• Fantastic plugin! I tested the Trial version, and it seems to be working with AE 2020. It just got the following message "Unable to run script at line 294. undefined is not an object." Other than that, can I buy it to use in AE 2020 until I upgrade to 2021?
  • Great tool!

Any plans/chances for bringing stuff from AE to Blender? This would be an awesome addition!
  • Fantastic plugin! I tested the Trial version, and it seems to be working with AE 2020. It just got the following message "Unable to run script at line 294. undefined is not an object." Other than that, can I buy it to use in AE 2020 until I upgrade to 2021?
    Hi Juliano, thanks for the feedback! Could you open a support ticket so I can check how that issue is occuring https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SAMBE-SUL That is fine to purchase until you upgrade, you will be able to download the product when it is updated for any future compatibility.
  • Great tool! Any plans/chances for bringing stuff from AE to Blender? This would be an awesome addition!
    Thanks Miika! Yes, it's one of the things on my radar for future features.
  • I donot know why when I press Export to ae, the ae show that 'Unable to execute script at line 640. undefined is not an object' 
  • I donot know why when I press Export to ae, the ae show that 'Unable to execute script at line 640. undefined is not an object' 
    Hi Cheng, thanks for letting me know, I'm investigating this asap. Please open a support ticket so I can communicate with you about it. Thanks.
  • That's a great start!
    Our Pipeline, unfortunately, has AfterEffects CS6 built in.
    Can we count on you to add support for this version to the script?
  • So Li said:
    That's a great start!
    Our Pipeline, unfortunately, has AfterEffects CS6 built in.
    Can we count on you to add support for this version to the script?
    Hi So Li, yes I plan to check for backwards compatibility soon.
  • This looks great. If there were a way to link images as planes in Blender to AE comps could make a good workflow for keying and compositing live action greenscreen from AE into Blender Shots. 
  • Great tool! Any plans/chances for bringing stuff from AE to Blender? This would be an awesome addition!
    +1 that request!  We often do our previs "camera with planes or images" in AE.  Also sometimes deep into a job we find we'd like to add some CG to an existing AE shot.  AE-to-Blender going both ways would be a huge plus for us.
  • Wow!! this is a great new tool ..but this tool must go in both directions before I purchase.
    Reason being key framing in AE is a much cleaner and less cluttered and smoother experience
    in any version of AE than Blender. I would much prefer animating in AE then sending to Blender!
    Also is there any way to see if this script would work for older versions of AE say.. CS6 at least?
  • This looks great. If there were a way to link images as planes in Blender to AE comps could make a good workflow for keying and compositing live action greenscreen from AE into Blender Shots. 
    Thanks for the feedback Michael! I plan to look into that more.
    +1 that request!  We often do our previs "camera with planes or images" in AE.  Also sometimes deep into a job we find we'd like to add some CG to an existing AE shot.  AE-to-Blender going both ways would be a huge plus for us.
    Thanks Stevan, it's helpful to hear these use-cases. This feature is one I'm prioritizing for a future release.
  • Wow!! this is a great new tool ..but this tool must go in both directions before I purchase.
    Reason being key framing in AE is a much cleaner and less cluttered and smoother experience
    in any version of AE than Blender. I would much prefer animating in AE then sending to Blender!
    Also is there any way to see if this script would work for older versions of AE say.. CS6 at least?
    Thanks Michael. You can download the free trial and test it for CS6, I'm currently working on upcoming releases of After Effects and Blender but also plan to check for backwards compatibility as soon as possible.
  • +1 for older versions of AE & bringing stuff from AE to blender.  Good luck!
  • Yan Abud said:
    +1 for older versions of AE & bringing stuff from AE to blender.  Good luck!
    Hi Yan, thanks for the feedback! I've checked for backwards compatibility in After Effects and it is now code compatible from CS6 onward. I've just updated the compatibility description, but you can also download the trial version to test first.
  • is there going to be a feature adding obj to the scene instead of just planes ?
  • angeliki hrist said:
    is there going to be a feature adding obj to the scene instead of just planes ?
    Hey Angeliki, thanks for the question. You can select multiple planar faces in 'Edit Mode' and export them as shape layers (eg. select all the faces of a cube (or other object) and 'Export to Ae').
  • Very nice plugin, all I need is backwards compatibility, from AE to Blender - it would be a breakthrough at work!
  • error with Blender 3.0 and AE 2019
    data file json not created in BlenderAe folder
  • error with Blender 3.0 and AE 2019
    data file json not created in BlenderAe folder
    Thanks for letting me know. Could you open a support ticket so I can investigate further. Thanks.
  • Very nice plugin, all I need is backwards compatibility, from AE to Blender - it would be a breakthrough at work!
    Thanks for the feedback! This is definitely a high priority feature, I'll keep working it!
  • I have purchased this and added the license, but it says the license is invalid... not sure how to proceed. 
  • Very useful plugin! How does the world scale work between Blender and Ae? In order to have a good scale relation between a null imported and a precomp linked to it, I need to have a huge scale scene in Blender. Is there a way to adjust that?
  • Very useful plugin! How does the world scale work between Blender and Ae? In order to have a good scale relation between a null imported and a precomp linked to it, I need to have a huge scale scene in Blender. Is there a way to adjust that?
    Thanks for the question. For general object transform data from Blender there shouldn't be any large scale changes. (eg. If your object scale is 1 in Blender it will be 100% as a Null in After Effects. If it's 1.5 in Blender it will be 150% in Ae.) The only caveat is the scale of a face (exported in Edit mode) is currently influenced by the distance of the object from the camera in Blender (the further from the camera in Blender, the smaller the shape will be in Ae). This is one of the areas I'm working on for a future release.
  • Blender 3.0 and after effect 2022 are not compatible. When is the next update?
  • Blender 3.0 and after effect 2022 are not compatible. When is the next update?
    Hi Tae, we have just updated the file for compatibility and also some other improvements and fixes. Please download the latest version and let me know if you have any other issues.
  • I would really love to see a future version which could go the other direction- from After Effects to Blender.  Primarily I would really like to use the AE 3D camera tracker on live action footage and transfer my camera, lights, solids, and nulls into Blender.  Then bring my rendered footage back into AE for compositing with live action footage.  I’ve found other solutions to work around this, but it would be fantastic to have a single, simple solution which works in both directions.
  • Is there any update from After Effect that can bring camera tracking information to the blender?

• I've tried the demo with Blender 3.0 and AfterEffects 2022 and got this error message 
    Cant't find the data file
    '~/AppData/Roaming/Blender%20Foundation/Blender/3.0/scripts/addons/BlenderAa/BlenderAe_data.json'

But in my Documents/BlenderAe folder was some json data created. So I copied the jsxbin there and ran it from After Effects, which did the job. But this workaround seems a bit cumbersome.

Support for AE to Blender would be also an instant selling point for me.
  • I would really love to see a future version which could go the other direction- from After Effects to Blender....
    Is there any update from After Effect that can bring camera tracking information to the blender?
    Thanks for the feedback, yes that is the priority feature at the moment in development. We'll keep working on it asap.
  • I've tried the demo with Blender 3.0 and AfterEffects 2022 and got this error message 
    Cant't find the data file
    '~/AppData/Roaming/Blender%20Foundation/Blender/3.0/scripts/addons/BlenderAa/BlenderAe_data.json'

But in my Documents/BlenderAe folder was some json data created. So I copied the jsxbin there and ran it from After Effects, which did the job. But this workaround seems a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for letting me know about this. Could you open a support ticket so I can help you with this and check for any bugs. Thanks, Daniel.
  • I know stuff like guarantees are always difficult, but is it likely that when I buy this plugin now a version which supports AE to Blender would be a free upgrade?
  • I know stuff like guarantees are always difficult, but is it pretty likely that when I buy this plugin now that it would be a free update to a version that supports AE to Blender? 
    Yes, my plan is to include this feature in an upcoming release. Currently working on the development of it after a very busy year! 
    :)
  • Hello,

Same thing here, i struglle finding  a good AE to blender exporter (3d camera tracking) especially for tracking liveshots.
    Instant buying when available !!

Thanks
  • It's a genius script!
    If you can support importing GP into AE shape layer, I will definitely buy it and recommend it to my friends!
  • Hello Daniel,

Any news about the release of the exporter Ae to Blender, especially with camera tracking  ?

Thanks
  • Hello there, thanks for the nice script! It seems to work well with simple meshes, but does it work for complex objects? I've downloaded a skyscraper model, I select all faces in edit mode, hit export to AE but Blender crashes after a minute or so. Is this operation just too heavy or complex to perform? Maybe my pc is not up to the task? Any idea is of course appreciated,
    Peace
  • Hello Daniel,

Any news about the release of the exporter Ae to Blender, especially with camera tracking  ?

Thanks
    Thanks for the enquiry Jeremy. Yes I plan to release an update very shortly that includes the first version of directly importing 3D Camera tracks, planes and nulls into Blender. Stay tuned.
  • Hello there, thanks for the nice script! It seems to work well with simple meshes, but does it work for complex objects? I've downloaded a skyscraper model, I select all faces in edit mode, hit export to AE but Blender crashes after a minute or so. Is this operation just too heavy or complex to perform? Maybe my pc is not up to the task? Any idea is of course appreciated,
    Peace
    Hey Alessandro, thanks for the feedback. Yes at present the way faces are calculated into Ae is complex (very time consuming) so something like a skyscaper model would cause After Effects to freeze for extended periods as it tries to process the data. it is primarily useful for VFX / simple models / few faces at this point in time. I'm working on a solution to this though and have made good progress on simplifying the calculations and hope to release that in upcoming versions.
  • Hello Daniel,

Thanks
    Thanks for the enquiry Jeremy. Yes I plan to release an update very shortly that includes the first version of directly importing 3D Camera tracks, planes and nulls into Blender. Stay tuned.
    Hello Daniel,
    Thanks for the feed back,
    I do wait for the release !

• Hi Jeremy, for what I've seen this is an amazing add-on, great job!! Something that I would LOVE to see in the future is a way to import After Effects compositions as image textures in Blender, I know that's very different to what this add-on does, but I think if someone can figure out how to build something like that it would be you!
  • When will the next update come out? I'm waiting for an update from after effect to send the camera location value to the blender.
  • When will the next update come out? I'm waiting for an update from after effect to send the camera location value to the blender.
    Hi Tae Kyun Kim, I'm very close... if you can open a support ticket for BlenderAe I can directly send you the lastest version to test for me. At the moment I have implemented importing data from 3D camera tracked camera's, Nulls and Solids and will release an update asap.
  • Hi Jeremy, for what I've seen this is an amazing add-on, great job!! Something that I would LOVE to see in the future is a way to import After Effects compositions as image textures in Blender, I know that's very different to what this add-on does, but I think if someone can figure out how to build something like that it would be you!
    Thanks for the idea, I'll add a note about the request. Would you mind clarifying... do you mean something like an automatic render of the comp then import as a material/texture? (That particular workflow is very unique to each 3D project so may not be a priority for the addon at this point in time.)
  • Curious how/if it handles isometric cameras in Blender.
  • Does it support Blender 3 and AE 2022 ?
  • How to install Affter Effect (Beta)? 
  • Does it support Blender 3 and AE 2022 ?
    Yes the latest version supports Blender 3.1 and Ae 2022.
  • How to install Affter Effect (Beta)? 
    You don't need to install anything in After Effects, BlenderAe is installed as a Blender addon. Download the main file, unzip it, and inside there is the BlenderAe manual and the BlenderAe.zip addon file which you install as an addon in Blender. For more info on installing see here... https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/editors/preferences/addons.html#installing-add-ons