Coco Color CoWorker
  • Does the plugin allow to set the colors for fills and strokes separately before applying them to ie a shape layer?
  • Does the plugin allow to set the colors for fills and strokes separately before applying them to ie a shape layer?
    Hi,
    There are 2 type of apply color right now for palettes. you can import the palette with all colors as a null layer and use colors anywhere in your project or you can simply select your layer and click on a color card and plugins adds a fill effect on the layer and set the color there. We will add some hotkeys soon to let you apply color for strokes or fill only. Please let me know what you like to see in the next version.

Regards,
    David
  • Can I use my license on both my desktop and laptop? Like I use Adobe Cloud on two PC's simultaneously?
  • Can I use my license on both my desktop and laptop? Like I use Adobe Cloud on two PC's simultaneously?
    Hi Seyfi,
    With Reference to Aescripts license FAQ  You can install the plugin in 2 computers but you are allowed to use one at the same time.

Regards,
    David
  • Hey this looks cool. In the video it only shows the panel fully expanded, with a lot of negative space.

Once you have your palette (for a project), is there a way to minimise the panel to only show that project's active palette?
    Just so that it is constantly available and visible, but takes up minimal screen real estate.
    Thanks!

• Hello, does these hotkeys also work for Stroke in Text? if not is it possible to apply this?
  • Hey this looks cool. In the video it only shows the panel fully expanded, with a lot of negative space.

Once you have your palette (for a project), is there a way to minimise the panel to only show that project's active palette?
    Just so that it is constantly available and visible, but takes up minimal screen real estate.
    Thanks!

Hi Tim,
    Thanks for your Feedback!
    Actually for now you can import palettes and then you dont need panel to work with the palette. But we are adding a palette moderator soon that can check the active palette on project and we give lots of abilities such as apply on multiple colors or link colors or ... Stay in touch for new Updates:)

Regards,
    David
  • Hello, does these hotkeys also work for Stroke in Text? if not is it possible to apply this?
    Hi Lutz,
    We just started develop of hotkeys, we will release it in this week and i hope hotkeys work on both Stroke and fill. Please stay tunned and wait for the update!

Regards,
    David
  • Tool looks awesome, but have a question ! Is it possible to add in future more flexible color harmonies generator, so we can develop complementary, triad, quad color harmonies and so on ? Is it possible to import .ase or .aco color pallets ?
  • Tool looks awesome, but have a question ! Is it possible to add in future more flexible color harmonies generator, so we can develop complementary, triad, quad color harmonies and so on ? Is it possible to import .ase or .aco color pallets ?
    Hi Andrew,
    Sure we are developing a feature for making palette using color wheel and color harmonies, i hope we release it in next week:). Also we will develop COCO file format which you can export or import anything from library. 
    About .ase and .aco, i have no idea. Would you please open a support ticket and let us know how you work with those formats and why you think its essential?

Thanks for your feedback!
    David
    Hi,
    Please check out the new version. Right now you can use hotkeys on Shapes to apply on stroke or fill or both.
    To apply on stroke only: hold ctrl and then click on color card
    Fill only: shift + click
    both: normal click

I will work on text, Hope i make it soon:)
    Regards,
    David
    Hi,
    Please check out the new version. Right now you can use hotkeys on Shapes to apply on stroke or fill or both.
    To apply on stroke only: hold ctrl and then click on color card
    Fill only: shift + click
    both: normal click

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion!

Regards,
    David
  • Hi, love the product? when using the gradient the gradient doesnt follow the object when animation, how do I make sure it follow?
  • Hi Axel, First Precomp your animated object then use the gradient. if you have any other qustion please send us ticket

• Is there a way to apply a gradient to a stroke of an shape layer? If not, would be very nice to have.
  • Hi, yes you can hold down alt or ctrl to apply on shape or stroke
  • David Sey said:
    Hi, yes you can hold down alt or ctrl to apply on shape or stroke. 

lutz krekel
    If i try it with Color Gradients and "Import" it fills the whole shape with the stroke equal if press Ctrl or Shift while clicking.

• Is there a way to apply a gradient to a stroke of an shape layer? If not, would be very nice to have.
    Hi Dear,
    I think its not possible to apply gradient on a shape stroke in aftereffects, unless you make a separate layer for stroke.

Regards,
    David
  • Really love the product, so convenient to to pick color! I hope the team frequently add new palette into it.
  • Axel Lim said:
    Really love the product, so convenient to to pick color! I hope the team frequently add new palette into it.
    Hi Axel,
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Sure We will add more Palettes soon. Stay in tuned:)

Regards,
    David

• Is there a means to go through all the shape layer’ colours in my project to ensure I have the exact colour hex for all of them?

For example, if you have a character whose head is a certain hex of yellow, can I go through my project to check if all the instances of the head have the exact same hex..? Thanx

• Leo Earle said:
    Is there a means to go through all the shape layer’ colours in my project to ensure I have the exact colour hex for all of them? For example, if you have a character whose head is a certain hex of yellow, can I go through my project to check if all the instances of the head have the exact same hex..? Thanx
    Hi There,
    Aftereffects doesn't have kind of feature for searching colors, but if you link colors with expression you can change them immediately and be sure that any single color will be updated. If you need any help for that please open a support ticket.
    Regards,
    David 
  • Cool tool. Any chance this can be ported to Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolove for extracting color themes from videos? It would be awesome if this could generate a color look up table (LUT).
  • Such an amazing tool. I'd love to see this as a stand-alone app and a plugin for Photoshop. Are any of these feasible? 
  • Cool tool. Any chance this can be ported to Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolove for extracting color themes from videos? It would be awesome if this could generate a color look up table (LUT).
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your suggestion, We will keep this in mind for next updates. I will notify you if we released the premiere version.

Regards,
    David
  • Such an amazing tool. I'd love to see this as a stand-alone app and a plugin for Photoshop. Are any of these feasible? 
    Hi Silas,
    Thanks for your compliment. We will release the photoshop version soon:), So stay in touch!

Regards,
    David
  • I can't find any information about coco color wheel,
    Is it a color picker for AE like Coolorus for Ps ?
    If yes , That'll be awesome!
  • Hi,

It is like the Coolorus plugin. 
    The coco color wheel will come in this week and it is completely free.
    So stay in touch :)
    I can't find any information about coco color wheel,
    Is it a color picker for AE like Coolorus for Ps ?
    If yes , That'll be awesome!

• That's a good news!
    This is my wish long time ago, color wheel picker plugin for AE and Illustrator .
    thank you for doing this for ae
    that'll be great If another version for Illustrator too.
  • That's a good news!
    This is my wish long time ago, color wheel picker plugin for AE and Illustrator .
    thank you for doing this for ae
    that'll be great If another version for Illustrator too.
    Sure, We will release it for all Adobe software soon too. Hope You enjoy it and let me know what you think about it:)
  • Hey, is there any chance this could get updated for After Effects 2022 version please?
  • Hey Zaki,

The Coco Color Co-worker is working on Ae 2022...!
    Did you update it to the latest version?
    if you have any issues please open a ticket.

Best regards
    David
    Hey, is there any chance this could get updated for After Effects 2022 version please?

• Hi!
    It´s possible export or save the library to share with a partner or use it on another computer whit co-worker installed? 
    Thanks!
  • Hi!
    It´s possible export or save the library to share with a partner or use it on another computer whit co-worker installed? 
    Thanks!
    Hi There,

We are adding this feature in the new version of COCO. Please stay in touch!

Regards,
    David
  • This script totally need more flexible options to generate color palettes by different rules like complementary, quad, triad etc, using just pre-made palettes not that useful and fun, and also would be nice to import .ase color palettes. Any chance in future ?
  • This script totally need more flexible options to generate color palettes by different rules like complementary, quad, triad etc, using just pre-made palettes not that useful and fun, and also would be nice to import .ase color palettes. Any chance in future ?
    Hi Andrew,
    Have you tried Coco color wheel? Its a free tool which is compatible with COCO and lets you to generate palettes by different rules such as quad, triad and more. Please give it a try:).

Regarding the .aes format, whould you please let me know more about it?

Regards,
    David

• It's a really good plugin. It's essential for picking colors and designing. Do you ever think about making it compatible with other programs? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere and it would be great to have CocoWheel.
  • It's a really good plugin. It's essential for picking colors and designing. Do you ever think about making it compatible with other programs? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere and it would be great to have CocoWheel.
    Hello,

Thank you for your kind words about Coco Color Co-worker and your suggestion regarding its compatibility with other programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm for our plugin.

While we currently do not have a timeframe for implementing compatibility with these specific programs due to our existing development plans, I want to assure you that it is a consideration for the future. We understand the value of integrating Coco Color Co-worker with popular design and editing software to enhance the color selection and design process.

In the meantime, I would like to let you know that there is an existing version of Coco Color Co-worker available for use in Figma. If you are working with Figma, you can utilize Coco Color Co-worker within that environment.

Best regards
    David
  • David Sey said:
    It's a really good plugin. It's essential for picking colors and designing. Do you ever think about making it compatible with other programs? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere and it would be great to have CocoWheel.
    Hello,

Thank you for your kind words about Coco Color Co-worker and your suggestion regarding its compatibility with other programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm for our plugin.

While we currently do not have a timeframe for implementing compatibility with these specific programs due to our existing development plans, I want to assure you that it is a consideration for the future. We understand the value of integrating Coco Color Co-worker with popular design and editing software to enhance the color selection and design process.

In the meantime, I would like to let you know that there is an existing version of Coco Color Co-worker available for use in Figma. If you are working with Figma, you can utilize Coco Color Co-worker within that environment.

Best regards
    David
    Thank you so much for your kind response!
  • It would be very useful if when moving the mini circles in the wheel towards the center there was a key combo that would make all the mini circles go towards the center at the same time. For example, in Triadic, if I pressed "Shift+Alt" then all three mini circles would go towards the center as I move one. This would keep the same amount of saturation on all the colors at the same time. Not sure if I am explaining it well, but do you know what I mean?

Thanks a lot for a great tool!
  • It would be very useful if when moving the mini circles in the wheel towards the center there was a key combo that would make all the mini circles go towards the center at the same time. For example, in Triadic, if I pressed "Shift+Alt" then all three mini circles would go towards the center as I move one. This would keep the same amount of saturation on all the colors at the same time. Not sure if I am explaining it well, but do you know what I mean?

Thanks a lot for a great tool!
    Thank you for your suggestion. We have employed a standardized method to create these colors. Nevertheless, we truly appreciate your input. Please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance.
  • Does any guidance/tutorial exist for the "smart palette generator?"