• Is the length of clip this can operate on determined by VRAM on the GPU? I have a single video file I'm trying to apply a 50% or greater speed reduction to and every time I try and render it it eventually fails with memory errors or crashes AE. I have a 3080, 32gb of ram on an i7-8700k. The original video was 1080p 60 but i've even tried going down to 720p 30, and draft quality and the render starts out fine but then after about an hour will always crash. Is this just too long of a clip to try and slow down with 10gb of VRAM on a 3080? Do i need to chop up my video and slow it down in chunks? Any help would be appreciated. This is on AE, licensed version, usually the error code that comes up in the logging is Error code: -1609629695. 

edit: looking at posts elsewhere it might be just an AE2022 issue, seems like a lot of other people are reporting similar issues that i'm having (just reinstalled after 5 years or so, so i wasnt sure). I'll give it a shot rendering on 2021 first
    Hi, Jonathan, you can check the GPU memory usage during the rendering (task manager -> performance-> GPU) to see if the GPU memory used are increasing. If you still have problems on AE2021, please open a support ticket with more information, such as OS version, clip length, crash log if possible.
    Thank you.
  • Hi, Jonathan, you can check the GPU memory usage during the rendering (task manager -> performance-> GPU) to see if the GPU memory used are increasing. If you still have problems on AE2021, please open a support ticket with more information, such as OS version, clip length, crash log if possible.
    Thank you.
    I thought I had partially fixed the issue (I was accidentally using a compressed h.264 instead of prores) and I left it to render over night. It initially said it would take 1.5 hours to render. When I woke up it had crashed after 3 hours and only the first 7 or so minutes of the video rendered with the rest black. I forgot to turn logging on, so I'll run it again with logging and submit a ticket. Thanks for the response.
  • Great work, very impressed by the quality this achieves.

Only issue I've noticed is that it appears to clip floating point values over 1. I'm getting around this by converting my footage to a log colorspace first and then converting it back after the retime, but would be great if it could properly handle overbright values.

Unrelated, but would also be a big proponent of an OFX/nuke plugin.
  • Great work, very impressed by the quality this achieves.

Only issue I've noticed is that it appears to clip floating point values over 1. I'm getting around this by converting my footage to a log colorspace first and then converting it back after the retime, but would be great if it could properly handle overbright values.

Unrelated, but would also be a big proponent of an OFX/nuke plugin.
    Thank you very much for the comments and valuable suggestions. We will try to handle the overbright case. And will consider to add the support for OFX plugin.
  • Why did I set the speed ratio to 50% when i preview the frame is green flickering? on after effect 2022.
  • Why did I set the speed ratio to 50% when i preview the frame is green flickering? on after effect 2022.
    It seems your GPU card is not supported. If the GPU is discrete graphics card, could you please update the driver and try again?
    If it does not work, please open a support ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU model. Thank you.
    It seems your GPU card is not supported. If the GPU is discrete graphics card, could you please update the driver and try again?
    If it does not work, please open a support ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU model. Thank you.
    Updated the driver now working. Thank.
  • Hi,

Since this is an effect being rendered in the GPU, does this effect runs with the amd radeon 6800 xt 16GB or amd radeon 6900 xt 16gb?

All my other cards are nvidia cards.

thanks
    silvia

• Hi,

Since this is an effect being rendered in the GPU, does this effect runs with the amd radeon 6800 xt 16GB or amd radeon 6900 xt 16gb?

All my other cards are nvidia cards.

thanks
    silvia

Sure, the Radeon graphics cards are supported. The 6800/6900 xt is expected to obtain good performance, perhaps between Nvidia rtx 3070 and 3080.
    Thanks.
  • on macbook pro 2021 M1 max pro processor, the plug-in is not installed
  • on macbook pro 2021 M1 max pro processor, the plug-in is not installed
    Could you please try to install using the manager appIf there are still problems, please open a support ticket, then we can assit you further.
    Thank you.
  • Are there any instructions on how to use this? I can't find any instructions or tutorials. Who releases a plugin with no documentation anywhere. Currently what is shown in AE is not being shown in render.    
  • Are there any instructions on how to use this? I can't find any instructions or tutorials. Who releases a plugin with no documentation anywhere. Currently what is shown in AE is not being shown in render.    
    You can find the manual SpeedX_Manual.pdf in the downloaded SpeedX zip file, and it can also be downloaded via the TRY button, i.e. https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/925/. I also answered in the ticket, please check it.
    Thank you.
  • Hi. I downloaded the trial and after applying it result i have a normal footage on some frames and a grid over a complete black frame on some others. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do?
  • Hi. I downloaded the trial and after applying it result i have a normal footage on some frames and a grid over a complete black frame on some others. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do?
    Black frame shows something wrong with the processing (usually related with the GPU card), could you please open a support ticket with some informations (OS version, AE/PR version, GPU card and footage size)?
    It is expected with the grid line overlay for the trial version, plugin activation will remove the grid.
    Thank you.
    Black frame shows something wrong with the processing (usually related with the GPU card), could you please open a support ticket with some informations (OS version, AE/PR version, GPU card and footage size)?
    It is expected with the grid line overlay for the trial version, plugin activation will remove the grid.
    Thank you.
    Ok, Thanks. I created a ticket. I have a week to deliver a retimed shot, so I need to try speedx pretty soon. Cheers!
  • Hi! There is a problem when I render a slow-motion 4k sequence (2min). 64GB of RAM fills up to 99% and as a result AE closes with an error. It looks like a memory leak, can it be fixed?
  • Hi! There is a problem when I render a slow-motion 4k sequence (2min). 64GB of RAM fills up to 99% and as a result AE closes with an error. It looks like a memory leak, can it be fixed?
    Hi Vova,

Thank you for reporting this issue, we can not reproduce it. Could you please open a support ticket with some details e.g. OS version AE/PR version, GPU card, and the error log if possible?

Thank you.

• Hey there, Loving the results i get with this plugin however, with my 3080ti and Ryzen 9 5950x it still seems to be very slow... this plugin is supposed to use the GPU mainly right? during my renders it seems like my GPU utilization remains under5% for the most part.. is that normal? or is something not set right so that it isn't maximizing GPU use? Am i missing something?

Cheers!
  • bryzr von said:
    Hey there, Loving the results i get with this plugin however, with my 3080ti and Ryzen 9 5950x it still seems to be very slow... this plugin is supposed to use the GPU mainly right? during my renders it seems like my GPU utilization remains under5% for the most part.. is that normal? or is something not set right so that it isn't maximizing GPU use? Am i missing something?

Cheers!
    Thank for your interests in this tool. SpeedX uses the GPU resources mainly for computation. The GPU utilization is affected by many factors, however, 5% seems a little low. Usually, it can render around 10 frames per second the HD footage, with the similar computer configuration as yours. If the render speed much slower than 10fps, could you pls open a support ticket for further investigation. Thank you. 
  • i did tested the plugin a little bit before buy on premiere pro but the video gets shorter? how to solve this problem first?
  • i did tested the plugin a little bit before buy on premiere pro but the video gets shorter? how to solve this problem first?

SpeedX can generate new frames based on the source sequence, however it can not extend the sequence by itself. You need to extend the sequence to the expected length before applying SpeedX for slow motion. For more information, please check the manual in section "make sequence longer" and "Retiming".  Please open a support ticket if it does not work for you or anything is not clear. Thank you.

• when will it be usable with premiere 2023?
  • when will it be usable with premiere 2023?
    Premiere Pro 2023 is supported aleady, please check it.
    Please open a support ticket if there are any problems. Thank you.  
  • The interpolation does not respect the user's alpha channel.  When using a PNG sequence with an Alpha channel the RGB content gets interpolated but the alpha does not.  Will you be fixing this????
  • Bob Mac said:
    The interpolation does not respect the user's alpha channel.  When using a PNG sequence with an Alpha channel the RGB content gets interpolated but the alpha does not.  Will you be fixing this????
    The network is trained with RGB only, so it is not interpolate the alpha channel.  We will consider to process alpha channel later, it may take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you. 
  • Bob Mac said:
    The interpolation does not respect the user's alpha channel.  When using a PNG sequence with an Alpha channel the RGB content gets interpolated but the alpha does not.  Will you be fixing this????
    The network is trained with RGB only, so it is not interpolate the alpha channel.  We will consider to process alpha channel later, it may take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you. 
    Thanks for the reply.  It looks like you're using RIFE.  It may be worth looking into models 4.0 and later as they support content with alpha.
  • Bob Mac said:
    Bob Mac said:
    Thanks for the reply.  It looks like you're using RIFE.  It may be worth looking into models 4.0 and later as they support content with alpha.
    Thank you for the message, we will check it.
  • Work as a charm.
    thanks for this, it save me in some situation already.

• Work as a charm.
    thanks for this, it save me in some situation already.

Glad to know it works for you. Thanks a lot for your comments and supports.
  • Hi guys!
    I've download the speedx free trial. I want to buy the full version but before i want to be sure that it will perfectly wokrs :) (with the free, i have lot of "slipery" frames) that will be fixed vith the full version? I have à RTX2060 with 6Go.
    Thanks!
  • Hi guys!
    I've download the speedx free trial. I want to buy the full version but before i want to be sure that it will perfectly wokrs :) (with the free, i have lot of "slipery" frames) that will be fixed vith the full version? I have à RTX2060 with 6Go.
    Thanks!
    The grid overlays are shown in the image from the free trail version, full version does not have this issue. If you concerns about the other issue, could you please open a support ticket with a screenshot showing the problem? Thank you. 
  • I am running into flickering problems. Sometimes I have black flickering frames and sometimes flickers in brightness. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Dad Fal said:
    I am running into flickering problems. Sometimes I have black flickering frames and sometimes flickers in brightness. Is there a way to fix this?
    It seems related with the GPU part. Could you please open a support ticket with some details e.g. OS version,  AE/PR version and GPU card information? Thank you.
  • I have purchased a license, but I have a problem with blinking. Every other frame is black. I have a AMD Ryzen 9 3950X PC, Windows10, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, AE23.

The latest and the previous version of the program blinks the same way

Help me please
  • I have purchased a license, but I have a problem with blinking. Every other frame is black. I have a AMD Ryzen 9 3950X PC, Windows10, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, AE23.

The latest and the previous version of the program blinks the same way

Help me please
    The small GPU memory may cause this problem. Could you please try a small footage, such as HD or smaller? If you still have the issue, please open a support ticket for further assistance. Thank you.
  • Will the GeForce RTX 3060 12gb handle this flicker problem?
  • Will the GeForce RTX 3060 12gb handle this flicker problem?
    Yes for most of cases. It depends on the footage size, from my testing, it works well for the 4K footage size, however not for 8K. 
    I am working on reducing the GPU memory usage, there is a draft version which can support 8K with RTX3060, you may have a try https://www.dropbox.com/s/57cfvbjv1r2f6e2/SpeedX_tile.zip?dl=0. For any issues or suggestions, please open a support ticket. thank you.
  • I absolutely love this plugin, it's saving me so much time. I'm using it on linear EXRs with overbright whites right now. I'm having an issue where on random frames, these overbrights will be clamped. Any thoughts on how to handle this?
  • I absolutely love this plugin, it's saving me so much time. I'm using it on linear EXRs with overbright whites right now. I'm having an issue where on random frames, these overbrights will be clamped. Any thoughts on how to handle this?
    Thank you for the comments.The SpeedX can only handle the pixel with the range [0, 1]. To handle EXR or other HDR footage, you can first convert the HDR to SDR, and then apply SpeedX and convert back to HDR. For example in AE, you can first precompose the footage where the OpenColorIO is inside the precomp to convert from ACES to SRGB, then you can apply SpeedX followed by another OpenColorIO transform.Please open a support ticket if the workaround does not work for you.Thanks.
  • I did want to try the demo on some footage to test it out, but the demo doesn't seem to work, it just flickers between existing frames and the watermark. I've got a picky client looking to slow down existing footage and Twixtor doesn't work, please let me know if there's a working demo version so I can address this
  • I did want to try the demo on some footage to test it out, but the demo doesn't seem to work, it just flickers between existing frames and the watermark. I've got a picky client looking to slow down existing footage and Twixtor doesn't work, please let me know if there's a working demo version so I can address this
    If you are with Windows system, could you please try the GPU driver 537.58
    Please open a support ticket if it does not work for you. Thank you.

• Wondering if this product will work for my needs.   I shoot and edit in 23.97 although sometimes film my handheld shots in 29.97 for smoother motion.   I find shooting handheld in 23.97 sometimes produces microjitters and jerky looking footage.   Can I import footage I shot in 29.97 and use SpeedX to make it look smoother in the 23.97 frame-rate?   Premiere will interpret the framerate (from 29.97 to 23.97) although it looks choppy to me.  
  • Wondering if this product will work for my needs.   I shoot and edit in 23.97 although sometimes film my handheld shots in 29.97 for smoother motion.   I find shooting handheld in 23.97 sometimes produces microjitters and jerky looking footage.   Can I import footage I shot in 29.97 and use SpeedX to make it look smoother in the 23.97 frame-rate?   Premiere will interpret the framerate (from 29.97 to 23.97) although it looks choppy to me.  
    Yes, It is supposed to work. Please download the trial version and test. For your case, you can refer to the manual in the packge, section "Frame rate conversion".
    Please feel free to open a support ticket if you have any issues with it. Thank you.
  • "Can't find main entry point" error on AE 24.3
    "The following plugins failed to load, please reinstall."