• Registration issue, hopefully this major problem will be sorted out asap
    Hi Paul.

Version 1.0.1 was just released, fixing instability with registration dialog and hopefully dismissing trial overlay upon entering the key directly in the plugin's registration dialog. Latter issue is unreplicated over here. Please let me know if v1.0.1 solved your problems.

Best regards,
    Zden
  • Now, working correctly.
    Thank you.
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem with registration. I installed through the plugin manager but the license didn't work, so input manually in the plugin but still get an invalid message. What should I do next?
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem with registration. I installed through the plugin manager but the license didn't work, so input manually in the plugin but still get an invalid message. What should I do next?
    Hi Steven.

I'm sorry for the trouble. I assume you are reporting the problem on version 1.0.1; otherwise, I advise you to update to this version and try again.

What's exactly the error message in the Register dialog? "The license key is invalid"?

It would be great to open a ticket with an error report where you can attach the screenshot of the registration error, and I can ask you further questions or send hints on how to help debug the problem. Thank you for the further details and sorry again for the inconvenience.
  • Hmm, I didn't change anything at all but this morning the registration suddenly worked. As an FYI, it is version 1.0.1 because that's the version that installed by using the aescripts plugin manager. If I have any other issues with it I'll let you know.

Thanks
  • Hmm, I didn't change anything at all but this morning the registration suddenly worked.

Hi Steven. It's great to hear it worked the next day, but it's strange behavior. This plugin uses the latest online activation by Aescripts and what you describe might point to a possible problem between license servers and the plugin itself.
    If anything unusual occurs again, please let me know via opening an error ticket, so Aescripts admins can see it too, as they might decide it's up to them to check it.
    All the best, Zden
  • I've been using Curve Tracer on footage for an ambient music video. The camera was locked down but there are animating lights; the musician is moving slowly, playing a modular synth. Because the music is slow (think droning music), I'm wondering if there are settings that would keep the sketching less animated on the parts of the video that is not moving (the synthesizers, speakers etc.), without affecting the sketching around the person moving?  

Right now I am prerendering the footage at 3 fps and then reimporting it so I can apply Frame Blending and Deep Glow. It looks great, but I'd love to find a way to just "calm it down"!
  • I've been using Curve Tracer on footage for an ambient music video. The camera was locked down but there are animating lights; the musician is moving slowly, playing a modular synth. Because the music is slow (think droning music), I'm wondering if there are settings that would keep the sketching less animated on the parts of the video that is not moving (the synthesizers, speakers etc.), without affecting the sketching around the person moving?  

Right now I am prerendering the footage at 3 fps and then reimporting it so I can apply Frame Blending and Deep Glow. It looks great, but I'd love to find a way to just "calm it down"!
    Hello Trish, 

While there is no such setting to stabilize a part of the image based on some threshold, I can imagine a process to get close to your goal. The reason that the sketching moves around the person is because the sketching itself is usually influenced by small or large movement - depending on the settings for image smoothing and the Canny parameters.
    Ideally you could play with them, but I understand that it might slow down action on your foreground objects. 
    In which case, have you thought of object separation? if you can work out a heuristic to separate the two (maybe based on an optic flow filter, or colors), then it should be straightforward to re-construct using blend. 

Your idea, however, is quite interesting - a method to stabilize by threshold of movement. I will have a look into it; although I don't expect it to be a very straightforward solution!

• Thanks. A Threshold feature would be great.

Unfortunately it's hard to separate the two with any kind of rotoscoping as it's a dark room with moody lighting, and the videos can run for many minutes. 

Here's a link to a couple of sections that use Curve Tracer (plus Deep Glow), first is a video of a cave then @ 1:40 is when it fades up over the studio. In this section, the camera is zooming in (digitally), but other sections where pretty still. 

I will have to play more with the Canny settings. Maybe run some tests with a video where the lights are not animating. I'm new to the plugin, so still learning. 

• Thanks. A Threshold feature would be great.

Unfortunately it's hard to separate the two with any kind of rotoscoping as it's a dark room with moody lighting, and the videos can run for many minutes. 

Here's a link to a couple of sections that use Curve Tracer (plus Deep Glow), first is a video of a cave then @ 1:40 is when it fades up over the studio. In this section, the camera is zooming in (digitally), but other sections where pretty still. 

I will have to play more with the Canny settings. Maybe run some tests with a video where the lights are not animating. I'm new to the plugin, so still learning. 

Hi, 
    It's quite a nice effect so far ! 
    I think you are right - try to play a bit with the parameters. I can see that a "stabilizer" filter wouldn't work very well where you have the background panning anyway... 
  • Love Curve Tracer!  Will there be an update soon that will allow it to work in the latest version of AE on M1 Macs?

• Love Curve Tracer!  Will there be an update soon that will allow it to work in the latest version of AE on M1 Macs?

Hi Mat! Expect an update v1.0.2 fixing M1 native support for AE (beta) very soon, at the latest early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Great to hear you love CT! All the best, Zden
  • hi guys
    is there only support for Apple Silicon with After Effects Beta version right now? or is there also support in premiere? cheers

• viktor sloth said: is there only support for Apple Silicon with After Effects Beta version right now? or is there also support in premiere? cheers
    Hi Viktor, CT works in Premiere Pro on Apple Silicon since the initial release. We just fixed the support for AE(beta) later on. All the best, Zden
  • Hi,

I have switched computers and the Satori folder with CurveTracer still appears, however when I drop the plugin in the mediacore folder, it now appears twice and I'm not sure how to delete the effect from appearing twice under the Satori folder. Any help is greatly appreciated. 
  • tori mus said:
    Hi,

I have switched computers and the Satori folder with CurveTracer still appears, however when I drop the plugin in the mediacore folder, it now appears twice and I'm not sure how to delete the effect from appearing twice under the Satori folder. Any help is greatly appreciated. 
    Hi Tori. Glad we could resolve this issue via ticket.
    For others, I'll write down the outcome:
    There have been two copies of the CT plugin in the system. One copy was in the global plugins folder "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/" and the second one in "/Users/<name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/".
    Premiere Pro is not showing a popup at the start to note two copies of the same plugin are present. Instead, they appear twice in video effects.
  • It’s also for mac? Thank you
  • It’s also for mac? Thank you
    Hi Marilou! Yes, of course, all Satori plugins have Win and Mac versions.
    Curve Tracer works on Mac computers (supports both Apple Silicon and Intel CPUs).
  • Hi there, is there some sort of resolution limit for this + similar products like Geometric Filter? Just testing on a trial version at the moment and getting an instant crash of AE every time when previewing at full res. Thanks
  • Hi there, is there some sort of resolution limit for this + similar products like Geometric Filter? Just testing on a trial version at the moment and getting an instant crash of AE every time when previewing at full res. Thanks
    Hi Archie. Thank you for pointing out this problem. I made a few tests in super high resolution (15000x15000), and you are right; there is a problem with both mentioned plugins. GF plugin crashes, and CT, in my case, don't produce an output. Fixing GF is easy and meanwhile done. CT will require more investigation. CT will receive an update soon with a new feature and will also correct this problem — an update of GF the following week. My question is, do you look for higher resolution support above 16384?
    Hi Archie. Thank you for pointing out this problem. I made a few tests in super high resolution (15000x15000), and you are right; there is a problem with both mentioned plugins. GF plugin crashes, and CT, in my case, don't produce an output. Fixing GF is easy and meanwhile done. CT will require more investigation. CT will receive an update soon with a new feature and will also correct this problem — an update of GF the following week. My question is, do you look for higher resolution support above 16384?
    Amazing thanks for the response and investigation into updating! 99% of the time wouldn't need support above 16384px - so I think if you can increase the maximum support to 15000 that would be more than fine. For context, I was working with a 6000px project and receiving these instant crashes on both GF & CT. So support above this up to 15000 would be great. Cheers! 
  • Archie Morley said:
    Amazing thanks for the response and investigation into updating! 99% of the time wouldn't need support above 16384px - so I think if you can increase the maximum support to 15000 that would be more than fine. For context, I was working with a 6000px project and receiving these instant crashes on both GF & CT. So support above this up to 15000 would be great. Cheers!
    Now I know what is causing crashes in the CT case - it's due to the watermark overlay in TryMe version - sadly, it's preset in all Satori plugins (watermark causing the crash above 4096px vertically). The registered version works fine. Plugins will gradually receive updates to fix this issue.
    The good news is that Geometric Filter v1.2 got released yesterday - please, look at the changelog, as it includes more than just implementing the hi-scale resolution.

• This looks incredible and love the test version I got. I often work with stills, so I just wanted to know if there was any option to force movement in the lines even while using a still image, or does it only work with moving footage? Appreciate any help, thanks
  • I just wanted to know if there was any option to force movement in the lines even while using a still image
    Hi Tom. Thank you for your positive feedback.
    You have more options on how to animate lines on static images. The first is by directly interpolating CT's parameters like Smoothing, Additional Smoothing, Low/High Limit, etc. Another more convenient way is adding a bit of noise before filtering with the CT plugin, e.g., with the Add Grain built-in effect.