• Yeah, I did have the completion box checked, thanks for...checking.. Update: seems to be working now! I updated to the latest AE build today, perhaps that's what did it(?) Anyway, all is good. Thanks for the speedy reply!

-Mike
  • Hi Adrian,
    Is it possible to ease the keyframes generated by Easy Arrows? I actually tried, but now the head of the line lags behind the arrowhead graphic a bit.
  • Hi Adrian,
    Is it possible to ease the keyframes generated by Easy Arrows? I actually tried, but now the head of the line lags behind the arrowhead graphic a bit.
    Yes, absolutely. I actually just tested this today for CC18 compatibility. Is it possible your path changed? Try selecting the Arrow Head and then 'Update Easy Arrows' on the script.
  • Oh shoot, that was it. Sorry!

One other question...

I've changed the stroke to 'dashed', and the dashes are crawling, first forward, then backward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rgfeta0rp4azkn/UK%20Flight%20Precomp.mp4?dl=0
  • Oh shoot, that was it. Sorry!

One other question...

I've changed the stroke to 'dashed', and the dashes are crawling, first forward, then backward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rgfeta0rp4azkn/UK%20Flight%20Precomp.mp4?dl=0
    That is strange—I'm not able to create that look. Attached is how it should look.

Are you connected to any parents or expressions, or is this a simple setup? Does this happen consistently with other setups of your too?
    Comp_1.gif
    480 x 270 - 92K
  • I need to make a perfect  shape circle. Is the only way to do it is with the pen tool? How do I get the arrow to follow the edge of the circle without pen tool shape.
  • The way the script is built, it takes a funky work around, but it's possible—project file is attached with a setup using a perfect circle.

Steps to recreate this are: (1) Create a circle mask on a solid layer. (2) Copy circle mask path. (3) Create a shape layer by drawing. (4) Paste the mask path to replace the Shape Layer path. (5) Then run Easy Arrows on that path.
    I need to make a perfect  shape circle. Is the only way to do it is with the pen tool? How do I get the arrow to follow the edge of the circle without pen tool shape.
    aep
    aep
    Easy Arrows Perfect Circle CC18.aep
    Comp_1.gif
    720 x 405 - 107K
  • Adrian thanks.  I'm a novice at this, so the attached AEP I copy and it will open as a project correct?  Also as an app update it might be good to put the circle feature in the app if that can be done. Just a  thought.
  • Adrian thanks.  I'm a novice at this, so the attached AEP I copy and it will open as a project correct?  Also as an app update it might be good to put the circle feature in the app if that can be done. Just a  thought.
    True, that's a good idea! Yes, if you have CC18—just import that project file and the setup will be reusable / editable. :-)
  • One final question is there a software that will covert MAC to PC. I have a PC
  • Thanks for the circular arrow. I had to reinstall AE and it worked fine!
  • Hi,

Is it possible to replace the stroke layer with custom shape instead of a line or a dashed line aside from a custom arrow? Need to do outline circles instead of a dash.

Thanks,
    Rachel
  • Hi,

Is it possible to replace the stroke layer with custom shape instead of a line or a dashed line aside from a custom arrow? Need to do outline circles instead of a dash.

Thanks,
    Rachel
    Hi Rachel, the stroke is built with a Shape Layer path. I can't think of a way to achieve the specific effect you're describing, but any effect you can apply to a Shape Layer path, you'll also be able to apply to the path used with Easy Arrows. It may require some experimentation—I hope that's helpful. :-)
  • Hi, I just downloaded Easy Arrows for After Effects. I need help knowing what to do to get access to it on my program. Please let me know how I can solve this. Thanks!
  • I just purchased the script. I keep getting script alert "Check if Shape layer is not parented to another layer...etc." I have make sure I follow all of those and it just doesn't work. The Script alert keeps popping up! 
  • Hi, I just downloaded Easy Arrows for After Effects. I need help knowing what to do to get access to it on my program. Please let me know how I can solve this. Thanks!
    Hey Tyler, could you reach out to support on AEScripts? They will be able to help point you in the right direction for downloading the files. There's also an installation guide on the PDF in the folder you should've received.

I just purchased the script. I keep getting script alert "Check if Shape layer is not parented to another layer...etc." I have make sure I follow all of those and it just doesn't work. The Script alert keeps popping up! 
    Hey there, really sorry to hear you're having troubles! Could you open a support ticket with this and perhaps provide a sample project file? Are you creating a new Shape Layer path from scratch and still getting the error? Please try in a fresh project first.

I'm just about to leave on vacation until October 15th, so I won't be able to offer a proper response until then. Apologies!
  • Hi there, very cool script!  I've found it quite useful and fairy intuitive.  One issue I've noticed is that when having arrows write on with transparency, where the arrow overlaps the line there is a doubling of the transparency.  The arrow is not attaching to the very end.  I tried using trim paths to adjust the length of the line and that seems to help, but not over time, the arrow still overlaps the end of the line at the start of the animation.  Suggestions for work-arounds?

Second, in some instances, I've needed multiple versions of the same arrow and it would seem easiest to simply duplicate what has been done.  That obviously creates issues with the script and anchor points, etc, but it somewhat works.  Is there a recommended way to create duplicates of an arrow animation to maintain style, etc?  Another issue arises when shifting the copied arrows in time, that throws the animation off as well.

Thanks!
  • Hi there, this script will hopefully make my life so much easier however I'm having a real problem with the arrowhead not being aligned with the stroke. I can sometimes fix it with key frames but not well and it defeats the purpose. The arrowhead is starting too far left and finishing too far right. Not sure whether there is a setting I have that's breaking it or what? I haven't been able to do much with it as the problem starts straight away. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
    Thanks! 
  • Hi there, this script will hopefully make my life so much easier however I'm having a real problem with the arrowhead not being aligned with the stroke. I can sometimes fix it with key frames but not well and it defeats the purpose. The arrowhead is starting too far left and finishing too far right. Not sure whether there is a setting I have that's breaking it or what? I haven't been able to do much with it as the problem starts straight away. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
    Thanks! 
    Hey Keely, definitely sounds like a bug. Could you please open a support ticket and list the After Effects version along with the project file so we can investigate? Thanks so much!
  • Hi there, very cool script!  I've found it quite useful and fairy intuitive.  One issue I've noticed is that when having arrows write on with transparency, where the arrow overlaps the line there is a doubling of the transparency.  The arrow is not attaching to the very end.  I tried using trim paths to adjust the length of the line and that seems to help, but not over time, the arrow still overlaps the end of the line at the start of the animation.  Suggestions for work-arounds?

Second, in some instances, I've needed multiple versions of the same arrow and it would seem easiest to simply duplicate what has been done.  That obviously creates issues with the script and anchor points, etc, but it somewhat works.  Is there a recommended way to create duplicates of an arrow animation to maintain style, etc?  Another issue arises when shifting the copied arrows in time, that throws the animation off as well.

Thanks!
    Michael, so sorry I didn't see this question sooner! For duplicating arrow setups, we recommend precomping the layers (you can select the Arrow Head then the "Precomp" checkbox on the Script UI then "Update" to achieve quickly). Then duplicate the Precomp. This is the fastest way without disrupting the expressions.
  • Is this incompatible with the latest Mac system? 
  • Is this incompatible with the latest Mac system? 
    It definitely should be! If you have any issues, let me know via support ticket and we can get it resolved or refund your purchase. Thanks!
  • There is something about Easy Arrows that I have never been able to figure out. If I pre-Comp an arrow as described, I can't make adjustments to the arrow in relation to the objects in the main comp - the pre-Comp has to be open in order to make adjustments to the arrow. With the pre-Comp open, I can no longer see the arrow in the main comp, so I have no idea how long the arrow needs to be, unless I jump back and forth between the main comp and the arrow's pre-comp, which is really a time waster.
  • There is something about Easy Arrows that I have never been able to figure out. If I pre-Comp an arrow as described, I can't make adjustments to the arrow in relation to the objects in the main comp - the pre-Comp has to be open in order to make adjustments to the arrow. With the pre-Comp open, I can no longer see the arrow in the main comp, so I have no idea how long the arrow needs to be, unless I jump back and forth between the main comp and the arrow's pre-comp, which is really a time waster.

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Is it possible to attach another shape to one end of the stroke and have an arrow on the other end? Like a circle on the start of the line and then and arrow on the other end. Like a Football drill map.
  • Is it possible to attach another shape to one end of the stroke and have an arrow on the other end? Like a circle on the start of the line and then and arrow on the other end. Like a Football drill map.
    Yes, you can create a default Arrow Head & Tail setup then turn off the layers and parent any object to them that you want and it will use it's position / rotation property to align.
  • So I've been using this plugin for a while now and love it but I do have a question.  Every time I create an arrow, the stroke of the path is 96 by default.  When I try to reduce this stroke to match what I want, it reduces the arrow head so now my arrow head is tiny.  I then have to manually scale the arrow head to match what I had.  Is this normal? Or is there a way to get the stroke to be correct at click?
  • So I've been using this plugin for a while now and love it but I do have a question.  Every time I create an arrow, the stroke of the path is 96 by default.  When I try to reduce this stroke to match what I want, it reduces the arrow head so now my arrow head is tiny.  I then have to manually scale the arrow head to match what I had.  Is this normal? Or is there a way to get the stroke to be correct at click?

Please open a support ticket here for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello,

Question about duplicating a pre-comp arrow. When I make changes to the second arrow, the first changes as well.  I've changed the layer names to Arrow 2 but that did not work.  

Essentially my project requirement multiple arrows with different lines but all with the same styles (Stroke length, arrow size, color.)

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you!
  • Cannot seem to get the dashes to work with the stroke, I set them up and show fine before I create the arrow but go away afterwards.
  • Cannot seem to get the dashes to work with the stroke, I set them up and show fine before I create the arrow but go away afterwards.
    Hi Scott, please create a help ticket with your OS and After Effects version and such, that sounds very strange. With more information I'll be able to investigate. Thank you!
  • Hello,

Question about duplicating a pre-comp arrow. When I make changes to the second arrow, the first changes as well.  I've changed the layer names to Arrow 2 but that did not work.  

Essentially my project requirement multiple arrows with different lines but all with the same styles (Stroke length, arrow size, color.)

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    Hi Janet, that sounds very strange indeed. I can't recreate that. Could you please create a help ticket with your Operating System and After Effects version and such? With more information I'll be able to investigate. Thank you!
  • Not working on 2021 for me.

Pops up with the message Please check that your shape layer: etc etc

Hi Kieren, please open a support ticket with information about steps your taking, AE version, OS version and a screenshot of the error message. It's working normally for us on Windows 10 and latest version of After Effects. Thank you!
  • Dear Adrian,

For some reason the 'update arrow' button does not work anymore when attempting to realign the arrowhead with the stroke. It worked just fine in my previous project. Perhaps I am missing something very obvious, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it does not work anymore. As far as I know I am following the same steps I always do.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Edit to add steps I am taking:

Pen tool > draw stroke > create Easy Arrow > Modify arrowhead to make it more pointy > realign anchor point of arrow head to its new base > update arrow. It worked fine previously, but now it does not realign the arrowhead.

Edit 2: I got it to work, but still have no idea how exactly I managed to get it to work. I manually moved the arrowhead closer to the stroke, and now it updates, but it feels like this is a workaround instead of the way it is supposed to work? 

Hi Kieren, please open a support ticket with information about steps your taking, AE version, OS version and a screenshot of the error message. It's working normally for us on Windows 10 and latest version of After Effects. Thank you!
    I have same problem with Kieren....
  • Does this work with 2021
  • Sor h. said:
    Does this work with 2021
    Yes, it does. :-)
  • Just an FYI...I clicked the "Video Tutorial" button in the Help flyout screen. It brought me to this YouTube video:  which is indeed an AEscripts tutorial but not the right one. Cheers!
  • Does this work in AE2022?
  • hi, does it works with 2022?

Than you
  • Says the system cannot find the specified file

and also this

• Says the system cannot find the specified file

and also this

Hi Tiago, please open up a support ticket and specify which version of After Effects you're using. Can you confirm it's installed in the ScriptUI folder?
  • No fun. Using multiple arrows is a mess
  • Not working
    Opened a ticket and they say it was the firewall
    disable all antivirus and firewalls, still not working on 2021
  • Need 2022 compatibility please!!!
  • Null at Line 4 error when loading script in AE2022. 
  • I want to buy this. Is compatibility fixed for After Effects 2022 on a Mac?
  • I want to buy this. Is compatibility fixed for After Effects 2022 on a Mac?
    Haven't been able to confirm any compatibility issues thus far. It's working on 2022 Windows and Mac on my end. There are no support tickets open regarding this.
  • It's not working with Ae 2023 on Mac M1. I aligned everything, zero it out but get the same error message again and again. 

I just have the trail version but this stops me buying it. Sorry