Text Replacer for Premiere Pro
  • Does this only work with Mogrts that give you the ability to change the text?
  • Does this only work with Mogrts that give you the ability to change the text?
    Hi Patrick

Correct. It let's you replace text from your After Effects mogrts.
    Are you looking for a different functionality?

If so it would be great if you open a support ticket this way we
    can discuss it further.

Henrique \\ TMMW
    Text Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro
  • Hi. What happens if a mogrt has more than one editable text box field? Does it work with multiple editable lines?
  • Hi. What happens if a mogrt has more than one editable text box field? Does it work with multiple editable lines?
    Hi Adam

Yes.
    Text Replacer for Premiere Pro works with multiple editable properties too. It will import/export all of them.
    They are added in order to the spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Henrique \\ TMMW

Text Replacer for Premiere Pro  |  Clips Exporter  |  Thumbs Up  |  Selector for Premiere Pro

• Great job. 

At the moment though, it exports text that is present in the "comments" fields of the Mogrts too, and this makes it messy. Would it be possible to exclude the text that is in the "Comments" fields? 
    Thanks
  • Great job. 

At the moment though, it exports text that is present in the "comments" fields of the Mogrts too, and this makes it messy. Would it be possible to exclude the text that is in the "Comments" fields? 
    Thanks

Hi Carlo

Unfortunately Premiere currently sees the comments as text properties.
    So we don't have a way to separate them.

As a temporary solution, you can delete those rows manually from the spreadsheet.
    They don't need to be there when reimporting the text.

Let me know if you need any other questions or suggestions.

Henrique \\ TMMW

• Hi Henrique,

I tried your tool and I'm pretty interested about getting it for my company.

I would like to make a test with 20 editors to have data to analyse, and if we're satisfied, maybe provide it to the wholde company.
    How can I do for the test ? Is the floating server license enough for 20 people (and a lot more then) ?
    Is there a possibility to reach you and discuss further for possible collaborations ?

Don't hesitate to answer me there or to reach me through the mail adress on my profil.

Thanks a lot !

Adrien
  • Hi Henrique,

I tried your tool and I'm pretty interested about getting it for my company.

I would like to make a test with 20 editors to have data to analyse, and if we're satisfied, maybe provide it to the wholde company.
    How can I do for the test ? Is the floating server license enough for 20 people (and a lot more then) ?
    Is there a possibility to reach you and discuss further for possible collaborations ?

Don't hesitate to answer me there or to reach me through the mail adress on my profil.

Thanks a lot !

Adrien
    Click on the green TRY button to download the free trial.

If you need further assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id= 1812

• I only wish this tool was available 5 years ago:)

It would've saved me so much time as I'm working part-time with subtitles, and converting .srt files into mogrt is a game changer for me.

Thanks a lot Henrique for putting up a great piece of software.

Cheers!
  • Hi everyone!

I've problem with Text Replacer. I've my licence, everything was good, and since yesterday... 
    Nothing works, I see just this picture, with "Restart Extention". That's all. I don't wanna click on someting...

Can you help me please.. We have 10 licences, and two with this problems...

Thanks a lot !
  • Hi everyone!

I've problem with Text Replacer. I've my licence, everything was good, and since yesterday... 
    Nothing works, I see just this picture, with "Restart Extention". That's all. I don't wanna click on someting...

Can you help me please.. We have 10 licences, and two with this problems...

Thanks a lot !

Hi Adrien

Was this issue solved?
    I've contacted you via email but have not heard back.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Hi, I'm trying to install TextReplacer (latest version) on PremierePro 23.1.0 on a M1 Studio Ultra, but the extension doesn't work. When I open the window it shows the top menu and otherwise it just flashes. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    ps. I already did the usual stuff like re-installed extension, re-set preferences of PremierePro...
  • Hi, I'm trying to install TextReplacer (latest version) on PremierePro 23.1.0 on a M1 Studio Ultra, but the extension doesn't work. When I open the window it shows the top menu and otherwise it just flashes. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    ps. I already did the usual stuff like re-installed extension, re-set preferences of PremierePro...
    Hi Carlo

Henrique here from TMMW.
    Sorry that you are having this issue.

I tried to reproduce it, also on an M1 and 23.1, but was not able to.

Can you please open a support ticket?
    This way I can assist you further and we can exchange files if needed.

Many thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Hello, I have a question.
    Can this plugin also replace text from text made in the Premiere Pro essential Graphics panel?
    Because these texts can also be exported to a file. But I do not believe there is an import function available in premiere pro.
    After changing (translating) the exported file I have to change the text by hand in the Essential Graphics panel.
    Maybe this can be automated by the plugin? Looking forward to your reaction.
    Best regards,
    Christiaan
  • Hello, I have a question.
    Can this plugin also replace text from text made in the Premiere Pro essential Graphics panel?
    Because these texts can also be exported to a file. But I do not believe there is an import function available in premiere pro.
    After changing (translating) the exported file I have to change the text by hand in the Essential Graphics panel.
    Maybe this can be automated by the plugin? Looking forward to your reaction.
    Best regards,
    Christiaan

Hi Christiaan

Henrique here from TMMW.

Unfortunately that's not possible.

It's a limitation of the Premiere Pro API.

At the moment only text in templates created in After Effects is accessible to us.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Henrique \\ TMMW

• What exactly are you allowed to test out with the trial version? I installed the trial version and the only thing I am able to do is click buttons. That's it. Nothing imports/exports. I receive no prompt to import srt or mogrt files. As of 10/31/23 I am running the current version of Premiere and Windows 11. I was hoping to fully test this out prior to purchasing.
  • What exactly are you allowed to test out with the trial version? I installed the trial version and the only thing I am able to do is click buttons. That's it. Nothing imports/exports. I receive no prompt to import srt or mogrt files. As of 10/31/23 I am running the current version of Premiere and Windows 11. I was hoping to fully test this out prior to purchasing.
    Hi Brad

The trial version is fully functional for 10 days.

I saw you oppened a support ticket,
    I'll help you there in the next steps.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Hi Henrique! Very interesting stuff here as I'm kicking out the tires at the trial. I'm kinda stuck in-between two plug-ins that each have their pros and cons. Doing my first round of test with Text Replacer, I see 2 issues:
    1- Is there a way to not have other mogrts in the edit be part of the spreadsheet created by Text Replacer? For example, I have a slate mogrt that ends up populating the spreadsheet and that is not desired.
    2- On the AE side, I added some comments to give the user some info once in the EG panel in Premiere Pro. It turns out that there seems to be a bug in Text Replacer where, if there's a Comment field added to the EG panel, in which you fill both boxes (the "Comment" and "Descriptor" boxes), that whole Comment entry is given a row in the spreadsheet. Workaround = leave blank the "Comment" field, only use the "Descriptor" box...

#2 I can re-arrange easily, but is there a way to prevent #1 from happening? Like not consider a mogrt if it's muted/disabled for example?

Thanks --Alain
  • Hi Henrique! Very interesting stuff here as I'm kicking out the tires at the trial. I'm kinda stuck in-between two plug-ins that each have their pros and cons. Doing my first round of test with Text Replacer, I see 2 issues:
    1- Is there a way to not have other mogrts in the edit be part of the spreadsheet created by Text Replacer? For example, I have a slate mogrt that ends up populating the spreadsheet and that is not desired.
    2- On the AE side, I added some comments to give the user some info once in the EG panel in Premiere Pro. It turns out that there seems to be a bug in Text Replacer where, if there's a Comment field added to the EG panel, in which you fill both boxes (the "Comment" and "Descriptor" boxes), that whole Comment entry is given a row in the spreadsheet. Workaround = leave blank the "Comment" field, only use the "Descriptor" box...

#2 I can re-arrange easily, but is there a way to prevent #1 from happening? Like not consider a mogrt if it's muted/disabled for example?

Thanks --Alain
    Hi Alain

Thanks for checking out Text Replacer.

I'll implement some solutions for your case.
    Would you like to beta test those?
    If so please open a support ticket so we can exchange files
    and continue the conversation there.

Thanks

Henrique \\ TMMW
  • Hi!
    I have a problem.

An error appears when trying to open a scrip:

"ReferenceError: JSON is undefined at line 1".

After that script does not work. Reinstallation does not help. Only complete uninstallation of Adobe and escripts + aeplugins manager helps. But it works only once.

Please, help!

Premiere Pro 2022 v.22.6.0
    aescripts + aeplugins manager v.1.9.85
    Text Replacer v.1.6.0
  • Hi!
    I have a problem.

After that script does not work. Reinstallation does not help. Only complete uninstallation of Adobe and escripts + aeplugins manager helps. But it works only once.

Please, help!

Text Replacer v.1.6.0

Hi Yevhen

Henrique here from TMMW.
    Sorry about that. It's a known bug since a couple days ago.

I'll publish a new version with the fix later today.

Are you on mac os?

Thanks

Henrique
  • Hi Henrique! Love your plug-in.

Here's a use case for you that, from my understanding, is not currently supported by Text Replacer... Can you let me know if this can be hacked via the spreadsheet or would this require some new code?

So, I use TR on a sequence in 16x9 format. Once approved and translated in so many languages, I then need to modify that base sequence into a 9x16 format, which implies swapping all 16x9 mogrts into their 9x16 equivalent.

Is that something that can be eventually handled by Text Replacer?

Best regards --Alain 
  • Hi Henrique! Love your plug-in.

Here's a use case for you that, from my understanding, is not currently supported by Text Replacer... Can you let me know if this can be hacked via the spreadsheet or would this require some new code?

So, I use TR on a sequence in 16x9 format. Once approved and translated in so many languages, I then need to modify that base sequence into a 9x16 format, which implies swapping all 16x9 mogrts into their 9x16 equivalent.

Is that something that can be eventually handled by Text Replacer?

Best regards --Alain 

Hi Alain

Thanks! I'm glad it helps you!

If I understood your case correctly,
    currently there is no such function within Text Replacer for that.

One workaround would be packing your 16x9 and 9x16 into a single mogrt
    and then from one of the properties you drive the switching between them.

If you need more info please let me know.
    In that case it would be great if you open a support ticket.

To exchange more details and files if needed.

Cheers

Henrique

• Hi!
    I have a problem.

Please, help!

Text Replacer v.1.6.0

Hi Yevhen

Henrique here from TMMW.
    Sorry about that. It's a known bug since a couple days ago.

I'll publish a new version with the fix later today.

Are you on mac os?

Thanks

Henrique
    Thank you so much! You are awesome!!! Your App saved my job!
  • "Text Replacer for Premiere Pro is an indispensable tool for video editors, offering seamless replacement of text elements within projects. Its intuitive interface and robust features make it a must-have for streamlining the editing process."

• Either I'm doing something wrong, or the extension isn't working as expected. I bought this extension specifically for the MOGRT creation feature from SRT.

Adobe Premiere version: 24.2.1.

Let me break down the situation. I have a 57-second video. I create a Transcript using Adobe Premiere's functionality and export an SRT. Then, I select the previously exported SRT in the extension window. It shows 22 entries in my SRT. Next, I choose a MOGRT I made with a text field and place it on the Sequence over the main clip. The MOGRT is 2 seconds long, but I used Responsive Design when creating it because I also have a little animation at the start and end of the MOGRT. I hit the Set Mogrt button in the extension and select Text from the dropdown. Then, I press the Create Mogrts button.

The extension processes the SRT and places the text in the MOGRTs correctly, but the timing of the MOGRT placements is all off. Some segments are super short, just a few frames. All the created MOGRT clips cover at most half the sequence's duration. Moreover, after the 22 MOGRT clips, the extension creates 26 more copies of the original MOGRT with default text.

The only time I got a somewhat acceptable result was when using an SRT where all the text was "in one line," and the MOGRT was 10 seconds long without Responsive Design. In this case, the extension correctly aligned the MOGRT clips with the SRT timecodes but still added a large group of default-setting MOGRT clips afterwards.

Additionally, although it's a minor issue compared to the extension's overall functionality, I'd like to note that when using MOGRT with Responsive Design, the clips lack the final "closing animation."

I'm really disappointed. The extension's concept is brilliant and could potentially save a lot of time and automate mundane tasks. Is there any way to solve my issue? I'm willing to provide all the files I used for review.
  • Either I'm doing something wrong, or the extension isn't working as expected. I bought this extension specifically for the MOGRT creation feature from SRT.

Adobe Premiere version: 24.2.1.

Let me break down the situation. I have a 57-second video. I create a Transcript using Adobe Premiere's functionality and export an SRT. Then, I select the previously exported SRT in the extension window. It shows 22 entries in my SRT. Next, I choose a MOGRT I made with a text field and place it on the Sequence over the main clip. The MOGRT is 2 seconds long, but I used Responsive Design when creating it because I also have a little animation at the start and end of the MOGRT. I hit the Set Mogrt button in the extension and select Text from the dropdown. Then, I press the Create Mogrts button.

The extension processes the SRT and places the text in the MOGRTs correctly, but the timing of the MOGRT placements is all off. Some segments are super short, just a few frames. All the created MOGRT clips cover at most half the sequence's duration. Moreover, after the 22 MOGRT clips, the extension creates 26 more copies of the original MOGRT with default text.

The only time I got a somewhat acceptable result was when using an SRT where all the text was "in one line," and the MOGRT was 10 seconds long without Responsive Design. In this case, the extension correctly aligned the MOGRT clips with the SRT timecodes but still added a large group of default-setting MOGRT clips afterwards.

Additionally, although it's a minor issue compared to the extension's overall functionality, I'd like to note that when using MOGRT with Responsive Design, the clips lack the final "closing animation."

I'm really disappointed. The extension's concept is brilliant and could potentially save a lot of time and automate mundane tasks. Is there any way to solve my issue? I'm willing to provide all the files I used for review.
    Hi Michael

Henrique here from TMMW.
    Sorry to hear about the issue.

Can you please open a support ticket so I can help you further?
    It would be great if you send those files with the ticket.

Many thanks

Henrique
  • Hi!

I have a proposition.
    I often use mogrt with two text fields. And most of the time I need to change the text in the first text field, and leave the second one as it is.
    Is it possible to make it so that I can export and import only one text field?
    Add a configuration in which I can mark that I want to export only the first text field.

Thank you!
  • Hi!

I have a proposition.
    I often use mogrt with two text fields. And most of the time I need to change the text in the first text field, and leave the second one as it is.
    Is it possible to make it so that I can export and import only one text field?
    Add a configuration in which I can mark that I want to export only the first text field.

Thank you!

Hi Yevhen

At the moment there is no way to select which fields to export since a timeline
    with many mogrt types would have too many fields to manage.

If you want to remove rows from the spreadsheet and then import only the fields you need that
    works too, you don't need to have the same row count.

If you need further assistant on your specific workflow please open a support ticket and I'll help you from there.

Many thanks

Henrique