• Deep Glow not showing up in After Effects :( 
    Please help
    Hi Travis
    There could be a few reasons why the plugin is not showing up inside AE's effects and presets panel. 

1. Sometimes dragging a file from one folder to another can copy a shortcut, not the original file. In this case, please ensure the file size of the copied plugin is larger than a shortcut (1kb)
    2. The download and/or the copy operation failed and the file isn't complete. 
    3. Another thing to try is installing the plugin in the shared plugins folder, known as mediacore. This folder is shared between all versions of AE so placing the plugin there means it will show up in all installed versions of AE. See below for the mediacore location:

Win: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
    Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/

We recommend using the aescripts manager app which will automate installation and registration. It can also be used to activate/deactivate/reactivate all licenses. 

Please let me know if you have any issues or queries. 
  • Hi I would like to upgrade from Render-only to full license. Is there a way to get the difference discounted? Thank!
  • Ori Kagan said:
    Hi I would like to upgrade from Render-only to full license. Is there a way to get the difference discounted? Thank!
    Hi Ori
    You sure can, please open a support ticket and the admins can assist with that.
  • Thanks for the speedy Apple silicon version and Mutli Frame update.

M1 Max 64Gb 22.2.0 / Monterey 12.1

Comp is approx 4500 x 800 16bpc.

Getting lots of issues with the new 14.4.6 - renders fail regularly with both multiframe render turned on and off. 

Dialogue box states 'AE has run out of memory/ I may need to turn of MF render/simply comp/decrease render res/increase ram available etc.

Also had a few moments of weird black frames in the viewport/frames being rendered there with a weird delay, then disappearing etc.

Not had this issue with DG before. Will raise a ticket.

• Hi. With your last update to 1.4.6 your plugin doesn't work with GPU acceleration. With this issue I'm unable to work properly.
  • 1.4.6 produces a black screen for me. Running latest Nvidia drivers with a 3090 RTX
  • Hi. With your last update to 1.4.6 your plugin doesn't work with GPU acceleration. With this issue I'm unable to work properly.
    Hi Mark

Apologies for this issue. When you say GPU Acceleration are you referring to (inside the project settings) turning on CUDA or Metal acceleration? 

To ensure we can assist you to get things working, could you please open a support ticket?
  • If I use this plug-in, the screen turns black. Why? I want to use this effect, but I can't.
  • When deep glow is applied to the track matte and the mask-applied layer, the screen turns black. How can we solve this problem?
  • When deep glow is applied to the track matte and the mask-applied layer, the screen turns black. How can we solve this problem?
    Hi Jihyeon

We just updated Deep Glow which should fix this problem. Could you please confirm you're on the latest release? It's version 1.4.9. If you are on the latest version and are still experiencing an issue, please submit a support ticket with as many details as possible so we can assist you promptly. 
  • 1.4.9 working like a charm.
  • IDK why but I'm getting this error and i'm not clue why this current update 1.4.9 keeps doing this to me.
  • Is there a recommended method for exporting the glow pass only? Because it uses it's own Screen Blending Mode, and I need to send to a Flame artist for comping, I'm not sure how to achieve this. Thanks!
  • IDK why but I'm getting this error and i'm not clue why this current update 1.4.9 keeps doing this to me.
    Hi Kevin

Apologies for this issue. Could you please submit a support ticket so we can find a resolution. Could you please include if this happens all the time, or some times, and steps to reproduce if possible? Thank you.
  • Is there a recommended method for exporting the glow pass only? Because it uses it's own Screen Blending Mode, and I need to send to a Flame artist for comping, I'm not sure how to achieve this. Thanks!
    Have responded via ticket but if anyone else has this question I would suggest setting the input opacity to 0% and render the glow on black (unmult turned off), then the flame artist can comp it on the footage with whichever blend mode they prefer. 

• As you said, I have updated to the latest version, but the screen continues to turn black when I use this plug-in. If I turn off the plugin it works fine
    Also, this warning window pops up, how do I fix it?

After Effects error: Deep Glow Error allocating FBO[IN TEX].FBO_lnit_PF_World
    err 0 err2 0 (4)

• Im getting this error every time i press the play button :

After Effects (Beta) error : Deep Glow Error on buffer checkout err 4 err2 0 (4)(25 :: 241)

what does this mean? the plugin is not usable
  • I was having this same problem until I just changed the color depth of the project to be 32 bits and now it works fine. Apparently the plug-in doesn't work at 16bits  or lower? That might already be in the documentation and I missed it?

As you said, I have updated to the latest version, but the screen continues to turn black when I use this plug-in. If I turn off the plugin it works fine

err 0 err2 0 (4)

• I am having the same problem since the last update:

After Effects error: Deep Glow allocating FBO[IN_TEX].FBO_Init_PF_World err0 err2 0 (4)
    (25 :: 241)

Changing the Bit Depth of the Project does not make any difference.

Please fix this. I can't use this plugin anymore since the last update.

After Effects error: Deep Glow allocating FBO[IN_TEX].FBO_Init_PF_World err0 err2 0 (4)

Hi Johannes

Apologies for this issue, we're looking into it. In the meantime, could you please roll back to v1.4.4 (it should work but just without MFR).

If it would be possible, to assist in finding a fix could you please submit a support ticket and send the .aep you're receiving this error message on, along with your OS version, AE version and GPU hardware. Thank you. 
  • I was having this same problem until I just changed the color depth of the project to be 32 bits and now it works fine. Apparently the plug-in doesn't work at 16bits  or lower? That might already be in the documentation and I missed it?

As you said, I have updated to the latest version, but the screen continues to turn black when I use this plug-in. If I turn off the plugin it works fine

err 0 err2 0 (4)

Hi Michael

It should work at 16 bits and lower however there's been a lot of things reworked internally for the plugin to work with MFR. Could you please submit a support ticket with the following info so we can get to the bottom of it:

the .aep you're receiving this error message on, along with your OS version, AE version and GPU hardware.

Thank you.
  • tomer kat said:
    Im getting this error every time i press the play button :

After Effects (Beta) error : Deep Glow Error on buffer checkout err 4 err2 0 (4)(25 :: 241)

what does this mean? the plugin is not usable
    Hi Tomer

Apologies for this issue. Could you please submit a support ticket with the following info so we can get to the bottom of it:

the .aep you're receiving this error message on, along with your OS version, AE version and GPU hardware.

Thank you.

• As you said, I have updated to the latest version, but the screen continues to turn black when I use this plug-in. If I turn off the plugin it works fine

err 0 err2 0 (4)

Hi Jihyeon

Could you please submit a support ticket with the following info so we can get to the bottom of it:

In the meantime, could you please roll back to v1.4.4 (it should work but just without MFR). The previous versions are available to download at the bottom of the Deep Glow product page.

Thank you.
  • I'm on 1.4.9 and I occasionally get the error:
    After Effects (Beta) error: D did not initialize max_result_rect in PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER
    ( 25 :: 237 )

I'm on AE 22.4.0x27 (beta)
    Windows 10
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core CPU
    Nvidia RTX3090 24GB VRAM GPU
  • I'm on 1.4.9 and I occasionally get the error:
    After Effects (Beta) error: D did not initialize max_result_rect in PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER
    ( 25 :: 237 )

I'm on AE 22.4.0x27 (beta)
    Windows 10
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core CPU
    Nvidia RTX3090 24GB VRAM GPU
    Hi Paul

Apologies for this error. Could you please open a support ticket and send me the .aep you're getting that error in, if possible?

Getting this error here, too. Opening a ticket.
  • When are the errors going to be straightened out? I'm ready to start looking for another plugin for glows.
  • When are the errors going to be straightened out? I'm ready to start looking for another plugin for glows.
    Hi Michael

I apologise for this, I believe the current issues are all related to MFR and if turned off it will be stable. We've underestimated the complexities in ironing out the MFR issues related to GPU plugins however we endeavour to have an update out at the end of the week which will have everything solved. If you'd like me to send you a copy as soon as it's released via email just let me know.
  • I see other people are having the same issue as I am currently having 
    Deep Glow Error allocating FBO[IN_TEX].FBO_Init_PF_World err 0 err2 0  (4) (25  ::  241) 
    Will this be fixed? I have to deliver on projects and am currently unsure if I will be able to, love deepglow, hate this error.

• I see other people are having the same issue as I am currently having 
    Deep Glow Error allocating FBO[IN_TEX].FBO_Init_PF_World err 0 err2 0  (4) (25  ::  241) 
    Will this be fixed? I have to deliver on projects and am currently unsure if I will be able to, love deepglow, hate this error.

Hi Myrdin

Apologies for this. We've released a new update which should fix that error. Let me know how you go.
  • Hello! I have a new computer and I would like to use deep glow on it, but im still using the old computer as well. After I installed it, the license has been disabled on both computers and I can't get it running on either. What should it do? Is there a way I can get the license working on both computers? It's only me using it. 
  • Ori Kagan said:
    Hello! I have a new computer and I would like to use deep glow on it, but im still using the old computer as well. After I installed it, the license has been disabled on both computers and I can't get it running on either. What should it do? Is there a way I can get the license working on both computers? It's only me using it. 
    Hi Ori

For managing licenses, we recommend using the aescripts manager app which will automate registration (as well as installation). It can also be used to activate/deactivate/reactivate all licenses. If you're using two computers I'd suggest trying to activate on which ever machine you're currently using and if it doesn't work, deactivate the other computer before trying again. If you have any issues please submit a support ticket so we can assist. 
    Hi Michael

We've released the update which should fix the current errors you are experiencing. Please let me know how you go.
  • Do you know when native support for the M1 chips will be available? I have to give up a lot of the benefits of the new version of AE to use the plugin.
  • Do you know when native support for the M1 chips will be available? I have to give up a lot of the benefits of the new version of AE to use the plugin.
    Hi David

Deep Glow is now compatible with M1 chips if you could please update to the latest version. 
  • I'm getting very glitchy performance on an  2019 intel macbook pro with AE 22.4.0 and the latest version of deepglow, mostly unusable unfortunately
  • I'm getting very glitchy performance on an  2019 intel macbook pro with AE 22.4.0 and the latest version of deepglow, mostly unusable unfortunately
    Hi Zachary

Could you please let me know which version you're on? If using MFR, v1.5.1 should be stable but if you're having issues could you please open a support ticket so we can try and get to the bottom of the issue.
  • I'm still getting the error "After Effects (Beta) error: D did not initialize max_result_rect in PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER" on my Windows 10 system whenever I use After Effects 2022 (public release or beta - it makes no difference). I've tried turning multi-frame rendering off, and I've tried CPU and GPU rendering, but I still get that error. I'm having to use AE2021 to get Deep Glow to work reliably. I emailed a project showing this bug to James some time ago - did this help?

~ Paul
  • I love this plugin but it is soo slow when used in high pixel comps :((
    is it multithreated? 
  • I love this plugin but it is soo slow when used in high pixel comps :((
    is it multithreated? 
    Hi Kenneth

The later versions of Deep Glow is running on the GPU and is compatible with MFR which parallelises the plugin further. If the render times are too high I can suggest lowering the downsample amount, as well as the steps. There are a lot of quality settings to tweak to find a balance between quality and render time. We are also going to be adding more performance enhancements in future updates.
  • Hi there!

Is there any way to revoke licenses on your side so we can re add them manually?
  • Hi there!

Is there any way to revoke licenses on your side so we can re add them manually?
    Hi Jason

You can deactivate and reactivate your own licenses via the aescripts manager, does that help or not really? I'm not super knowledgable regarding licenses, however you can submit a ticket to talk to the admin. 

• Hi. I am using deep glow against a gradient colour and in a subtle way (just adding a tiny bit of glow to text) and the effect is illuminating the entire background slightly. Even with a small radius (150) and exposure (0.2), the entire black gradient block in the background lights up a little. Am I missing some kind of setting or workspace tweak?
  • Hi. I am using deep glow against a gradient colour and in a subtle way (just adding a tiny bit of glow to text) and the effect is illuminating the entire background slightly. Even with a small radius (150) and exposure (0.2), the entire black gradient block in the background lights up a little. Am I missing some kind of setting or workspace tweak?
    Hi Scott

If I understand you correctly, you can increase the input threshold and threshold smooth such that the luminance values of the gradient are not included in the glow effect. Switch the view mode to Input so you can see which values are within the thresholded values. Let me know how you go.
  • Is it m1 compatible? I have the m1 ultra,,,
  • Is it m1 compatible? I have the m1 ultra,,,
    Hi Ariel

It sure is, please ensure you have v1.4.9 or newer installed, preferably the latest version which is 1.5.2
  • Hi there,

I've been using this plugin for a while with great success. Today, I started rendering some projects and in media encoder and the final render I see the big X on my comp hinting that my plugin isn't registered. At first it said it wasn't, so I re-input the key and it worked fine. But now, I'm still getting the X (it doesn't show up in my after effects comp only in the render), but it shows my activation and even after deactivating and re-activating it still renders with the X.

On a mac studio
  • Hi there,

I've been using this plugin for a while with great success. Today, I started rendering some projects and in media encoder and the final render I see the big X on my comp hinting that my plugin isn't registered. At first it said it wasn't, so I re-input the key and it worked fine. But now, I'm still getting the X (it doesn't show up in my after effects comp only in the render), but it shows my activation and even after deactivating and re-activating it still renders with the X.

On a mac studio

make sure you are using the latest version of Deep Glow. if you need further assistance please open Support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Any word on compatiability with AE 23.0?