Neural Enhancement Suite
  • Please support older versions of After Effects in the future, it simply crashes below 2022... 
  • I would love to try this, but it crashes my Premiere Pro and After Effects when I try to open them.
  • Please support older versions of After Effects in the future, it simply crashes below 2022... 
    Hey, can you please open a support ticket on: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1912

It should work on 2021.
  • Are there any tutorials for this product? I downloaded the trial, mostly interested in the colorizing feature. What I'm getting is a lot of smudgy skin spots where colors are bleeding over from things like grass and leaves. This is happening with both guided colorize and example colorize. Also, a shirt that has several colors in a pattern is being left just black and white. I'm not sure what adjustments can be made to fix this things but a tutorial would be helpful. 

Thanks,
    Steven
  • It is an interesting plugin, but I am not sure it is ready for prime-time usage. I would strongly encourage others to try it before buying.

I tried the Exposure, Deblur, and Superresolution tasks. The super-resolution and de-blur tasks were only marginally better looking than a slight Sharpen effect. The Low-light enhancement blew-out the images I tried. They all looked better using simple Lumetri enhancements.

But then, there is the performance problem. I am running Windows 10 on an Intel Xeon (18-core), 128GB RAM, and  Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti.

Whether I checked the GPU option or not, After Effects routinely locked-up. One time it happened when I duplicated the layer. Another time was just switching between de-blur and super-resolution. Sometimes it was when I moved the time marker. I never even got to the point of Ram Previewing anything. When AE wasn't locking up, it was excursiatingly slow to use.

While I appreciate the effort going into this plug-in, I can tell it has a long way to go. I'll keep it on my wishlist, but for now, it just isn't usable. And when it does work, I cannot see how it is better than traditional methods.
  • I'm with James. I'm running 12900k, 3080 rig and this bombs Ae. It's crashed multiple times with the error that it's using more VRAM than is available under Application Log in Event Viewer (open GPU-Z and see how much memory it uses). At about 178% scale it looks the same as Sharpen at 22%, so it's ok. The denoise is nice though I'll admit but again it's so heavy on Ae it's almost not worth it. Like the idea though!
  • Installer crashing when executed... CPU and GPU installs both creating errors and not complete. 
  • Please make it available for Mac M1 users !!!!
  • Hey all,
    several performance improvements are in place now, so please try latest version (1.2.0).
  • and for MacOS?
  • ">
    Hi!

that plugin seams to still be very unstable. Tried Deblur and it took over a minute on a 4k footage and the result was completly invisible compared to the original at a 20% setting. Second time I tried it crashed AE.

Not (yet) useable in professiona production.

• and for MacOS?
    It is available now for macOS!
  • Trying this (the mac version) on some old DV footage and it seems promising but introduces blocky coloured noise into any overexposed/clipping white pixels. Briefly tried Levels in front of it to bring the white point down and that seems to get rid of them, but that's obviously an unacceptable workaround for a paid plugin especially one which is entirely devoted to improving bad/old footage! Is this something you can look into and fix? I definitely would buy if so. I can provide screenshots some time if that would help but basically any areas of pure white in the image are wrapped around/clipped to blocky patches of green or other dark colours
  • Really interested in this plugin, Trying the latest as of 11/25. For me this plugin only works in AE which is a bummer. Locks up Premier on all tasks before you even try. Try Like another had said the enhance low light could use some work if it is to be better than curves or lumetri. The colorization is amazing. for me the Deblur seems to lock up instantly when using the slider threshold to make any adjustment. It will not release until after about 6 minutes to which you still could not move anything it is stuck at 10% the default of 100% so hard to tell if this actually deblurs work. I have tried in AE 2022 and premier non-work. I am considering purchase for the colorize portion but hoping it work soon in premier so I do not have to export out to AE for times when I want to stay in premier. I assume if purchased and updates come eventually until the next major release? 
  • Mac M1 Max, 64Gb - Tried out this plugin, and glad that I didn't buy it. Extremely unstable (crashes AE randomly), very slow processing of a single frame, to the point of not being useful in real life situations. Only cool thing I saw was denoising, but it's also very very slow, even on small resolutions. Needs much more polishing.
  • Hi,
    Neural Enhancement Suite 1.3.1 still crashing Premiere (v 23.1) on start-up... MacOS 13.2. Any ideas?
  • Neural Enhancement Suite 1.3.2 is not installing and **Update** was finally able to go back to the working 1.2.5 after many tries. I plan to finishing using 1.2.5 because that appears to be the most stable and I can't install the current version at all.
    This really needs to have the bugs worked out (using win 10 and AE 2022). My intent was to upgrade from 1.2.5 to latest so I could render more than 10 sec at a time without crashing AE + use multiple neural filters on clip on a single layer and not have it crash after about 10 sec. I guess the CPU or ram must hit a limit and crash is all I can figure.
    After talking with support I do not believe there is a way to get a full download of this (GPU version) installer, so to reinstall  you  have to wait 50 -180 minutes each time (depending on your internet connect) to get all the the files this thing needs? 1.3 seems to be an even larger install (GPU version). Plugin is great though...sticking with 1.2.5 for now
  • Neural Enhancement Suite 1.3.2 is not installing and **Update** was finally able to go back to the working 1.2.5 after many tries. I plan to finishing using 1.2.5 because that appears to be the most stable and I can't install the current version at all.
    This really needs to have the bugs worked out (using win 10 and AE 2022). My intent was to upgrade from 1.2.5 to latest so I could render more than 10 sec at a time without crashing AE + use multiple neural filters on clip on a single layer and not have it crash after about 10 sec. I guess the CPU or ram must hit a limit and crash is all I can figure.
    After talking with support I do not believe there is a way to get a full download of this (GPU version) installer, so to reinstall  you  have to wait 50 -180 minutes each time (depending on your internet connect) to get all the the files this thing needs? 1.3 seems to be an even larger install (GPU version). Plugin is great though...sticking with 1.2.5 for now
    This should be resolved in the latest version.
  • Neural Enhancement Suite is one of the best ways to throw some money out the window... Better chances to gain something by playing roulette! On both my M1 macs (MBP & Studio) this freezes After Effects EVERY TIME! Frustrating and pointless. Wish I could say anything else about this but for that I would heve to be able to at least run the plugin for more than one frame before it freezes. Good job Blace "Plugins"!
  • Neural Enhancement Suite is one of the best ways to throw some money out the window... Better chances to gain something by playing roulette! On both my M1 macs (MBP & Studio) this freezes After Effects EVERY TIME! Frustrating and pointless. Wish I could say anything else about this but for that I would heve to be able to at least run the plugin for more than one frame before it freezes. Good job Blace "Plugins"!
    Hello,
    I am sorry the plugin does not work well and leaves you frustrated. In order to figure out what is going wrong, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1912
    If you could send over a minimal project file that triggers this behaviour this would be very helpful.
    Hi, unfortunately the same for me... :(
    Hey, sadly this is not possible at the moment for several technical reasons.
  • Hallo, I'm about to update the plugin, please should I:
    a) uninstall and reinstall?
    b) just install over previous version?
    Thank you very much
  • Hallo, I'm about to update the plugin, please should I:
    a) uninstall and reinstall?
    b) just install over previous version?
    Thank you very much
    Hey,
    the installer will take care of everything (uninstalling old version and installing new version).