pt_FrameRestorer 2
  • FrameRestorer v1 has been really useful and the v2 looks even better! This tool can be used from fixing roto frames gone bad to basically anything where any of the frames needs to be fixed somehow! Strongly recommend to anyone! 

The FR in my opinion is good as it is, but here are few thoughts:
    -Markers can have a duration. It would be cool if the tools that "fix" the area between two markers would also work with markers that have a duration. Even better if FR could work on multiple markers with duration. The way markers with duration are created is not as intuitive, but I'd imagine enabling markers with duration would come handy when you would have a lot of stuff to fix within a single layer/comp.
    -In some of the tools/features there are two steps. After watching a tutorial you know how it is done, but if you forget or try to wing it with FR, then I think a dedicated button would be handy. A button that would be grayed out/disabled while the option you've chosen does not need it, but would become active/clickable if it's something you can do. It culd be called something like "PREPARE FOOTAGE" or "WARP SATIBILIZE FOOTAGE" or something shorter, but something where you would understand what it does.

Thanks so much for this tool! I remember one project where the person talking was in front of an outdoor advertising screen. When the ad changed, you could see a blank black screen or something similar that did not look good. I believe only camera was able to pick it up, but I was able to quickly fix it with FRv1 without anyone noticing I did anything to the footage. Good example on a scenario where FR is beyond useful!

• Thank you. This is actuall soution. 
  • @Miika, appreciate the detailed feedback. I get your point about being able to specify multiple 'patch ranges' each with a single marker each when using Reduce with the trim and track options. You could do this now by duplicating the source layer and putting a before/after marker on each layer, then selecting all the layers. Not ideal to have to calculate each patch duration and input that value into the marker comment or something like that.
    I didn't have a good example to show in the demo but the Reduce patches aren't restricted to just a start and end marker, it can be any number of markers and you may sometimes need say a mid point marker (which you might need some manual paint fixes on first) if just a straight interpolation between 2 frames isn't sufficent to describe the changes over time. You'll see in the Remove Light Flicker tutorial how Reduce is used in a completely different way to interpolate between evenly spaced frames.
    As for separate buttons for the two stages of a tracked reduce, this is tricky because it has to examine the state of the layer (whether it has a Warp Stab, has a mask, is a precomp with a mask) at the time Apply is clicked to decide what stage is required. You could select both a layer that just has markers on it, and one that has already had the Warp Stabilizer applied, and on hitting Apply each would be dealt with accordingly, one getting a new Warp Stabilizer applied and the other getting the second stage reduction applied.
    This is all great feedback. There were lots of big improvements and new features in V2 so I'll be waiting a while to see what feedback comes in before deciding what kind of tweaks may be required. If you'd like to open a support ticket, I'd then have a way to contact to when it came time to work on an update to get more feedback.
  • This is such a useful script/tool - and the version 2 UI and features are a big improvement.  One small (and hopefully easy) addition I'd love to see is the option to use Twixtor Pro (instead of regular Twixtor) for interpolation. The Pro version lets you add motion guides, that can really help fix bad morphed frames
  • Dan, that's a good idea. Hopefully I'll get it in the next update.
  • Can you please develop or port this frame restoration features to premiere for removing camera flashes from video?
    Flash remover pro from NewBlueFX is trash doesn't work most of the time, its not optimised and fill up the GPU in a second.
    Thanks
  • Hi Morpheus, Due to the way it works it's not possible for me to port it to Premiere. Have you tried using Dynamic Link to use FrameRestorer in After Effects and see the results directly in Premiere? As long as you have After Effects you can test this with the trial version of FrameRestorer.

Please open a support ticket if you'd like to discuss this more.

• Nope I won't try dynamic linking, it will make everything slow as our footage has time remapping, warp stabilizer, multiple lumitri layer, halation, bloom and grains.
    Without this effects also it will be a hassle to bring every footage to dynamic link as most wedding footages as flashes on them