will there be the ability to do a compositing tag? For instance, with the cloner I can probably make a hexagon grid and I assume make transitions from it.

What I want to know is if there's a way to get a layer on that grid outside of putting the logo over it and using a blending mode and/or putting another comp over it and using a matte effect as well. AFAIK, on E3D you can only put materials on singular materials and not as a collective. To me, that would make this app killer.
  • Please consider implementing animated FBX imports, and you will be lightyears ahead of E3D and Stardust.
  • Please consider implementing animated FBX imports, and you will be lightyears ahead of E3D and Stardust.
    We have a limited support for FBX as detailed in the user guide, please send us an email with feature requests. https://heliumx.tv/user-guide/
  • It continues to have errors downloading the helium assets and I have tried several times, then I tried to download it again and it said I no longer had any more downloads so need help figuring out what to do to get the assets installler to work.
  • It's a question. Is it possible to import a 3D animation as an OBJ sequence?
  • It continues to have errors downloading the helium assets and I have tried several times, then I tried to download it again and it said I no longer had any more downloads so need help figuring out what to do to get the assets installler to work.
    Sorry for that, please open a support ticket or send us an email with any issue.
  • It's a question. Is it possible to import a 3D animation as an OBJ sequence?
    Yes, you can import OBJ sequence. To do so, select the sequence option in the import dialog like any other image sequences in After Effects. 
  • With Element 3D, you can have an iphone model with a custom texture layer for the screen. Is it possible to have this in Helium as well? Are there iphone models somewhere that already has this set up and ready to use?
  • Aharon - If I buy this, and then decide I don't want to upgrade annually, will I be able to use the version I bought - or does it break and become unusable?
  • Aharon - If I buy this, and then decide I don't want to upgrade annually, will I be able to use the version I bought - or does it break and become unusable?
    It is functional only for the paid period. We have a trial version ,you are welcome to try it first and see if it fits your needs. 
  • With Element 3D, you can have an iphone model with a custom texture layer for the screen. Is it possible to have this in Helium as well? Are there iphone models somewhere that already has this set up and ready to use?
    Yes. You can setup a model with multiple materials. Please refer to our tutorials, and you can send us an email for support. We have a trial version , so if you have such model you can try it first. Many game engine ready assets with Metal / Rough PBR should be easily imported into Helium. 
  • I'm considering buying, but I wonder if I can edit parts of the OBJ model that I import into Helium. For example, rotate the wheels of the car or open and close the doors. In E3D this is possible, I just need to leave each part of the car with a different material, and Element separates the parts when it imports the file.

• I'm considering buying, but I wonder if I can edit parts of the OBJ model that I import into Helium. For example, rotate the wheels of the car or open and close the doors. In E3D this is possible, I just need to leave each part of the car with a different material, and Element separates the parts when it imports the file.
    Hi, Groups is on our To-Do and will be available soon, please send us an email so we can hear more about feature requests.
  • I'd like to buy this. But I have a question...Is there no way to animate 3d text out? I see how to animate in and change the animation style. But I see no way to animate the text off within Hellium.
  • amazing plugin... well worth the $. question... how does one unlock the assets in the preset viewer? Nothing in the user docs about this that I can find about this. (clicking on the lock does nothing). Thanks!
  • Have had a moment to peruse the comments. I do feel for those who don't want yet another subscription. Weigh it, though, against plunking down $200 for Element, which you will "own." The thing hasn't been updated in quite a while. Still a workhorse, albeit with limitations. Here comes Helium, a solid replacement with what looks like an ambitious developer. Please don't sell this thing short, Aharon. Yes, while you should do proper 3d in 3d apps, there is a very large place for this plugin where an artist can do modeling prep in their 3d app of choice and can finish and tweak a project in After effects / helium prom that point forward. Especially for lower budget projects where managing a scene in Maya (for me) throughout a project, rendering and round-tripping through After Effects for everything else is a royal time-suck. This thing is super responsive and so far is what I'd been hoping Element would have continued to develop into, had VCP continued with it. I look forward to supporting HeliumX as they continue to fill out this amazing tool! Keep up the good work!!
  • amazing plugin... well worth the $. question... how does one unlock the assets in the preset viewer? Nothing in the user docs about this that I can find about this. (clicking on the lock does nothing). Thanks!
    Hi, We answered this on the ticket. If you didn't get the reply, please let us know. With any question or issue, please open a support ticket or send us an email. https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/helium-faq/
  • I just bought helium. I support your initiative by bringing a new 3D plugin to AE, it's about time! Thank you. My question is: I use 2 setups, one with Windows another with Macbook M1. Can I use Helium on both with the same license? Do I need to reconnect the license every time I change setup? 
  • I'm considering buying, but when testing I wasn't able to remove this fake ambient occlusion when two objects intersect each other. Is there a way to get a completely flat look without the "shading"? Thank you so much!
  • Serious question... Do people that have used this plugin feel that it is a solid replacement for Element 3D?  I'm really considering getting this plugin and want to support an actual Element successor.  Is this the one?  Why/why not?  Thanks!
  • I just bought helium. I support your initiative by bringing a new 3D plugin to AE, it's about time! Thank you. My question is: I use 2 setups, one with Windows another with Macbook M1. Can I use Helium on both with the same license? Do I need to reconnect the license every time I change setup? 
    The license is floating, you can install on both and use one at the time.
  • I'm considering buying, but when testing I wasn't able to remove this fake ambient occlusion when two objects intersect each other. Is there a way to get a completely flat look without the "shading"? Thank you so much!
    For support please send us an email or open a support ticket.
  • Serious question... Do people that have used this plugin feel that it is a solid replacement for Element 3D?  I'm really considering getting this plugin and want to support an actual Element successor.  Is this the one?  Why/why not?  Thanks!
    We are here to add to the AE eco system , not replace any existing tools. Helium has several unique tools and a new and easy workflow,  we have a Trial version , please try it and see if it fits your needs.
    We are here to add to the AE eco system , not replace any existing tools. Helium has several unique tools and a new and easy workflow,  we have a Trial version , please try it and see if it fits your needs.
    Not accusing you of anything :)  It's all good.  We just know as a community that other tools that people have come to rely on have been essentially abandoned for years now.  We need modern replacements to those tools.  We all know that you're not trying to "replace" anything officially, but you also must know that the community is looking for a replacement.  I just want to get a feeling of how people compare this to the the (totally abandoned) big guy for 3D in AE.  I really support what you are doing.  I will play with the trial and buy a subscription for sure :)  

Please, keep doing what you are doing and make this a truly awesome (not a replacement)  tool for us!
  • hey! whenever I apply an environment, the entire scene goes black. any ideas as to why that is? 
  • hey! whenever I apply an environment, the entire scene goes black. any ideas as to why that is? 
    Hi, for support Please open a support ticket  or send us an email. http://HeliumX.tv
  • Thanks for the 4.1 update. Environment lighting now works on my GTX 1080 Ti GPUs. Previously I had the black screen issue. 
  • Thanks for the 4.1 update. Environment lighting now works on my GTX 1080 Ti GPUs. Previously I had the black screen issue. 
    With any further issue, please send us an email or open a support ticket, so we can address it more quickly. 
  • this was resolved with latest update. thanks!
    Im also having problem with enviromental lighting. scene goes black when Iapplying it. Ive got an RTX 3090. also submitted a ticket.
  • Anyone having an issue with the environment on Windows , please update to 4.1 that addresses that, with any issue or question, please open a support ticket so we can address it more quickly. Aharon 
  • I am very impressed with Helium, particularly the ability to pre comp / stack Helium fx. Do you think spherical reflections [like E3D] & physics will become a feature in a future release of Helium?
  • I am very impressed with Helium, particularly the ability to pre comp / stack Helium fx. Do you think spherical reflections [like E3D] & physics will become a feature in a future release of Helium?
    Thank you for the kind words, for feature request, its best to send us an email or open a ticket. 
  • Puzzled. $50 for 12 months, but can't see anywhere how much it costs after that, if this is a subscription product.
  • Puzzled. $50 for 12 months, but can't see anywhere how much it costs after that, if this is a subscription product.
    The product page states that it is 60$ / year, the first year is 50$. We have a trial version , please try it.

• Finally! we can render the vdb volume thank you!
  • I'm getting crashes with the new version (5.0) with the trial. Specifically when trying the new volume / VBR stuff. On MBP with AE22 OS Big Sur. I appreciate this feature is very new. Hoping this gets fixed please.
  • I'm getting crashes with the new version (5.0) with the trial. Specifically when trying the new volume / VBR stuff. On MBP with AE22 OS Big Sur. I appreciate this feature is very new. Hoping this gets fixed please.
    Hi, please open a support ticket or send us an email to our support at heliumX.tv so we could address this more quickly. Aharon

• Finally! we can render the vdb volume thank you!
    That looks great. Thank you for sharing this. Aharon
  • Hello, just asking here, can we have an option so the plugin will not name everything 'Helium' upon using a preset. Eventually, I had to rename all the layers back to 'camera', 'light', 'null'...and so on everytime I created a preset, because if I don't I will have the name 'Helium' on every layer in my comp.
  • Hanso Ng said:
    Hello, just asking here, can we have an option so the plugin will not name everything 'Helium' upon using a preset. Eventually, I had to rename all the layers back to 'camera', 'light', 'null'...and so on everytime I created a preset, because if I don't I will have the name 'Helium' on every layer in my comp.
    Hi, The 3D Nulls are named by the effect name, so you could change the effect name and create a null to inherit its name. Camera and Lights are created only when there are no cameras and lights in the comp. Please open a support ticket or send us an email so we can learn more about your request. Aharon
  • I just bought Helium. Why are most of the textures locked?
  • I just bought Helium. Why are most of the textures locked?
    Please download the content from the preset browser using the Download button.

To download the additional content please read this:
    Please open a support ticket if you need further help. Aharon
  • Any comment on how is this plugin working in M1 MacBook Pro at the moment?
    Is it 50$ first year and then 60$/year after that?
    Thx in advance.
  • Any comment on how is this plugin working in M1 MacBook Pro at the moment?
    Is it 50$ first year and then 60$/year after that?
    Thx in advance.
    Hi , yes M1 is supported. Please send us an email for further support . We have a trial version , so you can try it first. Aharon
  • Say I don't want to extent my subscription after the first year, will I be locked-out of my previous projects or just not be eligible to update to the most recent version?
  • Dear Aharon, I downloaded the trail version today. Most of the materials are locked there. Will these be free in the full version or do you have to buy them separately?

Many thanks and best regards
    Harri
  • Say I don't want to extent my subscription after the first year, will I be locked-out of my previous projects or just not be eligible to update to the most recent version?
    Once the license expires a watermark will appear on the output. For further help , please open a support ticket or send us an email. 

• Dear Aharon, I downloaded the trail version today. Most of the materials are locked there. Will these be free in the full version or do you have to buy them separately?

Many thanks and best regards
    Harri
    Yes, these materials are included with the product, it is available to download once the product is registered. 
    You can check more info about this here : https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/helium-faq/ ;
    Regards, Aharon