• Stardust makes AE crash in latest MacOS on MacBook M1 Max repeatedly. It's impossible to use. Please fix / offer an upgrade to have Stardust working on M1 Max laptop.
  • Love the dust...What's coming next?
  • Really want to buy this but like many others I am also having crashes immediately upon launch. M1 mac. I put in a ticket. 
  • We use Stardust extensively and were hoping to use it on our new M1 Macs but it crashes immediately as others have noted.
  • Looking forward to the Apple Silicon release. By far one of most versatile and practical plugins. Element 3D and Maxon Red Giant Trapcode particular are collecting dust
  • Looking forward to the Apple Silicon release. By far one of most versatile and practical plugins. Element 3D and Maxon Red Giant Trapcode particular are collecting dust
    At least those two are working properly on M1
  • Stardust makes AE crash in latest MacOS on MacBook M1 Max repeatedly. It's impossible to use. Please fix / offer an upgrade to have Stardust working on M1 Max laptop. thanks a lot :)
  • Same here. Completely useless / causes immediate crash on a MBP M1 with After Effects (Rosetta emulated).
  • M1 please, literally the one thing that keeps me from upgrading to M1...
  • Purchased but useless unfortunately, as I am on an M1 macbook
  • Hey there, 

thought I would raise this given the exposure from pixellab re: openVDB usage / import in Stardust. While the plugin works well using a static VDB, i have an playback issue with sequences. The simulation bounces/jitters excessively on playback. I have tested same files in Blender, no issue at all! I'll be following this up with a support ticket. Hoping someone here might know of a fix / suggest what I am doing wrong when I import a VDB sequence. 

Many thanks

Richard
  • Hey there, 

thought I would raise this given the exposure from pixellab re: openVDB usage / import in Stardust. While the plugin works well using a static VDB, i have an playback issue with sequences. The simulation bounces/jitters excessively on playback. I have tested same files in Blender, no issue at all! I'll be following this up with a support ticket. Hoping someone here might know of a fix / suggest what I am doing wrong when I import a VDB sequence. 

Many thanks

Richard
    One thought is to check that they are numbered sequentially with zero-padding, ie 000001, otherwise the filesystem could be ordering them differently.
  • Thanks Lloyd. Zero padding is correct. First thing I checked prior to import, unless there is something specific the plugin requires regarding the padding the sequence is numbered correct and works absolutely fine in Blender. 
  • Thanks Lloyd. Zero padding is correct. First thing I checked prior to import, unless there is something specific the plugin requires regarding the padding the sequence is numbered correct and works absolutely fine in Blender. 
    ok then please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=974&direct=1
  • Hi.
    I bought stardust because it should support VDB files.
    I was so excited, but when i imported my VDB i just got black screen, nothing showing up (followed you tutorial tho).
    And i got like White flashed when i press play, but cant see any model showing up.
    Any help on that?

Working on AE 2020.
  • Hi.
    I bought stardust because it should support VDB files.
    I was so excited, but when i imported my VDB i just got black screen, nothing showing up (followed you tutorial tho).
    And i got like White flashed when i press play, but cant see any model showing up.
    Any help on that?

Working on AE 2020.

please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=974&direct=1
  • Hey there, 

Many thanks

Richard
    One thought is to check that they are numbered sequentially with zero-padding, ie 000001, otherwise the filesystem could be ordering them differently.
    I'm getting the same issue with an OBJ point sequence with zero-padding
  • Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm looking at shifting from Trapcode.

Looking at the Superluminal blog and twitter there isn't much activity with the blogs last post being in 2020 and the last major updated being mid 2020.
    Though I can see theres been updates for the new releases of Ae.

I guess what I'm asking is there still going to be updates for this? i.e for the multi frame rendering in Ae (if not already) and so on as there just doesn't seem to be much information around on updates and so on. 
  • Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm looking at shifting from Trapcode.

Looking at the Superluminal blog and twitter there isn't much activity with the blogs last post being in 2020 and the last major updated being mid 2020.
    Though I can see theres been updates for the new releases of Ae.

I guess what I'm asking is there still going to be updates for this? i.e for the multi frame rendering in Ae (if not already) and so on as there just doesn't seem to be much information around on updates and so on. 
    Yes it is still being actively developed. We are currently working on adding Apple Silicon support + other features and improvements.
  • Great to hear about the below comment with updates and Apple Silicon. I've been missing out on using this plugin since jumping to M1 Mac. 

I would suggest for now putting this update on the main page under the add to cart button. Transparency is key to drive the growth of a plugin like this.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get an update for Stardust soon so we can use it on Apple silicon?

Not having this in our workflow currently has really been rough as we were leaning on it so much, especially since Trapcode has sort of turned to junk...way too slow and clunky with lots of crashes.

Thanks!
  • I am trying to certify to the Stardust Register. Where is the verification code?

Even if you check the ticket, there is no authentication number listed other than your name and organization.

Where the hell should I check the authentication number?

The plugin cannot be used due to this problem.

Please give me a definitive answer.
  • I am trying to certify to the Stardust Register. Where is the verification code?

Even if you check the ticket, there is no authentication number listed other than your name and organization.

Where the hell should I check the authentication number?

The plugin cannot be used due to this problem.

Please give me a definitive answer.

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/#Licensing
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get an update for Stardust soon so we can use it on Apple silicon?

Not having this in our workflow currently has really been rough as we were leaning on it so much, especially since Trapcode has sort of turned to junk...way too slow and clunky with lots of crashes.

Thanks!

I emailed them in late Jan about this as I have both a Stardust and Particle Pro (which requires Stardust) and can't use either of them having switched to an M1 Max. Here's what they said, which I think sounds promising — crossing my fingers:

"I’m very sorry, but it is not supported yet.
    We are working towards a native version for Apple silicon and will share more info soon. 

Regards ,
    Aharon"
  • Reducing the particle rate to a low amount seems to create clumps or pulses of particles:
    If I set the emitter rate to, say 1 particles per second, and have the emitter linked to multiple particles (eg. 25 particles), the emitter doesn't spit out a constant stream of particles (eg. 1 particle per frame), but a group 25 of particles every 1 second. Is there a way round this, other than increasing the particle emission rate (to, say 10 particles per second) and reducing the Render Settings > Preview > Particle chance to something like 10%? Although this works, it's slow to render. because it seems Stardust is (according to the Info panel) still calculating lots of particles, but just rendering 10% of them. Kinda defeats the object of the whole Preview setting.

UPDATE: I found a workaround: I can set each particle's Birth Chance to something really low, like 1% or 2%, and keep the Emitter's Particles Per Second set to something higher like 8, and that gives me the low number of particles I want, without Stardust calculating lots of particles but only rendering a small number, as happens when the Preview Chance is set to something low.

On another note, might the "other features and improvements" that you're currently working on include multi-frame rendering, or leveraging the power of the GPU? It's tedious to see my GPU Load hovering around 0% and only a couple of my CPU's cores being used. I'm currently waiting for a Stardusty comp to render, and it's SOOO slow! Any clues when these improvements might appear? (I'm on a Windows 10 machine, so not interested in the M1 updates).

Thanks!

I emailed them in late Jan about this as I have both a Stardust and Particle Pro (which requires Stardust) and can't use either of them having switched to an M1 Max. Here's what they said, which I think sounds promising — crossing my fingers:

"I’m very sorry, but it is not supported yet.
    We are working towards a native version for Apple silicon and will share more info soon. 

Regards ,
    Aharon"
    Same here, instant crash on MacBook Pro 16" 64GB M1Max. Would be keen to test any beta versions, because right now I am in a project and the only solution is, to remote connect to the workstation in the office... 
  • Guys, this is bad - at least make it work with Rosetta until the native Apple Silicon version is our.

Also an ETA on that would help your customers... Thanks!
  • So many of us have a $250 bricked plugin. Lots of other software has been compatible for a while, at minimum under Rosetta (red giant etc) - Could you at least give us a rough ETA for launch please?

• Really need this to work on the latest mac book pro. Please don't make me go back to red giant!
  • OK, MFR needed big time - currently watching the clock spin on a really simple render - what's going on? Has it got slower? When's the new version out please?
  • I downloaded the demo version for a Mac book pro M1, After Effects up to date and as soon as I apply Stardust After Effects crashes. Every time without fail. Is it worth me buying, could purchasing the full version solve the problem?
  • I am the same problem- I couldn't trade in my old machine just so I could keep working on a legacy project with stardust.. let's hope they fix it very soon as it's cost me much more than the actual plugin at this point . About to go back to red giant in the next few days for the next project sadly..
  • Any information about the native M1 support update would be super welcomed! Would be nice to use it for an upcoming project.
  • Yep also not working on my 14" MCB (m1) ...
    Can we please have a solution? 
  • Apple Silicon is not supported yet.
    We are now internally testing a native version of Stardust for the Apple silicon (M1) and we will share more info soon.
    Aharon
    Superluminal

• when will the apple silicon version be released? 
  • Hey there,

I can't seem to apply my educational license. Ok button is still greyed out after I fill my name, company name and serial. Can you help soon?
  • Hey there,

I can't seem to apply my educational license. Ok button is still greyed out after I fill my name, company name and serial. Can you help soon?

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/
  • I'm been looking here and on the forum but i cant quite seem get an update if we have any definitive timeline in regards to native M1 version. I switched to the latest 16 inch laptop and having trouble juggling older jobs built on the older systems. It'll be nice to get an update.
  • Joe Gee said:
    So many of us have a $250 bricked plugin. Lots of other software has been compatible for a while, at minimum under Rosetta (red giant etc) - Could you at least give us a rough ETA for launch please?

Fair question.
  • Joe Gee said:
    So many of us have a $250 bricked plugin. Lots of other software has been compatible for a while, at minimum under Rosetta (red giant etc) - Could you at least give us a rough ETA for launch please?

Fair question.

https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/38621/#Comment_38621
  • It's really frustrating at this point, I can't buy a Mac Studio because I rely so much on your plugin. I wish I knew this... c'mon guys...
  • no news on the M1 version?  

• no news on the M1 version?  

Apple Silicon M1 Beta now available! Download it from 'My Downloads & Licenses' or by clicking on the TRY button on the product page
  • Hello. I just saw that Stardust now accepts Apple's M1. Happy. I'm about to buy it, but I want to know if he works with gropos? That is, if I can rotate/scalar/position certain groups of my 3D object.. For example rotate the wheel of the car while the car is moving. Can I do that with Stardust? 
  • I just downloaded and install the M1 version. Total crap. It crashes AE the second you apply Stardust. Installed twice on AE 2021. Get your act together. We have been waiting for this update since last year and still not working. 
    OS 12.2.1 MBP 16" Max
  • I just downloaded and install the M1 version. Total crap. It crashes AE the second you apply Stardust. Installed twice on AE 2021. Get your act together. We have been waiting for this update since last year and still not working. 
    OS 12.2.1 MBP 16" Max
    The Stardust for M1 will only install and run on the Adobe After Effects beta for M1, there is no way to install it on 2021. 
    Please open a support ticket if you have any issues with it.
  • Amazing! Doesn't seem sluggish either, even though it's AE Beta (22.4).
  • I asked a while ago and hoped it was coming with the M1 update, but is Stardust getting multi-frame rendering support?