• Great toolset!  
    Is it compatible with KBar? 
    Do you plan to add a trial version for testing?
  • Great toolset!  
    I am curious about KBar too. I already purchased because that paste image function is going to save me sooooooo much time. Now if I can just get that to work with KBar I'll really be cooking. Thanks for the great product!
  • Well, you can at least create shortcuts to those functions...
    Will look if it can be used with KBar :)
    No trial or demo planed.
  • Yes these utility plug-ins are compatible with KBar. When you add a new button in the KBar settings, select "Invoke Menu Item", and specify the name of the menu command (e.g., "Paste Image" for the Paste Image plug-in).

Great toolset!  
    I am curious about KBar too. I already purchased because that paste image function is going to save me sooooooo much time. Now if I can just get that to work with KBar I'll really be cooking. Thanks for the great product!

• Ah, duh! Thank you! Works great! 

Yes these utility plug-ins are compatible with KBar. When you add a new button in the KBar settings, select "Invoke Menu Item", and specify the name of the menu command (e.g., "Paste Image" for the Paste Image plug-in).

Great toolset!  

• Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y again and again

Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y again and again

• This with KBar is going to be a game changer! I love how it was the first comment...
    Thank you @MotionBoutique :)
  • Sorry...AE is broken when I click render APNG every time. How could I solve this problem?
  • Sorry...AE is broken when I click render APNG every time. How could I solve this problem?
    Could you please open a support ticket ? (provide your aep/comp so we can test it here)

• 'Paste Image' is amazing. I've wanted this for so long. But now that I have it I'd like to make a request. Can we get a setting to automatically save the image to the project's folder rather than AppData\Local\Temp? Perhaps automatically creating a new folder called "Imported Images" ? Thanks for considering.
  • 'Paste Image' is amazing. I've wanted this for so long. But now that I have it I'd like to make a request. Can we get a setting to automatically save the image to the project's folder rather than AppData\Local\Temp? Perhaps automatically creating a new folder called "Imported Images" ? Thanks for considering.
    +1 for sure especially if you work on shared server location where others have to open the files
  • Select same properties unfortunately do not work with Effects :( (I hoped to solve the issue where AE dos not let me change effects parameters for multiple selected layers). 
    Also, it would be nice to select parameters only for selected layers, instead of whole comp all the time. 
  • hi Joosep,

Select same properties works with Effects. If you have an issue, please open a support ticket so we can inquire. :)

Cheers.
    Val.
  • hi Joosep,

Select same properties works with Effects. If you have an issue, please open a support ticket so we can inquire. :)

Cheers.
    Val.
    I tested it once more and it worked, fantastic,  thanks for the help ;) (Not sure what I could miss at the first time.)  
  • Paste Image on my Mac apparently pastes images to HD/private/var/folders/ My Mac purged the images in that folder and now I have a project for a client with hundreds of missing images I cannot get back. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT THE PASTED IMAGES IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE PROJECT. Now to explain to my client why I can't deliver their very expensive project. 

I cannot recommend people use this on a Mac until this is fixed.
  • We have update PasteImage: You can know set the location where images will be saved.
    By default the image is saved to the Desktop. To change this location, press and hold the Shift key while clicking on the command (a dialog allows you to customize the save folder).
    Paste Image on my Mac apparently pastes images to HD/private/var/folders/ My Mac purged the images in that folder and now I have a project for a client with hundreds of missing images I cannot get back. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT THE PASTED IMAGES IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE PROJECT. Now to explain to my client why I can't deliver their very expensive project. 

I cannot recommend people use this on a Mac until this is fixed.

• Hello

Tried to hooks this up to Kbar but I don't  find the commands when using invoke menu item. The plugin works well otherwise, but it does not show up in Kbar. Even if I put down "Paste Image" it does not work. Ideas?
  • Is it possible to select properties of selected layers only, or does it have to be the entire composition?
  • Is it possible to select properties of selected layers only, or does it have to be the entire composition?
    Hi Rafael,
    The tool searches in every comp layer and you can't change this behavior. However, we could probably create a "Select Same Properties in Selected Layers" command. Perhaps in the next update.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hello, 
    For a issue to be fixed in a forthcoming update, there is a major issue when copying and pasting text onto a text layer. This can be text from anywhere like from the browser, Illustrator, Word etc. 

It causes an error window to appear, force saves your current project and closes. 

A temporary fix for this is to uninstall MOBO_Utils and not use it. 

Hopefully you can get it fixed in the next update,

Thanks,
    Conor 
  • Hi Conor,

Thanks for reporting this bug, we have just released an update that should fix this.
    Cheers.
    Val
    Hello, 
    For a issue to be fixed in a forthcoming update, there is a major issue when copying and pasting text onto a text layer. This can be text from anywhere like from the browser, Illustrator, Word etc. 

It causes an error window to appear, force saves your current project and closes. 

A temporary fix for this is to uninstall MOBO_Utils and not use it. 

Hopefully you can get it fixed in the next update,

Thanks,
    Conor 

• I cant get paste image to work using the 18 December version of the plugin, latest AFX running on Mac OSX 10.15.7
    I just get an image thumbnail appearing in After Effects, then it crashes.

Very disappointing!
  • This version is working correctly here with the same configuration.
    Please check that the folder where you are trying to paste your image (shift+click on the command) is available/writable.
    You can also open a support ticket so we can investigate further.
    I cant get paste image to work using the 18 December version of the plugin, latest AFX running on Mac OSX 10.15.7

Very disappointing!

• After more investigation there's an issue with the dialog box where you can select where the images should be stored. The crash is coming from the code provided by Adobe so unfortunately we cannot keep this dialog like before. We have released an update with a simpler version of this box.

I cant get paste image to work using the 18 December version of the plugin, latest AFX running on Mac OSX 10.15.7

Very disappointing!

• This is great. I love the concept of 1 function tools. 

Unfortunately I can't hookup any of these commands to KBar. I pick the invoke menu item option but they don't show up in the list. Any suggestions?

It still a great purchase, but it would be awesome if I could get it on KBar
  • Did you try "When you add a new button in the KBar settings, select "Invoke Menu Item", and specify the name of the menu command (e.g., "Paste Image" for the Paste Image plug-in)."
    This is great. I love the concept of 1 function tools. 

Unfortunately I can't hookup any of these commands to KBar. I pick the invoke menu item option but they don't show up in the list. Any suggestions?

It still a great purchase, but it would be awesome if I could get it on KBar

• you did a great job, but why the f**k its not png 8bit (like tiny png)?
  • Love this tool! I look forward to more additions as the description mentioned. 
  • Hello MotionBoutique,

first of all, love your tools! I think I bought everything from connect layers to newton and I use them for several years every day.
    A few days ago I purchased Mobo Utils, because of the .apng feature. Do you have any documentation about it? I am rendering 400x400 px APNGs with alpha, trying to to minimize filesize as much as possible, while 7-Zip and default compression just renders fine (a few seconds for 120 frames)... the ZOFLI compression takes ages, same render takes about one hour. In my understanding ZOFLI would be the most compressed file, so yeah rendertime will be longer, but I think I miss something, because it shouldn't be a hundred times longer, right?

(PC Specs: 3970x AMD Threadripper, 128GB Ram, 2x2080ti + 1080ti, ASRock Creator)

Thanks in advance,
    Tobias
  • Hi Tobias and thanks for the kind words!

Our advice is to use the default compression settings (zlib). If size really matters, 7-zip generally produces a 5-10% reduction compare to zlib (at the expense of extra computation time). As you already noticed Zopfli is very (very) slow and the reduction is almost the same as 7-zip.
    You'll really gain something buy lowering the fps (if you can).

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello MotionBoutique,

first of all, love your tools! I think I bought everything from connect layers to newton and I use them for several years every day.
    A few days ago I purchased Mobo Utils, because of the .apng feature. Do you have any documentation about it? I am rendering 400x400 px APNGs with alpha, trying to to minimize filesize as much as possible, while 7-Zip and default compression just renders fine (a few seconds for 120 frames)... the ZOFLI compression takes ages, same render takes about one hour. In my understanding ZOFLI would be the most compressed file, so yeah rendertime will be longer, but I think I miss something, because it shouldn't be a hundred times longer, right?

(PC Specs: 3970x AMD Threadripper, 128GB Ram, 2x2080ti + 1080ti, ASRock Creator)

Thanks in advance,
    Tobias

• Any chance to have good Un-Precompose tool in this pack ?
  • Hello,

I keep running in to an error when using the copy color plug-in.  I assigned a keyboard shortcut, but everytime in call it up, I get a crash error saying "After Effects cant continue: MB Copy Color plug-in generated an unexpected exception."  Do you have any know fixes for this or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Terrence
  • Hi Terence,

Please open a support ticket, tell us what's the shortcut you have assigned.

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello,

I keep running in to an error when using the copy color plug-in.  I assigned a keyboard shortcut, but everytime in call it up, I get a crash error saying "After Effects cant continue: MB Copy Color plug-in generated an unexpected exception."  Do you have any know fixes for this or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Terrence

• None of the new additions work on KBar :( 
  • The support ticket link below isn't working (page not found).  Running AE 2020 version ( 17.1.1 )  on Mac OS 10.13.6, using shortcut Command+Shift+1.
    Hi Terence,

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Terrence

• did you try another shortcut?
    The support ticket link below isn't working (page not found).  Running AE 2020 version ( 17.1.1 )  on Mac OS 10.13.6, using shortcut Command+Shift+1.
    Hi Terence,

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Terrence

• Yes, I have tried multiple shortcut combinations, with no luck.

did you try another shortcut?
    The support ticket link below isn't working (page not found).  Running AE 2020 version ( 17.1.1 )  on Mac OS 10.13.6, using shortcut Command+Shift+1.
    Hi Terence,

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Terrence

• please open a support ticket including screenshot and if possible the crash report : https:///aescripts.com/contact/
    Yes, I have tried multiple shortcut combinations, with no luck.

did you try another shortcut?
    Hi Terence,

Cheers.
    Val
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Terrence

• Hi! Is it possible to set the number of loops for APNG exports?
  • Hi! Is it possible to set the number of loops for APNG exports?
    Hi Courtney,
    The current version doesn't support custom loops number, but it's certainly a feature we can add to the next version.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • The ability to output apng from AE is very helpful.
    For me, it's very hard to specify the number of loops or to stop.
    I would like to see a version up to support this, but is that too much to ask?
  • Check out the new version !

Hi! Is it possible to set the number of loops for APNG exports?

The ability to output apng from AE is very helpful.
    For me, it's very hard to specify the number of loops or to stop.
    I would like to see a version up to support this, but is that too much to ask?

• Instantly CRASHES every single time apng render is attempted. 

(MacOS 11.4.1 using AE 2021 18.4.1)
    Just filled out a support ticket with all available specifics - please respond at your soonest.    

Source file is super basic - no expressions, no fxs, no transforms - just a 15 sec 24fps ProRes 4444 Alpha - I assumed it would convert just like your video shows it doing so simply and elegantly... it doesn't.  
    It just crashes. 
    Please respond at your soonest.    

I can't find any actual documentation for MOBO UTILS any place / anywhere either - only super short sales promos on YouTube.
    If it exists, direct me to it pretty please.

• We have respond.

Instantly CRASHES every single time apng render is attempted. 

(MacOS 11.4.1 using AE 2021 18.4.1)
    Just filled out a support ticket with all available specifics - please respond at your soonest.    

Source file is super basic - no expressions, no fxs, no transforms - just a 15 sec 24fps ProRes 4444 Alpha - I assumed it would convert just like your video shows it doing so simply and elegantly... it doesn't.  
    It just crashes. 
    Please respond at your soonest.    

I can't find any actual documentation for MOBO UTILS any place / anywhere either - only super short sales promos on YouTube.
    If it exists, direct me to it pretty please.

• Would be possible to make the PASTED IMAGES folder to be within the same location as the .AEP file. If possible it would be better if MOBO would create a folder for the images as well: (pasted images, mobo pasted images) or something similar. Now the default is desktop and in my opinion it may even defeat the purpose of the tool as you manually need to start changing the location per project or you'll forget the files into your desktop or you need to move those manually to the project folder. 

Cool tools though!
  • Color Transfer doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, unless I'm not understanding it. Seems pretty simple, but it just rotates and resizes my target layer/image in strange ways and then applies seemingly random colors (and some transparency on occasion?) that are not in the source image. Some very heavy pixilation as well when trying to tweak and refine settings, but it never looks close to the colors from the source. I haven't found any documentation or videos over this; it would be nice to see it in use.

+1 comment for adding functionality that lets you select a specific property from selected layers and not everything in the composition.
  • Hi

It's because you're in 16 or 32bpc.
    (fixed in version 1.2.1)
  • Added in the 1.2 update!

Color Transfer doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, unless I'm not understanding it. Seems pretty simple, but it just rotates and resizes my target layer/image in strange ways and then applies seemingly random colors (and some transparency on occasion?) that are not in the source image. Some very heavy pixilation as well when trying to tweak and refine settings, but it never looks close to the colors from the source. I haven't found any documentation or videos over this; it would be nice to see it in use.

+1 comment for adding functionality that lets you select a specific property from selected layers and not everything in the composition.

• Fixed in 1.2.1 :)
    Color Transfer doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, unless I'm not understanding it. Seems pretty simple, but it just rotates and resizes my target layer/image in strange ways and then applies seemingly random colors (and some transparency on occasion?) that are not in the source image. Some very heavy pixilation as well when trying to tweak and refine settings, but it never looks close to the colors from the source. I haven't found any documentation or videos over this; it would be nice to see it in use.